Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder: Episodes happen in episode time.  No spoilers or comments about future events should be posted in this thread. 

• Start Topic

I haven't watched the whole episode, only got to where Sidion was lumbering up from his basement labyrinth with his freshly laundered Walmart shirt. Why are they in the basement? I also noticed when he went up the stairs, the kitchen he passed didn't look like the one they had filmed in, why do I even care - but I bet he lives with mom or grandma

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/10/2021 at 4:26 PM, LEILANI2 said:

Did the photo they have of Demitri and Ashley seem more sinister now or have they always used this one?

Lol. Yes! I noticed that!  They looked downright miserable...  the other pic had then happy and grinning   🤭😁

Edited by suev3333
Added stuff
  • Love 6

Just lmao at the Snowden conversation: OMG it was so fun at first! It's just ALL KIDS ALL THE TIME! There's times we just don't see Tayler at all!

I'm sure Dimitri was devastated that his favorite piece of ass wasn't coming back. He even tried to get her away from everyone letting her come with him on his Door Dash runs. Poor thing.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, GussieK said:

What a laughable attempt by Dmitri to cover up for the unceremonious unilateral dumping he received from Taylor.  He says it was mutual (hah!) and then apologizes to Ashley and Christeline for not rushing in to include them in the conversation and usurping their input.  

Christeline sounded rather relieved Taylor was gone. 

Who would want to sign up for this brand of chaos?

I think Taylor was just hot to go to bed with Dimitri in the beginning.  Once she finally got to be intimate with him she was prob getting bored, or wasn't thrilled with Dimitri's performance😁  The honeymoon ends fast, unfortunately.     

Everyone is saying Sophie really seems to be into polygamy.   I think she LOOKS like a poly wife.  She's just got that "look" .  Just an observation.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

Everyone is saying Sophie really seems to be into polygamy.   I think she LOOKS like a poly wife.  She's just got that "look" .  Just an observation.

I agree. She has a square head, like SpongeRobyn of Sister Wives. 😆

I'll show myself out....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Get her some government cheese!

giphy.gif

I think Tayler was trying to find the lowest drama way out of the relationship.  Head back to Texas.  Wait six weeks. Then say you don't want to come back.  Um, dmitri, pumpkin, boo, you didn't end the relationship.  Tayler ended the relationship.  There was nothing mutual there.  You just were bright enough to not argue on TV.  It doesn't matter if you, Ashley or Chrissy are happy with the break up.  Tayler is gone. 

dmitri's body language during the break up chat with Chrissy and Ashley was really angry.  Also he clearly didn't give a fuck what Chrissy had to say.  He kept looking at Ashley.  

Oh yes, the big D has deep hatred and anger flashing in those eyes of his, can't hide that part of him.

• Love 2

Snowden thoughts: why did Dimitri start lapsing into a South African accent towards the end of the episode? Buddy, you were saying those R’s hard a few minutes ago, what else are you guys going to appropriate? I also thought the pic of him and Ashley looked suddenly sinister. Did they change the contrast or is it just from what we know? 
Regarding King Jerrod and his Simpson’s Kween, when she came out to offer them lemonade in THOSE PANTS, I shrieked. It looked like a diagram of her fallopian tubes. Burn them. I thought he vibes much better with his new victim than her.

When Simian’s new girl showed up “in the forest” did anyone else think it looked like a Zoom background? The lighting on her and her naked knee looked different.

For the Howdy Doody family (sorry, too many names to keep straight) they’re the only ones I think are the real, boring deal. Kimberly was very likable, even with her farmer outfit and three strands of hair. I think many of us gained pandemic weight but she’s still pretty. That smiling baby was precious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

Snowden thoughts: why did Dimitri start lapsing into a South African accent towards the end of the episode? Buddy, you were saying those R’s hard a few minutes ago, what else are you guys going to appropriate? I also thought the pic of him and Ashley looked suddenly sinister. Did they change the contrast or is it just from what we know? 
Regarding King Jerrod and his Simpson’s Kween, when she came out to offer them lemonade in THOSE PANTS, I shrieked. It looked like a diagram of her fallopian tubes. Burn them. I thought he vibes much better with his new victim than her.

When Simian’s new girl showed up “in the forest” did anyone else think it looked like a Zoom background? The lighting on her and her naked knee looked different.

For the Howdy Doody family (sorry, too many names to keep straight) they’re the only ones I think are the real, boring deal. Kimberly was very likable, even with her farmer outfit and three strands of hair. I think many of us gained pandemic weight but she’s still pretty. That smiling baby was precious.

Oh yes, those terrible pants! I had to pause and take a good look, they were downright scary pants that nobody should ever wear! And did anyone else notice that now that the big D family is 'poor', Ashley no longer has a shiny decal in the middle of her forehead? She looked like she had made her own artistic design with her finger, using watered down food coloring! Guess she can no longer afford the ones she was wearing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

Regarding King Jerrod and his Simpson’s Kween, when she came out to offer them lemonade in THOSE PANTS, I shrieked. It looked like a diagram of her fallopian tubes. Burn them.

I had to pause my TV and then catch my breath from laughing so hard at her horrific pants. 

Those HAVE to be LuLaRags. Someone please tell me she bought those from Meri Brown!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 12
7 hours ago, vintagesac said:

Snowden thoughts: why did Dimitri start lapsing into a South African accent towards the end of the episode? Buddy, y

I thought he was lapsing into his Boston accent.  But maybe he also picked up Christeline's accent. 

• Love 4
On 5/11/2021 at 8:01 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Tosha putting Sidian's shirt on him with that vacuous grin on that she favors had me HOWLING. "See what a good little sister wife I am? I just love him so much, I want everyone else to love him too! I want a sister wife so we can sit up late and braid each other's hair and make fudge and giggle about how great Sidian is!". 

I need to know what Tosha meant when she told Obsidian aka Howard that his shirt was "ready."  My first thought was that she had ironed his shirt, but that shirt had not been ironed.  She was looking critically at the seam that connects the back of the yoke to the rest of the back, and then I thought "she made the damn shirt for him!"  But now I'm committed to she was repairing a shirt with multiple seam rips, which is what happens when you dress like Keith Richards but don't have enough of a drug habit to support the look.  Until a better story comes along, I'm sticking with that one.

(On reflection, she might have meant that she'd found one in the dirty clothes hamper that didn't stink too much, and that she had figured out how to turn it rightside-out) (without having to call one of the kids for help).

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

I thought he was lapsing into his Boston accent.  But maybe he also picked up Christeline's accent. 

That is what I thought too. The stress is showing as his facade of wealth starts crumbling around him.

• Love 7

Not just his facade of wealth but all his facades. 
He is not deep or spiritual no matter how often he proclaims he is.

Women  are not signing up by the hundreds in order to be near him.

The women who do join them run screaming from the family.

On some level he is realizing that he is not as special and important as he believes himself to be.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I need to know what Tosha meant when she told Obsidian aka Howard that his shirt was "ready."  My first thought was that she had ironed his shirt, but that shirt had not been ironed.  She was looking critically at the seam that connects the back of the yoke to the rest of the back, and then I thought "she made the damn shirt for him!"  But now I'm committed to she was repairing a shirt with multiple seam rips, which is what happens when you dress like Keith Richards but don't have enough of a drug habit to support the look.  Until a better story comes along, I'm sticking with that one.

(On reflection, she might have meant that she'd found one in the dirty clothes hamper that didn't stink too much, and that she had figured out how to turn it rightside-out) (without having to call one of the kids for help).

I thought she said she had finished “taking it in” for him. Which looked like she added some ladylike darts to the back of an old thrift store shirt, so he could look like a true tool on his first date.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, vintagesac said:

I thought she said she had finished “taking it in” for him. Which looked like she added some ladylike darts to the back of an old thrift store shirt, so he could look like a true tool on his first date.

I lived for the preview where the date asks if she can have multiple husbands 😂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I haven't watched the whole episode, only got to where Sidion was lumbering up from his basement labyrinth with his freshly laundered Walmart shirt. Why are they in the basement? I also noticed when he went up the stairs, the kitchen he passed didn't look like the one they had filmed in, why do I even care - but I bet he lives with mom or grandma

to this day your user name and avatar crack me up. 

14 hours ago, vintagesac said:

why did Dimitri start lapsing into a South African accent towards the end of the episode?

I hate myself but I am going to defend him here...he may be one of those persons who absorbs accents easily, without realizing it.   OK, back to snark.  

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I'm betting you're right about Momma living there, too.  

• Love 4
On 5/11/2021 at 12:05 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

dmitri's body language during the break up chat with Chrissy and Ashley was really angry.  Also he clearly didn't give a fuck what Chrissy had to say.  He kept looking at Ashley.  

While he was being dumped his body language was off, too. At one point his clenching fist got between the TLC camera & his computer screen. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

While he was being dumped his body language was off, too. At one point his clenching fist got between the TLC camera & his computer screen. 

Tayler really was smart to do a remote break up.  Buh-bye, dmitri! 

• Love 13

I continue to like the Winders more and more.  Howdy Doody is upfront with his desire to feel a "spark" with his new wife endears him to me; he isn't putting blame for his dick drive on the almighty, and that is refreshing--although he is the only one of this crew who could legitimately claim that god wanted his new wife to have bigger tits.  And I love it that he can laugh at his expressionless face. 

I wonder, though, if his religious beliefs interfere with his ability/willingness to fill certain prescriptions.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I love it that he can laugh at his expressionless face. 

I've been getting a kick out of that as well. While I always enjoy someone who isn't afraid to poke fun of themselves, it's probably particularly refreshing on this show that is SO full of pretentious assholes like Sidian and Dmitri....and "King" whoever. 🙄

Colton doesn't have a pretentious or arrogant bone in his body. 

I'm sad that he and Tami both believe so strongly that their faith DEMANDS that they live polygamy...I honestly think that without it, they would've been happy living a normal, quiet, boring monogamous life with just each other. They seem like a real "couple" to me - and Sophie, well she seems like the polygamy cheerleader who is almost an interloper.

I would bet my bottom dollar that Tami and Colton were just a shy, unassuming couple and it was Sophie who pursued them, not the other way around....and because of their religious beliefs, they felt they HAD to accept her. That's kind of sad to me. But I guess if it wasn't her, it would've been some other second wife, because they (misguidedly, in my opinion, but to each his own) believe they have to live this way.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

I've been getting a kick out of that as well. While I always enjoy someone who isn't afraid to poke fun of themselves, it's probably particularly refreshing on this show that is SO full of pretentious assholes like Sidian and Dmitri....and "King" whoever. 🙄

Colton doesn't have a pretentious or arrogant bone in his body. 

I'm sad that he and Tami both believe so strongly that their faith DEMANDS that they live polygamy...I honestly think that without it, they would've been happy living a normal, quiet, boring monogamous life with just each other. They seem like a real "couple" to me - and Sophie, well she seems like the polygamy cheerleader who is almost an interloper.

I would bet my bottom dollar that Tami and Colton were just a shy, unassuming couple and it was Sophie who pursued them, not the other way around....and because of their religious beliefs, they felt they HAD to accept her. That's kind of sad to me. But I guess if it wasn't her, it would've been some other second wife, because they (misguidedly, in my opinion, but to each his own) believe they have to live this way.

I didn't see it that way, but if that is the case, they could do a lot worse. Tami and Sophie seem to have just as much chemistry as Colton and each wife. If you had to be polygynous, this is the way to do it. I know in their religion you need three to have your celestial planet and I hope they get theirs. While I think this is all bunk, I won't lie, I meditate with crystals which is no less ridiculous, so I have to respect it. If this is how they do things, at least it's genuine, and they deserve whatever afterlife benefits they're seeking. Maybe they can take Christine Brown, who deserves genuinely loving sister wives, and they all get what they think they want.

Their new third doesn't seem to mesh with them, but they're all being good sports about it.

• Love 6
On 5/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Is Tayler breaking up via video chat

Well, it wasn’t by text or post-it note, so you gotta give her some points for that.

How dare Tayler want to spend time in her room alone! I love my sons but when they were little, I’d hide in the laundry room to do half loads just to have some alone time. What’s wrong with that? Away from Ashley’s clutches and control makes sense to me.

Insipidian loves talking about Neil Young Carl Jung. Okay.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, Sasha888 said:

Ashley and Tayler didn't get along???? COLOR ME SHOCKED!

I’m sure jealousy had nothing to do with it.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, Sasha888 said:

Dmitri - "I think it was kind of mutual to end the relationship."

She left, saying she was going to go visit family in Texas, and then refused to come back! Meanwhile you're calling her up with all your "Hey love, how are you love" crap and she's like "yeah, pack up all my shit that's in the closet and send it to me, 'kay?”

Anyone get the feeling that Dmitri was hoping for one last shot at some screen sex? He thought his magical cock would change Tayler’s mind but she shut him down from the jump. 

Does anyone believe that Dmitri is Mister Grifter’s given name? He needed to rebrand himself so he could appear to be the International Man of Mystery and the name Charlie/Howard/Donald just doesn’t cut it.

Loved the Winder’s potential sister-wife’s hat: Wild Child. Fail.

• LOL 5
16 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

How dare Tayler want to spend time in her room alone! I love my sons but when they were little, I’d hide in the laundry room to do half loads just to have some alone time. What’s wrong with that? Away from Ashley’s clutches and control makes sense to me.

The fact that our powder room had a lock inside the door may be the only reason my children grew to adulthood. 

If you know what I mean. 

And, come to think of it, maybe that locking powder room door is what has held our marriage together for 51 years.  Even a happy person needs alone time.

20 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Does anyone believe that Dmitri is Mister Grifter’s given name? He needed to rebrand himself so he could appear to be the International Man of Mystery and the name Charlie/Howard/Donald just doesn’t cut it.

And he--surprise! surprise!--doesn't even spell it right!  It's not "Dmitri"--it's DIMitri, the dumbass.  Just like Obsidian, I'm sure this one's birth certificate name is something so pedestrian it even turned off his mother.  I think Charles/Howard/Donald/Stanley/Herbert/Sidney--all perfectly fine names and not mockable in themselves but clearly not aviator-scarf-flying-in-the-wind romantic enough for this Architect of Dreams we're dealing with here.

The mystery of the ages for me is why these intelligent women fall for his shit.  Have they never read a book?  Hell, have they never made fun of a Hallmark movie?  And they are all beautiful--have they never received romantic attention from a good-looking man before this?  And Dimmy is good-looking and charming, I think, but once you meet Ashley, wouldn't the scales fall from your eyes?  This is a weird relationship, one in which the woman is suspiciously interested in the vaginal health (and worthiness) of her "husband's" sexual partners.  Wouldn't that be one of those things that make you go "hmmmmm....?"  And where the children--as soon as you enter their house--run to you and get you in a death grip?  Hmmmmm.....

And these women are SMART and BEAUTIFUL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I’ve been laid up in bed this past week—started out on Sunday night with gastritis which then morphed into lower back issues (on today’s to-do list: take a desperately needed shower and change the bed linens if I can get through the shower in an upright position)—and I rewatched this episode because I couldn’t remember if I slept through some of it or not.

Sad to report that The Queen’s leggings were NOT the result of a fever dream. My eyes! My eyes! TLC should have given us a warning.

It did appear that Tosha did alter Insipidian’s blouse  shirt to make it more form-fitting for his sparrow chest manly physique. He ended up wearing a vest over it anyway, so I’m not sure what the point was, but then again, that could be the title of this entire TLC franchise.

I had to laugh seeing a flashback of Ashley and her handmaidens sister-wives sitting around the table packaging Ashley’s phony grift products. They all had their culturally appropriated bindis on their foreheads and looked as happy as clams (unless clams aren’t a part of the acceptable vag pH diet plan). It will be difficult to replace Tayler, as she was one of her best unpaid laborers friends.

No GarrICK this week, but I’m hopeful that Not Rose Leslie and Bert take turns kicking his ass in the next episode.

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’ve been laid up in bed this past week—started out on Sunday night with gastritis which then morphed into lower back issues (on today’s to-do list: take a desperately needed shower and change the bed linens if I can get through the shower in an upright position)—and I rewatched this episode because I couldn’t remember if I slept through some of it or not.

I am sorry for your ailments, Auntie, but have you learned nothing from Ashley and Dimitri?  Ashley has demonstrated what hygiene means, and a shower isn't going to cut it.  Unless you are fully committed to a thorough cleansing, I say why bother?  And I know my sheets, no matter how often I change them, are not going to be clean enough to share with Dimitri.

I tried to steam-clean my vagina--my calls to various carpet-cleaning companies remain unreturned--but my arthritic knees will not allow me to squat appropriately.  All I ended up with were steamed buns, and not the dim sum kind.  And my bedmate wears a CPAP mask that covers his nose, so I don't see any reason to change the sheets until they can walk on their own to the washing machine.

As I keep saying, the things you learn from reality tv.

• LOL 11
On 5/16/2021 at 5:15 AM, Mothra said:

I tried to steam-clean my vagina--my calls to various carpet-cleaning companies remain unreturned--but my arthritic knees will not allow me to squat appropriately.  All I ended up with were stieamed buns, and not the dim sum kind.  And my bedmate wears a CPAP mask that covers his nose, so I don't see any reason to change the sheets until they can walk on their own to the washing machine.

Ah, what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during those convos.

"You want to steam your WHAT?"

"You heard me."

"Ma'am, this is a carpet cleaning company..."

"Well, have you ever thought about diversifying your services? Vaginas are an untapped market!"

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

<snip>

"Ma'am, this is a carpet cleaning company..."

"Well, have you ever thought about diversifying your services? Vaginas are an untapped market!"

Considering how highly they think of themselves and that they are likely reading here, you've probably just given Dimitri an idea for his next line of work!

• LOL 4