Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder: Episodes happen in episode time.  No spoilers or comments about future events should be posted in this thread. 

• Start Topic

Tensions rise for the Snowdens as the new family of nine is forced to quarantine under one roof; the Joneses video chat with a new potential sister wife; the Winders prepare for Kimberley's visit; Jarod Clark finds unexpected chemistry with a friend.

The Snowdens now have two news "wives" and five kids all living together in a small house.  What could go wrong?  And how will they get their vaginas steamed during a pandemic? 

The Joneses try to convince us that anyone wants to join them in a thruple.  Meanwhile, women the world over suffer from extreme eye rolling.

King Clark convinces someone to pretend to want to be part of his kingdom to stay on the show since Kaleh sensibly peaced out.  Sure, Jarod, all the women want a piece of you.  They want you so much they are willing to play Cinderella to Queen Alyssa. 

Finally, the Winders again likely appear to be the most sane and stable people on the show.  Big question - will Kermit woo the new wife with his banjo skills? 

Original air date 2021.05.10

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The Snowdens now have two news "wives" and five kids all living together in a small house.  What could go wrong?  And how will they get their vaginas steamed during a pandemic? 

In a pinch, could they use those gadgets that steam wrinkles away? Or perhaps the steam function on an iron? And don’t forget the scientifically proven idiotic pH diets. I’d probably forget about all the cleansing efforts unless and until I was made privy to their bank statements. The grift just keeps on giving.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

One of the bonus of Discovery + is getting to watch Seeking Sister Wives Monday morning, but then no one to talk about it with.

King was so flirty and 'charming' 🤢 wooing the new one, he didn't have that vibe for Kaleh. This new girl better enjoy this now because he turns dark and creepy once she's hooked.

Did the photo they have of Demitri and Ashley seem more sinister now or have they always used this one?

The Merrifields new girl is sweet but seems rather mannish. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, LEILANI2 said:

One of the bonus of Discovery + is getting to watch Seeking Sister Wives Monday morning, but then no one to talk about it with.

King was so flirty and 'charming' 🤢 wooing the new one, he didn't have that vibe for Kaleh. This new girl better enjoy this now because he turns dark and creepy once she's hooked.

Did the photo they have of Demitri and Ashley seem more sinister now or have they always used this one?

The Merrifields new girl is sweet but seems rather mannish. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

First- envious!  Second, does Discovery+ have all of this season available?  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I missed Ick & Company. 

The Snowdens' house doesn't look like it has enough bedrooms for each "queen" to have her own.

Throw all the kids together..they won't complain...warehouse the youth!...they don't count in the  snowdumb collection

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Mr. Pretentious Big Shot Dimitri was reduced to delivering groceries? While in my book that is good old-fashioned hard work and a respectable thing (especially since during lock downs this was a service some really needed), I'm betting he saw it as beneath him, and I'm surprised he admitted to it.

I believe it was @PrincessPurrsALot who said a few weeks ago that this family was most likely an outward show of wealth without the bank account to back it up. Well, you called it! 

The camera crews were away for 3 months...in that short amount of time, all his business failed and he was out of money? (Didn't save up any of that TLC money you've been getting for years now?) Hmmm...then maybe you weren't in a position to be taking on 2 more wives and 2 more children, buddy. Especially with one of them being from a different country - she's not even going to be allowed to work.

Irresponsible idiots, all of them. I laughed out loud when the screen said Tayler left to visit family and "has yet to return". 😆

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

King was so flirty and 'charming' 🤢 wooing the new one, he didn't have that vibe for Kaleh. 

I would hate watching something like 90 Day without the forum.  That’s what makes it fun.  

I cannot stand the current trend of calling women queens much less calling a man a king.          

Colton said he didn’t have a spark with the potential third wife.  Maybe that’s why.

The friggin Snowden’s should give up on this nonsense.                          

• Love 12
(edited)

Random thoughts while watching ...updating as I go:

Sid not so vicious “ we talk about physics and psychology” oh you are oh so interesting. New sister wife ...the lights are on but no one is home. She uses flowery language and literary references but likely knows nothing about the real world. Tosha is dressing him? Is this fucking Downtown Abbey?

snowden tribe- why do all these women lose their bras as soon as they move in? Vannessa did the same thing. Tayler is already locking herself in her room.  I knew that she would not get along with Ashley. Oh snap Tayler “ left to visit family”  RUN...FREE yourself from the Willy! Never mind the vag steam and diet...I hope they all had STD tests ( side eye to Dimitri who I bet my life has played pass the peen on the regular) I think a few of you already mentioned this but Dimitri is likely paying Peter to pay Paul. Dude is up to his eyes in debt and the pandemic brought his phoney companies to light. Is Tayler breaking up via video chat? Kinda like Vannessa did? Where there is smoke there is fire, there is something seriously wrong in that house.

Winders- the only ones in it for religious reasons.  I think Kermit and Co are genuine in their beliefs so who am I to judge? Colt doesn’t want to be alone with her or be physical. Complete contrast to all the others who allow the man to go on romantic dates and take the lead. I don’t think Colton is a bad guy. He does seem to prefer Sophie but I have never witnessed him being unkind to either wife. He isn’t a hypocrite, which is unusual for this show.

King big man- he is polyamorous...why is he even on this show? Kay dodged a huge bullet. The new potential girlfriend just wants to be on TV. King will be sweet with the new one until he tires of her like he did with Kay.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Bad Example said:

First- envious!  Second, does Discovery+ have all of this season available?  

Yes DISCOVERY + has all 3 seasons. But if you have Infinity On Demand it's available there on TLC ON DEMAND too.

Yep, it seems like Tayler ran the hell out of the Snowden house and ain't going back.  Good on her!  

I'm still confused about Roberta and the Merrifields.  Is she going to move to Colorado?  They all seem slightly unsure what will happen next.

• Love 5
(edited)

Makes me wonder when this episode was filmed and if they were more worried about Tayler coming back during the time the Stimulus was being sent out and more interested in her contribution. I mean $1200 isn't much but they might have needed it with all those mouths to feed.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Ashley and Tayler didn't get along???? COLOR ME SHOCKED!

I don’t think anyone who has seen a season of this show, was shocked that Ashley and Tayler bumped heads.  Dimitri was full of beans when he said that he hoped Chrissie and Tayler got along, knowing that Ashley was the boss and what she says goes.  There was no way she would tolerate Tayler being so outspoken about her likes and dislikes, especially with regards to Dimitri.  Based on Chrissie's reaction to Tayler leaving, let's just say, "karma is a bitch."

I don’t  believe Carlton is attracted to Kimberly. As Azan of 90 Day Fiance would say, “she is a little big.” Plus, she appears to be more masculine than he is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

There would have been good value in what was surely deeply intellectual conversation between Obsidian and Alexandra about his idea of "physics".   And was she in front of a fake background when they all talked?  Everything about her says "I'm here for the exposure". 

I feel like in his head Dmitri follows every sentence with "(and/but/because) I'm so awesome".  

Jarrod:  "You saw pictures..."  New Woman Emily:  "Oh, crap, I thought that was your daughter."

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Everything about the Winders' segment with Kimberley reeked of producer-driven horse shit to me.

I live in a rural area - I am no farmer, admittedly, but I do plenty of rural-type things. My brother has an acreage with horses and I am there a lot - I drive tractors, bale hay, do all sorts of things with the horses, etc. HOWEVER - I do not own a single plaid shirt, nor would I ever in a million years wear anything like that on what is essentially a first date.

I hesitate to throw shade at Kimberley because this felt TLC-driven to me. I think she was basically "costumed". (I guess I could sort of blame her for going along with it...but whatever). Hey TLC, guess what...people who love animals and farms and wide open spaces actually dress JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. 🙄

Add to that the fact that the producer made a point of asking Colton "Are you attracted to her???" and this feels REALLY fake. They dressed her up as unattractively as possible and then tried to get him to say she wasn't pretty enough for him. 

The answer he gave was well thought out and worthy of someone running for office...maybe Colton has missed his calling.

These people are too nice and decent to be on this trash network. They will probably get dumped from the show shortly...TLC seems to prefer people like Garrick and the Snowdens.

• Love 16
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Everything about the Winders' segment with Kimberley reeked of producer-driven horse shit to me.

These people are too nice and decent to be on this trash network. They will probably get dumped from the show shortly...TLC seems to prefer people like Garrick and the Snowdens.

I agree it felt very fake but good on Colt for giving a classy answer. I hope they stay on the show, it is a nice contrast to see real polygamy VS the fake bullshit. I find their struggles interesting because they feel genuine. Tami’s infertility is real and it definitely strains the dynamic. Heartbreaking really. I remember liking the Alldredges too.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 18
46 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Ashley and Tayler didn't get along???? COLOR ME SHOCKED!

Oh no!  Tayler sometimes closed her door!  The horror! Maybe she wanted to put on a bra? It sounds like the second Tayler was able to travel (some restrictions were lifted) she headed back to Texas.  Buh-bye dmitri and Ashley!  

Alexandra's voice said, "I did not know you had kids and I have NO interest in caring for them."  Between too damn cool for the rest of us (in his own head) Sidion and giggly Tosha, who would want to join their family?

Wow, the Clarks took all of "a few weeks" before looking for a new sister wife.  They were soooooooo attached to Kaleh.  The tears they must have shed - like a Real Housewife "crying" without tears at a reunion show.   I always love these conversations where a person who signed a release to be filmed for Seeking Sister Wife doesn't know that the person is polygamous.  The new potential queen is a terrible actor. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Oh no!  Tayler sometimes closed her door!  The horror! Maybe she wanted to put on a bra?

🤣

I was just going to post about this...Ashley and Dimwit said it like it was such a horrible thing! She dared to go in her room and close the door!

Um.....so? She also probably sometimes wanted to eat what she felt like eating, without you monitoring every morsel of food that went into her mouth, you weirdos. And maybe, just maybe, a single person moving into a home where she is suddenly surrounded by five children would like a quiet moment to herself once in awhile.

Not everyone needs constant togetherness when they're in a relationship. Many couples do not watch the same tv shows, have the same hobbies, etc. 

Some couples both love to read...do the Snowdens think those couples actually read the same book at the same time? Or might they (gasp) go into separate, quiet rooms and read their books individually?

Did they think when they said this to the cameras, that it would make them look like they know so much more about relationships than Tayler does? Because it didn't...it made them look crazy, controlling, and smothering, which is exactly what they are.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

I hesitate to throw shade at Kimberley because this felt TLC-driven to me. I think she was basically "costumed". (I guess I could sort of blame her for going along with it...but whatever). Hey TLC, guess what...people who love animals and farms and wide open spaces actually dress JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. 🙄

Add to that the fact that the producer made a point of asking Colton "Are you attracted to her???" and this feels REALLY fake. They dressed her up as unattractively as possible and then tried to get him to say she wasn't pretty enough for him. 

The answer he gave was well thought out and worthy of someone running for office...maybe Colton has missed his calling.

They're like Sharis' family from the last two years - actually into the polygamy but getting fixed up with odd people by TLC.  Maybe with two wives and several children the TLC cash is nice until you get dumped for being boring.  Mr. Kermit was very kind and polite about the girl.  My burning question is this:  are they putting her up in their house or is she taking her little basket of toiletries to the nearest motel?  

Hahaha that big old fake Tayler - hogging all of Dimitri's attention until the cameras leave, and then running away the second they left like her butt was on fire 🤣🤣🤣  Her video breakup was the first time she hasn't been over-animated to the nth degree.  

Did anyone notice that Sidion's date went from AlexOndra to Alexandra to Alex 🙄. heehee. Their version of an intellectual conversation:  "This makes me think of Karl Jung . . . "  " Oh I Loooove Jung". "Mmhmm". 🤣🤣🤣. I guess that was an example of their conversations about psychology; I wonder what their conversations about physics sound like? 😁

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Kimberley looks like she lives in her van and will 'date' the Jones to get access to a shower.  I think she's homeless.

Do you mean AlexAAAAAHHHHHndra? If so I could not agree more, that first video call they showed was her with a tent in the background and I thought "Uh oh, girlfriend is willing to date these two losers because she's hoping to crash on their couch for a few weeks!"

Ha ha, probably not, but she does give off sort of a "I live in a van down by the river" vibe.

10 minutes ago, princelina said:

Their version of an intellectual conversation:  "This makes me think of Karl Jung . . . "  " Oh I Loooove Jung". "Mmhmm". 🤣🤣🤣. I guess that was an example of their conversations about psychology; I wonder what their conversations about physics sound like? 😁

😆 

They probably talked about the aerodynamics of her van, so they think they discussed physics. (I'm kidding, I know no one has actually established that AlexAAAAAHHHndra lives in her VAHHHHHHN.)

Who in the world besides devoid-of-all-thought Tosha would date this loser? He makes me sick, I want to punch him as soon as he appears on my screen. I didn't think I could despise him more, and then he started this faux intellectual garbage tonight. Between his eyeliner and his greasy, gross looking hair and clothes, he just makes me want to hurl.

Insipidian is your basic, boring, excruciatingly average guy who cannot accept that he's average, so he'll do any weird thing to get attention and try to make himself feel "special". He's the epitome of a poser.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Kimberley looks like she lives in her van and will 'date' the Jones to get access to a shower.  I think she's homeless.

Get her some government cheese!

giphy.gif

I think Tayler was trying to find the lowest drama way out of the relationship.  Head back to Texas.  Wait six weeks. Then say you don't want to come back.  Um, dmitri, pumpkin, boo, you didn't end the relationship.  Tayler ended the relationship.  There was nothing mutual there.  You just were bright enough to not argue on TV.  It doesn't matter if you, Ashley or Chrissy are happy with the break up.  Tayler is gone. 

dmitri's body language during the break up chat with Chrissy and Ashley was really angry.  Also he clearly didn't give a fuck what Chrissy had to say.  He kept looking at Ashley.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Who in the world besides devoid-of-all-thought Tosha would date this loser? He makes me sick, I want to punch him as soon as he appears on my screen. I didn't think I could despise him more, and then he started this faux intellectual garbage tonight. Between his eyeliner and his greasy, gross looking hair and clothes, he just makes me want to hurl.

Insipidian is your basic, boring, excruciatingly average guy who cannot accept that he's average, so he'll do any weird thing to get attention and try to make himself feel "special". He's the epitome of a poser.

Did you love watching him groom himself as he got ready for his date? 😂

• LOL 7
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

Did you love watching him groom himself as he got ready for his date? 😂

OH yes!!!! With Vacuousa sitting there on the bed in her toddler-sized shirt, with her muffin top spilling out all over the place, straightening up his shirt and getting ready to place it on him....they are so precious and special.

Next time I need to jump-start a vomit, I will try thinking of these two Mensa members.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Colton said he didn’t have a spark with the potential third wife.  Maybe that’s why.

The potential third wife has learned the hard way that filters can bite you in the ass.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Sid not so vicious “ we talk about physics and psychology” oh you are oh so interesting.

Favorite followup line:  "Oh I *love* Carl Jung!" 

• LOL 8
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Random thoughts while watching ...updating as I go:

Sid not so vicious “ we talk about physics and psychology” oh you are oh so interesting. New sister wife ...the lights are on but no one is home. She uses flowery language and literary references but likely knows nothing about the real world. Tosha is dressing him? Is this fucking Downtown Abbey?

snowden tribe- why do all these women lose their bras as soon as they move in? Vannessa did the same thing. Tayler is already locking herself in her room.  I knew that she would not get along with Ashley. Oh snap Tayler “ left to visit family”  RUN...FREE yourself from the Willy! Never mind the vag steam and diet...I hope they all had STD tests ( side eye to Dimitri who I bet my life has played pass the peen on the regular) I think a few of you already mentioned this but Dimitri is likely paying Peter to pay Paul. Dude is up to his eyes in debt and the pandemic brought his phoney companies to light. Is Tayler breaking up via video chat? Kinda like Vannessa did? Where there is smoke there is fire, there is something seriously wrong in that house.

King big man- he is polyamorous...why is he even on this show? Kay dodged a huge bullet. The new potential girlfriend just wants to be on TV. King will be sweet with the new one until he tires of her like he did with Kay.

Tosha putting Sidian's shirt on him with that vacuous grin on that she favors had me HOWLING. "See what a good little sister wife I am? I just love him so much, I want everyone else to love him too! I want a sister wife so we can sit up late and braid each other's hair and make fudge and giggle about how great Sidian is!". 

8 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Oh no!  Tayler sometimes closed her door!  The horror! Maybe she wanted to put on a bra? It sounds like the second Tayler was able to travel (some restrictions were lifted) she headed back to Texas.  Buh-bye dmitri and Ashley!  

Alexandra's voice said, "I did not know you had kids and I have NO interest in caring for them."  Between too damn cool for the rest of us (in his own head) Sidion and giggly Tosha, who would want to join their family?

Wow, the Clarks took all of "a few weeks" before looking for a new sister wife.  They were soooooooo attached to Kaleh.  The tears they must have shed - like a Real Housewife "crying" without tears at a reunion show.   I always love these conversations where a person who signed a release to be filmed for Seeking Sister Wife doesn't know that the person is polygamous.  The new potential queen is a terrible actor. 

"Tayler goes into her room and closes the door" said in a dramatic whisper, like it's a shameful thing to do. Put-lease.

The Clarks are just non stop laughs to me. "We're polygamists".  Dude. You are not. You have ONE wife. The other "wife" ran screaming to save her sanity. 

37 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Favorite followup line:  "Oh I *love* Carl Jung!" 

"I loved his second album! What's that song, it goes do di doo di dooo...."

They talked about physics! And psychology! Sidian is DEEP, people! 

He got lucky with Tosha, I'm saying. He will never find another such devoted handmaiden.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Winders- the only ones in it for religious reasons.  I think Kermit and Co are genuine in their beliefs so who am I to judge? Colt doesn’t want to be alone with her or be physical. Complete contrast to all the others who allow the man to go on romantic dates and take the lead. I don’t think Colton is a bad guy. He does seem to prefer Sophie but I have never witnessed him being unkind to either wife. He isn’t a hypocrite, which is unusual for this show.

The Winders need to go back and start looking for  their #3 from among women who have grown up surrounded by that religion.  Maybe they could find a Darger daughter.  I think they found  one of two candidates online, and TLC persuaded one of them to make the trip.  I noted they said Kimberly could only be there for 2 days--the weekend-- because she worked, but on one of those days Colton left the house to go to work.  So does he work somewhere on weekends?  I know he has a "farm" where he has to work, but he didn't look like he was off to do farm work.  They are boring, but they are the only couple that seems real even if the live style seems strange to monogamous people.

I dislike the Clarks, perhapes because Vanessa reminds me of Ashley Snowden in that she has kids and seems to want a siser/wife/maid/nanny combo.  He creeps me out as does Dmitri.  And the new woman in the mix, seems like someone production has paid to come in as a substitute for Kaleh.

Tosha and her Keith Raniere look-a-like are pretty creepy as well.  I am not sure Tosha can keep up with a conversation on physics and Carl Jung. and I am sure Sidian can bs his way on any subject.   Alexandra looks like she wants her 15 minutes of fame before she bolts.

12 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Mr. Pretentious Big Shot Dimitri was reduced to delivering groceries? While in my book that is good old-fashioned hard work and a respectable thing (especially since during lock downs this was a service some really needed), I'm betting he saw it as beneath him, and I'm surprised he admitted to it.

I believe it was @PrincessPurrsALot who said a few weeks ago that this family was most likely an outward show of wealth without the bank account to back it up. Well, you called it! 

The camera crews were away for 3 months...in that short amount of time, all his business failed and he was out of money? (Didn't save up any of that TLC money you've been getting for years now?) Hmmm...then maybe you weren't in a position to be taking on 2 more wives and 2 more children, buddy. Especially with one of them being from a different country - she's not even going to be allowed to work.

Irresponsible idiots, all of them. I laughed out loud when the screen said Tayler left to visit family and "has yet to return". 😆

That screen shot and Dmitri's lamenting his loss of income were the highlights of this episode.   I loved it.   He may have made decent money doing deliveries as he probably was tipped generously by people relieved not to go to the store.   I think he said he and Taylor delivered groceries together so maybe she decided she didn't enjoy his company.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Here's something else strange about Kimberly...when Colton asked where in NC she was from, she said "Eastern North Carolina." And then she went on to say "deep in the mountains" and blathered about the mountains having trees instead of just being bare rocks. 

I'm from Eastern Virginia, not far from the NC state line. There are no mountains anywhere in Eastern North Carolina, there are barely hills. It's, like, the Tidewater region and the plains. So either she misspoke, doesn't know her east from her west or is trying not to reveal where she's really from.

I have never been so uncomfortable watching this show as I was watching Jarrod have that conversation with Emily about becoming a sister wife. There's something really disturbing about how he seems to go after much younger women.

• Love 12

Sidian reminds me of my brother in law... when SIL broke up with him when they were dating he stalked her to the point she tried to get a restraining order. A few months later they were back together. She brought him to my house (didn’t say it was the same stalker bf) and he told us all about how he had multiple masters degrees, had been in the army, etc. It was all total BS which we saw right through. He also had a criminal history. We asked SIL not bring him over again and she stopped talking to the family for a while. Eventually they got married, she got pregnant, she reconciled with the family (although everyone still thought he was bad news). After a second kid they were homeless and now he’s in prison. SIL is doing so much better without him but still doesn’t see it and anxiously awaits him getting out. Sidian has that creeper, controlling, I’m right about everything vibe.

I also thought it was strange that potential sister wife who travelled to religious family from NC said she was from eastern NC and the mountains. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The Snowdens are really disturbing, it's apparent now.  We thought they were sort of comic relief in the first season, but they are dangerous.  Luring attractive young women to live in their home for the purported purpose of establishing a utopian polygamous family, which Dmitri has always dreamed of.  Then it ends up being forced cleaning, cooking, baby sitting and and "intimacy" (I hate that expression, BTW).  Then the women flee!  Over and over.  I hope that no one else takes them up on it now that there is evidence of four (sorry, three) seasons of show.

I'm glad Ashley and Taylor no longer had those axes in their hands. 

I really noticed Dmitri's Boston accent a couple of times.

I had to laugh when he said his clients weren't buying his services during the pandemic.  Just what are those services?  Poser!

Edited by GussieK
wrong number of show seasons
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tosha putting Sidian's shirt on him with that vacuous grin on that she favors had me HOWLING. "See what a good little sister wife I am? I just love him so much, I want everyone else to love him too! I want a sister wife so we can sit up late and braid each other's hair and make fudge and giggle about how great Sidian is!". 

"Tayler goes into her room and closes the door" said in a dramatic whisper, like it's a shameful thing to do. Put-lease.

The Clarks are just non stop laughs to me. "We're polygamists".  Dude. You are not. You have ONE wife. The other "wife" ran screaming to save her sanity. 

They talked about physics! And psychology! Sidian is DEEP, people! 

He got lucky with Tosha, I'm saying. He will never find another such devoted handmaiden.

I am pretty sure Tosha spends her days writing Tosha + Sidian + ________ in red hearts on her pee chee folders.  She is like a ten year old who just figured out boys exist.  I laughed when she ironed his shirt while we saw his grooming and got a view of his non-guns.  The stick arms show was in town! Then she sat down on the bed and started stroking the shirt.  Hey, idiot, you just ironed that!  Don't wrinkle it!

This line re: the existing Carl Jung conversation:

Me:

Big Brother Lol GIF by MOODMAN

I would say that's the depth of their knowledge.

I woke up thinking of the Sarah McLachlan song, Building mystery.  Then I realized I was thinking of (In)Si(pi)dian:

You come out at night
That's when the energy comes
And the dark side's light
And the vampires roam
You strut your rasta wear
And your suicide poem
And a cross from a faith that died
Before Jesus came
You're building a mystery

Sidian is such a poser wannabe loser.  If only we call learn about psychology and physics from him.  We could sit on his futon couch with a wood block holding up one corner beneath his posters of Jung and Einstein, drink herbal tea of his own "special blend" (a.k.a. Celestial Seasonings) and smoke clove cigarettes.  Tosha would sit across the room and grin like a circus clown who has been huffing helium until their oxygen levels dropped.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
(edited)

What a laughable attempt by Dmitri to cover up for the unceremonious unilateral dumping he received from Taylor.  He says it was mutual (hah!) and then apologizes to Ashley and Christeline for not rushing in to include them in the conversation and usurping their input.  

Christeline sounded rather relieved Taylor was gone. 

Who would want to sign up for this brand of chaos?

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 13

Full props to Dimitri for actually doing a job that doesn’t involve any cult leader vibes. They must have been desperate for money for him to actually shut up about how deep and spiritual he is. I know Chrissy wasn’t legally allowed to work but why wasn’t Ashley working too ? 
I think both the Snowdens believe that if the new wives would just shut up and follow them with no thoughts for themselves life would be perfect. Unfortunately they keep picking women with their own thoughts and demands and refuse to turn into Ashley clones.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

Here's something else strange about Kimberly...when Colton asked where in NC she was from, she said "Eastern North Carolina." And then she went on to say "deep in the mountains" and blathered about the mountains having trees instead of just being bare rocks. 

I'm from Eastern Virginia, not far from the NC state line. There are no mountains anywhere in Eastern North Carolina, there are barely hills. It's, like, the Tidewater region and the plains. So either she misspoke, doesn't know her east from her west or is trying not to reveal where she's really from.

I have never been so uncomfortable watching this show as I was watching Jarrod have that conversation with Emily about becoming a sister wife. There's something really disturbing about how he seems to go after much younger women.

I thought the most disturbing part of Jarrod's conversation was when he said after talking with the potential sister wife he "allowed " her to meet his wife. That seems super controlling. I wonder what else he controls...everything?

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

Full props to Dimitri for actually doing a job that doesn’t involve any cult leader vibes. They must have been desperate for money for him to actually shut up about how deep and spiritual he is. I know Chrissy wasn’t legally allowed to work but why wasn’t Ashley working too
I think both the Snowdens believe that if the new wives would just shut up and follow them with no thoughts for themselves life would be perfect. Unfortunately they keep picking women with their own thoughts and demands and refuse to turn into Ashley clones.

Agree on Dmitri--you wouldn't have thought he'd have it in him.  I guess Ashley was taking care of the kids--but Christeline could have done that.  Maybe she was having trouble teaching the lessons on American currency.  I know when I have been to the UK I can never ID at a glance which coins are which, except for the one-pound coin.  Have been there 7 times!

As for picking women with their own thoughts and demands, that seems to be the problem with most of the couples.  The applicants don't sign on to whatever household ethos is required.  Usually they abort at the getting-acquainted stage. 

That poor girl with the baseball cap.  That is all I can say about her.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, GussieK said:

What a laughable attempt by Dmitri to cover up for the unceremonious unilateral dumping he received from Taylor.  He says it was mutual (hah!) and then apologizes to Ashley and Christeline for not rushing in to include them in the conversation and usurping their input.  

Christeline sounded rather relieved Taylor was gone. 

Who would want to sign up for this brand of chaos?

I felt like Chriseline was parroting what she thought d&A wanted to hear, especially since Ashley had said she butted heads with Tayler.  

• Love 6

1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am pretty sure Tosha spends her days writing Tosha + Sidian + ________ in red hearts on her pee chee folders.  She is like a ten year old who just figured out boys exist.  I laughed when she ironed his shirt while we saw his grooming and got a view of his non-guns.  The stick arms show was in town! Then she sat down on the bed and started stroking the shirt.  Hey, idiot, you just ironed that!  Don't wrinkle it!

Sidian is such a poser wannabe loser.  If only we call learn about psychology and physics from him.  We could sit on his futon couch with a wood block holding up one corner beneath his posters of Jung and Einstein, drink herbal tea of his own "special blend" (a.k.a. Celestial Seasonings) and smoke clove cigarettes.  Tosha would sit across the room and grin like a circus clown who has been huffing helium until their oxygen levels dropped.  

I concur with this assessment, except I bet Sidian's a kombucha man. Or he brews his own IPA. 

And the poster? Che. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Nancybeth said:

I had this on ff and saw the show in about 30 minutes.  I was puzzled about the Eastern Carolina and the mountains remark, because I spent part of the summer every year with cousins in  Raleigh and Chapel Hill, and my parents liked to vacation on the outer banks.   I should have paid attention to her accent, but I deleted the episode.  But you are right, the mountains are in the western part of the state; we like to go to Virginia's Grayson Highlands state park.  I wondered if maybe that conversation was edited somewhat.  I do think someone who is young and hasn't travelled far from the mountains in the eastern US would comment about the mountains in Utah.  Maybe this was someone in production who grew up watching "Andy Griffith" and took her geography lessons from that show.  When I watch Sister Wives and they drive to Utah or Sedona I am amazed at how rocky everything is.  As I said earlier, they need to find another fundy Mormon to make this work.  Someone just interested in polygamy as an alternate life style would have lots of trouble adapting to a family that is actually practicing that religion and believing the fundamental Mormon theology.   This will not work, and I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to even pretend it will. 

It took me 5 minutes to realize who Jarrod is.  For some reason I forget his name.  Perhaps because I try to forget him.  I recall Vanessa's name because it was the name of the woman who hooked up with Ashley and Dmitri last season.  They remind me a lot of the Snowdens which is unfortunate.  And I think they want a threesome.   I doubt that condo has enough bedrooms for a second to get her own room.  My cousins in Fuquay-Varina are displeased that this couple is on tv.

I hate all the parents on this show who let their children be filmed. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I noted they said Kimberly could only be there for 2 days--the weekend-- because she worked, but on one of those days Colton left the house to go to work.  So does he work somewhere on weekends?  I know he has a "farm" where he has to work, but he didn't look like he was off to do farm work. 

A few episodes back he said he was a pharmacist.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Twopper said:

It took me 5 minutes to realize who Jarrod is.  For some reason I forget his name.  Perhaps because I try to forget him.  I recall Vanessa's name because it was the name of the woman who hooked up with Ashley and Dmitri last season.  They remind me a lot of the Snowdens which is unfortunate.  And I think they want a threesome.   I doubt that condo has enough bedrooms for a second to get her own room.  My cousins in Fuquay-Varina are displeased that this couple is on tv.

I had to scroll up in the thread to remember his name! I could only remember that he refers to himself as a King, and his wives as Queens.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

A few episodes back he said he was a pharmacist.

Something else I had forgotten in addition to Mr Clark's name.   And pharmacists often work on weekends. 

4 hours ago, Twopper said:

The Winders need to go back and start looking for  their #3 from among women who have grown up surrounded by that religion. 

I agree, and I think they know this.

I don't believe the Winders are actually looking for a third wife right now. Colton has let it slip several times that this isn't an ideal time to be adding a new person to the mix, and first it was Sophie who seemed to be pushing for a new wife, then it morphed into Tami being the one who was more into it....nah, I'm not buying it. No one is keeping their story straight.

Since the show is about adding a wife, they have to pretend to be looking, but I don't believe this storyline. In the previews for next week, it shows them explaining to Kimberley what "courting" is, etc...she knows nothing about your religion, your way of life, etc? What was the basis of choosing her, then? The fact that she likes farming and Colton has a hobby farm? Sophie and/or Tami who are apparently the ones who've been talking to her online, found that to be more important than their religion???

Nope...not buying that. The Winders seem like they are too sensible to be making a silly decision like that. I think TLC said if you want to be on the show again this season, you have to be looking for someone - we'll hook you up with someone who wants to be on TV.

Kimberley doesn't seem to be the fame whore type just yet, not like Tayler or Alexandra who are obviously there for the exposure, but in the next episodes something will come up that will tell us why Kimberley wanted her screen time. She doesn't seem like the aspiring actress type, but maybe she's shilling handmade soaps she makes from the goats on her farm or some such nonsense. She's not really interested in the Winders, and they're not interested in her.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I think they believe that too - in their defense, even after a couple seasons the women keep showing up with non-stop grins, full of manic energy and love for their kids, dying to diet and steam and obey all the rules and get that mighty D, hating to leave, etc.  As I've said before, no normal person watching this show would want to live with the Snowdens.  As for the Snowden's - the next time a woman hates to return to her own kids, or offers to leave all worldy possessions behind rather than leave their house - they should consider that a red flag.

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I found it funny that the Snowden's mentioned the women having to do the diet before "intimacy".  Don't they eat that way all of the time?  Under shelter in place, it's not like they were sneaking out to McDonald's for a Big Mac and fries.  I sense dmitri doesn't let them drive. 

I do think Sophie Winder wants more sister wives.  She seems to be the true believer in that family.  Colton seems more logical.  He's thinking about being able to support more and more people and how to safely bring folks in during a pandemic.  

My sense is Miss North Carolina did not want to say exactly where she lives on TV, especially if it's a small town.  So her answer was vague and confusing.  It's one thing to say, "I'm from Chicago" or the Chicago area.  It's another thing to name a small town.  She may not have been trying to say she lives in the mountains.  Instead the mountains she has seen, likely the Smoky Mountains, look very different from the Rockies.   She is not the most articulate, although that could be nervousness at being filmed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
45 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I found it funny that the Snowden's mentioned the women having to do the diet before "intimacy".  Don't they eat that way all of the time?  Under shelter in place, it's not like they were sneaking out to McDonald's for a Big Mac and fries.  I sense dmitri doesn't let them drive. 

I do think Sophie Winder wants more sister wives.  She seems to be the true believer in that family.  Colton seems more logical.  He's thinking about being able to support more and more people and how to safely bring folks in during a pandemic.  

My sense is Miss North Carolina did not want to say exactly where she lives on TV, especially if it's a small town.  So her answer was vague and confusing.  It's one thing to say, "I'm from Chicago" or the Chicago area.  It's another thing to name a small town.  She may not have been trying to say she lives in the mountains.  Instead the mountains she has seen, likely the Smoky Mountains, look very different from the Rockies.   She is not the most articulate, although that could be nervousness at being filmed. 

Kimberley  responded on FB or Reddit that the producers told her not to reveal the actual small town she's from so she mixed up the details.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I found it funny that the Snowden's mentioned the women having to do the diet before "intimacy".  Don't they eat that way all of the time?  Under shelter in place, it's not like they were sneaking out to McDonald's for a Big Mac and fries.

My understanding is that they eat vegan, but they eat the special alkaline version for the intimacy preparation.  I have no idea what is included in an alkaline diet, but that's what they call it.  You have to do it for 21 days to prevent yeast infections, apparently.  This was reviewed by some of our able posters a couple of weeks ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1