Type keyword(s) to search

S5.E14: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

In the dramatic conclusion of the Summer House reunion, Carl discusses his struggles with sobriety. Luke accuses Hannah of turning the house against him, while Paige is caught in the middle of Hannah and Amanda’s fractured friendship. Finally, tension comes to a head when Hannah is confronted about what she and her new fiancé Des did in Kyle and Amanda’s bathroom, leading to shocking admissions and shaking the house to its core.

Airs 5/6/2021

Danielle is so amped up. I don’t ever remember her being this animated on the show lol.

I was rewatching the show cause there’s nothing else on really and Luke did lead Hannah on and I’m not even a Hannah fan. I don’t know if he’s telling the truth but I could believe it.

Des and Hannah being comedians makes me laugh. Neither of them are funny at all.

Why was Hannah keeping her engagement secret? Who cares.

Hannah is a joke. She needs to stop with the fake crying schtick.

• Love 12

This was the least entertaining reunion, but then again so was the season. Who actually gives a fig (meaning the cast) about what happened in their 6-week rental? As far as I’m concerned they all acted like dramatic teenagers taking their little vaycay WAY too seriously. They live in a fake producer driven world and Kyle and Amanda act like the king and queen of the permastone castle. Summer House, not fun. 

Lindsay and Luke have more chemistry for a couple who didn’t activate than Kyle, Amanda and their fancy bathroom. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Lindsay seems to be great at offering legitimately decent advice to others (her talk with Kyle was good) but can’t get out of her screwed up way in her own life. 

I enjoyed that Hannah did not miss an opportunity to jump in on Ciara’s storyline with Luke by piping in with a “he was texting me at 10pm too!” when Andy was asking about Ciara’s issue with Luke’s after 9:00 pm texting. Hannah, again, with Ciara in the house, he had zero interest in you. 

Hiding the engagement was so dumb and it was also a real jerk move to know that Amanda had called you, not call her back for three days and then tell some outlet that Kyle was the only person who had not congratulated you. What is the point of that except to stir up drama? And I think Hannah could have made a more matter of fact case of the idea that she and Amanda weren’t great friends and she realized that when she was not asked to be a bridesmaid which is why Amanda wasn’t first on her list to call but instead she pulled out the fake tears about the bridesmaid thing and tried to play poor pathetic Hannah about it. Something about this engagement smells extra funny knowing that she even didn’t tell Paige about it for three days. Who does that with their alleged best friend?

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Marley said:

Danielle is so amped up. I don’t ever remember her being this animated on the show lol.

This. I think Danielle is a loyal friend and she's (rightfully) mad at how Hannah has treated her friends.

Someone summed it up best as Hannah's all about Hannah, showing blatant disregard for anyone else or their feelings.  She's also not above using people or their experiences just to get a laugh.  Her apologies are not genuine, she completely lacks empathy and feigns tears to avoid dealing with her actions.  Basically, she's a shit person with an extremely large ego.

It was interesting to watch Andy observing her.  He does not appear to like her at all. Am I misremembering or did she also say either on WWHL or elsewhere that that psychic story was BS and she just made up the rumor herself to shit stir? 

Luke's claim of producer interference with the Minnesota invitation was lame. He'd have been off explaining that he invites EVERYONE to his lake house, because he does. 

Unpopular opinion but I loved Amanda's reunion look.  Danielle as well.  I liked Lindsey's look but the color clashed with her lavender hair and her makeup was too heavy and orange.  Carl really does look amazing when sober.  

Anyone know whether the reunion was filmed before or after Winter House filming?  I'm curious about the Carl/Cierra and Carl/Paige rumors I'm hearing.  I also though that Paige's "never say never" was her throwing out a blatant flirty invitation. I think she knows that she needs to step up her game to stay in the house next Summer. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Okay so did Luke just basically admit that he *was in fact leading Hannah on if producers told him to ask Hannah to go to Minnesota?

I think so. Then he modeled appropriate behavior for the situation by owning it and apologizing, without even having to have someone tell him to do it. My guess is everyone on that set had taken a similar "suggestion" and that's why there was no pearl clutching from anyone but Andy. News flash, Andy, viewers figured out producer driven shenanigans a long time ago.

Kyle does act like he's the head of the household. I think he's trying to stick to the original story line, which was that Kyle organized the house and the group. Now that people are just kind of rolling in from wherever it doesn't make as much sense but, really, someone has to herd the cats.

This has been a boring season, but it's been the same with other shows filmed during the pandemic. We're stuck with mostly the same cast in the same place. With this show, I miss the glimpses of their NYC lives and the multiple beach and event trips of previous seasons.

Culture question because apparently I'm out of touch: Is asking a woman to be your girlfriend a thing? Stavy's birthday dinner for Lindsay celebrated the night he asked her to become his girlfriend, we saw Des ask Hannah, and Danielle announced she was officially Richard's girlfriend. This seems to be the modern equivalent of "going steady," except these people are way beyond high school.

• Love 6

Ok, so this was my first season and so I don’t  know about anyone’s history other than the  backstory I’ve heard.  First impression that Hannah was planning on making the show all about her romance with Luke & when he showed up with Ciera that plan was foiled. She reconnected with Des when she saw her storyline disappear and then tried to be the shit stirrer in the house - friendships be damned!  Luke did himself no favors by “ breaking the fourth wall” which pissed off Andy and made him less sympathetic.  I would have hated Kyle & Amanda but Hannah’s actions made me hate her more & I will never watch that other Bravo show that she’s on. The rest of the season was boring. I had no desire to watch people work remotely and then get drunk on the weekend.  No next season for me!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

All I can say is Hannah needs to get a refund on those crying lessons she got. Lort. I think if someone had farted, she'd have started fake crying.

Ugh.  Glad it's over.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Kyle has a stronger emotional connection to bro Carl than he does to his own fiancé. 

Emotional bro connection, not romantic. An emobronnection if you will.

Sure he got fired up, stomped off twice and chugged rose straight from the bottle but shouldn't he have stayed on the couch in solidarity with Amanda? That's what I would expect my fiancé to do. By stomping off he made it about himself.

• Love 4

No wonder Hannah and Kyle dont get along, they are both drama queens. Always need to be center of attention. I find Hannah more annoying though. Its the damn fake tears that she pulls every time someone calls her out. 

I feel like Danielle has said more in the reunion eps. than the show itself. She is gorgeous btw. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, backhometome said:

No wonder Hannah and Kyle dont get along, they are both drama queens. Always need to be center of attention. I find Hannah more annoying though. Its the damn fake tears that she pulls every time someone calls her out. 

I feel like Danielle has said more in the reunion eps. than the show itself. She is gorgeous btw. 

So I’ve always suspected this but now...I don’t think Danielle likes Paige and Hannah much. My guess is that she thinks they’re a little silly and spoiled and vapid, but wasn’t super pressed about the whole thing. Before Hannah went off the rails this season I don’t think it was a big issue, more of a “we’re not close” than “bitch eating crackers” vibe. Now that Hannah has behaved so badly and Paige has gone along with at least some of it, I think she’s just over both of them. 

• Love 10

I feel like the fight between Hannah and Luke (and the rest of the house)gets super convoluted because both of them (and the house in general) behaved badly but no one really wants to admit that. Instead they all want to divide into teams and have their team win.

Luke avoids conflict and flirts with women out of boredom then acts surprised that they think he’s interested. He has always wanted Hannah to be a platonic friend or fuck buddy at his convenience. That’s pretty shitty behavior, especially when you start to see signs the other person might be more into it than you. That’s when you need to just make and keep clear boundaries. Even when it’s hard and no fun. See Cierra for examples on how to do this and why it’s important.

Hannah was pretty dishonest about her perception of their relationship and that she also thought it was causal enough to be seeing other people. She also manipulated a house gang up on Luke when she got mad. I wouldn’t trust that girl as far as I can throw her. She’s cruel and vindictive. I could easily see that she’s the nightmare mean girl that she pretends to hate. Paige should watch out. Hannah will punish her by turning people against her too someday. 

Paige let way too much shit go with Hannah and went along with behavior that she (and it seemed only she) knew was shady. She could have easily said “Well you’ve been seeing that Dez guy so maybe you and Luke are just friends.” But instead she let Hannah continue with her anti-Luke narrative until it led to a giant fight.

Kyle and Carl had no right to ask Luke to answer for their past sins and were incredibly rude to Luke the night of the fight. They were also drunk and way past a conversation at that point.

Amanda should tell Kyle he was the one acting like a violent lunatic that night. She covers for Kyle way too often and it’s going to bite her in the ass one day.

Cierra can ask for any boundary she wants and I believe Luke was ignoring her signals. But she told him and then drunkenly confronted him again in the kitchen a few minutes later. And then still acted like Luke started the entire fight. Luke pretty reasonably didn’t want to try to mange drunk Kyle, Carl, and Cierra screaming at him. I would have left too.

Lindsey should stay the fuck out of it. It doesn’t matter if Luke texts her at night. Cierra asked him not to so he should stop.

Danielle don’t offer Carl hand jobs! That’s all I got for you.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Culture question because apparently I'm out of touch: Is asking a woman to be your girlfriend a thing? Stavy's birthday dinner for Lindsay celebrated the night he asked her to become his girlfriend, we saw Des ask Hannah, and Danielle announced she was officially Richard's girlfriend. This seems to be the modern equivalent of "going steady," except these people are way beyond high school.

😂😂😂  The boys are planning on giving the girls their 'pin'.

In the early episodes, Carl kind of reminded me of Stradlater from The Catcher in the Rye, because both consider themselves to be A Ladies' Man, narcissistic and look good on the outside, but are private slobs.  I mean, we're all disgusting when we're alone, but that contrast really stood out because Stradlater shaves with a gross razor and Carl brushed his TEETH with a HAIR BRUSH.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Carl is an asshole I don’t buy this huge transformation. Maybe that sounds bitchy but whatever. He is just as much of a fuck boy as Luke. Kyle and Carl should apologize to Luke for that night. Carl ran out of his room for no reason and Kyle of all ppl was trying to lecture someone on how to treat a woman. Lol ok guy. Watching past episodes shows how much of a jerk Carl is and it wasn’t all alcohol.

Kyke is a douche too but he can be funny once in a while. Carl is never funny.

Kyle and Carl should get married tho they seem to be the most in love lol.

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Carl is an asshole I don’t buy this huge transformation. Maybe that sounds bitchy but whatever. He is just as much of a fuck boy as Luke. Kyle and Carl should apologize to Luke for that night. Carl ran out of his room for no reason and Kyle of all ppl was trying to lecture someone on how to treat a woman. Lol ok guy. Watching past episodes shows how much of a jerk Carl is and it wasn’t all alcohol.

Kyke is a douche too but he can be funny once in a while. Carl is never funny.

Kyle and Carl should get married tho they seem to be the most in love lol.

I get this and I agree to an extent, but also what are we wanting and expecting from a show based in the Hamptons during the summer???  I will vote for Kyle and Carl over thumb looking pancake tits Hannah ANY DAY.  Same goes for lay about Paige and sloppy Ciara.   Give me Sperry shoe douche bros and vineyard vines bitches any day!!!!

• LOL 7
38 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I get this and I agree to an extent, but also what are we wanting and expecting from a show based in the Hamptons during the summer???  I will vote for Kyle and Carl over thumb looking pancake tits Hannah ANY DAY.  Same goes for lay about Paige and sloppy Ciara.   Give me Sperry shoe douche bros and vineyard vines bitches any day!!!!

Oh I agree I rather watch them as well. What’s fun about watching ppl lay around lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So I need to know is Carl a groomsman?  Was this ever brought up?

18 minutes ago, Marley said:

Oh I agree I rather watch them as well. What’s fun about watching ppl lay around lol. 

Hannah and Paige seem to think it’s a hot commodity!!!  And Ciara seems to think sitting on a floor in the basement eating pizza is the group to align with 😂😳🤮.  Like come on now.  That’s 8th grade me being all sad like.

• LOL 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Sure he got fired up, stomped off twice and chugged rose straight from the bottle but shouldn't he have stayed on the couch in solidarity with Amanda? That's what I would expect my fiancé to do. By stomping off he made it about himself.

If I were Amanda, I'd prefer Kyle got up & left, rather than getting overly emotional & saying something that would make him look even worse than Hannah. Personally, I don't see it as making it more about himself; I think it makes him insane to see how Hannah constantly hurts Amanda & then denies having done so. I can't blame him for flipping out, IslandBoy would do the same. He's fiercely protective of me & that's how I see Kyle when it comes to Amanda being mistreated by Hannah...

23 hours ago, snarts said:

Unpopular opinion but I loved Amanda's reunion look.  Danielle as well.  I liked Lindsey's look but the color clashed with her lavender hair and her makeup was too heavy and orange.  Carl really does look amazing when sober.  

Me too, I thought Amanda looked gorgeous from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet! She has such a great body & naturally beautiful face. 

Edited by IslandGirl
The usual typo...
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, IslandGirl said:

If I were Amanda, I'd prefer Kyle got up & left, rather than getting overly emotional & saying something that would make him look even worse than Hannah. Personally, I don't see it as making it more about himself; I think it makes him insane to see how Hannah constantly hurts Amanda & then denies having done so. I can't blame him for flipping out, IslandBoy would do the same. He's fiercely protective of me & that's how I see Kyle when it comes to Amanda being mistreated by Hannah...

I agree with that yes, for real people and genuine friendships, heck yes. It’s just that I never really thought that Kyle and Amanda were that deeply hurt by Hannah and her behavior. Pissed off and annoyed, absolutely, but actually hurt, not really. I don’t think they care enough about Hannah (and her bullshit) as a person, and Hannah doesn’t care about them. People who act like Hannah calmly  get a one way ticket out of my life. K&A can’t do that because they have to film with her, and I think Kyle likes to amp the drama and put himself at the middle of it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I agree with that yes, for real people and genuine friendships, heck yes. It’s just that I never really thought that Kyle and Amanda were that deeply hurt by Hannah and her behavior. Pissed off and annoyed, absolutely, but actually hurt, not really. I don’t think they care enough about Hannah (and her bullshit) as a person, and Hannah doesn’t care about them. People who act like Hannah calmly  get a one way ticket out of my life. K&A can’t do that because they have to film with her, and I think Kyle likes to amp the drama and put himself at the middle of it.

I agree, I don't think Kyle is hurt by Hannah, but I do think Amanda is. But I also think Amanda is done being hurt by her anymore...

• Love 4
13 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I will vote for Kyle and Carl over thumb looking pancake tits Hannah ANY DAY.

I'm not even sure what this means.   If Hannah were a full C-cup, would you like her more?  Are you rooting for Kyle and Carl because you are offended at her physical traits she shows on TV?  Carl might be the worst person in that house and I laugh when he gets the pass on evilness.  But he is tall and good looking.  No thumb looking pancake dick there!

13 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Same goes for lay about Paige and sloppy Ciara.

I think you are aware Ciara is an ICU nurse taking a summer break.  Sloppy?  After a year of 12 hour ICU shifts with many carted out with a sheet over their head, I don't care that her room is messy.

• Love 3
On 5/7/2021 at 10:36 PM, Marley said:

Carl is an asshole I don’t buy this huge transformation. Maybe that sounds bitchy but whatever. He is just as much of a fuck boy as Luke.

Are you referring to the Carl that "fingered" Lindsey? And the Carl that keeps getting fired from his jobs until his bestie gave him one? lol. I can't stand that douche. Yeah, sorry about his brother's recent death and his father leaving his mother for a younger piece of ass. It's no excuse for being an alcoholic jerk. Thing that infuriates me the most is that he always gets away with it. Why is he never called out on his behavior but Luke is? I don't get it. 

• Love 9
On 5/6/2021 at 10:18 PM, RedDelicious said:

Okay there is definitely something going on between Lindsay and Luke, did anyone just see that?

I watched, and no.  I definitely do not understand why people think this at all.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I watched, and no.  I definitely do not understand why people think this at all.

I agree; they're both good looking so there's always that normal attraction amongst the fine, but so far I think they're just flirty friends. Lindsayhefingerbangedme would probably be upfront about it...

• Love 5
(edited)

What I'm talking about was the first time Lindsay got up and Luke reached for her arm and held on like honey, where are you going. And for the remainder of the reunion he had his arm around behind her and she kept leaning in to him and would put her hand on his leg. That is very flirty, connected body language and not at all platonic. That's also what I meant when I said they have more chemistry than Kyle and Amanda. Because they do. But it's that forbidden chemistry when people do things for the thrill of something they shouldn't be doing (because they're lying about it). 

They can't and won't own up to it because last summer Lindsay was with Stravy and Luke was trying to make moves with Ciara. But I think they're both opportunists. Luke wasn't getting anywhere with Ciara and Lindsay wasn't actually in to Stravy. Anybody could see that. Add six weeks in quarantine, copious amounts of alcohol and poof. It's like adding vinegar to baking soda.

I said it way back in a few other threads. I don't care what they do with each other. They're both free agents. They can do whatever they want. Just don't lie about it and get all up on your high horse like you're some pillar of morality. Do your thing for crying out loud and own it. 

ETA: I wanted to add a note that this doesn't really have anything to do with Hannah and her Instagram psychic. Maybe it's the producers throwing them together, or maybe its a self-fulfilling prophecy. I just don't think what was happening between Luke and Lindsay was much ado about nothing. 

AETA: I don't believe that Luke was "produced" in his interaction(s) with Hannah. It seems way out there that producers would come up with "ask her to go to Minnesota with you". To quote Ja'Mie: Private School Girl, that's so random. I think he's trying to save face with that one, because Hannah's behavior has been so awful and everyone hates her. Luke might be more of an opportunist than Lindsay. He's snaky and he knows he can get away with being snaky because of his looks and his height. Tall guys get away with a lot. Look at Carl.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2021 at 2:04 AM, RedDelicious said:

To quote Ja'Mie: Private School Girl, that's so random.

Wait, are you Australian?  Or just a Chris Lilley fan? 😆  Either way, OMG, We Can Be Heroes brings back memories...

Something about this couple remind me of Des and Hannah.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9575025/Silver-haired-male-model-44-reveals-fell-woman-19-YEARS-junior.html

Lindsay's a lot like Clementine from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  They may seem full of life and exciting at first, but it's all an act and you can't wait to get tf away from them.  They get triggered by everything, including someone giving them compliments.  Who needs that shit in their lives???

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

Wait, are you Australian?  Or just a Chris Lilley fan? 😆  Either way, OMG, We Can Be Heroes brings back memories...

Something about this couple remind me of Des and Hannah.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9575025/Silver-haired-male-model-44-reveals-fell-woman-19-YEARS-junior.html

No no, just a Chris Lilley fan! Or at least I was until Lunatics - I found that to be pretty unwatchable. His earlier work was SO funny though. I loved We Can Be Heroes, Summer Heights High and Angry Boys. So quotable 😆

Omg I saw that article earlier today and totally thought it was Des and Hannah! 

• Love 1
On 5/8/2021 at 12:18 PM, albarino said:

I think you are aware Ciara is an ICU nurse taking a summer break.  Sloppy?  After a year of 12 hour ICU shifts with many carted out with a sheet over their head, I don't care that her room is messy.

If she was my ICU nurse I would sure hope she would flush the toilet for me.  Because she doesn’t seem to care if she does it for her own self.  GROSS.    She also ate pizza off the floor in nasty grody Hannah’s room.  Sorry, but her hygiene habits leave a lot to be desired. 

I would also disagree with “a year of 12 hour ICU shifts.”  COVID lockdown started in March 2020.  She was set to go in summer house by July (?).  Even if August, at most she was hitting it har core for less than 6 months.   And as far as I can tell she has not gone back full time.   So don’t pull that she is such a noble care giver front liner.  She was at the pool and modeling for Bravo for the better part of the last year.  I don’t think nursing and saving the world from COVID is her top priority. 

• Love 4