Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Makeups and Breakups

snarts
  • Start Topic

It’s the final days at the Summer House and to commemorate the end of summer, the housemates throw a wedding-themed party for Kyle and Amanda. Hannah, Paige and Ciara navigate their complicated friendships in the wake of Des’ visit, while Lindsay and Stravy continue their stormy relationship, making the house question whether they are headed toward marriage or ending it for good

Airs 4/22/2021

• Love 1

Well, at least it's over!  I'm so happy Danielle finally landed a chef for this last party, otherwise; they'd have been eating tacos or chilidogs!

Hannah is just a big old fartface.  She thinks she knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING and it's sooo annoying.  I get stabby when she starts speaking for other people and their feelings about Kyle.  Just stop it. Now.  

And Linds, that hideous platinum blonde NEVER looks good on anyone your age.  It makes you look OLD and it's not flattering AT all. You stop it too.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Hannah is just a big old fartface.  She thinks she knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING and it's sooo annoying.  I get stabby when she starts speaking for other people and their feelings about Kyle.  Just stop it. Now

Nailed it.  And I CANNOT STAND HER PANCAKE TITS.  Lort have mercy she thinks she is so hot and sexy and she is the complete opposite.  No one but your creep ass fiancé want to see this flappy ass grandma titties.  Stop it stop it STAAAHHHHHP IT.  Go away Olaf.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Oh Ciara.....oh hunny.  Why you hitching yourself to that??  and can we be honest here:  Ciara is NEVER going back to being a RN full time.   So let’s quit with that title.  It was noble for a minute but it’s clear she wants to be a Mactor.   She gonna milk it but if you’re not in practice and in the trenches?  Bye girl.  When’s the last time you were in a room?  Before COVID.  Or if not before right as it started and has never been back.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Thought it was a sweet episode. I hope Amanda doesn't regret marrying Kyle.

Hannah has some anger issues or something.  Jealously maybe?  I don't get her. She seems very bitter.  Best friends don't need to like their significant others. It helps but at some point you have to accept them.  One of my friends married an asshole, nothing I could do about it. I still love her and will be there for her. 

Happy for Danielle, seems like Robert is a keeper. 

No more Hannah, please!!

Also adding that yes, I don't understand Ciara hitching herself to Hannah.  Why??!!  I want to watch Winter House just to see Paige and Ciara without Hannah for once.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, KLJ said:

Hannah has some anger issues or something.  Jealously maybe?

I swear to you.  If you have ever seen the movie Big Daddy and when Adam Sandler goes off on the kid on the playground “SORRY YOU HATE YOUR DAD.”   That’s Hannah.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Also I am pretty sure I have the same hangers as Paige and Hannah have. 😂😂.  They are not expensive and smell really bad.  I had to do  A LOT to make it ok.  But I feel like Hannah wouldn’t ever even notice.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KLJ said:

Thought it was a sweet episode. I hope Amanda doesn't regret marrying Kyle.

Oh, she will.  That is an absolute certainty.  I bet my entire life's saving on it.  I mean, every time Kyle does something that any normal, decent person should do, Amanda says "See?  THIS is why I love him.".  Girrrrrrl, please.  And he's also one of those people who doesn't believe that human beings are supposed to be monogamous.  So, why is she marrying him, exactly??? 

She lost her shit when Kyle cheated and again, when she thought he had cheated.  Kyle admitted to not being able to be faithful since the age of 16.  Love is actually not the most important thing in a relationship.  Obviously, it's a huge factor, but the most important aspect of a relationship are Values.  Why would you marry someone knowing for a fact that they will absolutely for sure cheat on you???

He's not even toilet-trained!!!  He drops his pants and takes a leak absolutely anywhere.  I'm not talking about being lost in the middle of nowhere and the nearest toilet is 15 minutes away.  Even when he is at his own (summer) home, he just goes off the verandah.  Dude, your own personal bathroom is 20 steps away, and you can't get yourself there???  No, it's not Just What Boys Do.  He just pisses everywhere.  Gross.

5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Oh Ciara.....oh hunny.  Why you hitching yourself to that??  and can we be honest here:  Ciara is NEVER going back to being a RN full time.   So let’s quit with that title.  It was noble for a minute but it’s clear she wants to be a Mactor.   She gonna milk it but if you’re not in practice and in the trenches?  Bye girl. 

I saw another RN/model in one of those night time skincare routine videos from Harpers Bazaar.  Her name is Maggie Rawlins.  I mean, you can be both, but you need to keep up with your registration and skill requirements if you want to keep your registration/licence.  That's how it is in Australia and I'm guessing it's similar in the US.  I was 3 years into being a registrar when I had to take a few months off due to severe depression.  Even though I missed 4 months, I had to re-do the entire year.  But at least I didn't have to go right to the beginning and start from being an intern again, or even repeat my residency.  I have a few retired doctor and nurse friends and even though they had worked for over 40 years, they stopped renewing their licence/registration, so can't practice unless they take a lot of steps.

Here's Maggie's video in case anyone is interested.  I think she was also a Sports Illustrated model.  Good for her.  I think she's cute and in the video, she has a calm demeanor, which I like.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Oh wow, was Lindsay shit-testing her boyfriend.... AGAIN???!!!!  Nobody saw that coming!!!  Again, he is NOT leaving you, he's just removing himself from that situation.  He's not by your side for 10 seconds and you lose your shit and unleash alllllllllllllllllllll of your insecurities again???  You know who are most definitely supposed to leave you?  Your children.  I don't believe that she will just let them leave when they're adults.  She will guilt-trip and passive-aggressively torture the shit out of them until they cave and stay a little longer.  If in your 30s, you can't have a conversation without bringing up your fricking mother abandoning you, you shouldn't be in a relationship until you sort that shit out.  Go to therapy more often, or switch therapists, because obviously whatever you've been doing has not changed a damn thing.  God, she looked ugly when she asked Danielle if she's the problem and she said Yes.  Her "What?" face was so punchable.

Hannah is obsessed with thinking and telling everybody that Luke is obsessed with her.

Yep.  Run, Stravy.  RUN.  Don't worry, nobody will blame you for getting away from that crazy, horrible bitch.

• Love 11

Hannah really expected to be a bridesmaid after she literally bad mouthed Amanda and Kyle's relationship all summer.   Plus she did absolutely nothing while everyone else decoratrd for the fake wedding. She has some serious growing up to do. 

Ciara seems like a really sweet person and is definitely more mature than her friend Hannah.  I give it another year before Hannah shows her true colors.  I don't blame her for not wanting to do anything after working the first wave of COVID here in NYC,  where we had up to 1000 people dying a day. I think if Carl was in a better place emotionally,  he and Ciara would have been a cute couple. 

• Love 4

I was trying to give Lindsay the benefit of the doubt and thinking maybe she wasn't aware she was "testing" Stravy, but nope she knows exactly what she is doing which makes her more of an a-hole. Does she not realize any SANE person is gonna leave you if you keep pushing and picking at them? 

• Love 6

Ok, first of all, I can't stand Hannah.  Or Page or Amanda.  But Page's speech was bullshit.  Page and Hannah came into the house and became best friends, they sleep in the same bed, etc.  I know they are adults and this is kind of silly, but for Page to go on and on in her speech about how she met her BEST FRIEND.. it made me feel bad for Hannah.  Maybe because I have been on admittedly both sides of a mean girl situation, I am sure Page knew it would sting Hannah.  

I can tell that Page can't stand Kyle, and Hannah dropped that nugget on purpose that Hannah speaks up and Page doesn't, implying that Page does her bitching behind closed doors..  

And why give a speech about how you met Amanda for dinner and became BEST FRIENDS??  If this was a mini-fake-wedding, the speech should be about the couple getting married.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok, first of all, I can't stand Hannah.  Or Page or Amanda.  But Page's speech was bullshit.  Page and Hannah came into the house and became best friends, they sleep in the same bed, etc.  I know they are adults and this is kind of silly, but for Page to go on and on in her speech about how she met her BEST FRIEND.. it made me feel bad for Hannah.  Maybe because I have been on admittedly both sides of a mean girl situation, I am sure Page knew it would sting Hannah.  

I can tell that Page can't stand Kyle, and Hannah dropped that nugget on purpose that Hannah speaks up and Page doesn't, implying that Page does her bitching behind closed doors..  

And why give a speech about how you met Amanda for dinner and became BEST FRIENDS??  If this was a mini-fake-wedding, the speech should be about the couple getting married.

Who as an adult has best friends or uses the term "best friend" anyway? That's so elementary school and I swear it's used a friendship weapon, and I think that's what Paige and Amanda were doing to Hannah, regardless of the fact that she's a shitty friend.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Who as an adult has best friends or uses the term "best friend" anyway? That's so elementary school and I swear it's used a friendship weapon, and I think that's what Paige and Amanda were doing to Hannah, regardless of the fact that she's a shitty friend.

Yes I agree, they used it as a weapon.  Amanda strikes me as the type to intentionally hurt someone, and take joy in that.  But Paige, I didn't see that coming.  Hannah sucks, and she is a shitty friend, but I did feel a twinge of sadness for her.  

• Love 3

I can't with this stupid fake wedding. How old are these people? Also can't with Amanda's high pitched baby cry all the time. I hate all of em' except Danielle's new guy. He looks like a normal guy, not all manscaped and his food looked delicious! 

Hannah is going to marry Des, have a baby immediately after and divorce in a couple of years. 

Lindsey will marry someone she's not really suited to because her clock is ticking loudly, have a baby soon after and end in divorce. 

Paige isn't ready for any of that nonsense yet. Bye Bye Perry. 

Who the hell knows what will happen with Kyle and Amanda. She said she's ready for a baby now. I think 10 yrs down the road Kyle will be bored with all of that. 

Ciara is beautiful but doesn't quite fit in with this bunch. She's a little more serious and doesn't get as shitfaced as the rest. 

Kudo's to Danielle for telling her bestie Lindsey that Yeah, the problem in your failed relationships is YOU! 

Carl is only bearable when he's sober. Luke has a gorgeous face but looks dirty all the time. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I can't with this stupid fake wedding. How old are these people?

I honestly wonder if part of it wasn’t because they have run out of things to do and needed to come up with yet another “event” to film that wasn’t them being boring.  I feel like a lot of things they did this summer were out of the norm because of the situation / not going out / being quarantined.   I have to imagine there was a lot of down time, which as we all know equals boring TV.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

^^^^ I’m not capable of feeling bad for Hannah. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's ok, Hannah will feel bad enough for herself to cover for all the rest of us.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I could never feel sorry for Hannah and she's more delusional than ever if she thought at that point that she would be a bridesmaid. She is too volatile, unreliable, too messy looking, and lies like a rug. AND she's constantly dissing the groom!  Paige may well talk shit about Kyle behind clothes doors, but she's not publicly doing it and in turn hurting Amanda's feelings, or starting spats with him.

Hannah is the worst. I suspect that Des may get tired of her pretty quickly.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, politichick said:

I could never feel sorry for Hannah and she's more delusional than ever if she thought at that point that she would be a bridesmaid. She is too volatile, unreliable, too messy looking, and lies like a rug. AND she's constantly dissing the groom!  Paige may well talk shit about Kyle behind clothes doors, but she's not publicly doing it and in turn hurting Amanda's feelings, or starting spats with him.

I don't think she ever thought she would be a bridesmaid, but the EFFUSIVE expression of love from Paige to Amanda was way over the top.  And why was she giving a speech about how she met her new best friend.. at that person's "wedding?"  Usually the bridesmaid gives a speech at the wedding about THE COUPLE getting married!  Not how she called all of her friends to let them know she met her new best friend.  It had to have been planned to make Hannah feel left out.

For RHofAtlanta watchers, I cannot hear the word "bridesmaid" without hearing Nene say "bridemaid"

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, politichick said:

That's the part Hannah just can't understand. Paige may not like Kyle but she is civil with him (like an adult should be). 

• Love 14

Paige once said that she went to a girls school and knew her way around bitchy games. I think she was absolutely sending a message to Hannah this episode. Basically “I’m not going to stop being friends with Amanda and I’m not going to help you in your war on Kyle. And I’m willing to let you go if I have to. Back off or else.” To be honest I’m not surprised by this turn of events. I think even if it hadn’t been DRAMA it would have happened as they grew older over the next 10 years or so. Amanda and Paige just have more in common with each other then they do with Hannah.

I’m not a huge Amanda fan, but I did think she handled the conversation with Hannah well. It’s not just that Hannah dislikes Kyle. I’m pretty sure everyone in Amanda’s life has expressed concerns about Kyle at some point, but that’s not what Hannah is doing. Hannah uses it as a weapon to hurt Amanda when she’s mad. That’s pretty toxic and I would probably walk away from that friendship too. Plus the sheer audacity of Hannah to use her own rudeness about Amanda and Kyle as some sort of weird reason why no one is allowed to talk shit about her relationship with Dez makes me roll my eyes so hard. The logic leap there is insane.

I (along with everyone else here it seems) am totally flummoxed by the friendship between Cierra and Hannah. What on earth is that? The only think I can think of is they both seem to have some “I’m not a regular girl! I’m a guys girl! Other girls don’t like me because I’m so cool and awesome!” internalized misogyny going on so maybe that’s the bond? I could maybe see Cierra thinking Amanda and Paige are too girly, Lindsay is too crazy, Danielle comes with Lindsey and the age gap means they don’t have much in common. Hannah is closer to her age and not that into clothes and makeup? I don’t get it.

I don’t have much on the boys. They were there doing their thing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 4/23/2021 at 3:31 AM, bosawks said:

Lindsey has an organic bullshitness to her crazy that Hannah lacks.

I agree! I cannot stand Hannah, yet can't help but like Lindsey. That said, I'd never want anyone I love to date her, but I could absolutely be friends with her.

Now, whenever IslandBoy gets on my nerves & then wants something, I shout, "How many sandwiches have you made me?"

I'm on the fence about Ciara, though admittedly perhaps her friendship with Hannah is blinding me. There's a coldness about Ciara, an aloofness that would give me pause. She's absolutely beautiful, intelligent, poised & mature, but I don't think I'd click with her...

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

I agree! I cannot stand Hannah, yet can't help but like Lindsey. That said, I'd never want anyone I love to date her, but I could absolutely be friends with her.

Now, whenever IslandBoy gets on my nerves & then wants something, I shout, "How many sandwiches have you made me?"

I'm on the fence about Ciara, though admittedly perhaps her friendship with Hannah is blinding me. There's a coldness about Ciara, an aloofness that would give me pause. She's absolutely beautiful, intelligent, poised & mature, but I don't think I'd click with her...

I agree with everything you said. 

Lindsay is crazy and must be exhausting to be around but I want her to get better in a way that I just don’t care about with Hannah. I just find Hannah annoying and manipulative in a way that disappointments me because there were times during her first season I could see glimmers of an ok person. Those glimmers are gone.

Also puzzled by Cierra. Sometimes she seems so mature and lovely. Sometimes I’m reminded that 24 is very young and I didn’t always have the best judgement in friends at 24. Sometimes I too could get wrapped up in Cool Girl types and be very sure that my read of a situation was 100% correct at that age too. I don’t know.

• Love 7

Paige is also tied to Hannah financially with their giggly squad podcast & merchandise.  Were it not for that, I think they'd have already drifted.  Didn't they meet at work, along with that creepy guy?

Like FozzyBear mentioned, the Page/Amanda friendship seems much more organic.  You can't tell me that Paige doesn't inwardly cringe each time she sees one of Hannah's outfits. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Just speculation about the Ciara/Hannah friendship. I think Ciara came into the house planning to be Luke's friend/girlfriend. She'd have a built in ally while she got to know the others. Then she made the highly questionable decision to believe Hannah's hysterics about Luke (OMG, he was texting two girls last summer!) and dumped him, leaving her without a friend. The other women were cordial, but Hannah actively embraced her and Ciara went with the sure thing.

I think her hope is to become a Bravolebrity. She's in a good position. Not only is she young and attractive, she's a nurse. The best part is she seems to be a travel nurse, which means she can pretty much choose when and where she works. So no matter what the filming schedule, she'd not only be able to work around it, she'd also always be able to be identified as a nurse.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

The saddest part is that Hannah is so delusional that she actually believes her lies 

Even Mother Theresa would chuck Lindsey off the balcony. The lady wants a baby with a guy that she is still testing. O.....k.....

is Kyle never not orange? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

is Kyle never not orange? 

That should be the next Lover Boy flavor:

Try the Kyle Orange and the special seasonal flavor after Amanda catches him cheating the Kyle Blood Orange!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Lindsay and her breast went full S2 Wirkus. 

I mean it’s great that Kyle and Amanda are all loved up right now. I’m sure it’s legit but it’s also good for their brand and their television opportunities (hi Winter House). Everybody knows once a cheater, always a cheater and Amanda will probably learn this the hard way, which is sad. Especially once the babies come, down the road. It’s all fun and games when the baby’s in the bucket and you can get away with going out, but once they become psycho toddlers, forget it. Kyle will not think that’s fun.

The practice wedding thing was so lame. I agree they were grasping for episode themes (ugh).

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If Ciera is only 24 she hasn't been a nurse for very long. Is she really a nurse? 

I don't know the full course of becoming a nurse in the US, but I'm assuming that it's similar to how it is in Australia.  Here, the quickest way would be to do a 3-year university degree right out of high school.  There are other pathways, but the uni degree is the standard, especially after high school.  There are a lot of 20/21-year-olds in Australian hospitals who start as new graduate nurses.  So, I guess Ciara has been a nurse for 3-4 years?? 

20 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I don't know the full course of becoming a nurse in the US, but I'm assuming that it's similar to how it is in Australia.  Here, the quickest way would be to do a 3-year university degree right out of high school.  There are other pathways, but the uni degree is the standard, especially after high school.  There are a lot of 20/21-year-olds in Australian hospitals who start as new graduate nurses.  So, I guess Ciara has been a nurse for 3-4 years?? 

Not how it works in the US. I'm referring to an RN not LPN or ARN.

Edited by bichonblitz

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Ciara's comment when Hannah was in her room and started heading to the bathroom because she needed to go poo.  Ciara jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom saying something like "Oops, I may have taken a shit and left it in the toilet!"  That is disgusting.  IMHO, there is no reason to not flush your damn poop down the toilet.  Add that to the filthy state of her bed and bedroom, and that tells me something about her cleanliness.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 4/23/2021 at 3:25 PM, MissFeatherbottom said:

That's the part Hannah just can't understand. Paige may not like Kyle but she is civil with him (like an adult should be). 

I do not like to defend Hannah, as I hate her, but I understand her confusion.  Paige hates Kyle, but she pretends not to, because it is in her best interest to play nice.  Hannah can't grasp this concept.  She can't fake it.  But she will find that in life, the ability to fake nice is very important.

On 4/24/2021 at 10:03 AM, FozzyBear said:

Paige once said that she went to a girls school and knew her way around bitchy games. I think she was absolutely sending a message to Hannah this episode. Basically “I’m not going to stop being friends with Amanda and I’m not going to help you in your war on Kyle. And I’m willing to let you go if I have to. Back off or else.” To be honest I’m not surprised by this turn of events. I think even if it hadn’t been DRAMA it would have happened as they grew older over the next 10 years or so. Amanda and Paige just have more in common with each other then they do with Hannah.

Yeah, she's good.  As a former mean girl, I admire it.  She is able to knife Hannah right to the gut, without it looking like she is trying.

2 hours ago, Pretzels-R-Good said:

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Ciara's comment when Hannah was in her room and started heading to the bathroom because she needed to go poo.  Ciara jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom saying something like "Oops, I may have taken a shit and left it in the toilet!"  That is disgusting.  IMHO, there is no reason to not flush your damn poop down the toilet.  Add that to the filthy state of her bed and bedroom, and that tells me something about her cleanliness.  

I missed that and I am horrified.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I was listening to a podcast (can't remember which one) and the host mentioned that maybe Ciara didn't want to flush because her mic was still on.  And he mentioned something about how they tell the crew to turn mic off when they go into the bathroom.  But seriously, either way - still disgusting.

9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I do not like to defend Hannah, as I hate her, but I understand her confusion.  Paige hates Kyle, but she pretends not to, because it is in her best interest to play nice.  Hannah can't grasp this concept.  She can't fake it.  But she will find that in life, the ability to fake nice is very important.

Totally agree.  Hannah won't go far if she can't fake nice.  I get wanting to be honest, but sometimes the more mature way to handle things is to NOT be so honest.  I learned that in my 20s the hard way.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 2