Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Dr. Laken Perillos

• Start Topic

6 in a " No Lizzie" row!!!!!!

Red went to question one of Neville's men (who Red also pays), he/Dembe were careless to drop information that eventually got to Neville and then later a kidnapping. Then Red goes back to this man and said you "betrayed us"!!! Someone needs to remind Red: the man works for Neville too you fool! What did you expect him to do? He went to the guy that most likely paid him more! Keep your mouth shut next time!

So Ruddiger was in on the plot to kidnap Red! He and the great mastermind Townsend couldn't come up with a better kidnapping plan? No sealing off exits! One dumb henchman sneaks up behind Dembe and asks "where is Red?" I am almost sure he passed Red on his way to put a gun to Dembe. 

Once useless Park and Ressler were assigned to find Dembe, I really thought this would be his last episode. No way they would solve this!

All that time Dembe was being tortured, the clown duo of Ressler and Park were still trying to find a "clue" from a burnt piece of the head light trim and wait for a lab report that would take 24 hours (fingers crossed! Maybe less). Say your prayers Dembe!

Meanwhile Dembe escapes "on his own" (for some reason Laken's guards and TV movers are nowhere to be found) and out of courtesy he calls the FBI. A very relieved Park and Ressler probably told Cooper they found him through their impressive investigative skills and Cooper believed them!

Why didn't Dembe just shoot Laken when he had the chance the first time? All her long babble and pain inflicted must have built up some anger for him to plug her. Also, Neville told her to stop and she continued just for joy! That at least deserved to put a cap in her ass! It's Laverne Cox, so they can't kill her!

Dr. Laken Perillos didn't want to give Red a Black history lesson or did she expect Anne to do it on their next date? She saves her boring ass "mole rat" speech for him!???? 

Townsend knows Laken has been caught, doesn't send people to save her, take some pills and goes to sleep. Instead, he sends his people to get/rough up Ruddiger!!!??? Why? Ruddiger isn't going to get another opportunity to get close to Red. 

Then "Sloppy" Balboa decides to "work him over" in a punching bag, delivering some weak punches wearing boxing gloves. I hope Townsend doesn't believe all the blood and bruises on Ruddiger came from him!

I thought "Madeline Burke" from the Blindspot was the stupidest, lamest villain in recent tv history but Townsend is making a case to move her from the top spot!

Did Neville forget he had his sister killed? Or was that Red's fault too?

Good for Ressler to show bravado to Laken while she's lying there after being tortured by Dembe and Red. That's the only time he can look like he is in charge!

What's this "We" nonsense, Dembe told Cooper??!! He handled most of the work by himself! Cooper and co. provided minimal support.

Does Laken need to travel with all those TVs to every damn location? What was her excuse at Customs? She can't get a good torture going without them? Or is Townsend too cheap to buy her a tablet or a good phone to communicate? Maybe Laken was hoping to catch "WandaVision" on one of the old TVs.

Although, I was very impressed she had those TVs up and running quickly at her next torture site for Red. Torture chair can stay behind, they have an extra. Her movers are top notch! 

All Laken needed to do was show a picture of Mr. Einhorn to Dembe and Red. She would have had them talking about Sikorsky Archive or JLo's/Arod's break up or anything in no time! 

Can someone please fit Mr. Einhorn for a good Darth Vader suit!!!!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2

Much better show without Liz. I usually hate everything but Red. There was nothing extremely stupid this week and the task force were competent. 

But isn't Red dying? What happened to that? 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

All Laken needed to do was show a picture of Mr. Einhorn to Dembe and Red. She would have had them talking about Sikorsky Archive or JLo's/Arod's break up or anything in no time! 

Can someone please fit Mr. Einhorn for a good Darth Vader suit!!!!

That was one of the goriest makeup jobs not in a horror flick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Good for Ressler to show bravado to Laken while she lying there after being tortured by Dembe and Red. That's the only time he can look like he is in charge!

At least Ressler was finally able to catch up to a suspect for once! I mean yeah, she was tied to a chair and her legs were paralyzed but against Ressler that's still some good odds.

Cooper told Dembe he'd make a good cop but I don't recall a scene where Dembe was deputized. So we have Dembe calling the FBI to give them the location of the warehouse Red is being held at... the warehouse where Dembe is heading so he can murder a couple of guards and torture someone else. I guess if they don't catch him in the act it doesn't count. Or perhaps Red has a new cleanup crew on standby and they got rid of those dead guards before the FBI got there. Or maybe Dembe went to Hawaii at some point in time and was deputized into the 5-0 task force.

Townsend is really upset about this Sikorsky archive but since Red said absolutely nothing about it that's a good indicator the writers haven't come up with anything to justify why it's so important. But no matter what is in it, it's nonsensical for Townsend to be going after it in this way. All he's doing is exposing that he has some weakness related to it. If I was Red, I'd leak a location for it and then once Townsend gets there to claim his prize all he'll find is a bag full of Vesco cat turds with a bomb underneath.

Townsend also indicated that for no readily apparent reason he listens to Lizzie. So yeah, he's fucked. He's some manner of international spy villain mastermind and yet he's somehow compelled to take the advice of this whiny wench who wants to prevent him from getting his murder on? From the way he says she begged him to spare Rudiger I guess he got tired of listening to her and did it just to shut her up. But hey, Townsend... you know what else would shut her up and really piss Red off at the same time? You get three guesses and the first two don't count.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

6 in a " No Lizzie" row!!!!!!

I don't know why Boone is MIA. It could be anything from medical issues in her family, to an obligation on another project, to contract negotiations for next season. If she's holding out for more money, though, she needs to rethink her strategy.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Does Laken need to travel with all those TVs to every damn location? What was her excuse at Customs? She can't get a good torture going without them? Or is Townsend too cheap to buy her a tablet or a good phone to communicate? Maybe Laken was hoping to catch "WandaVision" on one of the old TVs.

LOL -- love the WandaVision reference ("Get me an old TV!"). Let us take a moment to appreciate that here, in the year of our Lord 2021, we still cling to the TV Trope that a wall of ancient TVs = psycho villain. I mean, you got secret lair money, but you can't buy a flat screen? How is there even tech to connect those bad boys to the all-important feed that lets low-rent Robert Downey, Jr. play along in real time? I find it vaguely comforting that we all understand and accept it, lol.

If being Lizzie-free (in addition to the joy of being...Lizzie-free) gets me this much Red & Dembe, with guest stars like Laverne Cox, I'm in. Keep the silly Friday fun rolling.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I don't know why Boone is MIA. It could be anything from medical issues in her family, to an obligation on another project, to contract negotiations for next season. If she's holding out for more money, though, she needs to rethink her strategy.

Maybe Megan Boone has looked back on her 8 seasons with the show and like Jennette McCurdy is disgusted/embarrassed with her performance and wants to take a break. 

Only time will tell!

12 hours ago, dwmarch said:

At least Ressler was finally able to catch up to a suspect for once! I mean yeah, she was tied to a chair and her legs were paralyzed but against Ressler that's still some good odds.

He has earned a Participation trophy for his role in this episode.

In Ressler's official report: he caught up to her after a very long foot chase and had to inject her as a last option during hand to hand combat.

The SWAT members will corroborate this story or he will send Park after them.

• LOL 1

How does Megan Boone still even get mentioned on the intros for the show anymore ? 
It's been 6 episodes, and she hasn't contributed anything on screen (and Flizzie doesn't count).

I think she actually provided more to this show when we supposed to think that her character was dead. 

At least Cooper stopped calling Lizzie "Agent Keen"

Is Aram's only job now to be outraged each week at some social issue ?

Still no sign or mention of Agnes, the dogs, or Robert Vesco's cat.

• Love 1

So apparently some one on this show has seen the Vincent Price movies, Doctor Phibes re: Mr. Einhorn.

While I don't miss Liz (and really we're supposed to believe she's the puppet master/criminal genius/know-it-all?), they really need to move on from what ever this is and go back to one off cases and people on the, you know, blacklist.

Aram should spend more time thinking of how not to get duped by almost any ex-agent or bad guy that comes of his way and less time being morally outraged considering the people he's working with.

I like Laverne Cox but found her doctor talked too much instead of just doing the torture stuff but I guess that would mean you could just get some no name actor and call it a day.  At least the doctor didn't get away no thanks to the task force although with their track record, it probably won't be long before she makes a break for it.

Townsend is tedious and yes, just let Red get to him or better yet, have the nurse slip him something in one of those dozens of pills he takes.  Ruddinger was lucky Red didn't get to him first.  Also, are all of Red's former "allies" turning against him due to Liz or just because they maybe smell blood in the water?

Is the guy in Germany still sitting in a dark room? Did he join the MIA list with Agnes?

Why is Perrilos still alive? Red promised to kill her...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 2

Like many, I'm a James Spader fan; however, this episode had me cringing and saying, "it's just a tv show!" during Denbe's torture. Yuck.

This show loves to torture its audience.

Not missing Liz. At all!

• Love 1

No more Red on a hospital bed episodes...enough. So...no one seems to know what the bleep is going on with Megan Boone? Not that I'm complaining. The show clearly doesn't need her character. In fact, I had read a year or so ago, that Spader and Boone did not get along at all. Spader considers this his show written around his character. There seemed to be some kind of power dynamic going on between them. At some point someone's going to spill the beans on the back story to this. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying no Lizzie episodes even if they are silly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I fast-forwarded quite a bit of this episode as I did not want to watch the torture scenes.  And, just like most villains, the torture villain got to monologing and didn't finish her jobs...

Still enjoying the Lizzieless episodes...

• Love 1

I’m so glad Dembe is okay. I was worried there for a bit. I should have known he’s have that situation all under control in no time.

Love not seeing M. Boone again, but disappointed to note the next episode would be two weeks later.

8 hours ago, LemonLime said:

Are we ever going to get an answer about Megan Boone? Is she not coming back? What's going on?

Saw an article that said she would be back "soon"....now, how they define soon...it didn't say.  

On 3/16/2021 at 8:31 PM, LemonLime said:

Are we ever going to get an answer about Megan Boone? Is she not coming back? What's going on?

I'm not complaining. She's the worst part about the show. I just wish they'd move on from storylines involving her. 

• Love 1

IMDB shows Boone working on a tv series called 'The Underground railroad' due in 2021.

she has filmed 2 episodes.  Maybe it has not been picked up?

Maybe she is trying to play both against one another?

As long as she is gone.  I had to stop watching due to her acting and story line.....just couldn't anymore.

I will watch these episodes that do not have her in them altho' the torture stuff is not my 'jam'.