Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Discussion: More Bates Bating Along

• Start Topic

I don't think they think Nathan is gay. He had the prior relationship with Ashley, and after a few months, they were pretty handsy. He acted like an awkward straight guy. 

If anything, Lawson is the one who has always pinged my gaydar. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think they think Nathan is gay. He had the prior relationship with Ashley, and after a few months, they were pretty handsy. He acted like an awkward straight guy. 

If anything, Lawson is the one who has always pinged my gaydar. 

To be fair I wasn't trying to imply that Nathan was gay.  My point is if his family perceived him to be gay they would treat him differently than they did the other kids and be particularly inclusive to any woman he brought around.   He has a higher voice/he tried to slow dance once with his grandmother.  He's as cookie cutter as some of the other brothers therefore they perceive that he might be other and anything that makes him not other is embraced.  

My sisters decided our brother was gay when he was in his 20s.  THey went out of their way to tell him it was fine if he was.   They asked me about it a lot (because they moved away and started their lives when he was 10 so really didn't see him more than once a year from 10-23) but I had lived with him that whole time and I was snoopy/bratty little kid so I went into his room when I wasn't supposed to and I know what kind of magaines he had and what his drawings were like and I'd met the totally toxic girl he was sure he was in love with throughout highschool despite her toxicity so I was pretty sure he wasn't gay.   Bttio they asked me all the time and when I said, "No." they told me I was just a little kid and didn't know what I was talking about.    My brother isn't gay.  As soon as internet dating became a thing, way before it was mainstream, he met a girl online they've been married 25 years now.  But the perception that he was was a thing that persisted for my sisters until he got married.

• Love 5

Wasn't last night's episode called something like Lawson's New Love?  Of course, the show is sobad it hardly holds my attention, and I missed the very beginning. But Lawson was in the first scene I saw with G&K, Katie, and one of the older boys (didn't care to figure out who). 

They didn't show her. I guess she appears at next week's episode of I Love You Day. 

• Love 2

I think unlike the Duggar girls, the Bates women are smarter at identifying their niche and marketing to it. Carlin, Erin and Whitney know their target audience is young Christian women and moms who likely don't have a ton of disposable income, so the boutique provides cheap dresses and the right amount of Jesus-speak. I'm not surprised they're doing well. 

• Love 6

Also unlike the Duggars, the Bates girls seem to actually work at BSB. They know their market and post just enough on Instagram to be interesting to their target audience. They seem more vested in the clothes they’re shilling than for example, Joy and her eyelashes. Or Jingle and her book. The Duggars must think the leghumpers will buy whatever they promote with very little effort.

• Love 7

Did anyone else hear Lawson say on the show last night that Tiffany was finishing up a master's degree?  What the heck does she see in this guy? Does he even have a home school high school diploma? Anyone know what he does to earn a living?  I wonder if she has thought that yes he is nice looking and his family has a TV show but when this show ends what then? She will be married to guy with little to no ambition and little to no real education. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Did anyone else hear Lawson say on the show last night that Tiffany was finishing up a master's degree?  What the heck does she see in this guy? Does he even have a home school high school diploma? Anyone know what he does to earn a living?  I wonder if she has thought that yes he is nice looking and his family has a TV show but when this show ends what then? She will be married to guy with little to no ambition and little to no real education. 

Where's she going to school? Real University or Clown College type of place?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
17 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Who was the fourth member of the quartet dressed in blue.  He was so heavily made up I couldn't tell. He was short--was it Chad?

I couldn't figure that out either!  I think too short for Chad!

(edited)
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Who was the fourth member of the quartet dressed in blue.  He was so heavily made up I couldn't tell. He was short--was it Chad?

It was Evan. The quartet was Kelton, Bobby, Travis and Evan - the 4 newest brothers in law/to be.

And BTW I thought it was ridiculous that Lawson and all the sisters/Whit went on about OMG Tiffany is SUCH a natural in front of a camera, she doesn't need any instruction at all. Uh yes she can stand for 5 minutes and model your crappy dresses. You do realize she's a professional in front of a camera right -- 

"As a child actor, Espensen nabbed guest starring spots on shows like Disney Channel’s Hannah Montana, Criminal Minds, NCIS, The Young and the Restless, and True Jackson, VP. From 2009-2010, she had a recurring voice role on Phineas and Ferb as Ginger.

In her teen years, Espensen’s career continued to blossom, with guest starring roles on shows like House and Good Luck Charlie. In addition to playing Wallaine Rapkin in the 2014 Nickelodeon Original Movie Terry the Tomboy, she co-starred with Ashley Argota on Nickelodeon’s Bucket & Skinner’s Epic Adventures. She also played the co-starring role of Belinda on the Disney XD series Kirby Buckets from 2014-2017.

Espensen even became part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2017, when she played Cindy – one of Peter Parker’s classmates – in Spider-Man: Homecoming. She returned as Cindy in the 2018 Marvel film Avengers: Infinity War."

Or would it make your dumbass brother look small and unaccomplished if you were to acknowledge that his gf is in fact talented and has credentials!?

Edited by cereality
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Liberty. Online even before Covid. 

Founded by Jerry Falwell Sr. who died in 2007.  His son Jerry jr. was recently ousted as president after a pretty kinky sex scandal involving him, his wife and a pool boy.  Another fundamentalist bites the dust because of his sexual predilections. You can't make this stuff up. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 6

Does Lawson realize that his 'girlfriend' has been more professionally successful than he has been? I wonder how that will go if they marry?

Ester is so over this family already. Why is she marrying Nathan? Does he also have an umbilical cord to Tennessee and his family? I doubt she would want to live right by them. I hope these two have had a real, frank discussion as to what their expectations are of each other after marriage and where they really want to live. I know, Michelle Duggar said her daughters have NO EXPECTATIONS from their future husbands. Not the way to go. There is always a baseline expectation when planning a life together with someone.  This, of course, if just my opinion.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I figured it was him. The song was so bad that I zoned out the scene. 

He’s really a short guy!  I always thought him taller and bigger!  He’s the plumber right. 

On 6/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, BitterApple said:

Where's she going to school? Real University or Clown College type of place?

On 6/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Liberty. Online even before Covid. 

Just now trying to catch up ..masters in what?

Lawson is in his late 20s right? To find an eligible lady, he might have aged out/can't find an available younger candidate..

• Love 1
(edited)

Flipping RVs/ 5th wheel trailers... What's next.🙄

Surprised the thought hasn't occurred to live in one or a mobile home full time..

I thought one needed a newer RV so that you could hookup water, electric and sewer via a single plug (for each) in most parks.. Unless you're really roughing it..

If I love you day is getting bigger each year and so hard/long to plan, doesn't that mean the original intent of the gathering is getting lost?

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

Just now trying to catch up ..masters in what?

Lawson is in his late 20s right? To find an eligible lady, he might have aged out/can't find an available younger candidate..

I don't think she has ever said what her Master's was. As far as aging out is concerned, I believe she's only 22/23. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 7:20 PM, riverblue22 said:

The Bates girls seem to be doing very well with their clothing business.  I thought I heard that they sold 5,000 dresses during a recent sale.  Did I hear that right?

On 5/30/2021 at 7:32 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, they said 5000. 

To who? Buyers for another discount/online seller? Overseas investors?

I thought unemployment rate , which follows less disposable income, is high. I can't imagine anyone selling 5000 units of anything, quickly in the last couple of months.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Travis and Katie follow each other's phone locations and in order to pull off the engagement surprise he needed to find an excuse to turn off his location so she wouldn't know he arrived in Knox. Ew. That seems stalker-ish of each other. Is this a new boyfriend/girlfriend thing or just a weirdo I don't trust the other person/MUST know where they are-Bates relationship thing??

Love how much Josie's gushing re making memories with Willow blah blah. Yet now with the 2nd kid here, no sign of Willow anywhere. Where did the light of their life go? Oh yeah she's staying with Aunt Katie at the big house - still - even though mom and dad have been home for days now.

Really Whit - getting your nails done is HUGE before holding a baby for the first time? Yep gotta get those perfect pics. Where are they delivering that nurses. aren't taking at least a few of those nail colors off -- usually drs want to be able to see your nail beds for oxygen sat purposes. Though as social media whorish as the world has gotten, I bet nurses are used to being told not to take off the polish or take it off only one hand and that hand is then hidden in newborn pics.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Kelly Jo has hearing loss. Those with hearing loss tend to shout so they can hear themselves. I notice she’s doing that a lot!

I think that just comes from years of needing to bark orders to your massive litter of kids. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2021 at 8:27 PM, ozziemom said:

Also unlike the Duggars, the Bates girls seem to actually work at BSB. They know their market and post just enough on Instagram to be interesting to their target audience. They seem more vested in the clothes they’re shilling than for example, Joy and her eyelashes. Or Jingle and her book. The Duggars must think the leghumpers will buy whatever they promote with very little effort.

I kind of suspect Erin is heading up the Bates Girls clothing line .  Erin is very good and has a great eye for all things.  Decorating, clothing and even food presentation!

I watched her leading the photo shoot with what to wear and where to stand.   She even has Kelly Jo in a lot of fashions and looks great. I think a couple of the girls do hair and makeup!

They just might be pulling in a few bucks and good for them!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, sATL said:

To who? Buyers for another discount/online seller? Overseas investors?

I thought unemployment rate , which follows less disposable income, is high. I can't imagine anyone selling 5000 units of anything, quickly in the last couple of months.

You did not count in all the stimulus money, unemployment and then the government unemployment amount.  I work in retail and you would not believe the amount of jewelry and electronics we have sold.  We have been so surprised at what people are buying.  A lot chose to buy things and not pay bills with the extra money. So that is very possible that they would sell that many.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, cereality said:

Travis and Katie follow each other's phone locations and in order to pull off the engagement surprise he needed to find an excuse to turn off his location so she wouldn't know he arrived in Knox. Ew. That seems stalker-ish of each other. Is this a new boyfriend/girlfriend thing or just a weirdo I don't trust the other person/MUST know where they are-Bates relationship thing??

legit Kelly was all, 'This is how young couples are now."  And I was like, "is it?"  Because no.  Just no.  Hell no.  I never go anywhere or do anything and still if somebody was monitoring that?  NOPE!  Big no.

20 hours ago, cereality said:

Really Whit - getting your nails done is HUGE before holding a baby for the first time? Yep gotta get those perfect pics. Where are they delivering that nurses. aren't taking at least a few of those nail colors off -

Genuinely, I know some women who have done this and the have their o2 stats checked on the other hand.   It always looks terribly out of place for me in pictures.  

And honestly, I could almost see myself doing it as a way to treat myself but I wear my nails super short and get them buffed so they wouldn't have any impact on the 02 sensors.

• Love 5
(edited)

Back in the Dark Ages when I had my babies (1988-1992) I remember being told no nail polish (fingers and toes), no makeup and no jewelry (nbd, my rings had not fit for months) in the delivery room.  I was allowed to wear my contacts, just had to tell them I had them in.  I filed my nails short because I was afraid to scratch the baby.  Things certainly have changed.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 12

Apparently I live about 4 miles away from Travis Clark’s family, though their house is double the size of ours and worth quite a bit more too. His father is an associate pastor at the Solid Rock Baptist church, also in Berlin NJ. I guess their family music ministry pays very well. Wonder if I’ll run into Katie at the local farmer’s market. I never heard of this family until I saw Travis on the show , though the church has been there over 30 years. The one pastor was on CNBC last year arguing that they should have been allowed to be open although New Jersey was under a stay at home order for 3 months. The church has a school and college associated with it . 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3