Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Discussion: More Bates Bating Along

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Whitney sounded like an idiot sitting there, so so happy that he will be home more. Why does a grown woman. married a decade (?) with numerous family members nearby, need her husband to be home day and night? Is he going to help at the clothes business? Babysit so she can go there? At the cost of a good job he had. Ridiculous.

Whitney is an idiot. I've never really cared for her, she bugs me. The way she sits there on the couch for those interviews just staring at whoever is behind the camera, really bugs me. And yah I think she kisses Kelly's ass. Im not able to watch the show because of where I live, but I have seen some on youtube, so I haven't seen much, but enough to see that she goes along with whatever Kelly says.

And how dumb do you have to be to push your hubby into quiting a good stable job with benefits, while you're  knocked up with blessing # 4. 

• Love 7

It could be they’re hauling in some pretty good bucks from the show!  Zack and Whitney have been featured more and now Allysa has come out of the woodwork!

There’s Gold in them there hills!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It's been a while since I've watched this show. I had never quite understood the snark on Kelly Jo because compared to J'chelle she seemed to know and care about her offspring. But now I see that she does nothing but talk - which includes pressuring future sons in law to propose. Speaking of her voice, now I find it to be terribly grating. I can't stand the exaggerated drawling enunciation - perhaps because she offers so few ideas and relies on the same limited number of adjectives to express herself.

I hated it when she leaned on Michael - for medical advice of all things. That way, if she does whatever Michael advises and it doesn't go well, she won't have to take personal responsibility for the decision. Yes, Michael completed nursing school but she isn't even officially a nurse yet. I doubt if her cousework included selecting the best treatment options for GERD. And yes, Kelly, you do have another, non surgical option which you could try, you even mentioned it yourself...lose weight.

Considering the minimal work the woman does (other than organizing others to do things which she could just as easily be doing) the only thing she apparently has done with her life is bearing her baker's dozen and a half of children.

• Love 9

Wow, Zach's making a dumb choice. Giving up a good paying job with benefits to cut trees. He seemed like had been smart about getting an actual job. Now that's gone.

Its hard to feel sympathy for Erin considering the family didn't bother to take Covid/-19 seriously the whole time nor have they since.

Carlin might have actually done some work at the dress shop. That might be a first. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Its hard to feel sympathy for Erin considering the family didn't bother to take Covid/-19 seriously the whole time nor have they since.

Carlin might have actually done some work at the dress shop. That might be a first. 

Someone upthread suggested that Erin may have milked it a bit. I had the same thought watching her talk about her perma-covid.

One of Alyssa's videos showed Carlin doing a lot of painting at the new house. If I recall correctly it was the trim, which is more of a pain than just rolling the walls.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Someone upthread suggested that Erin may have milked it a bit. I had the same thought watching her talk about her perma-covid.

That sounds like Erin. 

One of Alyssa's videos showed Carlin doing a lot of painting at the new house. If I recall correctly it was the trim, which is more of a pain than just rolling the walls.

Oh, really? I'll have to check it out. 

14 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That sounds like Erin. 

Oh, really? I'll have to check it out. 

Cereality remarked on it:

MARCH 11

I guess that's the positive of such a big family. They can help each other out with these big projects, thus allowing J&A to buy a house that looked like a total foreclosure, knowing they could fix it up without having to spend 100k or more on contractors (which is what this gut renovation would otherwise take). John is a really handy guy -- guess it isn't shocking given that he's in the skilled trades. But they've made great progress so far -- painting and floors moving along quick. The kitchen will likely take time. 

It was kind of surprising to see Evan & Carlin show up and actually work -- you know not treating this as their beach vacation and being out doing photoshoots. They posted an IG live getting on a flight on Friday at like 5 am and were back in Tenn around 5 pm on Sunday and then the videos in between were basically them painting the whole time except for a dinner out with J&A at Olive Garden. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

He doesn' look a day over 15 years old. When Kelly was grilling Travis about when was he going to finish school and what was his plan, if I had been Katie I would have died of embarrassment. Kelly wants to get this thing locked down lest he changes his mind.  At one point Travis started to say something about having to talk with his parents about these things but then he caught himself and stopped.  Imagine trying to get your teenage boyfriend to propose and he's thinking what will mom and dad have to say about this. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 4/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, IndianPaintbrush said:

It really is a stupid decision. I find it hard to believe Zach couldn't find a position that allowed him more time with his family. It's not like the tree business is some cushy job. He could end up seriously injured with no health insurance or disability. Oops!

a part of me also agrees with an earlier point in that some state/county/positions might require education/prior experience, if he wanted to keep the same salary level.  In other words he had to qualify - to some extent to get the job. Yes - he was 10 years in an the sheriff dept, but he wanted to go into another dept - he might had to start at the entry level and there were no openings.

But he wants to move - the city of ATL has a perfect job for him.. He won't be the boss though,.. Which may be part of the teachings from Gil - they want to be the head of something, and do their own thing, when they want to do it.

image.png.96c750f85a3ca1f9ee0f381f9c1cb24d.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

The ladies are getting a bigger traditional brick and mortar, where you have to probably pay decent rent, to hold inventory... Is that a good business model ? There has to be a point of holding inventory isn't a good thing. Did they do any workups to see just how the foot traffic would be?  Then there is staff - as I don't see the 3 manning the store enough to provide coverage, as they have kids. 

I saw the Dollar General in the background... I hope they have better quality. Dig around some dollar generals you can find some interesting pieces - kinda like Big Lots.. I mean when you walk in the door - you not expecting to find the same as if you were at Macy's/Forever 21/Old Navy. How far away is TJMaxx/Marshall/Goodwill?etc ?  Goodwill is booming now given people had a whole year to clean out their closets and many have made other career choices.

Who exactly is their base of customer - that they are trying to steal from shopping where ? You gotta admit here - were not talking about a group who needs an extensive closet of choice.

Basic church attire, small color pallet, no pants, and easy to store as their home space is limited, are the highlight of their clothes functions.. 

Who is the head designer/buyer of this bunch ?

Speaking of which - did I see Kelli losing her ski vest signature piece? The ladies seem to love their jean jackets.. 

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, sATL said:

The ladies are getting a bigger traditional brick and mortar, where you have to probably pay decent rent, to hold inventory... Is that a good business model ? There has to be a point of holding inventory isn't a good thing. Did they do any workups to see just how the foot traffic would be?  Then there is staff - as I don't see the 3 manning the store enough to provide coverage, as they have kids. 

I saw the Dollar General in the background... I hope they have better quality. Dig around some dollar generals you can find some interesting pieces - kinda like Big Lots.. I mean when you walk in the door - you not expecting to find the same as if you were at Macy's/Forever 21/Old Navy. How far away is TJMaxx/Marshall/Goodwill?etc ?  Goodwill is booming now given people had a whole year to clean out their closets and many have made other career choices.

Who exactly is their base of customer - that they are trying to steal from shopping where ? You gotta admit here - were not talking about a group who needs an extensive closet of choice.

Basic church attire, small color pallet, no pants, and easy to store as their home space is limited, are the highlight of their clothes functions.. 

Who is the head designer/buyer of this bunch ?

Speaking of which - did I see Kelli losing her ski vest signature piece? The ladies seem to love their jean jackets.. 

I can appreciate that they need more room for inventory, but a store front is probably not the smartest move. I have no access to their numbers, but are they really getting that much local traffic on their site? One out of the three owners was already suffering from COVID related effects and these people are already dreaming up more work. They really are the fundy version of the old school Kardashians. They have "employees," but somehow I doubt they are pulling in enough money to provide a living to the original three, cover renovations, provide for overhead costs of the new location, buy inventory, have near daily photo shoots (even with Taryn), and pay salaries for a few church members to keep the place going. Just the racks, hangers, mirrors, etc. would cost a fortune for a place - even if they bought used. I'm guessing they are just using the store front as a warehouse and shipping/receiving at this point. Carlin and Whitney's social media are usually them at home or going to a photoshoot.

Kelly Jo is such a meddler in her daughters' (and sons in a few cases we have seen). Questioning Travis, getting the little kids to question Travis, etc. was not unexpected but so awkward. I half expected Kelly Jo to start talking about Katie's dowry. 

So happy 20th birthday to Katie - you get to sit with your boyfriend and wrangle your younger siblings while your other younger siblings get to go ziplining. What was Kelly Jo's plan if Katie had said she wanted to zipline? 

While apparently COVID bounced around the family like pinball, did anyone see a single mask worn by the family? Yes, they were outside. But I was practically screaming at the television when they climbed the tower with their hands on the rail that they should have at least shown them with hand sanitizer. I get that Jesus protects, etc. but at least acknowledge it and realize there are impressionable people watching. I doubt anyone will use the Bates as a reason to wear a mask, but people looking for evidence that everything is fine and we shouldn't be protecting ourselves will point to segments like that as back up evidence.     

• Love 8

Of course Katie wasn't going to say she wanted to go ziplining.   She knew mama was all set and had coached the littles to interrogate and pester Travis, and they were going gem mining.   Besides gem mining came with the built in lines about diamonds and rings, etc.

What a horribly obnoxious bunch.

• Love 10

What's with the new space for BSB? They just built the little warehouse/workspace at Zach and Whitney's and now they are planning a move to an unfinished storefront where they will have a monthly rent. Did I miss the part where the landlord says he will pay for sheet rock and labor? Is this another unpaid chore for Chad? They want to have walk in customers at some point but this space is so far from being ready for the public. Has any of them considered how much fixtures will cost to make it presentable.

Oh no. Kelly is putting the pressure on poor Travis about "the next step". That woman is shameless.

Note: I thought I had posted this when I wrote it.  I just wanted to add my agreement to a few others who actually were successful in sharing their thoughts. I still wonder who is paying for finishing that space for a warehouse much less for walk ins. Renos are one thing this is finishing the construction.

• Love 6

This episode was cringe-worthy.  What's weird is these young kids harping on Travis to hurry up and propose. What little kids think along those lines?  Surely they are hearing the adults talking about it and repeating what they hear.

I wonder what Travis meant when he said he had to talk to his parents.  I wonder what THEY think?

The chaperone thing.  A few of them said, yes, it's cool to be a chaperone, you get free food, get to go places ... Does Travis have to pay for the kids who tag along each time?  That could get rather expensive for a 19 year old. Or is UP paying for everything? And what was with Gil wanting to read the card before Katie? Was he afraid there was going to be a sexual message in it?  And I noticed he is always watching them just waiting for them to touch or something, ready to jump in. The fact that they can NEVER BE ALONE with the person they are dating/engaged to seems so unnatural, so unhealthy.

Edited by debbie311
  • Love 12

I really don't see why their moving to a store front. I have hard time believing they are really making that much. Are there that many people where they live wanting to buy their dresses? Who's going to work there? Carlin seems to travel a lot. I have hard time seeing Erin working their all day long. Are they going to hire someone? Store front means rent and utilities every month not to mention paying employees.  

So Kelly's still pressing guys to marry her daughters. How does she not see how embarrassing that is? Or how embarrassing Katie and the little kids act? Why don't guys run from that? Its just the start. They will be even more annoying, embarrassing and obnoxious after you marry into the family.

• Love 10

Tonight's episode was so boring.

The only highlight was Lawson's dog, Duke. I'm wondering if Lawson is officially living on his own? I noticed he told the trainer Duke doesn't see the Bates siblings that much. 

Bobby's mother totally hates Tori. I don't think she spoke to Tori once during Kade's birthday. 

Esther looks exactly like a girl I used to work with that I couldn't stand. I'm curious to see what her deal is next week.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The only highlight was Lawson's dog, Duke. I'm wondering if Lawson is officially living on his own? I noticed he told the trainer Duke doesn't see the Bates siblings that much. 

Bobby's mother totally hates Tori. I don't think she spoke to Tori once during Kade's birthday. 

Esther looks exactly like a girl I used to work with that I couldn't stand. I'm curious to see what her deal is next week.

Seriously, that party was sad and Bobby's mom wasn't happy at all with Tori. I'm sure this isn't the life that Bobby's parents wanted for him...unclogging toilets with kids and a whiney wife. 

Interesting that they celebrated Kelly Jo's birthday (late October) as a group, then were exposed to COVID and couldn't come about a week to two weeks later for Kade's birthday that is in early November. They kind of left things hanging there. Were others infected? I'm guessing COVID ran rampant in the family.  

When was Kelly Jo's surgery? It would have probably been easier to explain her absence with that. "Mom was recovering from surgery so we decided to have a smaller celebration until it was safe to do so."  There was something sort of awkward about the way that came across.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

When Nathan and Gil were unloading the wood, Duke was hanging out on the porch. 

Also it sounds like Nathan was not living there either. Ugh—the boys have so much more freedom than the girls. All because of a penis. 

• Love 5

Since Tori's first priority is herself she doesn't read the room very well. In fact she was so busy worrying about Kade not being awake - for the activities or the more important, the photos, she didn't even notice.

I must have missed something. Lawson talked about training Duke to be some kind of search and rescue, or, police dog. Can anyone enlighten me how this is going to occur? Is Lawson any kind of official LEO?

• Love 1

When Travis pulled up in his truck and they all rushed out I knew this was going to be awkward. He hands Katie the birthday present and one of the younger girls either Addie or Ellie grabbed for the card and Katie had to take it away. I know times have changed but giving Katie a dress for her birthday seemed a little strange. Maybe he felt like her clothes are not to his standards  But I will say it didn't look like BSB and tht's a good thing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

When Travis pulled up in his truck and they all rushed out I knew this was going to be awkward. He hands Katie the birthday present and one of the younger girls either Addie or Ellie grabbed for the card and Katie had to take it away. I know times have changed but giving Katie a dress for her birthday seemed a little strange. Maybe he felt like her clothes are not to his standards  But I will say it didn't look like BSB and tht's a good thing.

It seemed strange to me too. Did you notice Katie shaking the box, which was obviously clothing shaped? Maybe she thought it was a decoy.

Sad that he couldn't give her the present in private, without a gaggle of little kids around.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I wish I could get UPTV!  What was Tori's reaction to how Bobby's mom was treating her? 

If you do any streaming services it's on Frndly TV.  That runs about $5.99 a month for the lowest price package and you can cancel any time and pick it up for the next season.  I got rid of cable last year so pick this up for Bates and a show on another network.  So far it's worked fine.  As a bonus, you can access episodes from other seasons that they have available.  Not all seasons though.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I must have missed something. Lawson talked about training Duke to be some kind of search and rescue, or, police dog. Can anyone enlighten me how this is going to occur? Is Lawson any kind of official LEO?

My guess is Lawson is just spouting off.  That or Tennessee is astoundingly lax.  I haven't seen the show, but puppies are normally tested and then that decides if it's appropriate for them to be trained and in which area.  In my younger days I did initial puppy handling and training for some of our state police dogs.  Now some states have switched to the officer selecting the dog from already screened puppies and going through the training with them pretty much from the beginning.  After the initial training, the young dogs are tested again for advancement to serious work training.  

I won't say it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it where someone went and randomly got a dog and it ended up a police dog.  There are programs and procedures to follow. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, that was boring. I wonder how many Bates ended up with Covid-19. Poor Kade that was a sad birthday. Kolter really loves frosting. The dog was cute. 

I get that children want to celebrate a birthday on their birthday, but the kid is 2. I guess the rush to have a "party" was Bobby's parents being there. However, that seemed lame with the COVID excuse. So the family gathers for Kelly Jo's birthday in late October and all of them get exposed between then and Kade's birthday in early November? Kelly Jo had her surgery in there somewhere so that was understandable, but the others? It seems a bit odd with the timeline that everyone was exposed when they don't all live in the same household. I suppose it is possible with how they don't seem to take any precautions, but that seems kind of convenient. We know Erin was sick for a while. We know Carlin had it earlier that spring/summer. But that just seems weird that nobody else could come to the party? 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Absolom said:

My guess is Lawson is just spouting off.  That or Tennessee is astoundingly lax.  I haven't seen the show, but puppies are normally tested and then that decides if it's appropriate for them to be trained and in which area.  In my younger days I did initial puppy handling and training for some of our state police dogs.  Now some states have switched to the officer selecting the dog from already screened puppies and going through the training with them pretty much from the beginning.  After the initial training, the young dogs are tested again for advancement to serious work training.  

I won't say it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it where someone went and randomly got a dog and it ended up a police dog.  There are programs and procedures to follow. 

Thanks for providing some insight. I know Lawson is a constable, but isn't that a volunteer position? I can't imagine he'd be allowed to use a dog that wasn't trained through the Sheriff's Department to do police work. That seems like a potential nightmare of liability issues if Duke bit someone. 

• Love 3

Constable is an elected position, IIRC. I don't think that he needs a dog to serve papers. Not to mention, dude is never home to actually do this job with any consistency. Who takes care of Duke when he's off gallivanting who knows where?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Maybe Lawson plans to use the dog as an unofficial rescue dog with their MediCorps company. (Is that the right name?I get them mixed up with the legit company which is why I’m sure they chose the name.) I have no idea if that would be allowed but I’m guessing that is what he is thinking.  

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

If you do any streaming services it's on Frndly TV.  That runs about $5.99 a month for the lowest price package and you can cancel any time and pick it up for the next season.  I got rid of cable last year so pick this up for Bates and a show on another network.  So far it's worked fine.  As a bonus, you can access episodes from other seasons that they have available.  Not all seasons though.  

I'm in Canada, and from what I checked out I don't think that's available either. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I get that children want to celebrate a birthday on their birthday, but the kid is 2. I guess the rush to have a "party" was Bobby's parents being there. However, that seemed lame with the COVID excuse. So the family gathers for Kelly Jo's birthday in late October and all of them get exposed between then and Kade's birthday in early November? Kelly Jo had her surgery in there somewhere so that was understandable, but the others? It seems a bit odd with the timeline that everyone was exposed when they don't all live in the same household. I suppose it is possible with how they don't seem to take any precautions, but that seems kind of convenient. We know Erin was sick for a while. We know Carlin had it earlier that spring/summer. But that just seems weird that nobody else could come to the party? 

maybe Bobby's family (or UPTv) put their foot down as to whom needed to be on the guest list... for their own health and sanity. And maybe just wanted the grands to themselves..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The sham organization is MedicCorps. 😊

Is their base customer base only someone who lives out of the US? No offence to the very sick little girl they helped, but it did cross my mind how many sick/hungry/out-of-work people who could have used a ride , someone to research and/or arrange care, or a delivery of supplies, to medical, or food facilities in the US last year.

I heard about a story with 3 medical professionals in Alaska who were stuck on  a snowy highway, starting giving shots to other stranded motorists on the highway... where were the Bates Helicopter Boys then ? What about people in rural and in the Navajo communities in AZ (many who don't have running water) who needed a lift to a medical facility ? They sent semi truck across the US to Idaho to distribute the potato crop, and gave the food to those in need. Granted spuds might be too heavy for a chopper - but surely they could have flown out some veggie..

Then if Lawson couldn't do that -  many of the singing artists (of all skill ability)  arranged for concerts to uplift the hospital staff. Gave concerts in parks, youtube, in front of senior facilities, wrote songs/albums to raise $$ for food.... did he at least clap/shake a tambourine/beat a drum outside of an hospital at 7pm ?

Wasn't all this filmed right after the hurricanes in TX/LA, last summer?

If they did help someone here in the US, then I apologize for my rant.. It's just that there was so much hurt here last spring/summer , in many different categories, if you had the means to help... then help.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, sATL said:

maybe Bobby's family (or UPTv) put their foot down as to whom needed to be on the guest list... for their own health and sanity. And maybe just wanted the grands to themselves..

That's my first thought too. It was just weirdly worded and presented. I'm not sure as a writer and indy producer that I would have done it on screen that way. Even saying Bobby's parents were close so we celebrated with them and later with my family would have been an easier way to say it. It could have even been a moment to show some compassion and say that they know people have gone through a lot over the past year with losing loved ones, sickness, missing out on milestones, missing family/friends, losing businesses, getting laid off, etc. and this is minor in the scheme of things. While I don't expect the Bates to know how to answer questions in a good way, the producers should know that her wording was going to create more questions that aren't really positive.  

• Love 2
On 4/24/2021 at 10:55 AM, sATL said:

Is their base customer base only someone who lives out of the US? No offence to the very sick little girl they helped, but it did cross my mind how many sick/hungry/out-of-work people who could have used a ride , someone to research and/or arrange care, or a delivery of supplies, to medical, or food facilities in the US last year.

I heard about a story with 3 medical professionals in Alaska who were stuck on  a snowy highway, starting giving shots to other stranded motorists on the highway... where were the Bates Helicopter Boys then ? What about people in rural and in the Navajo communities in AZ (many who don't have running water) who needed a lift to a medical facility ? They sent semi truck across the US to Idaho to distribute the potato crop, and gave the food to those in need. Granted spuds might be too heavy for a chopper - but surely they could have flown out some veggie..

Then if Lawson couldn't do that -  many of the singing artists (of all skill ability)  arranged for concerts to uplift the hospital staff. Gave concerts in parks, youtube, in front of senior facilities, wrote songs/albums to raise $$ for food.... did he at least clap/shake a tambourine/beat a drum outside of an hospital at 7pm ?

Wasn't all this filmed right after the hurricanes in TX/LA, last summer?

If they did help someone here in the US, then I apologize for my rant.. It's just that there was so much hurt here last spring/summer , in many different categories, if you had the means to help... then help.

Here in the U.S. it's pretty likely they're liable to run into pesky rules and regulations, and be unable to just fly away to avoid official inquiries or legal entanglements that may arise.   

• Love 2

I don't think Mediccorps has traveled anywhere since they got their non profit status and the donations.

Lawson and Nathan have their courtships. Jackson has the broken arm. Of the Duggars - no indication they have done anything other than spend the donations on basic first aid training and a few other fun trainings they will never use for mediccorps. diving and skydiving etc.

Austin certainly hasn't been on any trips besides hunting and Duggar live in Elijah flits around visiting one fundy family or another and recently took a 2 wk "Photography Trip" in a pandemic with one of the Peters boys. Evan Peters, I think.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This family is just sad.

19 year old Jackson — everyone has heard the song I’ll be Home for Christmas but not many people understand the meaning behind it because they haven’t been away. Yes Jackson most guys your age have been away and don’t live with mommy and daddy — it’s called going off to college or living wherever your military post may be. Going off to Alert camp for all of 8 wks doesn’t suddenly make you a man with SUCH a hard life compared to your peers. 🙄

Interesting how in this family even the guys are losers until they can fit someone who wants them to hit it (post marriage of course). I mean they all basically treated Nathan like a loser. Z at one time went on about how “unique” he is with a total negative connotation and how who knows if he’ll ever settle down — ie what girl would want him. Now he rolls in with a girl and Z&W are racing to meet her, Carlin — who otherwise basically ignores Nathan — is throwing a bonfire to have them over and cozying up to her, and Erin/Carlin/Josie/Alyssa are all cooing over how they met.

Interesting how the guys run their own relationships. None of the courting garbage. He asked her to be his gf; he has been talking to her for a YEAR. Kelly practically drags her 19 yr old sons in law down the aisle after a year but the guys can leisurely date a girl for years.

This family lives like there is no Covid. Wish they’d just be honest — most/all of us had it and we think a pandemic is NBD so we’re going to carry on. Nope instead Kelly has to mention having a safe Christmas party. Yup it’s super safe to have all your sons in law over who work inside other people’s homes; to have people fly in from NJ and Fla; to add additional people to the party like Kelton’s dad and Whit’s parents; to hang out indoors; to eat communal buffet food; to sing and project all your respiratory particles; and to do it all without a mask in sight.

• Love 10

But it is just Nathan they treat weird.  Lawson's still a golden child.  I think they are worried he might be gay and are more cofortable seeing him with a woman as opposed to Lawson.

• Love 3