Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Green Glow

• Start Topic

I wish they would have included Sahar in the scenes where Max breaks into the school and the clocktower to search for the green glow. I think she deserves definitive proof that Harry is an Alien.

HarryZombie is stronger then HarryAlien is stronger than HarryHuman.

Octopussies have been waiting a long time to get the hell off of this Earth.

They drove a little Cletus shaped wedge between the Sheriff and the Deputy.

It will cook your monkey ass.

Excuse me, Excuse me, I am sorry to interrupt this little trip down who gives a shit lane.

This episode was hilarious! So many good laugh lines in this one.

I have a feeling the new doctor might also be an alien. He's never had a scene with Max and his behavior around others is slightly off.

Harry getting stoned was hilarious.

Also loved the octopus alien. I'm going to take it as a Star Trek IV tribute.

They forgot to CGI the mountains in when Asta and Darcy are talking to Max on the street. Looking across the water from there in real life you can see mountains but they aren't that epic looking. You can also see a gas station at the bottom of the hill (Gatacre St) and it is clearly a Petro Canada.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

You go Deputy!!! Fight the fight!! Cletus did NOT deserve that hamburger. 

Cletus is the dog, right? Hamburgers are not good for dogs.

I have to admit this show is growing on me, but that's largely due to Alan Tudyk's brilliant and hilarious performance. The story is moving along nicely as well. The stolen prescription pad subplot still feels unnecessary though. I'm hoping it will tie into the main story eventually, and sooner rather than later.

• Love 4

I am so over Harry's wife. I'd wish she was gone, never to come back, but she'll probably rat his weird behavior out to General Linda Hamilton or the two agents in some way. 

And about time the Deputy stood up to the sheriff. I spend most of her scenes cringing in agonized embarrassment for her. I was also glad Max was back this week. The show is really the best when he and Harry interact. They're a good team. The young actor is learning comedy from the best!

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kirinan said:

I am so over Harry's wife. I'd wish she was gone, never to come back, but she'll probably rat his weird behavior out to General Linda Hamilton or the two agents in some way. 

And about time the Deputy stood up to the sheriff. I spend most of her scenes cringing in agonized embarrassment for her. I was also glad Max was back this week. The show is really the best when he and Harry interact. They're a good team. The young actor is learning comedy from the best!

I hope she's gone for good.... It was funny for awhile, but the storyline of his wife wore out it's welcome.

• Love 5

This episode was hilarious! So many good laugh lines in this one.

That's what makes this show so amazing.  On another show, some of the tonal shifts (like Harry's erratic behavior toward Max, or that final scene) might be jarring, but here, it's awesome.  And it's very "life is like that", sometimes you have a good time, and sometimes everything changes, for better or for worse.

That Harry would go out on a thawing glacier is very Harry, for some reason.

Also, psycho-Scully's thought about how Harry was just a squabbling husband, but "shoot him anyway" was delightfully dark.

• Love 5

Everything about Harry's dream was awesome. I liked that within his dream he was insulted about his sexual performance which shows an insecurity in the area, and he didn't even defend himself, which makes sense since for a human that would be a huge deal but for him that act is not as natural / more strange.

• Love 2

"I would grow a mustache but then I would have to become a firefighter. Or a pedophile." 

I am thrilled we got a team up between Harry and Max, they make a really great team. The kid playing Max is hilarious, especially when paired with Alan Tudyk. I am also really glad that the deputy finally stood up to the sheriff, good for her she deserves her kudos. 

This show is so weird but I have come to really enjoy its offbeat vibes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

"I would grow a mustache but then I would have to become a firefighter. Or a pedophile."

And then the brick joke when they're breaking into the school, courtesy of Max: "Take it off, Mr. Wagner went to prison for looking like that."

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I feel like the primo asshole sheriff and bloodthirsty agent deserve each other - they'd collapse into a black hole of self-centered callousness. 

Harry's dream was fantastic! Harry getting high with the ladies was hilarious. Harry and Max are awesome.  Basically, anything Harry is terrific. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Grammaeryn said:

The octopus was voiced by Nathan Fillion. Woohoo Firefly reuinion!

I hadn't deleted the episode from my DVR yet, so I went back and listened. I can't believe my husband and I didn't pick up on that! I'm not as good at recognizing voices, but my husband can usually recognize anyone's voice in just a couple of words. We agreed we're blaming it on old age, LOL.

It's a minor miracle that the kids are great and we miss them when they're not around, because most shows like this only shoehorn in a kid for moppet-cuteness or other annoying tropes. I feel the show should get an award just for showing you can have kids on an otherwise adult show and they won't be annoying and a waste of space.

• Love 12
On 3/14/2021 at 9:41 PM, possibilities said:

It's a minor miracle that the kids are great and we miss them when they're not around, because most shows like this only shoehorn in a kid for moppet-cuteness or other annoying tropes. I feel the show should get an award just for showing you can have kids on an otherwise adult show and they won't be annoying and a waste of space.

THIS.  Usually, the precocious kid who is smarter than all the adults in the room is one of my least favorite plot lines on any show.  But damn, Max has managed to melt my cold heart.  He's really charming and plays well off of Harry, Asta, his parents...everyone, realyl.  And I'm glad he has an ally in Sahar.   Both of the kids are great on this show.

• Love 3