Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Ogden Greeley

paigow
  • Start Topic

AIRING FEB 26, 2021

The task force investigates the apparent disappearance of a defense contractor; Cooper receives an unexpected offer and Red makes a connection.

Edited by paigow

An actual good episode. No Liz family bs, Red being Red, and a case the task force doesn't screw up. With an interesting discussion of extralegal killing.

Can they end the Red/Liz drama this season and next make it a procedural, with lots of monologs by Red.

• Love 8

No Liz again. 4 in a row. February ended on a right note!

I really thought Liz was going to be revealed as the buyer or connected to the story in some way.

Anne's back! All that time in the park and restaurant, I was waiting for her to pull a gun on Red or set up him to be kidnapped or "Fox Sparrow" to be secret code. Whatever Anne has on her bucket list, she better get them all done quick. If she's going to hang with Red, she will be dead soon. 

Red tells Anne he is #1 on the FBI Most Wanted, she surmises his work is mysterious and not fazed when Dembe walked in. Good for her she wasn't suspicious..... no eyebrows raised??!! She really is from Kansas! She couldn't even get a lie over on Red. 

"Long exemplary run at the bureau"? Is the governor sure he has the right Harold Cooper??? Even Cooper was confused!

Did Red forget or didn't know Cooper already had his "trouble in Paradis"? His wife cheated on him with the neighbor a few seasons ago..

Red tells Cooper he is worthy/up standing but Red has and will continue to double-cross him at a moment's notice. 

There will be a future episode where Cooper is going to regret not dropping a bomb on Red.

Red is really slipping. He opens with $200 million and Cooper got the price down to $155 million. Curious how he will explain this to his superiors.

I'm sure Red has a copy of the intel.

When Aram told Park she was being melodramatic, I was nervous for his health and safety.

Park and Ressler arrive in London in 7 minutes and immediately knew their way around without any police to assist.

Nina is a terrible Russian spy. She was in disguise, changes and Park/Ressler still caught her. Then she crumbled/blabs information the moment Ressler told her the CIA will be there in 10 minutes and she believed he can help her. A very rare win/accomplishment for Ressler. Cherish it my friend.

Mrs. Greely should contact Skyler White. They can commiserate on their duplicitous husbands.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Did Red bump Liz back down the list?  She was #1 a few weeks ago. 

I want whatever these folks are taking to prevent jet lag.

I was expecting Anne to make a phone call immediately after Red's cancellation and we would hear a one-sided conversation.  "He's not here.  What are your instructions?"

• Love 4
6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

If a guy I met told me he was number one on the FBI's most wanted list, I would probably think he was joking too. But then I think I'd probably Google the FBI's most wanted list....just to make sure.

Swipe left if he is lying...

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Boo. Lizzie returns next week.

I don't know -- maybe it's just my hopefulness, but I'm pretty sure they didn't show her face in any of the clips (and they worked hard to make that be so).

As for the ep, as much as we're all conditioned to think Anne is a bad guy (and she probably is, the writers aren't as clever as they think they are), I really enjoyed the rom-com day she had with Red and was sad that he "saved" her in the end by not meeting up with her. Spader bringing both joy and melancholy was well done.

• Love 9

Yay !!! Another Lizzie-free episode.  Though Cooper still continues to refer to her as Agent Keen.  WTF ?

Another Blacklister goes free once again by the end of the episode.

Ressler and Park got to London in record time, but Reddington got to Mongolia even faster -- haven't seen travel shenanigans like this since Reddington made those multiple trips to Australia sin a single episode a few seasons ago.   

Still no sign or mention of the Agnes, the dogs or Robert Vesco's cat.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I need a full episode, or several eps in a row, of Red on dates with Anne. Forget Lizzie (I already have) and Cooper and the rest of those doofs. The Red date was the best this series has put on since, well, season 1.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign or mention of the Agnes, the dogs or Reobert Vesco's cat.

By the end of the final season, the revelation will be it was Wicked Agnes "All along" controlling Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And she will tell us what she did with Vesco's cat and the dogs too................

Agnes2.png

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, tljgator said:

I don't know -- maybe it's just my hopefulness, but I'm pretty sure they didn't show her face in any of the clips (and they worked hard to make that be so).

As for the ep, as much as we're all conditioned to think Anne is a bad guy (and she probably is, the writers aren't as clever as they think they are), I really enjoyed the rom-com day she had with Red and was sad that he "saved" her in the end by not meeting up with her. Spader bringing both joy and melancholy was well done.

I noticed at the beginning of the show they flashed a fuzzy photo of Megan Boone...it was so brief that if you blinked you would have missed it and even if you saw it you could barely make it out it was so cloudy. It makes you wonder if there is a salary dispute going on with her or something else behind the scenes. Irregardless, they don't need her anymore. Spader and company carry the show and her character is unnecessary to the storylines. This week's show fell back to the great plots they had before they started focusing on the Liz vs Red and the Liz and her mom stuff. More Red and his band of off the grid enemies please!

• Love 5

Any time I see John Shea in the credits I know he's probably going to be a not so good guy.

I once again flipped back and forth enough to know what was going on with the main plot but missed out on Red's romance.  I do hope Anne isn't a double agent.

Megan Boone is pregnant.  Not sure how much of the season she will miss but I also don't miss her.

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

By the end of the final season, the revelation will be it was Wicked Agnes "All a long" controlling Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And she will tell us what she did with Vesco's cat and the dogs too................

Agnes2.png

Hopefully she didn't feed the dogs or Robert Vesco's cat to Senior Scratchy.  :)

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Megan Boone is pregnant.  Not sure how much of the season she will miss but I also don't miss her.

Oh, is she really? Maybe this stupid storyline is just to cover her maternity leave then.  But not sure how they can bring her back if she isn't leaving for good.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but... I kind of miss Liz. I have actually fallen asleep during the last few episodes and couldn't really tell you what happened in them.

I think being able to dislike someone and having someone to yell at during the show helps keep my interest going. 😦

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Oh, is she really? Maybe this stupid storyline is just to cover her maternity leave then.  But not sure how they can bring her back if she isn't leaving for good.

I looked up her Wikipedia and Instagram and can’t find any references to a current pregnancy, so I’m wondering if she’s pregnant.  

I hope they write her out of the storyline. 

• Love 3

If Lizzie is indeed written out of this show, then I'm in for 10 more seasons of Spader as Red doing what he does best ... acting up a storm and making a show great. Lizzie comes back, and eh, even one more season is too much for me.

• Love 5
On 2/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Wow, Dembe is such a buzzkill. I feel bad for Red's date.

Most likely she is corrupt like they all are.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:00 PM, milkyaqua said:

I didn't see this anywhere on the internet. Where did you see that?

Cooper "None of us are the same people  as we were when this began." Red "I'm not the same either. I'm better"

• Love 1
On 2/27/2021 at 10:56 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but... I kind of miss Liz. I have actually fallen asleep during the last few episodes and couldn't really tell you what happened in them.

I think being able to dislike someone and having someone to yell at during the show helps keep my interest going. 😦

Wow..hate watching can reduce caffeine intake???

• LOL 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, saber5055 said:

If Lizzie is indeed written out of this show, then I'm in for 10 more seasons of Spader as Red doing what he does best ... acting up a storm and making a show great. Lizzie comes back, and eh, even one more season is too much for me.

I agree but wanted to add with no Lizzie, the snark factor drops precipitously. Oh, to wonder, what then would I look forward to on Saturday morning in these days of isolation??

Edited by FrankOFoley
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

I didn't see this anywhere on the internet. Where did you see that?

My mistake about the pregancy.  Quoting from another poster on a another blog.  Sorry about that.

But if the reason to not have her on is to build up some sort of suspense, TPTB obviously aren't reading the different forums to see how her absence is really going over.  Sure, some miss her and the back and forth with Reddington but a lot more would just as soon see her either written out completely or for the show to somehow go back to what interested us from the beginning which was not the whole "Liz is mad at Red...again and wants to take him out."  Yawn.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FrankOFoley said:

I agree but wanted to add with no Lizzie, the snark factor drops precipitously. Oh, to wonder, what then would I look forward to on Saturday morning in these days of isolation??

Oh, good point that I did not consider. This thread is so snark-tastic, but if the show actually got good again, there goes the witty posts. It's some sort of trade off.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Think of the ratings boost if they could somehow prove that hate watching boosts immunity to Covid.

Ressler has to save Fauci from a Blacklister.... Too bad for Fauci....

• LOL 1
20 hours ago, paigow said:

Ressler has to save Fauci from a Blacklister.... Too bad for Fauci....

Aww, I wouldn't subject Fauci to Ressler...  Fauci could probably get himself out of the jam with this show's blacklisters.