Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Hearts Before Parts

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I enjoy this show, however, I think Bobby Moynihan should get paid double. He really sells it. 

I agree. He is so earnest and consistently delivers. 

Mikaela and Orly are the weak links.

Sage and Latisse are boys’ names.

Neil is Short Neil. 

He loves you. Don’t take out your resentment for his mother on him. Pick a schedule and stick to it.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I enjoy this show however I think Bobby Moynihan should get paid double. He really sells it. 

100%. At first I thought he was too hammy but his role has really grown.  My husband and I are currently rewatching 30 Rock as well.  Tina Fey and her husband are so good at writing characters.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LBS said:

Tina Fey and her husband are so good at writing characters.

Jeff Richmond is Fey's husband, and he does the music. Robert Carlock is her writing partner.

I still don't like Jayden, though this episode he wasn't quite such a dope. It's always nice to see Missy Pyle.

The show is slowly coming together.

• Love 3

It seems like the cast is really starting to gel.  This was the funniest episode yet, and there was a comfort factor among the actors.  The Trivia Night host ended up being very endearing as well.   

Hey, Orly wasn't an irritating pest this time!  In fact, she helped move the "A" plot along nicely.

• Love 10

That was a really fun episode, I enjoyed both plots and I feel like the show is really starting to find its footing. The cast is starting to gel, they seem to be getting the characters voices down, and they are doing a better job using the office as a place for work place comedy. 

The whole staff realizing that they all read the same part of the budget because they all assumed they had seniority was a hilarious way to wrap that story up, and I loved the trivia night in general, complete with the host who is clearly going through some stuff. 

"I have major Capricorn energy plus my dad had a secret family so." 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

"Hearts before parts" for the win. I'll keep that in my parenting repertoire .

This is definitely something I would/will say to my kids. 

This episode gave me hope for the show. Everyone was significantly less ridiculous and Orly was actually entertaining. Loved her messing around with Neil and his "friend" and he knew it and couldn't do anything until the woman left. I am partial to the actress because I just loved Speechless, so I'm glad she is (deservedly) getting less hate this week. 

• Love 11

Missy Pyle! This was the first time I actually got a kick out of Orly because of the way she was messing with her dad about his "special friend." Although to be honest at first I thought Nicole was supposed to be a hooker.

I didn't enjoy the trivia game story as much but I really like Kurt Braunohler (the emcee of the game). He's a good stand-up and I always  enjoyed seeing him on @midnight. Miss that show.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Hey, Orly wasn't an irritating pest this time!

I would say that she was endearingly irritating. I enjoyed Neil's growing awareness of the fact that Orly was playing them. I was surprised that Neil didn't tell Nicole why she was coming over. They could have played Gin Rummy or something equally boring (no offense players).

I guess I just answered my own question.

• Love 3

Agree with you all, this was a lot of fun.  I've loved Missi Pyle since Galaxy Quest so I'm always happy to see her, and she was a great guest.

Neil and Orly trying to out maneuver each other was a lot of fun.  That macaroni sign was a touch of needling genius.  And then it actually went to a nice conclusion with the idea that Neil could think about having a real relationship that is hopefully not based off Postmates.

I am the crazy trivia person so that whole B plot was a lot of fun to me too.  Bobby Moynihan did a great slow reveal with the 40th birthday bit, and made me look up dessert wings to see if that was an actual thing (not as far as I can tell).  The trivia host was also a great guest star. 

I loved the commitment to the bassoon.  Also, Arpi's white gloves for handling the sacred budget.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

It seems like the cast is really starting to gel.  This was the funniest episode yet, and there was a comfort factor among the actors.  The Trivia Night host ended up being very endearing as well.   

Hey, Orly wasn't an irritating pest this time!  In fact, she helped move the "A" plot along nicely.

The actress that plays Orly was so good on Speechless. I was glad to see her shine in this episode.

• Love 4

The trivia totally reminded me of the time my brother won a game of Trivial Pursuit almost entirely based on things he knew from watching The Simpsons (not questions about the Simpsons, just random stuff that had come up on Simpsons episodes).

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Loved Ted Danson in this one. I love his facial expressions and the way he delivers his little throw away lines 🙂

I enjoyed this episode and the Trivial Pursuit with the host of the game giving away his sons stuff, lol.

Found it funny when they realized they all worked on the same part of the budget. Then when finished they were so proud to deliver it on time only to have to go through it again looking for spelling errors.

Still don't like some characters but the show is starting to find it's footing.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, appositival said:

I would say that she was endearingly irritating. I enjoyed Neil's growing awareness of the fact that Orly was playing them. I was surprised that Neil didn't tell Nicole why she was coming over. They could have played Gin Rummy or something equally boring (no offense players).

I guess I just answered my own question.

I also thought he should have warned her. They could have trolled Orly back in some way. It didn't have to be boring. 

I thought Orly was incredibly obnoxious in this episode. It's one thing for her to troll her father, but she was making a perfectly nice woman (Missi Pyle's character) horribly uncomfortable, and taking way too much pleasure in it.