Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I think Naughty Kaylissa should be invited back to teach showmanship. She was so fun to watch! (Not as much fun now with all her nudie pics on insta). I know the chances of that are next to zero because of how things ended.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

I think Naughty Kaylissa should be invited back to teach showmanship. She was so fun to watch! (Not as much fun now with all her nudie pics on insta). I know the chances of that are next to zero because of how things ended.

IDK, that's pretty fun for me.

Sorry, I'll show myself out now.

• LOL 11
On 6/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, sleepyjean said:

Nadia Marcella Lombardo was her name. She auditioned in 2012. Her mother Natasha McCarley was a DCC in 1985. She overlapped with Kelli, whose rookie year was 1984.

410284259_2012DCCAuditions_NadiasmomwasaDCC.jpg.eea318f5fa01ecdd4a12c913ff290409.jpg

Cami Branson was another potential legacy. She auditioned in 2015. Her mom Candy Causey was a DCC in 1983, which was also Judy's last year on the team.

Neither one of them (Natasha or Cami) made it to finals.

ETA: for the sake of completeness, Madeline Salter's mother was Shannon Hall. She was on the team 1987, 88, and 89. She overlapped with Kelli, whose last year on the team was 1988, and with Tina Kalina's whose last year on the team was 1989.

39511188_AmyCami.jpg.d6885c0dea5498003291d9cf59ffb2e5.jpg

Yeh... Natasha is the one who made the comment "yeh I know you like me" ... after she messed up I think 🧐She also made the "sorry Mom... guess I wasn't as good as you" or something like that. She gave a weird vibe. 

• Love 7

I'm as shocked as anyone that Victoria is taking a year off ... I pictured her as a 6-7 yr member.  That being said, I just have a feeling she won't return. There's not a thing that she's posted that has led me to this... just a vibe.  🧐

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I'm as shocked as anyone that Victoria is taking a year off ... I pictured her as a 6-7 yr member.  That being said, I just have a feeling she won't return. There's not a thing that she's posted that has led me to this... just a vibe.  🧐

I agree.  I do not think her break is this big dramatic thing like a pregnancy or anything like that.  I think she gained so much weight that there was no way possible to get in the uniform and Keli told her privately to take the year off rather than embarrass her. I do think Keli cares about her.  I think after she takes the year off she will realize after this year off that either she doesn't want it as much as she did at 18 OR she will realize that she just cant make her body fit the DCC Standard.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

I agree.  I do not think her break is this big dramatic thing like a pregnancy or anything like that.  I think she gained so much weight that there was no way possible to get in the uniform and Keli told her privately to take the year off rather than embarrass her. I do think Keli cares about her.  I think after she takes the year off she will realize after this year off that either she doesn't want it as much as she did at 18 OR she will realize that she just cant make her body fit the DCC Standard.  

I think that is definitely the reason. I guess it would be considered "selfless" since she's not taking a spot away from another TC who is actually uniform ready. Kelli will take care of Victoria. At least Victoria will not have to worry about that much. I keep wondering if the other vets would have that option of a leave if they weren't uniform ready or just get cut.  My guess is not.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

They have a large group of rookie TC members... most are uniform ready and this is not a year to be "soft". 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

I agree with this, as it was my initial thought as well, but remember it was mentioned that it had something to do with an apology. Why would she need to apologize for gaining weight? What could she have done that would need an apology? Maybe she snapped at Kelli for addressing her weight gain and keeping her out of appearances? IDK, just brainstorming. I wish her the best, just hope it's not something major.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I agree with this, as it was my initial thought as well, but remember it was mentioned that it had something to do with an apology. Why would she need to apologize for gaining weight? What could she have done that would need an apology? Maybe she snapped at Kelli for addressing her weight gain and keeping her out of appearances? IDK, just brainstorming. I wish her the best, just hope it's not something major.

And she hasn't looked soft in any of her pictures lately.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Jezlyn said:

And she hasn't looked soft in any of her pictures lately.

In mid-April she performed with show group looking heavier in the middle which is her only problem area (by DCC standards only!!!!).  Two weeks later she was not in the second show group performance. It's possible she was told to tone up and things spiraled from there. She tends to not eat carbs and do more strict measures to get ready for training camp. Maybe she decided it wasn't worth it this time (I tend to agree with her) and chose to focus on a heathy mind and body instead.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Going off a comment Amber has made about it being senior year on her TC post today I suspect this may be her last year.

Edited by Jezlyn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

It'll be interesting to see if the returning rookies from last year have enough showmanship, power and projection so the field doesn't swallow them up. Also to see how they do on the entrance and kick line, it will be very telling...

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, TB12 said:

It'll be interesting to see if the returning rookies from last year have enough showmanship, power and projection so the field doesn't swallow them up. Also to see how they do on the entrance and kick line, it will be very telling...

I agree, this will be a completely different experience for them. They obviously have some knowledge and experience but they are nothing like previous rookies reauditioning as vets. In some ways they are on the same playing field as the rookies coming in for the first time. It will be interesting to see how they do on the field. I think some of the returning rookies will get cut for this reason (perhaps Alora and Jada?).

• Love 12
On 6/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, Katmcc said:

I have a weird feeling that Melissa Rycroft isn’t doing MTT this year. She said something on her podcast this week about going to the CMT awards because she previously had been on a CMT show, “DCC.” It sounded very past tense to me. 

My hunch is she didn't agree with the editing -  they would edit her audio clips to change her votes to "no" or "maybe." This was obvious with the Hannah cut last year, especially the show group audition. And I have detected some fishy editing of Melissa in re-watches of older seasons as well, particularly with cuts. They would use a clip of Melissa to build their case for a cut to further sell whatever story they created. But then Melissa kept coming back despite this, so I always figured she had a binding contract, and bills that needed to be paid.

She has reached the point where she has served past her usefulness. TPTB have seemed to want to bring in all the big name choreographers now, as well as country music stars. Melissa has been featured so much, and isn't really a celebrity, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they chose to mutually part ways.

That being said, I am neutral on her. I kind of expect to see her back at some point since she is always seems to be around.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

My hunch is she didn't agree with the editing -  they would edit her audio clips to change her votes to "no" or "maybe." This was obvious with the Hannah cut last year, especially the show group audition. And I have detected some fishy editing of Melissa in re-watches of older seasons as well, particularly with cuts. They would use a clip of Melissa to build their case for a cut to further sell whatever story they created. 

No, Melissa stated on her podcast that she was not a fan of Hannah's dancing last year and said she felt that Hannah looked bored, mad, and disinterested during training camp.  She definitely was not voting for Hannah to get a spot on show group last year.  She also said that Hannah had blocked her on Instagram.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kitty Sharter said:

No, Melissa stated on her podcast that she was not a fan of Hannah's dancing last year and said she felt that Hannah looked bored, mad, and disinterested during training camp.  She definitely was not voting for Hannah to get a spot on show group last year.  She also said that Hannah had blocked her on Instagram.

I haven't listened to any podcasts and only rarely check social media of the DCC circle, but I still think Melissa's audio clips were edited quite a bit in season 15, and have been in past seasons as well.
Maybe Melissa doesn't mind the editing. Maybe she is happy to secure her paycheck by being a sound bite for TPTB's agenda.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Kitty Sharter said:

On the podcast she and Scott both said Hanna's solo was dynamic and phenomenal though. They both voted for showgroup based on that but then changed their mind later after the practice sessions and media interview day. But because that was all out of order on the show, they had to change Melissa's "yes" to a "no" after the fact - hence the voice over. In reality - show group auditions happened very early in camp. (remember the vets were only evaluated for a few days tops).

(and yes, in addition to voice overs she was making comments in different outfits which matched to a different days too. a ton of obvious editing errors)

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

On the podcast she and Scott both said Hanna's solo was dynamic and phenomenal though. They both voted for showgroup based on that but then changed their mind later after the practice sessions and media interview day. But because that was all out of order on the show, they had to change Melissa's "yes" to a "no" after the fact - hence the voice over. In reality - show group auditions happened very early in camp. (remember the vets were only evaluated for a few days tops).

(and yes, in addition to voice overs she was making comments in different outfits which matched to a different days too. a ton of obvious editing errors)

For some reason, Melissa's role on MTT has always struck me as the back-up prom date (the person who gets called when the dream date cancels). If Kelli doesn't get enough footage from the guests she wants featured on the show, she fills-in the gaps with Melissa.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I have a weird feeling that Melissa Rycroft isn’t doing MTT this year. She said something on her podcast this week about going to the CMT awards because she previously had been on a CMT show, “DCC.” It sounded very past tense to me. 

Melissa was talking about the reality show that she and her husband briefly had on CMT, not the DCC MTT show.

She also did the “Melissa & Tyrone” reality show on CMT.

• Useful 1
On 5/13/2021 at 5:14 PM, DCCOracle said:

You mean this one?

giphy.gif

Or this one?

GjLVhCs.gif

I never noticed before that after VK fell, Judy started to look at Kelli in a horrified way, but then smiled when she realized Kelli was laughing. You can actually see Judy mentally change gears from "what a sloppy mistake. Kelli must have seen that." to "whoops Kelli thinks its endearing! Smile quickly!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Donna S said:

She also did the “Melissa & Tyrone” reality show on CMT.

I always figured they created the "showmanship mentor" position for her at the request or direction of CMT because she'd had that show and also hosted or co-hosted some other reality contest type of show on CMT in addition to being known from the Bachelor franchise and DWTS. I don't know she's ever been any great shakes in the dance community, but I'd bet that she's more well known to the average CMT viewer than anyone else connected with the DCC.  It seems to make sense from a cross-selling perspective for the network to try to bring in other viewers to this show if she's a known quantity to their regular viewers.  I doubt they're worried about catering to the type of fans who are on this board because we're watching regardless and most of us probably aren't the target market for their advertisers. I know it's the only show I've ever watched on CMT. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I always figured they created the "showmanship mentor" position for her at the request or direction of CMT because she'd had that show and also hosted or co-hosted some other reality contest type of show on CMT in addition to being known from the Bachelor franchise and DWTS. I don't know she's ever been any great shakes in the dance community, but I'd bet that she's more well known to the average CMT viewer than anyone else connected with the DCC.  It seems to make sense from a cross-selling perspective for the network to try to bring in other viewers to this show if she's a known quantity to their regular viewers.  I doubt they're worried about catering to the type of fans who are on this board because we're watching regardless and most of us probably aren't the target market for their advertisers. I know it's the only show I've ever watched on CMT. 

Melissa is still a popular guest on reality show roundups and podcasts because of the Bachelor and DWTS.  So while she is there, she can also discuss MTT.  K&J can only discuss the one show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Going off a comment Amber has made about it being senior year on her TC post today I suspect this may be her last year.

I think she just finished law school so I assume next year she will finish up with DCC and move into her new career 

• Love 3
On 6/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, Bellisima08 said:

Right there with you. Even Kelli and Judy said a few seasons ago that they were a little over the arm over the head. I don't know, if it were me, I'd be practicing different poses in my mirror for months and looking for new inspiration.

I wish they’d bring back that ottoman that they posed on (maybe season 1 or 2).  Just to mix it up a little. 

On 6/11/2021 at 11:27 PM, Holly85 said:

They will be filming for the show 

Yay!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2021 at 1:51 AM, TK4ever said:

Both the movie and TV show are book adaptations. “Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream” is a 1990 nonfiction book written by H. G. “Buzz” Bissinger. It follows the story of the 1988 Permian High School Panthers football team from Odessa as they made a run towards the Texas state championship. It was later adapted for television and film.

Yes, My family is all too aware of this book and the history behind it ~ we loved everything about it, esp. as it personally hit so close to home.  I shared my original post one morning at work and was rushing through it; perhaps that I mentioned that "FNL" was derived from "a term", was not discounting the glory and credit from the book. 

59 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Solos are being judged this morning 

83A68F1C-7CAB-47C5-AF31-C6EB6DB58D37.jpeg

4495764B-B184-49BC-BBBD-6D079D540E35.jpeg

Already? I'm so confused with this training camp. Didn't they just have first meeting yesterday?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DCC-UK said:

Already? I'm so confused with this training camp. Didn't they just have first meeting yesterday?

They did just have first meeting !! I guess they are being judge on solos and not having it apart of show group 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, rocketts said:

Does anyone know why Chandi's name is changed from Dayle to McCright on the DCC wikipedia, her insta still says Dayle, im just curious

Anyone can change it so someone is probably being funny and messing with it 

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

The girls indicated they made it into "training camp" but it seems to me like they just lumped finals into that process. So with solos today and maybe even interviews - I think they could be significantly cutting the field this first week.

• Useful 7
  • Love 11