Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The girls indicated they made it into "training camp" but it seems to me like they just lumped finals into that process. So with solos today and maybe even interviews - I think they could be significantly cutting the field this first week.

Your on to something thank you 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, rocketts said:

Does anyone know why Chandi's name is changed from Dayle to McCright on the DCC wikipedia, her insta still says Dayle, im just curious

It seems her full name is Chandi Dayle McCright. References:  LinkedIn, Allure video, and honor society mention.

All of her SM is Chandi Dayle so I assumed that Dayle was her last name. I'm guessing others did the same.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

The girls indicated they made it into "training camp" but it seems to me like they just lumped finals into that process. So with solos today and maybe even interviews - I think they could be significantly cutting the field this first week.

I believe they will also do the kickline and one (or more) of the routines they were already given.  And I agree that the field will likely get smaller before they go to The Star.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I believe they will also do the kickline and one (or more) of the routines they were already given.  And I agree that the field will likely get smaller before they go to The Star.

Everything is being done in Arlington at the stadium per there website info 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Katmcc said:

I have a weird feeling that Melissa Rycroft isn’t doing MTT this year. She said something on her podcast this week about going to the CMT awards because she previously had been on a CMT show, “DCC.” It sounded very past tense to me. 

Melissa is definitely a part of the show this year. She posted today judging solos. 

ADC04726-011C-45D1-BDBA-33543765F4B8.jpeg

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/14/2021 at 7:15 PM, Holly85 said:

I’m still wondering exactly how many went to training camp 

I counted 47 on Melissa's pan around the room for solos - it's on her Insta story! Would love for someone to double check me - there were also some empty chairs so 53 if they all will be full.

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Melissa is still a popular guest on reality show roundups and podcasts because of the Bachelor and DWTS.  So while she is there, she can also discuss MTT.  K&J can only discuss the one show.

She's definitely still involved, she's been posting from the set all morning.

58 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I wonder why?

Definitely more space, and can keep outside air circulating in without having to be completely outside like on the turf at the Star.

Edited by PepperM
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I counted 47 on Melissa's pan around the room for solos - it's on her Insta story! Would love for someone to double check me - there were also some empty chairs so 53 if they all will be full.

She's definitely still involved, she's been posting from the set all morning.

Definitely more space, and can keep outside air circulating in without having to be completely outside like on the turf at the Star.

I also counted 47 girls, if theres 53 chairs that would make 26 TCC. I'm almost positive I saw Ashley and Lea so I'm counting them as confirmed. My list is still only 24 TCC and 27 vets totaling 51 girls. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Did anyone see Maddie's latest post? She seemed to say there is a re-auditioning former DCC at finals today 👀👀

1855797711_Screenshot2021-06-16143846.thumb.png.2041e2ffee7c51e4ef00930a2052b005.png

Exact quote from her:

"Extra love to my DCC sister re auditioning to proudly wear the stars again. You were put in the uniform already for a reason, remind them of that reason! I am just the proudest sister!💙 Sending love, good vibes and cheer, love Mads."

@lemonbus230 @Dr. Manhattan pleaseeee spill the beans 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Or they are using this as an opportunity to rank the girls and create their “board of drama”

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, assylamaps said:

Did anyone see Maddie's latest post? She seemed to say there is a re-auditioning former DCC at finals today 👀👀

1855797711_Screenshot2021-06-16143846.thumb.png.2041e2ffee7c51e4ef00930a2052b005.png

Exact quote from her:

"Extra love to my DCC sister re auditioning to proudly wear the stars again. You were put in the uniform already for a reason, remind them of that reason! I am just the proudest sister!💙 Sending love, good vibes and cheer, love Mads."

@lemonbus230 @Dr. Manhattan pleaseeee spill the beans 

I think she just forgot the "s" on sister. Sounds like a shout out to all the vets?

Just now, aimeelou625 said:

Or they are using this as an opportunity to rank the girls and create their “board of drama”

Ahhh yes the board of drama!

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

This actually explains why the out of town "TCC" are being housed by the Cowboys bc they haven't actually made it into training camp yet and the vets probably haven't either...

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
Just now, TB12 said:

This actually explains why the out of town "TCC" are being housed by the Cowboys bc they haven't actually made it into training camp yet and the vets probably haven't either...

One of the gals is I saw is staying with Claire w

This is all making sense considering they had initially said there would be a finals in person and then that got regigged slightly. 

But I wonder if those considering themselves as TCC knew they weren't actually in yet?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Jezlyn said:

This is all making sense considering they had initially said there would be a finals in person and then that got regigged slightly. 

But I wonder if those considering themselves as TCC knew they weren't actually in yet?

I’ve had a vet tell me that all the vets made it to training camp so idk 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I wonder if Kelli Quinn could be reauditioning. For no other reason than she is back in Dallas still seems to be dancing and isn't involved with the reason she initially left anymore.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, Jezlyn said:

I wonder if Kelli Quinn could be reauditioning. For no other reason than she is back in Dallas still seems to be dancing and isn't involved with the reason she initially left anymore.

Kelli q is with Kelsey right now out and abt !! She is back in Dallas bc she accepted a job !! I think Maddie’s post was a typo 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

More space to social distance 

If this is the reason it’s funny only because no one social distances here anymore. Normal dance classes don’t make kids wear masks anymore, so there is no reason they can’t be at the star. It’s sad they do this just for the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

If this is the reason it’s funny only because no one social distances here anymore. Normal dance classes don’t make kids wear masks anymore, so there is no reason they can’t be at the star. It’s sad they do this just for the show. 

I think they planned it to be at the stadium the whole time before they knew if the players were going to be able to return to Oxnard which they just got word they are 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think they planned it to be at the stadium the whole time before they knew if the players were going to be able to return to Oxnard which they just got word they are 

That’s so awesome. Am I crazy or did they talk about moving training camp from Oxnard to the Star, permanently? 

Edited by Fwcowboysfan
1 minute ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

That’s so awesome. Am I crazy or did they talk about moving training camp from Oxnard to the Star, permanently? 

I think that might have said something abt  it 

• Love 1
(edited)

Huge sign, says it’s training camp.  I don’t think they’d bring this many girls and if they weren’t going to give them all an opportunity.  Just my opinion.

On another note Kat has on a similar costume to what she wore last year.

D9C58FCE-E5CF-4A9D-B23F-B19CB13E4E6E.jpeg

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

At first the judges were at tables right by the dance floor on the field. Now the judges are in the stands with lapboards likely judging field presence and looking for HD friendly. How many judges are there?

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.50.44 PM.png

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Huge sign, says it’s training camp.  I don’t think they’d bring this many girls and if they weren’t going to give them all an opportunity.  Just my opinion.

On another note Kat has on a similar costume to what she wore last year.

D9C58FCE-E5CF-4A9D-B23F-B19CB13E4E6E.jpeg

Both Victoria and Brianna posted "good luck at finals today" though.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 4.03.06 PM.png

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I hope to God they didn't tell these girls they were in training camp, but to have a solo prepared, then they show up to find out it's only the finals of auditions. I mean like said about the sign says "Training Camp", so why are they treating this like the final round of auditions? 

Anything to make better tv, and high ratings I assume...

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

At first the judges were at tables right by the dance floor on the field. Now the judges are in the stands with lapboards likely judging field presence and looking for HD friendly. How many judges are there?

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.50.44 PM.png

That looks like Jay to the left

57 minutes ago, Jezlyn said:

That looks like Jay to the left

The name tag starts with K I think? and no offense to either party but he doesn't look as "buff" as Jay?🤷‍♀️

(edited)
12 minutes ago, LilBlueDCCStar said:

ngl, I don't see why even half of the judging panel gets to judge...

Yup but our friend Marshall was there and posted on Instagram.

Whats funny is that "round table" is distanced. but then they all post pics hanging on one another. LOL.

Also journalist Meredith Land below posted some good video clips on Instagram too

2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

jacie ❤️❤️❤️❤️

agree!

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The girls indicated they made it into "training camp" but it seems to me like they just lumped finals into that process.

3 hours ago, KellyKapowski said:

I hope to God they didn't tell these girls they were in training camp, but to have a solo prepared, then they show up to find out it's only the finals of auditions. I mean like said about the sign says "Training Camp", so why are they treating this like the final round of auditions? 

Anything to make better tv, and high ratings I assume...

This seems to be going according to the advertised plan. I expect they are referring to it as training camp in the signage because it's easier and gives them the flexibility to decide how to frame it on the tv show. 148470052_2021DCCauditiondates.thumb.JPG.870b73c8bbe9a95f15234629fdf91389.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This seems to be going according to the advertised plan. I expect they are referring to it as training camp in the signage because it's easier and gives them the flexibility to decide how to frame it on the tv show. 148470052_2021DCCauditiondates.thumb.JPG.870b73c8bbe9a95f15234629fdf91389.JPG

Then they changed 

D30F33C6-9327-486C-8C4F-252FDA7CD9E7.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Just hopping in to celebrate the reveal of the Carolina Panthers’ cheerleaders today—and three men made the team!   Proud Carolina girl over here. 😁

Wonder how long before (if ever) the Cowboys choose to follow suit? Certainly not while Jerry Jones reigns supreme… 🙄

Edited by allitator
  • Love 23
26 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

8B9C5830-BE96-4F5C-8E24-14DEEE2D41B8_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.8cd158c9e2bdd393d87451e7c5b50bd8.jpeg

I'm only counting 51 chairs in this photo. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

I guess it's time for a stronger pair of reading glasses. There is no amount of magnification on that photo that allows me to count the chairs. So, I'll go with your 51. :-)

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

They could of reverted back 

Too true. Who knows, these days? I will be interested to see how much of the change they decide keep, when it's fully back to normal next year.

7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They could of reverted back 

I really hope they did. 51, or 53 seems like way too many to take into training camp. Hate seeing their hard work and dreams get crushed 6-7 weeks in. Cut the cord now.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

8B9C5830-BE96-4F5C-8E24-14DEEE2D41B8_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.8cd158c9e2bdd393d87451e7c5b50bd8.jpeg

I think there is 25 on one side and 25 + at least 2 extra on the other. Try this view. Back two rows look like six chairs each?

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 8.23.19 PM.png

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

From left to right: The Melissa, Ava (rookie candidate), Chandi, Caroline and either Ellie or Christina (rookie candidate).

• Love 1