Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The First Supper

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Forrest overindulges in edibles.

Seems that this is going to be a storyline in many shows now-they just did it in Mr. Mayor and I believe in Grey’s Anatomy. I know they did it in Mom a few seasons ago.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

For some reason I thought they’d been friends longer than they had, but no one had gone to Delia and Forest’s wedding. I guess I’d expected at least a couple of them to have been childhood friends.

Forest’s two rows of licked crackers was the funniest part of the show, I thought. (I did laugh when they showed exactly how many he’d licked.)

Does Shannon’s restaurant not serve dinner? They go to movies one night and then she’s cooking on a Friday night? And who would choose a menu where you’d be trapped in the kitchen doing prep work when the purpose is to meet the friends? And why would Wade and the friends be outside when the purpose is to meet Shannon?

I don’t care for most of the kids, so less screen time for them is fine by me.

Not their best episode.

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 3

I thought it was really ridiculous when Wade suggested Friday to all his friends for their dinner with Shannon. You know she's a chef. You know she works at a restaurant. You must know that Friday and Saturday are the busiest nights. Why not say, "Let me see what night she's free?" When he asked her to take Friday off in the next scene, I was like WADE, COME ON! I get that he wanted them to meet her but that was really inconsiderate.

The neatly lined up rows of crackers that Forest had sucked the salt off of made me laugh though. It seems like such an oddly specific thing that I'm guessing someone that one of the writers knows has done something similar (although not necessarily because they were high - maybe one of their kids?).

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

For some reason I thought they’d been friends longer than they had, but no one had gone to Delia and Forest’s wedding. I guess I’d expected at least a couple of them to have been childhood friends.

It was mentioned in season 1 that they became friends because of their kids, they attended the same school. So they know each other for 6-7 years  I guess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I was worried that Noah, because actors going through that awkward phase usually lose comic timing and a natural instinct, would consistently begin to s- - -, but he was not bad delivering the Finding Nemo spoiler lines.

Intoxicated and substance-related storylines always bore me, but Forrest brought it. Not so much the dog paw soliloquy but everything after.

• Love 5

If you miss the first minute or two of this episode, as I did, nothing made sense.  And of course you get together with a chef on Monday, not over the weekend.

I thought Wade's dead wife was friends with Delia.

Noah continues to be a great character.  It sucks to be in between ages.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Wade is my least favorite character on this show. Seriously, the only thing I like about him is his group of friends. Forrest had me laughing out loud last night.

There is something kind of awkward and painful about Goggins delivering dramatic and sensitive dialogue. Shallow pool time but he really needs a proper haircut.

His friends in particularly Forest are holding this show together.

Having sex while your friends and waiting for a dinner you are making is all kinds of dopey and rude.

This show started out as Wade as a novelty and has since turned into Modern Family and not in a good way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Noah: Zoë and Kai assaulted me.

Michelle: All 40 pounds of them?

I had to rewind that part three times, I was laughing so hard. Also when Forrest tells everyone he caught Wade and Shannon "humping", and then mouths "I saw them" to Ben. High!Forrest was very very entertaining.

• Love 4

I think Noah (Devin Bright) is going to be a breakout star of this show. He has great timing, great comedy chops, and just that "it" factor.

Forrest high on edibles was just hilarious. I do get it that drugs are not funny, but he just nailed it so well. 

• Love 4

The "accidently gets high before an important event" plot is rather a cliché sitcom plot, especially as pot becomes legal in more places, but Forrest was really cracking me up, especially when he was hiding underneath the blanket. "NARC!" 

The kid who plays Noah is really great, he has excellent comedic timing and he plays off the adults really well. Being stuck alone in the middle, not a teen but not a little kid while in a group of teens and kids, really does suck. I am right in the middle of my cousins, so I know that struggle growing up. 

It seems kind of weird that Shannon made dinner on the night she was supposed to be getting to know Wade's friends, you would think that would be a good night to order in. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
On 1/22/2021 at 5:36 PM, juno said:

There is something kind of awkward and painful about Goggins delivering dramatic and sensitive dialogue. Shallow pool time but he really needs a proper haircut.

His friends in particularly Forest are holding this show together.

Having sex while your friends and waiting for a dinner you are making is all kinds of dopey and rude.

This show started out as Wade as a novelty and has since turned into Modern Family and not in a good way.

I didn't want to be mean but since you said shallow pool time, I will chime in. I get that nice, widowed men are a hot commodity. But his hair reminded me of a darker version of Joe Biden's hair. Also, I assume something has happened to his teeth, but these seem a bit large for his mouth. I feel terrible saying these things. But it takes away from the "unicorn" aspect of his character. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/25/2021 at 10:50 PM, tennisgurl said:

It seems kind of weird that Shannon made dinner on the night she was supposed to be getting to know Wade's friends, you would think that would be a good night to order in. 

Yeah, like I know she insisted she had to cook (I guess she works at a place that just does breakfast and lunch? But wait, dinner is done there too I think, hm), but seriously, just order some takeout - or make one thing and not an entire meal. Or grill something if it is gonna be outside.

• Love 2
On 1/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, meep.meep said:

I thought Wade's dead wife was friends with Delia.

She was, but they met on the playground or something similar when the girls were little.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, meep.meep said:

If you miss the first minute or two of this episode, as I did, nothing made sense.

I saw the opening, and I didn't understand the part where Forrest took back the individual bottles of home-brewed IPA that the others had already sipped from to save for the guys in the office.  The writers could easily have had them drinking from mugs,  but they went with the individual bottles. Is Forrest really going to give his co-workers previously opened, germ-ridden bottles of beer? 

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1