Type keyword(s) to search

Elizabeth Lyn Vargas: Divorcee Wanna Be

• Start Topic

As annoying and odd as she is, I do enjoy watching her.  I can’t put my finger on it.

I still don’t understand her 90’s / Tommy centric wardrobe.  She also laugh talks, which may be because of camera nerves, but I wish she would calm down.  She’s always at 11.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

As annoying and odd as she is, I do enjoy watching her.  I can’t put my finger on it.

I still don’t understand her 90’s / Tommy centric wardrobe.  She also laugh talks, which may be because of camera nerves, but I wish she would calm down.  She’s always at 11.

I agree, she’s kind of annoying...but aren’t they all?? I see a lot of myself in her (with exactly no money) but I do tend to crack myself up. 😕

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 12/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, TexasGal said:

Ok, I feel bad for Elizabeth and whatever she went through as a kid, but she’s got to stop with the whole “everything is so bad but I can’t talk about it wait let me hint about it a little more but no now I’m going to cry because I can’t talk about it!”  Exhausting. 

I’m getting con artist vibes from her. Was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but now not so sure. I caught her on Heather McDonald’s podcast yesterday and she actually went through the same exact routine, claiming PTS, then hyperventilating, then saying ‘give me a minute to pull myself together’. I saw it first on this episode on the trail, but then hearing it again, played out the same way on the podcast, set off a red flag. (As an aside, Heather being Heather, talked right over it, and Elizabeth’s act lost its impact, and didn’t quite land, lol.)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

https://people.com/tv/rhoc-elizabeth-lyn-vargas-claims-molested-by-men-situations-cult-grew-up/

“We were in a church environment and all this s--- the fan, and I told my neighbor what was happening inside the church and the FBI came to shut the church.”

“You were molested?” Gina, 36, asked, to which Elizabeth said yes and added, “by many situations.”

“By many men?” Gina clarified, to which Elizabeth again said yes."

No new details, clarification of what we thought we heard, so mystery continues.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

https://people.com/tv/rhoc-elizabeth-lyn-vargas-claims-molested-by-men-situations-cult-grew-up/

“We were in a church environment and all this s--- the fan, and I told my neighbor what was happening inside the church and the FBI came to shut the church.”

“You were molested?” Gina, 36, asked, to which Elizabeth said yes and added, “by many situations.”

“By many men?” Gina clarified, to which Elizabeth again said yes."

No new details, clarification of what we thought we heard, so mystery continues.

Yep. Con artist 101

• Love 1
On 12/29/2020 at 7:13 AM, VedaPierce said:

Heather McDonald’s podcast

Interesting stuff about her marriage.

Ex sounds awful but she signed up for it. Apparently a serial player, multiple women, met him while she was a cabaret singer, may have married her due to business reasons, she was tolerant of his affairs while they were dating but not so much after marriage, funded her company, now not doing well as he stopped the money train. Promoting a vodka to support her animal rescue.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Even in this interview she's all over the place.  She didn't know she was the side piece because he took her places and she met his friends. People would glare at her because she was the side piece.  She didn't know the kids; they were at events with them; they called and yelled at her.  Constantly teases something then says I can't talk about it followed by a dolphin laugh. Ugh.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Yes, this interview with her is exhausting.

The whole story is a mess and she could use some professional help. If she was a tad on the not healthy side going into that marriage, the nuptials sealed her deal. What people do to themselves for fame and money will never be boring to me.

I was thinking her teasing a story and not finishing it may be because it will be on the show and she can't spoil it. But who knows, the non stop laughing is over the top and probably a mask. 

After listening to her, I could use a professional session.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Interesting stuff about her marriage.

Ex sounds awful but she signed up for it. Apparently a serial player, multiple women, met him while she was a cabaret singer, may have married her due to business reasons, she was tolerant of his affairs while they were dating but not so much after marriage, funded her company, now not doing well as he stopped the money train. Promoting a vodka to support her animal rescue.

Thanks for posting this! Elizabeth said she is 45 almost 46, that she's been with the husband 20 years, and that she started seeing him when she was around 20 and still in college. She said she met him while she was doing her Vargas girls act, but then later she says he put up the 13k so she could start the Vargas girls act.

She talks about growing up on the ranch and being isolated from the outside world, even going to school there, which sounds pretty typical cult. Then later she says that her whole family hopped on the train and went to California to visit her grandparents for a couple of weeks, where her strict Pentecostal parents allowed her to wear a little red swimsuit on the beach and took the kids to Disneyland. Seems odd to me that when her mother married into such a horrific cult she didn't have to cut her parents off. Most cults don't like outside influences getting in their members heads. 

Is her only reference to being so destitute and poor as a child that they lived in a trailer? Was it a ramshackle trailer or a nice double-wide? Did you have plenty of food and clothes to wear and life's basic necessities? Her rambles about Grandma taking all the money and living in a mansion were disguised as disgust, but it reeked of envy. I suspect this is where her focus on wealth and having fancy homes etc to show off started.

I can't really draw up any sympathy for her situation with the ex-hubs. I don't believe for a second that the people in a club that he went to regularly for 4 years didn't know that he's married with children and a total womanizer on top of it. Lizzie wants to make it out like she was an innocent ingenue but her eyes were wide open and she was more than willing to be one of many kept women. He chose her to marry because he needed a wife for business purposes and she had proved for a decade that she was willing to do anything and everything he wanted to keep the lifestyle, including keeping their marriage a secret. 

Last thing and I will let this rant go. Elizabeth went to college for singing and sang for a living, but Heather sounded significantly better than she did...and she hadn't sung the tune since she was 16. Hmmmm...gotta wonder if Lizzy's past career was more burlesque than cabernet. 

• Love 6
On 12/29/2020 at 8:13 AM, VedaPierce said:

I’m getting con artist vibes from her. Was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but now not so sure. I caught her on Heather McDonald’s podcast yesterday and she actually went through the same exact routine, claiming PTS, then hyperventilating, then saying ‘give me a minute to pull myself together’. I saw it first on this episode on the trail, but then hearing it again, played out the same way on the podcast, set off a red flag. (As an aside, Heather being Heather, talked right over it, and Elizabeth’s act lost its impact, and didn’t quite land, lol.)

I love Heather McDonald, and I think she’s really funny!  But she’s the worst at interviewing people.  She talks over them, doesn’t follow up on answers, and goes off on personal tangents.  I wasn’t going to listen to this podcast episode but I think I will now!

• Love 6

Thanks for your rant J8.

There was so much in that interview, at a very ADD pace, that it is difficult to focus on what the heck she said. Another one into threesomes. Is that a Bravo thing now? Is that the connection with Browny? To bad Vicky's gone-she'd be the match on the gasoline.

Bernt the ex husband DOB June 14, 1953 (age 67 years). 20 year age difference. The way she was talking I was thinking another Anna Nicole Smith. 

Agree with heatherchandler. I listen to Heather McDonald while walking the dogs, and wish she would have zipped it a bit more with Lizzy, for purely selfish reasons, to get more out of her. The podcast gives us more info than the stupid bravo show and her life sounds like chaos, ego, and disrespect on steroids.

Any divorce will knock the socks out of someone, and she sounds like she is trying to hold it together with two fingers on the emotional edge. I get it that her ego is in play and wants the bravo dough now that her marriage and company are vaporized, but jeez, going on a reality show and podcasts having panic attacks!!! She'd be better off calling Dr Phil. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I love puzzles. And loathe being gaslight. This chicks story is so peculiar and everything out of her mouth contradicts what she said previously. I tried and failed to find info on the culty, abusive church in Missouri closed by the FBI , so tried to find the name of the rich abusive grandmother and possibly get info that way. Was I successful? Nope, Just more confusion.

If you recall, Vargas has been open about growing up in poverty in Missouri with a very unstable childhood

During a recent interview with Heather McDonald on her Juicy Scoop Podcast, Elizabeth went into further details about her life, which make her even more confusing.”

Is anyone else confused about how her grandmother was living in a mansion while she and her siblings were living in poverty?”

“Elizabeth confirmed that her grandmother (who was her Father’s mother) didn’t share the wealth with her own family

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2020/12/16/elizabeth-vargas-crazy-childhood-revealed-grandmother-ran-and-profited-from-a-church-that-encouraged-members-to-give-entire-paychecks/

According to her brother Andrew, Elizabeth moved from Missouri when she was 4 or 5. Did the church move with them to WA? Or did she close the church via FBI when she was 4 or 5? "She explained that her father was extremely disappointed in her and told her, “You just lost a father. I hope you know that.”

The bio on the Bravo website for Elizabeth Lyn Vargas says she was born and raised in Missouri.”

“Not so much, says her brother.”

“The family left Missouri when she was 4 or 5 and moved to Monitor, Andrew Vargas said. He went to Cashmere High School and his sister to Wenatchee High School, he said.

https://www.ncwlife.com/wenatchee-grad-has-joined-the-cast-of-real-housewives-of-orange-county/

And what the heck could this mean?  From brother Andrew:

I ended up being on the show quite a bit to help her out because it’s a family based show,” he said. “It’s been a very fun experience. A little bit weird, a little bit crazy, cause I live in Wenatchee and I’m not supposed to be on TV. It’s really bad, though, it’s hilarious. … I’m all over the damn thing. They filmed me way too much.

I may be inferring this, but had the confused impression that her father was close to grandma and as a result not close to Elizabeth and Elizabeth was close to her mom.

Appears her father passed in 2014 - “David leaves behind his wife, Deborah Lee of the family home; five adult children: sons, Jonathan, Andrew, and David J. Vargas; and daughters, Elizabeth (Bernt) Vargas Bodal and Anna (Ryan) Sperry Again confused, inferring that the family is a unit.

To add to the confusion, David has two step children and a Step Father.

No clues on the culty, abusive church closed by the FBI. “He was preceded in death by his parents.” (no names)

David was born on January 25, 1952, in Los Angeles, CA and moved to Phoenix, AZ when he was 12. As a young adult, he moved with his family to West Plains, MO and later moved to Wenatchee, WA. He enjoyed spending time with his family, working with electronics and traveling. David was skilled in repairing items that anyone else would deem un-fixable. David was retired. He had spent many years as an electronics technician for Charter Communications and he later worked for Stemilt Growers.”

Happy they worked their way out of poverty.

https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/tributes/obituaries/david-a-vargas/article_d85323b5-401f-5088-ab34-a0fb5742d7f4.html

From what we have seen and heard, does any of this make sense?

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 5

OH another thing from the Heather McD podcast - I am paraphrasing -

Elizabeth: "I have never seen the RH of OC.. I have seen the RH of Salt Lake City, that one I have watched."

a bit later

Heather: "Oh it's so funny on RH Salt Lake City, there is a woman who married her grandpa, she's fleecing the church."

Elizabeth: "Oh that sounds funny, I saw the previews but I haven't actually watched RH of Salt Lake City.  I want to, it sounds great!"

Hmmmmm

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 14

I can’t wait to see part 2 because of Liz. WORST LESBIAN EVER!! She has great timing. This sophisticated hillbilly has great potential. And she’s really gorgeous and could get a better looking guy, but she’s with the baby face guy. Makes me think she may be a down to earth person, who just happens to rent an apartment to use as a closet. 

• Love 7

I’m thinking that the reason she kept saying that she’s going to donate her car to charity is so that she can write off the sales tax, registration and insurance, maybe even the purchase price.  And then in a few years, when she wants a new car, she will hand it off to some group to sell in a raffle.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2021 at 7:37 PM, itsadryheat said:

I love puzzles. And loathe being gaslight. This chicks story is so peculiar and everything out of her mouth contradicts what she said previously. I tried and failed to find info on the culty, abusive church in Missouri closed by the FBI , so tried to find the name of the rich abusive grandmother and possibly get info that way. Was I successful? Nope, Just more confusion.

If you recall, Vargas has been open about growing up in poverty in Missouri with a very unstable childhood

During a recent interview with Heather McDonald on her Juicy Scoop Podcast, Elizabeth went into further details about her life, which make her even more confusing.”

Is anyone else confused about how her grandmother was living in a mansion while she and her siblings were living in poverty?”

“Elizabeth confirmed that her grandmother (who was her Father’s mother) didn’t share the wealth with her own family

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2020/12/16/elizabeth-vargas-crazy-childhood-revealed-grandmother-ran-and-profited-from-a-church-that-encouraged-members-to-give-entire-paychecks/

According to her brother Andrew, Elizabeth moved from Missouri when she was 4 or 5. Did the church move with them to WA? Or did she close the church via FBI when she was 4 or 5? "She explained that her father was extremely disappointed in her and told her, “You just lost a father. I hope you know that.”

The bio on the Bravo website for Elizabeth Lyn Vargas says she was born and raised in Missouri.”

“The family left Missouri when she was 4 or 5 and moved to Monitor, Andrew Vargas said. He went to Cashmere High School and his sister to Wenatchee High School, he said.

https://www.ncwlife.com/wenatchee-grad-has-joined-the-cast-of-real-housewives-of-orange-county/

I ended up being on the show quite a bit to help her out because it’s a family based show,” he said. “It’s been a very fun experience. A little bit weird, a little bit crazy, cause I live in Wenatchee and I’m not supposed to be on TV. It’s really bad, though, it’s hilarious. … I’m all over the damn thing. They filmed me way too much.

I may be inferring this, but had the confused impression that her father was close to grandma and as a result not close to Elizabeth and Elizabeth was close to her mom.

Appears her father passed in 2014 - “David leaves behind his wife, Deborah Lee of the family home; five adult children: sons, Jonathan, Andrew, and David J. Vargas; and daughters, Elizabeth (Bernt) Vargas Bodal and Anna (Ryan) Sperry Again confused, inferring that the family is a unit.

No clues on the culty, abusive church closed by the FBI. “He was preceded in death by his parents.” (no names)

David was born on January 25, 1952, in Los Angeles, CA and moved to Phoenix, AZ when he was 12. As a young adult, he moved with his family to West Plains, MO and later moved to Wenatchee, WA. He enjoyed spending time with his family, working with electronics and traveling. David was skilled in repairing items that anyone else would deem un-fixable. David was retired. He had spent many years as an electronics technician for Charter Communications and he later worked for Stemilt Growers.”

https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/tributes/obituaries/david-a-vargas/article_d85323b5-401f-5088-ab34-a0fb5742d7f4.html

Thanks for posting this info! I have 2 cousins close to Liesabeth's age that went to high school in Wenatchee. Can't wait to find out if they knew her.

• Useful 5

I wonder about the mother’s role in keeping E and her siblings in this cult - was she being held against her will, or was she a participant who eventually changed her mind and drove them out of there? 

E was right when she said therapy is going to be a long difficult journey - she’s going to have to grapple with the parts her own parents played in her torture. Though I’m really interested, a TV show might not be the best place to do this.

• Love 6
On 1/3/2021 at 9:37 PM, itsadryheat said:

Can we get her on Dr. Phil, I love when he does the time line of someone's life and lies...maybe she can sell her story to Lifetime, they love this sort of story.

It is hard to feel sympathy for someone when nothing adds up, she will make herself an outcast from the other HW's and then she will cry about that too.

• Love 4
On 1/24/2021 at 6:15 AM, nexxie said:

E was right when she said therapy is going to be a long difficult journey - she’s going to have to grapple with the parts her own parents played in her torture. Though I’m really interested, a TV show might not be the best place to do this.

Well not a HoWife show for sure!  The HWs used to be fun.  I don't want to see someone work through childhood trauma on a Bravo show.  Same goes for someone trying to get sober for that matter.   I think Dr. Drew used to have a show for that.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Can we get her on Dr. Phil, I love when he does the time line of someone's life and lies...maybe she can sell her story to Lifetime, they love this sort of story.

It is hard to feel sympathy for someone when nothing adds up, she will make herself an outcast from the other HW's and then she will cry about that too.

The "Vince Neill" phone call was the final proof I needed to know she was full of crap. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 2/3/2021 at 8:42 AM, MaggieG said:

The "Vince Neill" phone call was the final proof I needed to know she was full of crap. 

The funniest part of that was that Liesabeth thought everyone would be so impressed that she new Vince. Nothing against him, but his big claim to fame in the last 20 years is season 1 of the surreal life. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, J80134 said:

The funniest part of that was that Liesabeth thought everyone would be so impressed that she new Vince. Nothing against him, but his big claim to fame in the last 20 years is season 1 of the surreal life. 

I saw him in Las Vegas, (not a performance but him), I was at Red Rocks Resort watching the Ravens play (about 6 years ago), it was 10AM, the sports lounge was packed and I see this guy get shown to a booth with some girl...my friend tells me that was Vince Neil, I said "oh."  No big whoop.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1