Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

I just saw the episode guide. Apparently the decision day for Derek and Heather is episode 8. So sad... how did things get this bad? That smoking talk shouldn't have gone that bad. AE posted a preview for next week's episode.

https://twitter.com/AETV/status/767765567683964929

Guess they smarted up because it's already down. Sad they couldn't make it through the experiment, but I don't think anyone is surprised based on what we've seen so far.

Here's a screenshot of the episode guide. They might split up in episode 8. What I'd like to know is how much the cameras will keep following Derek and Heather if/once they've split. 

Also - I have no issue with Nick mentioning his rental/clothing business on his websites. He has just as much right to do that as the 'fan' who makes money off the show, when they had nothing to do with creating/producing it. Doesn't matter to me if the fan 'clearly' states they are not part of A&E or FYI. It's unethical, in my opinion.  

BTW, the "fan" I'm referring to is either a member or reader of this forum, because when I mentioned my distaste of this practice earlier - the ONLY time I mentioned it - they immediately blocked me on Twitter...which is hilarious, since I didn't follow them and had NO interaction with them on Twitter at all. The only reason I noticed was because I couldn't see a gif that a cast member had re-tweeted that had originally been posted by that 'fan' account.  

If you're that sensitive to someone questioning you about making money off something you have no ownership in, then deep down you know it's wrong.  I also wonder what Disney would do if they saw the Star Wars shirts they create/sell from time to time. If you don't have a merchandising license, it's illegal to sell anything with Star Wars characters on it. 

Again, just my opinion. 

Cqfrd73XEAAB4KO.jpg

• Love 2

Also - I wish that people (primarily on other sites, NOT this one) would stop obsessing over the bus issue. I can't remember if it was the Wedding Preparations episode, or a 'preview' of the upcoming season, but they already showed a clip of Tom saying he "moved in" with Lillian. They've also shown clips of him talking while in an apartment. I'm not sure if it's Lillian's place or if they got a temporary place of their own, but it's clearly an apartment and NOT the bus.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BonnieLass said:

BTW, the "fan" I'm referring to is either a member or reader of this forum, because when I mentioned my distaste of this practice earlier - the ONLY time I mentioned it - they immediately blocked me on Twitter...which is hilarious, since I didn't follow them and had NO interaction with them on Twitter at all. The only reason I noticed was because I couldn't see a gif that a cast member had re-tweeted that had originally been posted by that 'fan' account.  

Now I need to know what twitter account you mean.

• Love 2

I am so over this weed vs cigarettes story.. I hope we can move on from that. BTW that video was in  2010. 

BonnieLass, how did they know it was you? Do you have the same name on twitter? I noticed that 'those people' Block fast. 

I actually don't see the big deal with Tom's bus. I am thinking it's all to drum up drama. He definitely moved in with Lillian. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

I am so over this weed vs cigarettes story.. I hope we can move on from that. BTW that video was in  2010. 

BonnieLass, how did they know it was you? Do you have the same name on twitter? I noticed that 'those people' Block fast. 

I actually don't see the big deal with Tom's bus. I am thinking it's all to drum up drama. He definitely moved in with Lillian. 

Yes, I use the same screen name everywhere. I'm too old to remember multiple ones, LOL

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I haven't seen the previews. And I don't care if Nick, Derick, whomever promotes whatever.  I doubt they are getting paid worth the aggravation, lol.

Agreed! I've never had an issue with them being paid a stipend (and I don't think it's as much as some people seem to believe). After all, they are either taking time off work - or using vacation time they won't be able to use later - in order to film the show, so I see it as just a way of reimbursing them for their losses (although a free vacation should take some of the sting out of it, lol). I couldn't afford to take all that time off - I doubt few people could. Yes, I know they CHOSE to be on the show, but that doesn't mean they have to go broke to do so. 

• Love 3

I live here...seems Nick is doing well...looks like his properties are in a nice area...near Las Olas..looks like Victoria Park... mixed...and or near Wilton Manors which is mostly Gay clubs and biz. Either is a good area and he seems to be much more financially stable than other guys who were on this show.  I also think the bus is being way overplayed. I think they will move into an apt or house and work it out. Tom is better off than jobless Doug who lived with his parents...basement Ryan....shady show off Ryan.  Ilike Tom and Lilly best and I also like Sonia and Nick. I really hope at least one couple makes it...prefer to see them both succeed. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, BonnieLass said:

Yes, I use the same screen name everywhere. I'm too old to remember multiple ones, LOL

I tried using the same name everywhere but it backfired. I learned my lesson. 

1 hour ago, BonnieLass said:

Here's a screenshot of the episode guide. They might split up in episode 8. What I'd like to know is how much the cameras will keep following Derek and Heather if/once they've split. 

Also - I have no issue with Nick mentioning his rental/clothing business on his websites. He has just as much right to do that as the 'fan' who makes money off the show, when they had nothing to do with creating/producing it. Doesn't matter to me if the fan 'clearly' states they are not part of A&E or FYI. It's unethical, in my opinion.  

If you're that sensitive to someone questioning you about making money off something you have no ownership in, then deep down you know it's wrong.  I also wonder what Disney would do if they saw the Star Wars shirts they create/sell from time to time. If you don't have a merchandising license, it's illegal to sell anything with Star Wars characters on it. 

Again, just my opinion. 

My whole thing is selling what you do on the tv shows (Nick with the shirts) or how they push they were part of this show or whatever reality show on a bio on their business site. It comes off in bad light doing these things. IMO things like this come off as you are on here to push your businesses and nothing more in the end. Nothing to do with mentioning his business on his own websites but when it comes to his Twitter handle for the show that to me sort of crosses the line and is just like wearing the shirts for his clothing line. I would say the same things about anyone else on this show if they were dropping the companies names they worked for on the shows or on SM handles that have the show attached to it. It comes off like the Newport Beach couple from last seasons Arranged show. It was always about their businesses. Names dropped for where they worked, what they did and areas they were in. It was disgusting. Now if he doesn't wear the stuff past this point cool but if we see a shirt on either of them in each/any episode its bad taste. The show is not for promoting your business. 

And agree that its bad for others to take things like that and try to sell it. IF you were to do something that was a likeness but not exact I can some what give a pass depending on how it is and IF you use the exact name/company of the item in it. I know when Etsy started up there was many issues with people trying to pass off homemade items as Disney and it was stopped. Disney does not like that at all and if they find out you will hear from them. Now if its done in a way that is not exactly Disney or you skip the name of the character or Disney in it than you are pretty safe. Such as the homemade hair clip bows..if you use the colors of a character ok but do not try to claim its Disney in any way, shape or form. Hopefully I explained this well. 

Which I don't know who blocked you but sure sounds like they knew what they were doing was wrong and anyone that questioned it probably got blocked. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 3

I agree with you - hopefully the S8YC shirt thing has been in our face because he brought several on the honeymoon for himself and Sonia. Hopefully we'll see him in 'regular' clothes when they get back to the real world. 

• Love 1

If you all hadn't mentioned it, I'd never know that Nick was promoting clothing. Besides the shoes at the wedding, I can't recall a single thing he's worn.  As for his AirBnB rentals, one of you needs to bite the bullet and ask some rental questions.  From what I saw on the site, the places are really small one bedrooms that he's advertising 4-5 people --- air mattresses and sofas (not even sofa beds!). Guess he caters to spring breakers or young singles.

• Love 1

Interesting Twitter exchange to interpret - or not - as you will (and, yes, I think I probably have "stalker" tendencies):

nickgaytwitter.png

twitter2.png

Edited by HZAnita
ETA: so it might make more sense. :/
  • Love 1
On 8/19/2016 at 6:34 PM, Magoo said:

If the producer would help her tone it back by about a thousand and teach her the right words to emphasize, she'd actually be a great host.  But without that, she just sounds shocked, shocked! that people cast on a show called "Married at First Sight" would marry a complete shtranger!  That's just cuh-rayzee! So titillating!  She leans forward anxiously, in breathless anticipation to hear what it was like to spend the night with a complete shtranger!  The very idea of it all is so outrageous that it takes oral gymnastics to say it!  Mouth agog, eyes wild, she questions the couples, their friends, their family and is by turns amazed! shocked! and delightfully amused! by their answers.  It's exhausting.  And yet I watch.

Hahaha, you're so spot on, I love it. :D

I agree; if she toned down her reactions and enthusiasm, she would be a good host. And it's utterly ridiculous that she's so amazed at these people getting married to a stranger, since she did the exact same thing herself.

• Love 4
On 8/21/2016 at 0:02 AM, red. said:

Agree. I think everyone's reaction was "O sh*t". I don't understand how they didn't screen Derek out though. All it did was make way more work for production, editing, etc.  Making sure there were no legal issues. They were the last couple to get married, right? Maybe there was another couple set up or Heather's initial match fell through. I know production matches people that will make for good ratings (ie. girly girl with a lexus with a bus-dweller, girl who lives in JERSEY matched with a guy who won't leave his mom and long island, etc.), but I thought even this was a little too far. 

That's what happened.  They had another man for Heather, but changed because that man was concerned about how his wife would look, plus he wanted someone who looked "exotic."

I think it's interesting that so many of us believe the men are either abusive or gay.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

From this article:

'We were curious as to how Schwartz felt when he learned of his wife’s profession. “When I first heard my wife is a flight attendant, my heart dropped a bit,” he tells us. “I didn’t want to jump to any conclusions, because I knew so little about the job and its requirements at the time, so I just tried to be optimistic and look for the positive aspects of it. I learned very quickly that Heather loves her job very much.”

Personally I find it a little odd that Derek's heart dropped a bit when learning his new bride is a flight attendant...why?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, jamblastx said:

From this article:

'We were curious as to how Schwartz felt when he learned of his wife’s profession. “When I first heard my wife is a flight attendant, my heart dropped a bit,” he tells us. “I didn’t want to jump to any conclusions, because I knew so little about the job and its requirements at the time, so I just tried to be optimistic and look for the positive aspects of it. I learned very quickly that Heather loves her job very much.”

Personally I find it a little odd that Derek's heart dropped a bit when learning his new bride is a flight attendant...why?

Less time for the relationship. A new relationship needs time to flourish 

• Love 2

What I don't understand is that these people get into these marriages in this fashion and then the women want to pump the breaks on the physical parts of the relationship and that will kill it in the end. Physical attraction and sex are one of the key parts to working marriages and relationships. My guess is that Tom and Lillian have the best chance of success.........maybe!! Nick and Sonia are totally boring, no spark and Derek and Heather are almost finished already, This should be another awesome train wreck overall!!!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ctbabe said:

Agreed!!!! The whole weed thing is silly and people are making too big a deal out of it, period, end of story...

13 minutes ago, ioniancat21 said:

What I don't understand is that these people get into these marriages in this fashion and then the women want to pump the breaks on the physical parts of the relationship and that will kill it in the end. Physical attraction and sex are one of the key parts to working marriages and relationships. My guess is that Tom and Lillian have the best chance of success.........maybe!! Nick and Sonia are totally boring, no spark and Derek and Heather are almost finished already, This should be another awesome train wreck overall!!!

If I was married for 6 weeks without sex, she would have to bring something extraordinary to the table to keep me around...and agree to an open marriage.  Sex doesn't guarantee things will work out, but lack of it guarantees it won't.

On the AU version, everyone had sex on the honeymoon and that sounds about right.  A week of knowing someone is plenty of time to decide if anything is going to happen.

Nick wanting to take things slow with Sonia tells me that he is just not into her.

• Love 1

But...but...the weed speculation kept the conversation going for a good 6 days...winning!

Ima gonna start a dating site for weedfriends called... BUDdies.

No more miscommunication of what they are smoking occasionally, daily or continuously.

Derek may/not be our first BUDdie.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

If I was married for 6 weeks without sex, she would have to bring something extraordinary to the table to keep me around...and agree to an open marriage.  Sex doesn't guarantee things will work out, but lack of it guarantees it won't.

On the AU version, everyone had sex on the honeymoon and that sounds about right.  A week of knowing someone is plenty of time to decide if anything is going to happen.

Nick wanting to take things slow with Sonia tells me that he is just not into her.

I was just asking some questions in the other thread about that conversation between Nick and Sonia. She probably started crying because she knows what it means just as you and I do. If a man isn't feeling it after a week, you may as well cash it in. I'm sure he likes her, so maybe the sexual attraction can develop? Idk in my experience a man is either hot for you or he isn't. There's not much in between. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I was just asking some questions in the other thread about that conversation between Nick and Sonia. She probably started crying because she knows what it means just as you and I do. If a man isn't feeling it after a week, you may as well cash it in. I'm sure he likes her, so maybe the sexual attraction can develop? Idk in my experience a man is either hot for you or he isn't. There's not much in between. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right about that but, if I was married, I'd have sex with her regardless of attraction.  I'd have to think it's a similar situation to having sex while she's pregnant or shortly thereafter or if she gains weight or once age starts setting in - you're married, I've signed up to be her only sexual partner, it's not right to refuse.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

You're right about that but, if I was married, I'd have sex with her regardless of attraction.  I'd have to think it's a similar situation to having sex while she's pregnant or shortly thereafter or if she gains weight or once age starts setting in - you're married, I've signed up to be her only sexual partner, it's not right to refuse.

Everybody who's married starts out with sexual attraction though so by the time she gains weight or ages, there's still enough love between the both you to carry on. What does it say about this experiment then when they put two people together who may find each other physically repulsive and then say, "Now screw"? I don't care how compatible you are on paper. If there's no physical attraction and Nick is already wanting to take it slow, what does that say about their future? Has sexual desire ever developed for you when your initial instinct was negative?

If they would have matched me with Neal from last season, I wouldn't have gone through with the marriage much less slept with him. The thought makes me want to gag. There would be no changing that no matter how wonderful his personality is.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Everybody who's married starts out with sexual attraction though so by the time she gains weight or ages, there's still enough love between the both you to carry on. What does it say about this experiment then when they put two people together who may find each other physically repulsive and then say, "Now screw"? I don't care how compatible you are on paper. If there's no physical attraction and Nick is already wanting to take it slow, what does that say about their future? Has sexual desire ever developed for you when your initial instinct was negative?

If they would have matched me with Neal from last season, I wouldn't have gone through with the marriage much less slept with him. The thought makes me want to gag. There would be no changing that no matter how wonderful his personality is.

Not if it was negative.  I might be able to work with indifference but she'd have to be very intelligent, into archaeology and willing to travel. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Not if it was negative.  I might be able to work with indifference but she'd have to be very intelligent, into archaeology and willing to travel. 

Check, check, and check lol???

• Love 1

I speculated the other day that it seems like Nick is not physically attracted to Sonia--they seem very sweet together, but he is a really in shape, athletic looking guy, and Sonia is a larger girl.... however I think it is possible without them being each others "type" that they can fall in love anyway.... I dont think first week lack of sparks means theyre doomed by any means.

Edited by nlkm9
  • Love 1

You guys are reading to much into how this show is edited it's edited in a way so you won't be able to find out the ending until the endings unless something is leaked which I don't think is going to Happen if something went really bad between nick and Sonia you would of found out about it like you did wth Derek and Heather these editors are trying to put doubt in your mind about their status because if they edited it the way it went down the drama wouldn't be there

• Love 3

I think Heather was optimistic at first.  The weed smoking is a total turn off and I agree.  In my twenties I dated a guy that was a multiple times a day weed smoker.  From what I heard, he still smokes weed daily some 30 years later.

Heather should have said weed smoking was a deal breaker on her application.  However, I'm sure she didn't think she would get matched up with a guy that was perceived as mature that was a daily weed smoker.  I have known couples where one person smoked weed and the other didn't, it is an instant anti-social barrier.

Edited by tvfun
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, tvfun said:

I think Heather was optimistic at first.  The weed smoking is a total turn off and I agree.  In my twenties I dated a guy that was a multiple times a day weed smoker.  From what I heard, he still smokes weed daily some 30 years later.

Heather should have said weed smoking was a deal breaker on her application.  However, I'm sure she didn't think she would get matched up with a guy that was perceived as mature that was a daily weed smoker.  I have known couples where one person smoked weed and the other didn't, it is an instant anti-social barrier.

I don't think it has anything to do with weed I think she wrongly got into a process she wasn't totally ready for

• Love 5