Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am down five pounds since the beginning of October when I started using the MyFitnessPal app.  I would love to drop 10 more.  So here comes the dangerous pattern that I have repeated approximately 168 times since I was 19 years old...I see progress, I slack off, I gain the weight right back, I get mad at myself, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

I think the fitness pal can help with that.  You can catch the gains before they get too wild.  I'd be probably 20 pounds or more overweight if I hadn't been doing fitness pal when the pandemic started.  Daily it reminds me I can't sit and eat cookies.  

• Love 7

Right?  It's like, "you can have Culver's for dinner again but I am going to turn your sodium, fat, carbs and sugar into bright red numbers so you can see the error of your ways.  Enjoy!"  I hate when all those numbers turn red....which is actually a pretty powerful motivator.

• Love 7
On 1/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, DakotaJustice said:

I LOVE my Apple watch! It's become indispensable to me. Even when I'm not wearing it, it's a great nightstand alarm clock and wakes me very gently. 

Annnd I'm already obsessing over my activity on that watch. I did a run today even though I was in pain, nauseated and wound up vomiting. Because I HAD to get the requirements in. 

• Love 2

I bought a balance board at Aldi this past weekend for $12.99.  I was all - this will be good to stand on while I brush my teeth, etc., and help tone me up a bit!  It will be fun!

That board humbled me.  It is a CHALLENGE to stand on that thing!  There will be no brushing of teeth while on it until I figure out how to last longer than 5 seconds without falling off, but challenge accepted, LOL.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

That board humbled me.  It is a CHALLENGE to stand on that thing!  There will be no brushing of teeth while on it until I figure out how to last longer than 5 seconds without falling off, but challenge accepted, LOL.  

I got one after knee surgery nearly 20 years ago and I still cannot stay on very long, but it really helps develop & strengthen all the little muscles needed for good balance and fall prevention that we didn't even know we had.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Fantastic!!!

I'm still 3 pounds under goal weight and holding.  My autoimmune disorder is acting up today so I'm not doing any walking beyond what I have to getting through life.  Mom needed Depends, it's trash day, etc.

• Love 9
On 1/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, Gramto6 said:

11,748 steps yesterday. Yep, I think I am definitely back! 

1 hour ago, suomi said:

Is that an all-time high for what you've tracked here?

Congratulations!

No see above.  Thanks!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

8,990 steps yesterday.

Spent 2+ hours on the computer and phone trying to get a live person at Amazon. I ordered a birthday gift for one of my granddaughters and the package arrived cut open with contents gone. It shipped from an Amazon warehouse in Tracy, CA via Amazon delivery to Castro Valley, CA.It apparently never left Amazon's custody until the empty package was left on DD's porch. She was home to receive it right away. I suspect an Amazon employee took the contents.

4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

She was home to receive it right away. I suspect an Amazon employee took the contents.

I ordered two packs of KN95 masks from Amazon. Each pack contains 10 masks. Both of the packs came fully sealed last time. This time, both were open. I have to call Amazon now too.

ETA: They gave me a refund and promised if I reorder it won't happen again! 

Edited by Teafortwo
new development
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I ordered two packs of KN95 masks from Amazon. Each pack contains 10 masks. Both of the packs came fully sealed last time. This time, both were open. I have to call Amazon now too.

ETA: They gave me a refund and promised if I reorder it won't happen again! 

If you find a phone # that gets you to a live person please share.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

If you find a phone # that gets you to a live person please share.

I use 888-280-4331 and get a callback within 30 seconds (from an anonymous number, be brave).

They will put you on hold a few times during the call while they interact with their system but they 100% resolve your situation.

Big fan of Amazon CS. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

8,725 steps yesterday.

Finally found Amazon Chat and got my problem resolved right away. Thanks for the phone # @suomi It was different from the one DD sent me. I made note of it for future reference.

I like that number. The prompts ask if you're calling about an order, do you want someone to call you, should they use the number you're calling from. And then someone actually calls right away! So quickly that I've learned to take the phone with me and I can talk to Amazon while I pee (very softly).

They're working from home so probably every call they return justifies that. 

• Love 3
On 1/20/2021 at 9:08 AM, suomi said:

I use 888-280-4331 and get a callback within 30 seconds (from an anonymous number, be brave).

They will put you on hold a few times during the call while they interact with their system but they 100% resolve your situation.

Big fan of Amazon CS. 

You are lucky.  My mom had a package in limbo for over a month and she ended up having to drive to a sorting center to pick it up.  Only to be directed to another location, which they didn't give her the address to when she first called.  The other item she ordered is still somewhere out there.  She said she doesn't know if she will ever order from them again.

Your poor mom, what a bummer. It sounds like Amazon is losing has lost control of its hubs. They ship from so many locations but, jeez, standards should apply everywhere. I had two shipments disappear during the summer, I got refunds when I reported it and I re-ordered without a problem. I also had an order that arrived but was listed as waiting to ship so I called about that. 

I had good luck again tonight. I ordered powdered Lysine for my kitten who has FHV (chronic herpes). Her eyes are very small but she's lucky to even have them. The vet said don't give her Lysine because of associated issues. I started the return online but it was rejected. Called CS, explained, told them the jar is sealed. They said it's not eligible for return (because it's food) but they gave me a full refund and said maybe donate it somewhere. So I will see if the shelter wants it. I could tell that the rep was working from home because I heard kids in the background and someone shushing them. 

Misty Jolene was born in an alfalfa field last summer. While they were baling they spooked the mother who ran off and the baler ran over three kittens in a nest, she was the only survivor, 3-4 weeks old. Very serious herpes since birth so she will need oral and topical antivirals for as long as she lives. I can't detect any vision loss and I hope to keep it that way. She's 6 months old now, a beautiful tortie and hell on wheels. Pulls books from shelves and knocks frames off the walls. Climbs on anything to get high enough to throw herself at what's on the walls. Which I've decided will sit on the floor until she (hopefully) matures and calms down. The 16-year-old prim and proper cat is horrified and I'm like I know, I know. 

• Love 8

7,689 steps yesterday.

Took it really easy but I did find my ankle loosened up the more I walked.It feels better today, but still sore so taking it easy again today. My foot is a lovely shade of purple today...

• Love 5

7,689 steps yesterday.

Took it really easy but I did find my ankle loosened up the more I walked.It feels better today, but still sore so taking it easy again today. My foot is a lovely shade of purple today...

I’m so sorry, don’t push too hard. Hope it heals quickly!

• Love 10

Stuck in the house today.  We haz rain in southern California complete with thunder and lightning.  The dog and I were out for about five minutes between rain spells this morning so he could tinkle.  

• Love 5

Whenever I hear "normal" I think of some lines from Pleasantville.

David's Mom: When your father was here, I used to think, "This was it. This is the way it was always going to be. I had the right house. I had the right car. I had the right life."

David: There is no right house. There is no right car.

David's Mom: I'm 40 years old. I mean, it's not supposed to be like this.

David: It's not supposed to be anything.

David's Mom: How'd you get so smart all of a sudden?

We just do the best we can and soldier on without apology.

• Love 4