Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

I'm back to walking 2 1/2 miles every other day.  On the other days, I do my stationary bike.  I'll have to walk earlier with summer just around the corner.  May is such a pretty month with all the flowers blooming.  

• Love 8
On 5/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I'm back to walking 2 1/2 miles every other day.  On the other days, I do my stationary bike.  I'll have to walk earlier with summer just around the corner.  May is such a pretty month with all the flowers blooming.  

Stationary bikes can be hard! Mine gives me a better workout than many of my runs. 

I’m the same way, pretty much the same pattern. It’s getting hot here too, we’re already solidly in the 90s every afternoon. Outdoor workouts need to be done before the sun comes up (or bring an umbrella to keep the sun off). 

• Love 6

I just wanted to report that since the weather's gotten nice and I'm double vaccinated I've been out and about a lot and/or doing heavy work at home and have lost 5 pounds in about 2 months just watching what I eat and walking a lot. I don't know how much longer that will continue, though.  I usually reach a plateau and then have to really struggle to lose more after a few pounds.  I'm trying to remain optimistic, though.  I have a pedometer but it's really old and not so accurate so I'm putting a Fitbit on my birthday wish list, LOL.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

5,557 steps yesterday.  Feeling frustrated...

Please don't feel frustrated Gramto6, you have been consistently accountable and some of your loss of steps may be due to seasonal inertia.  I have never owned a step counting device but of late, I have tried to limit my hikes up and down the stairs in the house.  I have taken to assembling items to go up or down on the top or bottom steps to be carried on the next trip.  I justify this in my head by rationalizing that my knee replacement has a finite number (thanks Janelle) of movements before it wears out, and as I don't want to have the surgery again, I am wise to budget my steps.🤣

• Love 6

Thanks @Sandy W. I use a step counting app on my iPhone. I always have it in my  pocket as it is also my "Help, I've fallen and can't get up"  device. Have had some bad falls, fortunately not with huge injuries, but one never knows...

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Thanks @Sandy W. I use a step counting app on my iPhone. I always have it in my  pocket as it is also my "Help, I've fallen and can't get up"  device. Have had some bad falls, fortunately not with huge injuries, but one never knows...

Thank You Gramto6, I installed "Step Tracker", is that the one you use?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Thank You Gramto6, I installed "Step Tracker", is that the one you use?

The one I use is called Maipo it has a woman in green shorts and yellow long sleeve shirt on the opening page. I'm sure they all work about the same. This particular one is free which is why I like it... 🙂

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

The one I use is called Maipo it has a woman in green shorts and yellow long sleeve shirt on the opening page. I'm sure they all work about the same. This particular one is free which is why I like it... 🙂

Step Tracker says it's free too but wanted CC info "in case" I want to purchase something they advertise.  I used the Skip option on the request and it went through anyhow.  We'll see how it works out.  Thanks again.

Edited by Sandy W
spellingk
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

iphones have a built in activity tracker - no additional apps needed.

Yes I know that, sometimes it takes a bit for the Health app to update the step app. I don't have a lot of apps on my phone, I like the step app as it shows all time highs and history I don't see in the Health app as easily.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, xwordfanatik said:

My iPod does, too.  I sometimes forget to set it, though.

I love iPhone for this reason (combined with the Apple Watch). It tracks everything, even my sleep patterns. I can tell when my body is stressed before actually “feeling” it. 

The only thing I don’t like about Apple Watch is that it doesn’t take into account days you’re sick or injured. If you miss a workout due to illness, your streak is broken and it nags you. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

5,538 steps yesterday.

I don’t always take the time to like your step reports but I so admire your persistance!! I saw you were disappointed not to do more lately but you are amazing!! Keep going and know you inspire us ❤️ 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden said:

I don’t always take the time to like your step reports but I so admire your persistance!! I saw you were disappointed not to do more lately but you are amazing!! Keep going and know you inspire us ❤️ 

Thank you! I have been discouraged lately but I will keep on pushing forward...

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

6,428 steps yesterday.

Today is my 72nd Birthday! I'm going to try for a higher step count to celebrate...

Happy Birthday Gramto6!  💐  Eat cake🎂 tomorrow's another day.

• Love 5
On 6/4/2021 at 8:56 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Happy Happy to you both, Gemini gals!

My ex-BIL and dad are/were Geminis.  Great sense of humor, both of them.

Haha I’m a true Gemini. I can go from doing sloppy fieldwork in shoddy, worn-out cargos to glamming up in a sequin dress, heels and hair extensions. It’s actually fun to have 2 sides. 

• Love 6
On 6/3/2021 at 2:05 PM, Gramto6 said:

6,428 steps yesterday.

Today is my 72nd Birthday! I'm going to try for a higher step count to celebrate...

On 6/4/2021 at 10:51 AM, TurtlePower said:

Mine was yesterday too. Happy birthday Gram ;) 

Happy belated Birthday!!!

• Love 6