Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Could you possibly have the surgery in CA where the kids could care for you between shifts? 

I had one knee replaced about 5 years ago and never looked back.  I waited until all the cartilage was gone and was grinding bone on bone, sorry now that I waited so long...all that unnecessary pain.  I think it was about 3 days in hospital, they didn't release me until I could navigate a flight of stairs.  The only side effect is that I can't kneel on that one knee and had to devise creative ways to scrub the bathtub.

My thoughts are with you, and I have even more respect for your accomplishments all things considered.

Both of my kids have 3 kids of their own and go in so many directions I don't want to be a bother. The other problem is I am feeding 5 feral cats 3 of which are kittens and I can't leave them alone. 

Also other problem is I am not vaccinated yet due to issues with anaphylaxis. Not sure it is safe for me and my drs can't say  it is.. just that it  "shouldn't" be a problem. Not confidence inspiring. I don't ever want to go through that again, I thought I was dying on the floor of my own home. It was a terrifying experience! Not an anti vaxxer at all, but afraid of a possible reaction. 

• Useful 4
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Both of my kids have 3 kids of their own and go in so many directions I don't want to be a bother. The other problem is I am feeding 5 feral cats 3 of which are kittens and I can't leave them alone. 

Also other problem is I am not vaccinated yet due to issues with anaphylaxis. Not sure it is safe for me and my drs can't say  it is.. just that it  "shouldn't" be a problem. Not confidence inspiring. I don't ever want to go through that again, I thought I was dying on the floor of my own home. It was a terrifying experience! Not an anti vaxxer at all, but afraid of a possible reaction. 

Taking this to small talk...........

• Love 1

Gram, I hope you're on the mend, it sounds like you are.  I took my 2 1/2 mile walk today, for the first time in over a week.  The smoke was so bad on many days that we couldn't even see the hillsides around us.  I'm very glad I have a stationary bike for those indoor days.

• Love 6

Ginger is great for tummy upset.  I keep a jar of organic sliced ginger in the fridge, and a bag of GinGin double strength ginger candies in the truck.  The slices work in about 15-20 minutes while the candies take about 20.  Ginger is also good to keep your upper respiratory system clean and helps with bodily inflammation.  😉

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A nap is needed when that happens! I’m a firm believer in this. 😁

Yeah, I know, and usually it doesn't bother me.  But I didn't wake up until just a bit after 6AM so it messed with  my whole day today...

• Love 3