Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

6,800 steps yesterday. A round number...doesn't often happen.

My knee has overall been much better, but for some reason yesterday it was very achy. Today it seems better so far.

I always think I should buy Lotto tickets when I spend an even amount at the grocery store (but I don't.)  It was $70.00 the other day.

Here's hoping your knee will get better every day!  My back has been spasm-ing out the last few days.  I need to get out the exercises that the Dr. gave me last time I complained about it.  Riding my indoor cycle doesn't seem to irritate it, and with snow/ice on the streets/sidewalks, I do indoor biking instead of walking outside.  

• Love 8
On 1/22/2022 at 12:31 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I always think I should buy Lotto tickets when I spend an even amount at the grocery store (but I don't.)  It was $70.00 the other day.

Here's hoping your knee will get better every day!  My back has been spasm-ing out the last few days.  I need to get out the exercises that the Dr. gave me last time I complained about it.  Riding my indoor cycle doesn't seem to irritate it, and with snow/ice on the streets/sidewalks, I do indoor biking instead of walking outside.  

I have spinal disc issues and love my indoor cycle, too. When I can’t run it’s a lifesaver and it’s great for cross training. 

• Love 6

7,435 steps yesterday (Wednesday). Kind of surprised as my knee has been kind of wonky the last couple of days. Trying to take it really easy.

I missed posting yesterday somehow, 7,247 steps Tuesday.

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sounds go @Gramto6 ! How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good these days. As long as I can stay home, I am a happy camper. I do have to go up to town Friday to see the Ophthalmologist for my diabetes eye check. Up and back as fast as i can!! 

• Love 9

6,862 steps yesterday. Lots of sitting around at the dr's office and driving back and forth took up a lot of walking time.

Turns out I have a serious cataract in my left eye and need surgery asap. I am very afraid of anything being done around my eyes so am very nervous about the whole thing...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Turns out I have a serious cataract in my left eye and need surgery asap. I am very afraid of anything being done around my eyes so am very nervous about the whole thing...

I've had both eyes done.  With the first, I was nervous too and the doctor prescribed a single tranquilizer to be taken some time before the first surgery.  I sailed through it and actually found the peripheral light show quite amazing.  No pain whatsoever and didn't need any medication for the 2nd treatment a week or so later.  Good Luck!  I hope your surgery goes as well as mine did.

• Love 12

I had eye surgery a few years ago (not cataract). I’m a baby when it comes to putting drops in my own eyes, or having someone else do it . I can administer them to someone else with the greatest of ease. 😂🤣 For me the worst related to the surgery was those darn drops! 

• Love 7

I hear you about the drops. Yesterday I got drops to dilate my eyes, then later more drops to numb the eyes for another test, then a saline wash for another test...all I wanted to do at that point was run from the place as fast as I could!!

• Love 6