Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

14,489 steps yesterday.

Congratulations!!! This has been an amazing comeback week for you.  I would like some of whatever you are taking.🤣  Please tell me it's not Plexus!

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Congratulations!!! This has been an amazing comeback week for you.  I would like some of whatever you are taking.🤣  Please tell me it's not Plexus!

No Plexus ever!! I got rid of some black mold I didn't know was there, guess it was making me sick. Now I am back to normal.

• Love 7

I just did my indoor bike ride.  It's been close or over 100 degrees the last couple of weeks, and now we're getting smoke from all the wildfires out west here.  Ugh!  Air quality is just too shitty now to even walk outside.  

Gram is inspirational, and I agree with Sandy.  No Plexus for me, either!😁

• Love 9
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I just did my indoor bike ride.  It's been close or over 100 degrees the last couple of weeks, and now we're getting smoke from all the wildfires out west here.  Ugh!  Air quality is just too shitty now to even walk outside.  

Gram is inspirational, and I agree with Sandy.  No Plexus for me, either!😁

I love my indoor cycle. That workout is really hard sometimes. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

How’s your knee?

My knees are accidents waiting to happen. Most days they are great but once in a while I'll take a step and one will buckle under me. Runner and nationally competitive gymnast in college. Later and avid hiker/backpacker while continuing to run. I killed those poor knees and now I am paying for it. 

My Endocrinologist has had both of his knees replaced and keeps recommending it to me.  When it gets so bad I can't walk, I may consider surgery. Problem is I am a widow and a hermit and don't really have anyone to help me through recovery. I'm in MT both kids have high profile first responder jobs in CA and I doubt they can get away for any length of time. So I hobble when I need to and walk when I can...

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

My knees are accidents waiting to happen. Most days they are great but once in a while I'll take a step and one will buckle under me. Runner and nationally competitive gymnast in college. Later and avid hiker/backpacker while continuing to run. I killed those poor knees and now I am paying for it. 

My Endocrinologist has had both of his knees replaced and keeps recommending it to me.  When it gets so bad I can't walk, I may consider surgery. Problem is I am a widow and a hermit and don't really have anyone to help me through recovery. I'm in MT both kids have high profile first responder jobs in CA and I doubt they can get away for any length of time. So I hobble when I need to and walk when I can...

Could you possibly have the surgery in CA where the kids could care for you between shifts? 

I had one knee replaced about 5 years ago and never looked back.  I waited until all the cartilage was gone and was grinding bone on bone, sorry now that I waited so long...all that unnecessary pain.  I think it was about 3 days in hospital, they didn't release me until I could navigate a flight of stairs.  The only side effect is that I can't kneel on that one knee and had to devise creative ways to scrub the bathtub.

My thoughts are with you, and I have even more respect for your accomplishments all things considered.

• Love 4

My mom who is now 81 had knee replacement right after I had a stroke and couldnt fly down to CA to help.   She held off for for several years and wishes she hadn’t.  She considers it life changing!    All your daily walking will really help with your recovery.

• Love 1