Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

I just wanted to poke my head in to say that I just got a smart watch with my new cell phone on a great promotion that has a step tracker in it.  Since getting it this afternoon I logged in 550 steps just going out to eat and coming home, LOL.

Belated birthday wishes to the "Gemini girls".  My Mom was a Gemini, so I get it!

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

6,381 steps yesterday. 

Was really sick yesterday, couldn't keep any food down, kind of surprised I got that many steps in. Feel better today but will take it easy.

Glad you are feeling better today and you are right to take it easy today.  You deserve a break, have a relaxing weekend.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

6,381 steps yesterday. 

Was really sick yesterday, couldn't keep any food down, kind of surprised I got that many steps in. Feel better today but will take it easy.

Hope you are back to feeling 100% soon!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Glad you are feeling better today and you are right to take it easy today.  You deserve a break, have a relaxing weekend.

Thanks! On top of feeling bad yesterday, last night I just couldn't get to sleep and I didn't want to put Benadryl on my iffy stomach, so am pretty rough today

• Love 4
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

Gramto6, how do you resist stopping at 6500 or taking more steps to hit 7000?

I walk every hour in the house, when I go out to grocery shop/run errands I get quite a few more steps in. My goal in my step counter is still set for 10,000 steps, but lately I haven't been getting there. I just do what I can each day and am pleased with the result.

6,963 steps yesterday.

• Love 11
On 6/25/2021 at 8:44 AM, Gramto6 said:

Thanks! On top of feeling bad yesterday, last night I just couldn't get to sleep and I didn't want to put Benadryl on my iffy stomach, so am pretty rough today

FYI Benadryl can act like an enti-emetic. I used to take it all the time for nausea and vomiting. 

Hope you start to feel better! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

So, we’re moving to Long Island and life has become a little stressy! From now and the time we go, I’ll only have 7 days off from work 😱.

During times like this my workouts and nutrition are a priority, I’ve never had issues there.  Where I fail is allowing myself to be pulled in all different directions because I can’t say “no” oftentimes. 

This is my one day off each week and there’s so much to do. About to start an hourlong cardio to start with and go from there. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

So, we’re moving to Long Island and life has become a little stressy! From now and the time we go, I’ll only have 7 days off from work 😱.

During times like this my workouts and nutrition are a priority, I’ve never had issues there.  Where I fail is allowing myself to be pulled in all different directions because I can’t say “no” oftentimes. 

This is my one day off each week and there’s so much to do. About to start an hourlong cardio to start with and go from there. 

That is a big move! Best of luck with it and I'm glad you're prioritizing your workouts and nutrition. Moving is a double whammy of physical/emotional.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

That really is a big move! Hope it goes well and you can remain as stress free as possible.

5,678 steps yesterday. 

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

That is a big move! Best of luck with it and I'm glad you're prioritizing your workouts and nutrition. Moving is a double whammy of physical/emotional.

19 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

That really is a big move! Hope it goes well and you can remain as stress free as possible.

5,678 steps yesterday. 

Thank you and yes it is (a big move). We’re doing it for career advancement and we’re both sick of the desert (14 years desert dwellers). Dealing with overly hot summer 8 months out of the year is getting more and more difficult, especially after covid last year—my ability to handle extreme heat was affected, so now if I don’t get my running in before the sun wakes up I may as well not bother. I could run with an umbrella but, WIND. 

There’s great places to run out there and I might try a mini triathlon, so there’s that to look forward to. We’ll be very close to the ocean and I was a beach lifeguard in my younger years (yay to swimming and beach running). A bit worried about storms but, it’ll always be something no matter where one lives! 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

You are doing great!  Even more so, if it's in the 90's where you are (it is where I am, and that is too hot for me.)  Thank heaven for A/C!

Thanks! Yes, in 90's here and no a/c at my house.  I usually walk in the house, but yesterday was errand day and grocery shopping so lots more steps.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Thanks! Yes, in 90's here and no a/c at my house.  I usually walk in the house, but yesterday was errand day and grocery shopping so lots more steps.

Awwww. It’s hard when it’s so hot with no AC. 

• Love 5