Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

Oh gramto6!  Hope you take it easy while you recover!  

I fell off a step ladder two days ago while decorating my tree with my middle grandson who is 5.   Nothing hurt except my pride!  Was a little sore yesterday.   Balance is lacking sometimes after my stroke.  

• Love 6

Uh huh, a likely story!  You were really chasing 'round those gorgeous cowboys that live up in your neck of the woods!  I'm on to ya!  🤠

May I join you for a spell?  Love those cowboys! 😛

Get better soon, hun.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • LOL 7
52 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

4,985 steps yesterday.

Knee felt better at first but the more I move around the worse it feels. Just going to keep on taking it easy.

Who am I  to be offering advice when I do not have any kind of fitness program for myself...but speaking as someone who has had knee replacement surgery, it sounds like a few days off may be good for you.  Last thing you want is to be laid up over the holidays because you pushed too hard.

We all have the greatest admiration for your earnest efforts and accountability. Stay well.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

@Gramto6 You rock, your dedication and tenacity is amazing.

I tried to do one of those 10K step challenges, brought myself a pedometer after the 2nd day I forgot I left it clipped in my waistband and went to use the restroom and knocked it in the toilet. 

Thanks! That is why I use a phone app to count my steps...my phone is also my "Help I've fallen and can't get up" device (always in my pocket). So far yes, I have fallen but always able to get up. But when phone dies, no step counting. From previous days I'm estimating 1,500 to 2,000 steps this morning.

I'm wondering if my charger is wearing out? Most times it charges just fine but once in a while it doesn't charge in the bedroom, only in the living room outlet. Kind of frustrating as I don't have a landline, not that I make many calls at all....

• Love 4

I walk in the mornings with my dog, coffee and flashlight, I could use my phone but don't. There is a site called mapometer which I can use to see and plan my route walk. Unfortunately its still dark at 6am, but I did 1.39 miles on the neighborhood route I did today. I try to stay on the streets that have lighting, but it far and few between. I am still working from home so if I count the times I walk from my desk to the fridge, that could be another mile! I kid, I am not Janelle so my trips to the fridge are usually for water.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I walk in the mornings with my dog, coffee and flashlight, I could use my phone but don't. There is a site called mapometer which I can use to see and plan my route walk. Unfortunately its still dark at 6am, but I did 1.39 miles on the neighborhood route I did today. I try to stay on the streets that have lighting, but it far and few between. I am still working from home so if I count the times I walk from my desk to the fridge, that could be another mile! I kid, I am not Janelle so my trips to the fridge are usually for water.

I tend to use my phone and Apple Watch. I love that watch, it’s helping me with so many trends including heart rate (which can clue me in to when I am having an inflammatory response or possibly getting sick) and sleep (I have chronic insomnia, averaging 5 hours a night). 

Because I run, most days I have 20,000 steps or more but some days I use the indoor cycle instead and don’t worry too much about the steps. Getting older and with slower recovery time, I really should not be running every day especially with a marathon coming up next year (it’s a compulsion I’m trying to overcome). Rest days are important for increasing mileage. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

@gramto6 how is your knee holding up?  Steps going back up.  

Today it is sorer than it was yesterday, but overall it is gradually getting better.  I'm still not pushing getting the number up, just doing what I can.

• Love 6