Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Yellowstone: Y Times and Misdemeanors

• Start Topic

There will be a prequel series on Paramount+.

‘Yellowstone’ Prequel ‘Y: 1883’ Set For Paramount+ In New Taylor Sheridan Deal – Deadline

Y: 1883 follows the Dutton family as they embark on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America. It is a stark retelling of Western expansion, and an intense study of one family fleeing poverty to seek a better future in America’s promised land: Montana.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Yellowstone’ Prequel ‘1883’ To Star Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill

Elliott is always great and McGraw is actually a very decent actor.  The only acting job I've ever seen Faith Hill in was that Nicole Kidman remake of The Stepford Wives several years ago.  She was awful.  AWFUL.  Hopefully, she's taken some acting  lessons in the interim. 

I'm so glad they finally announced a date.  I have a feeling the timing was based on using Yellowstone to promote 1883.  I probably won't be watching 1883 because I refuse to subscribe and pay for Paramount+   I don't know why they can't show it on Paramount (which I already pay for with my cable) but I'm not getting sucked into all these streaming services.  Everyone and their uncle has one these days.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm so glad they finally announced a date.  I have a feeling the timing was based on using Yellowstone to promote 1883.  I probably won't be watching 1883 because I refuse to subscribe and pay for Paramount+   I don't know why they can't show it on Paramount (which I already pay for with my cable) but I'm not getting sucked into all these streaming services.  Everyone and their uncle has one these days.

I'm bummed that it's on streaming but I refuse to pay for it or any other streaming service.   Like you said, I already pay for Paramount with my cable.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm bummed that it's on streaming but I refuse to pay for it or any other streaming service.   Like you said, I already pay for Paramount with my cable.

I hope there will be more of us and that TPTB get the message.

• Love 4

Yet again, I'm watching reruns of the episodes on Paramount, and I realize even more how much I'm tired of Beth.  She is poison and I don't care about her poor, pitiful backstory.  I sincerely hope we see less of her this season.  Hopefully she'll be in the hospital due to her injuries from the bombing, since I'm pretty sure she won't be killed off, and we'll just see her periodically when someone visits.  I also don't need to see much of Mopey Monica either and I hope she just stays in the background.   

I'd love to see more of the interactions between the guys in the bunkhouse.  Other than the buckle bunnies of last season, do these guys even see other women?  Maybe someone is gay, that would be an interesting storyline.  Add another woman to give Teeter some competition for Colby, lol.  I'd watch a spinoff show with these folks.  

Edited by Crashcourse
Oops, Colby, not Cody
  • Love 2

And I never tire of Beth.   She is awesome.  Now that she's officially with RIP I couldn't be happier for the two of them.   I'm hoping we get to see their wedding before the series ends.

• Love 3
On 9/8/2021 at 2:17 AM, AnnA said:

And I never tire of Beth.   She is awesome.  Now that she's officially with RIP I couldn't be happier for the two of them.   I'm hoping we get to see their wedding before the series ends.

Same. The show would not be as great if not for the oumph Kelly Reilly brings to the character of Beth. Her lines are epic. Every. Single. One. 

I however rarely these days get bothered by characters I don't like/enjoy. I can just turn to another show & save me (& others) from complaining. Jamie is obviously the character I like the least but if he wasn't on the show it wouldn't be the same & I might not have started to like Beth as much so in the end everyone's needed. 

So looking forward to the new season. Bring it. 

• Love 3
On 9/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think the Yellowstone land and views are beautiful and breathtaking, but that house is hideous.  

I like the house

On 9/26/2021 at 8:58 PM, ShortyMac said:

Is there a thread for 1883?  I hope we don't have to share this one with another show.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:46 AM, Crashcourse said:

Agreed.  I wonder if they will realise that they are missing out on a LOT of potential viewers for 1883.  I don't understand why they can't have it on their pay service first, and then air on regular Paramount a month or so later.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, blackwing said:

Agreed.  I wonder if they will realise that they are missing out on a LOT of potential viewers for 1883.  I don't understand why they can't have it on their pay service first, and then air on regular Paramount a month or so later.

I'm hoping it will be like Discovery+  - I've noticed a lot of the food network and HGTV shows that streamed last year are now on the cable channel.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:51 PM, blackwing said:

Let's not forget that the "regular Paramount" is a cable channel that we're paying for now.   They want us to double pay for two (2) Paramount channels and I will not do it!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

Why the heck isn't this running on Paramount+???  Fortunately we still have cable but now I'm wondering what the point of P+ is if they can't run one of their own most popular original dramas.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

On 10/11/2021 at 5:51 PM, blackwing said:

I am bummed about 1883 because we live in a very rural area and streaming is flat out impossible out here in the boonies. We get our Internet through satellite and it is slow, unreliable and buffers constantly. My husband is crushed because his favorite show, Seal Team, moved to Paramount+ too. I don’t understand why they can’t broadcast these shows both places—cable or DirectTV, etc, for those of us who are left with only that option and on the streaming service for those who have opted to cut the cord.