Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Yellowstone: Y Times and Misdemeanors

• Start Topic

On 6/3/2023 at 7:41 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I saw ads advertising it as back on May 25, but it wasn’t. If they pushed it back to November, why are they running ads saying May 25?

I know they ran a full series marathon for Memorial Day weekend and had been promoting that quite a bit, maybe that's what you saw?

Taylor Sheridan Does Whatever He Wants: “I Will Tell My Stories My Way”

“I spent the first 37 years of my life compromising,” Sheridan shoots back. “When I quit acting, I decided that I am going to tell my stories my way, period. If you don’t want me to tell them, fine. Give them back and I’ll find someone who does — or I won’t, and then I’ll read them in some freaking dinner theater. But I won’t compromise. There is no compromising.”

8C91F1D2-3339-48C3-A8F7-94FCCE1D5C8C.jpeg

• Useful 1
(edited)

He is being dragged online for that interview. Not only for claiming responsibility for a piece of legislation that Native American women have been spearheading for years, but for berating writers during a writers strike. 

Edited by mledawn
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

I read this morning that CBS is going to air Yellowstone Season 1 this fall, presumably because they have nothing else to show.  Can you imagine how much cleaning up that will take, to be suitable for network television? 

• LOL 5
On 6/24/2023 at 8:34 PM, mledawn said:

He is being dragged online for that interview. Not only for claiming responsibility for a piece of legislation that Native American women have been spearheading for years, but for berating writers during a writers strike. 

I came her to post about that so I will just paste it here what I wrote

Cross posting

Listening to a podcast about the writers strike, with one of the writers for Bear, interesting fact: Taylor Sheridan is NOT supporting the strike (neither is Ryan Murphy). They are producers who make a lot of money on the backs of the workers and don't want to give in an inch of their profits. 

I never liked him, now I know he is a real douche.

I have a lot of criticism about the writing in shows but that's a result of costs being cut, the non-existence of writers room where thy can discuss plots and stories, the lack of a head writer with more experience to guide the new ones, the pressure to deliver (assembly line style)

All the producers, millionaires and billionaires, would still be millionaires and billionaires if they paid the workers a living wage. Bunch of assholes

• Like 4

‘Yellowstone’ Final Episodes Move to November 2024, Spinoffs ‘1944’ and ‘2024’ Ordered

The final episodes of “Yellowstone” are now slated to air in November 2024.

In addition, Paramount has greenlit two new spinoff series — “1944” and a contemporary series currently titled “2024.” As with the flagship show, the new shows are produced by MTV Entertainment Studios and 101 Studios.

It was announced in May that Taylor Sheridan’s megahit Paramount Network series “Yellowstone” would be ending with its fifth season. Paramount had announced prior to that the fifth season would be split into two parts. The first eight episodes aired from November 2022-January 2023. The show has been unable to return to production since due to the writers’ strike and then the SAG-AFTRA strike. The writers’ strike was resolved in September, while the actors’ strike is ongoing.

As expected, another year until we see the 'second half' of season 5.  It was supposed to be 6 episodes, I wonder how many we will really get.

I only watched one episode of '1883' and none of '1923', and I doubt I'll watch the new ones, especially if they are on a premium streaming service.  Haven't really watched any of his other stuff. Watched a few episodes of the Sylvester Stallone mobster one, but once it went to Paramount+ we were done. Watched the first episode of 'Mayor of Kingstown' because Kyle Chander was in it...

We'll watch the end of 'Yellowstone' to see how Sheridan wraps all this up, but then I'm done.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

That's really far. I guess the actors are still on strike, but still. 

Yes, even if Sheridan has them written now that the writers strike is over, the actors are still on strike. But even if they settled today, it's winter in Montana for the next six months, so they probably won't be able to do much filming until next summer.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/yellowstone-restart-production-spring-2024-1235793113/

“Yellowstone” is officially gearing up to go back into production.

The megahit Paramount Network show will resume production on the final episodes of its fifth and final season in late spring 2024.

This is the latest series to announce a return to production, with many scrambling to get back to work now that the dual writers’ and actors’ strikes that shut down Hollywood for months have been resolved. Many shows, especially on the broadcast side, are getting into shooting new seasons in the coming weeks to salvage the spring network schedules.

It was previously announced that the final episodes of “Yellowstone” are slated to debut in November 2024, with Paramount greenlighting two new shows — the prequel “1944” and a contemporary series currently titled “2024.” Reruns of “Yellowstone” are also currently airing on CBS.

• Like 2

I gotta wonder how they're going to pull off a new "2024" series since the original recipe is set more or less in the present day. With John being written out for these last episodes, settling the ownership and direction of the ranch will probably be the theme for the remaining scripts. Then what? They sell the land and a new chapter begins? Or turn it into the Rip and Beth Ranch? I'd watch the shit out of those two dysfunctional characters, but I don't think you can build a series with them as leads.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I'd watch the shit out of those two dysfunctional characters, but I don't think you can build a series with them as leads.

I'd watch the shit out of that show, too, especially considering that this pair will be the only takeaway from the show that I will actually remember by the time the rest of it ever airs.  I've already forgotten mostly everything about it and then once I heard that Costner was out, I stopped trying to even care.

• Like 2
(edited)

Probably one of those situations where they don’t really want to do it so they ask for a lot of money… If they don’t get the job, they’re fine (because they didn’t really want it) but if they do, they get a tonne of cash. Good for them.

Edited by mledawn
  • Like 3
On 2/7/2024 at 3:03 PM, Crashcourse said:

Meh, I'm not interested in seeing Kelly Reilly, Cole Hauser or Luke Grimes in anything else after Yellowstone.

That's part of the reason they want to make the money now.  Who knows what, if anything, will come along again that good.  Can't blame them.  

• Like 1

Production for the final season of Yellowstone is set to start in May, with a possible November premiere date.

Season 5, Part 2 will address various unresolved storylines, including John Dutton's struggles and divided family dynamics.

• Love 1

Kevin Costner Makes First Comments About His ‘Yellowstone’ Fate

“I’d like to be able to do it but we haven’t been able to … I thought I was going to make seven [seasons] but right now we’re at five. So how it works out — I hope it does — but they’ve got a lot of different shows going on. Maybe it will. Maybe this will circle back to me. If it does and I feel really comfortable with [it], I’d love to do it.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1