Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Liar, Liar

• Start Topic

Kristianna makes a life-changing decision.  Tyrice faces off against his disapproving family. A parole condition devastates Maurice. Quaylon reunites with Shavel and his mother. Destinie catches Shawn in a shocking lie.

Puh-lease let Kristianna's life-changing decision be to run as far away from John and his smudge sticks as possible. Hmm . . .I am thinking perhaps Shawn forgot to mention almost everything about himself - working class, slew o' kids, ex he never married. And finally we get to see Tyrice shout about whether or not he would let a motherfucker use him.  Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.  

Original air date 2020.08.07

• Love 5

The camera people did a great job of getting shots of Scott's bald spot, hanging gut, and whatever TF is hanging below his nose.  Lindsey really missed a chance.  Between the slobber you know he would soak her with and a cold steak and mashed potatoes, she missed out on quite the welcome.  Hmm, did she not get on the plane so she could get some motherfucking crack? How I imagine their meeting would look.

giphy.gif

Kristianna actually married John.  What is wrong with her?  Between the attempt to squeeze into a too small dress, the ceremony, reloading the truck, then finally taking off, no surprise she's late to get to the halfway house.  We should start a pool on when she'll be back in prison. 

Tyrice, I have a few hints for you.  That underwear isn't going to fit your fat bottom girl.  Also, she might want something more comfortable rather than butt floss.  Maybe don't go to a sex shop to buy underwear?  Also, she's the same age as your son.  Creepy much?  I will say Tyrice's son has gorgeous, think hair.   

Destinie was pounding the drinks.  I'm going to say addiction is very active for her.  Her mother is rough looking.  She could challenge Angela in the how bad can you look category.  No surprise that Shawn lied about his kids and his age.  

I did like the absolute joy Quaylon's mother showed.  There is so much BS on this show, it was nice to see honest emotion.  What does his eyebrow tattoo say? That is, other than I make bad choices.

• LOL 9
  • Love 12

Well, the truck marriage wasn't legal since they didn't have a license, but at least she says she has perky titties (she is in the lead for smartest cast member ever for covering the camera). 

I do like Quaylon's mom.  She was so rational last week when she apologized for getting heated, and she was so joyful this week.

Dear rough mom, 27 is no longer a "girl".  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

What does his eyebrow tattoo say? That is, other than I make bad choices.

I think it says "Loyalty".
Which is, you know, totally not a gang thing. 😉

• Love 7

Looks like next week, ALL the wimmins disappear. All the guys are running around saying, "Where is she?" including newlywed dude.

I do hope she made it to the halfway house in time. He needed to slow his roll so she wasn't taking any chances. But she should have said no. What is this? Married at First Sight without the "counselors?"

• Love 9

Maurice is so personable and so handsome. I am going to need him to get to Vegas and have that wife of his get a voice transplant. And then I would watch a spinoff of them. He reminds me of my cousin. Who isn’t here with us anymore( fucking cancer) my cousin was incarcerated at 20 years old til he was 30 years old. It wasn’t Easy staying straight. The job situation, family isn’t always able to help y, u have to change your circle, etc. He did it tho. 

Now “native Ways freak” is an issue. He’s not good at all. And Shawn is a bigger douche than sewed in lips, who is clearly just a John type of relationship  and that hasn’t changed with Lins. That date he had with the limo driver is prob the most authentic he had in years. 
I despise Shawn. 
Catch Ty has attractive children and does look a little like Mr. Cain. He needs to take his ass to church and find himself a “good butt” there. Since he’s looking for cuddles and kindness. 🙄

• Love 7
Just now, lamujerdecente said:

Maurice is so personable and so handsome. I am going to need him to get to Vegas and have that wife of his get a voice transplant. And then I would watch a spinoff of them. He reminds me of my cousin. Who isn’t here with us anymore( fucking cancer) my cousin was incarcerated at 20 years old til he was 30 years old. It wasn’t Easy staying straight. The job situation, family isn’t always able to help y, u have to change your circle, etc. He did it tho. 

Now “native Ways freak” is an issue. He’s not good at all. And Shawn is a bigger douche than sewed in lips, who is clearly just a John type of relationship  and that hasn’t changed with Lins. That date he had with the limo driver is prob the most authentic he had in years. 
I despise Shawn. 
Catch Ty has attractive children and does look a little like Mr. Cain. He needs to take his ass to church and find himself a “good butt” there. Since he’s looking for cuddles and kindness. 🙄

Qualude’s mom (I love this name) is a lovely lady. So is shavel’s mom, poor Lin’s grandma, mylie grace and catch Ty’s amiga, Tangy. I loved how Tangy kept calling, ty’s little inmate lover, young lady. Juxtaposition that to how Baby girl Lisa or big ang speak about any woman, “bitch” “females”, etc.

I am a sucker for someone with some manners and sense. 

• Love 6

I think Shawn is in the running for stupidest cast member, ever. Now adding liar to the mix, as well as gaslighter. What an ass. 

Maurice reminds me of Shane from last season, except slightly smarter. I'm assuming this drama about the parole is all for cameras. When you're released, wouldn't you have already gotten parole to where your wife lives? And he was making it sound like the parole office said no, but what they really said was, sure, as soon as the paperwork goes through. There's no drama in that, though, so cue the hysterics from Jessica. 

John is really scary. On the first episode, it said he was a youth services counselor? What does that mean and who in their right mind would let him work with children??

The limo drivers are the real heroes this season. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Anonysaurus said:

Maurice reminds me of Shane from last season, except slightly smarter. I'm assuming this drama about the parole is all for cameras. When you're released, wouldn't you have already gotten parole to where your wife lives? And he was making it sound like the parole office said no, but what they really said was, sure, as soon as the paperwork goes through. There's no drama in that, though, so cue the hysterics from Jessica. 

Maurice's entitled attitude is typical of a lot of people in prison.  They don't think they should have to work for money, so they steal it.  Then they go to prison.  And if they haven't learned to drop the attitude, they come out with the same sense of entitlement that got them into trouble in the first place.  ALL of us have had to wait for paperwork at some time or another, and a polite attitude gets your paperwork moving a lot faster than swearing and whining.  The people who handle the paperwork have some discretion as to how fast they move on it, and if they are given a hard time, the whiner's paperwork can easily find it's way to the bottom of the stack . . . and it can stay there for a l-o-n-g time.

• Love 12

Maurice should have arranged for a better parole location before he was released.  So yeah, now he has to wait for the paperwork to be processed and to see if it is approved.  He likely would have needed help from a lawyer to take care of this while in or should have sought the counsel of a more seasoned guest of the state to help him with the process.  He seems so young to me.  His state of mind did not progress while he was in prison.  He just stopped developing at 17.  Which is of course a reason he should not be immediately married (and potentially have kids).  He needs someplace safe to live where he can have normal youthful experiences and grow up. Age alone does not equal growth. 

He is a handsome young man.  Jessica, honey, he is going to sow some wild oats with folks that are not you. 

• Love 9

I appreciate that the majority the “ tricks” are men this season. It’s such a trope that woman would get scammed for love so I like seeing the shoe on the other foot.  And it’s actually satisfying that these losers who think they are such catches that they deserve someone 20 years younger are being taken to the cleaners. Also satisfying that the women they’re attracting are going to be as surprised as Lizzie that they’ve already emptied the pockets of their prey.

• Love 8

If you are on parole and decide to flee the state you are supposed to be staying in until you are granted a change of venue for reporting to your parole officer, is having it all on film a good thing?

Check one: ______YES  _________NO

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2

Destinee"s mom seems like a drug addict, something about her was far,far too hopped up for me.  

Props to her sister for trying to sell a rap sheet as a positive and lack of a rap sheet as a sign of a hidden agenda.  I guess everyone is just shitty in the world?

I think destinees mom had good points.  

Destinee looks like a troll.  She doesn't have a pretty face so I guess she needs to lose those extra lbs fast!,

I'm not going to hate on kristiana for marrying John.  Divorce and annulment could only benefit her.  

If I were Maurice's PO, I'd grant a parole transfer, being around the same people and the same environment is likely to lead to trouble.  But saying that he wants to go to Vegas anyways is not a good look.  

Awww, princess victim Lindsay didn't make it.  

The flight arrived at like 830.  They couldn't get a decent restaurant meal at that time?  Doesn't look like this was filmed during the pandemic.  

Honestly, I'd rather have a low key IHOP meal than eating cold steaks in the back or a cheesy Hummer limo.  

I literally LOL at that driver eating the cake and "mm hmm'ing" Scott.  He didn't stop eating once.  Good on you man. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I appreciate that the majority the “ tricks” are men this season. It’s such a trope that woman would get scammed for love so I like seeing the shoe on the other foot.  And it’s actually satisfying that these losers who think they are such catches that they deserve someone 20 years younger are being taken to the cleaners. Also satisfying that the women they’re attracting are going to be as surprised as Lizzie that they’ve already emptied the pockets of their prey.

This.  It's fun to watch when there is no one to root for.  I can just sit back and watch the tinder and the flame meet together in life's giant dumpster.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Anonysaurus said:

I think Shawn is in the running for stupidest cast member, ever. Now adding liar to the mix, as well as gaslighter. What an ass. 

John is really scary. On the first episode, it said he was a youth services counselor? What does that mean and who in their right mind would let him work with children??

The limo drivers are the real heroes this season. 

I feel like friend Hector is going to be the real MVP this season. 

I think John is one of those guys who works out of a panel van with teen runaways.  It's admirable work, but there is something a little....off about him.  

I think Maurice was annoyed that the paperwork took longer than a month and he couldn't get an exception.  

But yeah ,I thought parole plans had to be ironed out prior to release, so where exactly is he SUPPOSED to be staying?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I literally LOL at that driver eating the cake and "mm hmm'ing" Scott.  He didn't stop eating once.  Good on you man. 

Red velvet, how romantic.  Scott might be better off hooking up with the limo driver.

i think someone mentioned this before, but unless Tyrice shops at vintage stores, that Class of 78 jacket would make him either 60 If it was high school or 56 If it was eighth grade.  He does look older than 48 to me and that may explain why the kids are so bothered by her being 28.  It’s more than a twenty year difference.

Destinee and Brittnee, mama sure likes those stripper names.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2020 at 4:21 PM, RealReality said:

Haha!  That was the best!

21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

that Class of 78 jacket would make him either 60 If it was high school

I think he’s 60, unless I’m remembering wrong.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh you’re right!  I must have been thinking of someone else.  He looks closer to 60.

If he's 48, then I'm a monkey's Uncle. I am 52 and look like his baby sister. Although, I have to say, most of the guys who I went to high school with look like my Father now. So there's that. I'm sorry, dating someone the same age as your child is creepy. When I was in the dating world again when I was in my early 40's, for fun I went on two dates with a guy that was 30. My son (age 16 at the time) was WIGGED OUT, hence why it ended at 2 dates, although it was fun (but definitely not something I'd consider long term, ESPECIALLY if the kids are uncomfortable!)

People were discussing Shawn's upper lip previously (what's with lips this season?), so I made sure to hone in on that this episode. I think his "mustache" is the culprit, it looks like lighter hair than his head, and also looks like stubble. Also his nose is always red like he just came in from the cold. I had to cackle at "What" when Destinie's sister asked his age. Like you couldn't hear the question dude...what a liar move. 

I know Mississippi airports probably are pretty small compared to ATL Hartsfield that I am used to, but there was NOBODY there. I thought it was hysterical that Scott went home with cold steak and a limo bill. 

Maurice does remind me of Shane. And Jessica a knockoff Lacey, minus the kids and lip injections. 

Color me surprised that Kristianne went through with the nuptuals. I guess she was figuring WTH, we can divorce/annul later. I gotta get to my damn parole! I was surprised she was vaping and not full on smoking in the truck. I feel the need to clear my throat when listening to her talk. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, snarkish said:

Color me surprised that Kristianne went through with the nuptuals. I guess she was figuring WTH, we can divorce/annul later.

Someone posted earlier that it was not a valid wedding in Iowa. Maybe she knew that (or was told by producers).

• Love 2

Destinee’s mother looks like she’s seen and done some shit. She’s a very hard-looking woman.

I would not be happy with my father dating someone my age. Also he’s a good-looking man (he & Maurice are the best-looking guys by far) - nobody could have introduced him to someone on the outside, who is age-appropriate? That friend he was with doesn’t know any divorcées?

• Love 4

When one of the jailbirds is supposed to be released and doesn't show up at the bus station/airport, it always ends up that the jailbird got up to something in prison and is going to be serving more time. Happened with Angela/Tony and Traci/Clint, right? Lindsey is (understandably, imo) reluctant to finally come face to lip with old Scott. (In profile, he reminds me of Homer Simpson ).

Destinee rejected the Goodwill store clothing Shawn bought for her; she's clearly shocked at his lies, and based on the previews, their relationship is going to be short-lived. He'll be lucky if he doesn't loose that $50K.

Kristianna should have stuck with the mailman outfit; those jeans might have fit her when she went into the slammer 4 years ago, but they're so tight now that she could barely bend her knees. And she's never successfully completed a single parole out of 4 chances . Good choice, Native John.

I predict Chaundra will end up falling for Tyrise's son.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Destinee’s mother looks like she’s seen and done some shit. She’s a very hard-looking woman.

I would not be happy with my father dating someone my age. Also he’s a good-looking man (he & Maurice are the best-looking guys by far) - nobody could have introduced him to someone on the outside, who is age-appropriate? That friend he was with doesn’t know any divorcées?

I think the shit shes done begins with a "cra"and rhymes with "yack"

She just had that look, thought she had valid points. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

When one of the jailbirds is supposed to be released and doesn't show up at the bus station/airport, it always ends up that the jailbird got up to something in prison and is going to be serving more time. Happened with Angela/Tony and Traci/Clint, right? Lindsey is (understandably, imo) reluctant to finally come face to lip with old Scott. (In profile, he reminds me of Homer Simpson ).

Destinee rejected the Goodwill store clothing Shawn bought for her; she's clearly shocked at his lies, and based on the previews, their relationship is going to be short-lived. He'll be lucky if he doesn't loose that $50K.

Kristianna should have stuck with the mailman outfit; those jeans might have fit her when she went into the slammer 4 years ago, but they're so tight now that she could barely bend her knees. And she's never successfully completed a single parole out of 4 chances . Good choice, Native John.

Ohhh, Chandra falling for tyrees son would be the messiest love triangle this show has had.  Please producers, make it happen!

I'd laugh if Shawn loses $50k.....poetic justice.  

Also, he sucks.  Acting like destinee just plucked 36 from the sky as Shawn's age......how convenient.  

• Love 3

Tyrice has been seeing Chanda for 3 months so he knows it's going to last.  I wonder how many other men Chanda has had helping her financially while she is inside? 🙄

Tyrice's son is 28.  Tyrice claims to be 49.  Didn't we see his daughter?  She looked older than 28 to me.  So Tyrice started having children in his teens? I'm going with the alternative theory that he is older than he is saying.  If he is gong to pay to hit it with a younger woman, he might as well hire a pro so he's guaranteed to get what he wants rather than throwing money at a maybe. 

Shawn is another one with the switching ages.  do they think no one will ever notice?  These women have eyes.

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Speaking of luck . . . His odds of winning $50,000 on Powerball are 1 in 913,129.  His odds of losing $50,000 to Destinee's bail are 1 in 1.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Maurice should have arranged for a better parole location before he was released.  So yeah, now he has to wait for the paperwork to be processed and to see if it is approved.  ...  He seems so young to me.  His state of mind did not progress while he was in prison.  He just stopped developing at 17.  ...

Oh no!  Has Maurice also been in prison since he was 17?  I thought Qualude was the only one who had completely missed the formative years of adulthood.  And it's so obvious that Q's emotional growth stopped just north of puberty.  He wants to be all manly man and get laid, but I've never seen a guy who needed so much to nestle right back under his mama's wing.  Uh, IN HOUSTON.

This is silly to admit, but I couldn't concentrate on some of the show because I was so hung up on Kristiana's race to the parole office.  At first I was annoyed with John for the whole stupid wedding/honeymoon hijinks, but when it turned out they were running an hour behind, my head exploded.  Kristiana's not a first-timer who MIGHT be excused for thinking a little tardiness at Ye Olde Parole Shoppe is not such a big deal.  She's been paroled eight fucking times!  She's been there so many times, she's familiar with the neighborhood!

At some point her thinking must have changed from "We're cutting it close" to "I might not make it" and she still spent another 45 minutes, at least, without saying "Pack it up!  We have to book!!"  Personal responsibility, baby.  Not John's fault--yours.  Steal that truck.  Call an Uber.  Beg that sympathetic shaman lady for a lift.

Urg.  I liked her.  Last week I wanted to tell her that if it turns out you're twice as big as your new man, maybe don't emphasize that by cradling him in your armpit and talking down to the top of his head.

The funniest part of the show, to me, was that every single Romeo picked out clothes for their newly sprung Juliets that were way too small.  Lol.  Men.

Edited by candall
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, candall said:

Oh no!  Has Maurice also been in prison since he was 17?  I thought Qualude was the only one who had completely missed the formative years of adulthood.  And it's so obvious that Q's emotional growth stopped just north of puberty.  He wants to be all manly man and get laid, but I've never seen a guy who needed so much to nestle right back under his mama's wing.  Uh, IN HOUSTON.

The funniest part of the show, to me, was that every single Romeo picked out clothes for their newly sprung Juliets that were way too small.  Lol.  Men.

I'm not sure if it was at 17, but he was young.  (Covid brain.  I am having a harder time with the details). Both Maurice and Quaylon went away young and for a long time and both seem to show signs of that. They have serious growing up to do and, like all of these folks, need to figure out how to best integrate to society. 

I too loved the way too small clothes.  That is a reason I always cringe when someone buys me clothing.  I have no concept of other people's sizes.  Why TF do these fools think they can guess a woman's size?  When in doubt, buy something that is meant to be baggy then take them shopping.  Kristianna looked like those jeans were going to explode at any minute.  If she wears them too long, she's going to develop gangrene in her legs from lack of circulation. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, candall said:

This is silly to admit, but I couldn't concentrate on some of the show because I was so hung up on Kristiana's race to the parole office. 

Why aren’t the inmates delivered to the halfway house?  It seems like they are always many miles away and then they give them a short window of time to get there.  If they have no one to take them do they take Megabus and arrive a day late?  Hitchhike?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Why aren’t the inmates delivered to the halfway house?  It seems like they are always many miles away and then they give them a short window of time to get there.  If they have no one to take them do they take Megabus and arrive a day late?  Hitchhike?

Logic (which is rare on these shows) would make me think that there IS an option to be taken directly from the prison to the halfway house when that level of monitoring is part of the parole agreement.  These dipsticks are probably choosing the "My soulmate will pick me up and drive me in a limo to the halfway house" option on the discharge from prison form.  And the authorities tell them when they have to be at the halfway house.  Assigned travel time does NOT allow detours to get married, have sex, etc.  

I would think the only way to get to the halfway house on time is to follow directly behind the prison van that is already going directly from point "P" to point "HH."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2020 at 1:24 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Kristianna looked like those jeans were going to explode at any minute.  If she wears them too long, she's going to develop  gangrene in her legs from lack of circulation a yeast infection.

FTFY

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, sempervivum said:

Or at the very least:  boning him!  And Dad walks in on them!!

On 8/10/2020 at 8:08 AM, snarkish said:

Color me surprised that Kristianne went through with the nuptuals. I guess she was figuring WTH, we can divorce/annul later. I gotta get to my damn parole! I was surprised she was vaping and not full on smoking in the truck. I feel the need to clear my throat when listening to her talk. 

It was not a legal marriage.  In Iowa both parties must apply for a license.  But hey they don't expire!!  PLenty of time, David....don't rush!  Paroled 8 times?  Yeah, skip the "wedding," I GOTTA go.  NOW.

• Love 2

Not trying to judge because all of us are imperfect beings etc., but to fall in love with someone that you haven't seen, let alone from prison. 

Kristianna obviously pressured herself to marry John out of desperation and need. Well most of them are together because they want something...a few are in it for love and most are in it to survive back in the real world etc., Crazy!!!!!!

I feel for Scott and his lip, well I don't.. He's such a sucker to think that this young clueless, money hungry bimbo, Lindsey loves him. She said it herself that she has dated older guys for their money. Plus, He has not met her and already buying an expensive phone. UGH!

I feel for Chaunda because she seems genuine but man...couldn't you or any of these cast members find love with folks that are not criminals. 

I hope some of these folks make it! It doesn't look good at all!

Edited by latincoffee