Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

DCC can spin all they want as to why Brennan/Hannah were cut (e.g. quality of dance, weight, attitude) and the casual viewer may fall for it, but by posting these two perfect exit statements an inevitable perception of cutting popular members who had Covid/raised safety concerns is now a reality. Perception in age of SM is everything. Interesting conversations happening today with K/J/C I imagine. Go Hannah, go Brennan!

I hope Hannah had the foresight to bcc herself copies of those emails with an rr on them.

• Love 12
Just now, veronicamers said:

Burn it all down Hannah and Brennan!!!!

And we haven't heard from Lilly or Meredith yet.  I do not have any insider info....just curious if their cuts are COVID related too.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, javajunkiee said:

This is what happens when ANY leader in an organization gets stagnant; seniority with a lack of exposure to outside processes gives them the Big Fish In a Little Pond management style. Kelli is behind the times in so many ways and whether she was too busy, or too comfortable, to keep up, it's a sad ending to MTT.  She had said in the past after 15yrs she was done. 

Well, this is a helluva sad way to go out. She had a chance to set a  example for all other teams as a progressive leader during a difficult time. Instead, her legacy will be overshadowed by her ratings chasing, favoritism and blatant hypocrisy. I used to respect her and defend her; no more. #timetoretire

giphy.gif

• Love 15

Well I think you guys have just helped me make the decision on whether I'm going to keep or dump CMT.  And I didn't even read all the Hannah stuff.  Looks like I'll be dumping it and "maybe" buying the season on iTunes (if there is one).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone know if you absolutely have to subscribe to CMT on your cable system in order to watch the DCC channel on Pluto?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Don't be fooled, Charlotte is no saint, she is worse than Kelli.

Oh i know she is, but when they get caught they find a scape goat to blame it on. And she is Jones, she isn't going anywhere

• Love 9

This will be super unpopular and down voted BUT I cant help but think if Hannah was truly that concerned about training camp and the faux bubble, why didnt she decline to go.  I know she wanted to be apart of the "sisterhood"  but knowing what it was going to be like and the risks, she still CHOSE to go and didnt speak out until after she was cut.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone know if you absolutely have to subscribe to CMT on your cable system in order to watch the DCC channel on Pluto?

You do not have to have any particular cable company or package to watch Pluto. It is owned by CBS/Viacom, but I've been able to watch it anywhere.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

This will be super unpopular and down voted BUT I cant help but think if Hannah was truly that concerned about training camp and the faux bubble, why didnt she decline to go.  I know she wanted to be apart of the "sisterhood"  but knowing what it was going to be like and the risks, she still CHOSE to go and didnt speak out until after she was cut.

She clearly says in her Instagram post that she expressed her concerns, sounding the alarm about how the protocols put in place were not sufficient to ensure participants' safety. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Isolabella said:

What does Hannah mean when she said the safety of the group was compromised and production was halted?! Insiders...anyone?!

Maybe someone came and went as they pleased !! Or bc the other night we had some bad storms with tornado activity and everyone was rushed to the basement I wonder if they were mixed with other hotel guests 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
Just now, veronicamers said:

She clearly says in her Instagram post that she expressed her concerns, sounding the alarm about how the protocols put in place were not sufficient to ensure participants' safety. 

But she still went, stayed until the end, and only spoke out after her cut.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

It seems straight forward to me. They cared more about filming the TV show than they did the safety of the women who were trying out. Haven't we already heard that when cameras go off, so do the masks?

Right, but it almost sounds like they weren't able to finish filming the show the way they planned. Hence the virtual announcement.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

I laughed way too hard at this. The word is spreading faster than they can delete the comments on the DCC insta. 

Oh how the mighty will fall! 

image.png.efe99a8df40543f2e9fa07a2c8568388.png

• LOL 6

Regarding Hannahs Insta Post...Wonder if she got wind of them trying to use her supposed weight gain (if that's true) as a reason for her dismissal and wanted to set the record straight before the show aired?  If it's true and TPTB were going to use her weight, she just blew that up in their faces. Kelli must be chewing and spitting nails right now. Kelli, time for you to come into this century or retire.  And shame on you Kelli for putting lives at risk for a Damn TV show. There was so much opportunity to use and showcase the veterans in these extraordinary times. The dangers of Covid-19 are real and the fallout is causing many Americans unimaginable suffering. Maybe, instead of harping on candidates not utd on current events, Kelli should get to work there herself. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

What does Hannah mean when she said the safety of the group was compromised and production was halted?! Insiders...anyone?!

I took it to mean that someone involved had a possible exposure, so they had to stop everything. She mentions the end was done via virtual announcements

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

She apparently voiced her concerns to the Cowboys when the bubble was announced, and they did what they wanted anyways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

But I think we have to look at the context of the situation. An employee shouldn't be punished for expressing concerns about safety. Saying "well, either you love this organization and you accept the risks or there is the door" is not right. 

I completely agree.  But this is a rat's nest of a situation and I do believe most of the woman will not speak up.  Sad as that sounds.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Laurawithcats said:

Maybe, instead of harping on candidates not utd on current events, Kelli should get to work there herself. 

LOL especially considering COVID is kind of a current talking point!

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

Ok, absolutely love this because that quote is at the top of the DCC framed thing from Daphne's vet video. The DCC Credence or whatever the hell it is. Kelli & Co. put one in every girl's hotel room for training camp. So Hannah is giving the most subtle FU 😄

Haha I didn’t realize that! I’m proud of her for standing up for herself! 

• Love 5

Hannah mentions that in-person production was halted after the safety of the group was compromised. Any idea what she is referring to? Seems to be more than just general safety concerns (which were obvious; we talked about how it wasn’t a real bubble on the boards). Sounds like there may have been an outbreak. 

Good for her and Brennan for speaking out. Brennan is the epitome of class, and Hannah managed to get her point across eloquently and clearly, without flinging any insults or looking petty. Well done ladies! 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

Possibly because she actually is a professional dancer?

I saw her Instagram before she went private.  She seems a little "questionable" to me, in the "not an America's Sweetheart" vein.  Not saying I agree or disagree, but once again different rules for different people.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

Possibly because she actually is a professional dancer?

I doubt it. Maybe its because she's a rookie at being a DCC and you don't throw your creds around like you're all that and a bag of chips when you haven't set a boot in a packed stadium and don't know the ropes yet.

• Love 9

New poster here. So much drama!

Observations from a newbie:

1. Lilly’s arc was clearly made for TV from the start. They saw she would do whatever it took to make the team with optimism, grace, and emotional openness and took advantage. Whenever you saw her score sheets she was at a similar level to Taylor P. and Kirsten. They made her sweat last year for drama and used her as fodder this year. Sounds like they kept her in her role of Last Minute Decision until the very end. She seemed loved by her team, well spoken for appearances, and a capable dancer. She didn’t deserve this.

2. Meredith seemed kind and yet was set up to fail. If she didn’t have a shot due to her dance performance over the season they should have strongly encouraged her to be one and done. 

3. Brennan and Hannah aren’t going without a fight. Purely from a PR perspective, their cuts seem...misguided. Cutting a fan favorite for ratings has backfired enough now for television shows for someone to give it pause, and it’s really hard to spin firing the COVID survivor and the team spokeswoman for mental illness awareness. Maybe in a normal season it would be easier to pull off, but it’s not a normal season.

4. I saw season 14’s Alexandra commented on Hannah’s post. I liked her!

5. I don’t blame Victoria for any her issues. She seems to act the way she’s been taught and the way that she’s always been rewarded for. I can’t get mad at a child for misbehaving, but I can get mad at the adults in the room for letting it happen. She should be able to take pride in the accomplishments she earns instead of constantly being told she deserves more.

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Does anyone know the tip lines of the local Dallas news stations?  Actually I bet national news outlets like CNN would be interested as well.  Given the notoriety of the DCC, Girls getting cut for expressing safety concerns is a big deal.

I would try to connect with Dale Hansen.  He seems to be taking up causes in his later years.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

we finally got a good rookie class (referring to the current 3rd years) and Kelli has to go and mess it up?

3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I for one I’m so glad they chose to go public before Kelli had a chance to manipulate the situation to make them look bad.

These above 2 sentences are EVERYTHING!

• Love 16
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think so far I’ve seen posts from Ashlee, Erin, Alanna and Jalyn that Kelli would definitely take as an insult. Ashlee especially won’t be getting any advancement opportunities, if she’s even allowed back... I know we’re hoping for a mass exodus, but damn we finally got a good rookie class (referring to the current 3rd years) and Kelli has to go and mess it up?

I’m so glad more of the current team decided to speak up - especially her rookie sisters. Agreed that we finally have a strong group and it’s now all going to go to hell..

• Love 10

Hopefully, this is a perfect storm of events that cleans house in the DCC and not only brings in fresh blood (especially among the leadership), but allows them to hit a reset button of sorts once everything settles down.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

Hopefully, this is a perfect storm of events that cleans house in the DCC and not only brings in fresh blood (especially among the leadership), but allows them to hit a reset button of sorts once everything settles down.

I remember when the Houston texans cheerleaders brought to light what their coach was doing they ended up letting her go and now a former Texans cheerleader is the coach for them 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Unpopular opinion. For the love of God. Just don’t let it be Kashara they bring in. 

• Love 11