Type keyword(s) to search

Monique Samuels: Not A Lazy Mom

• Start Topic

This thread is to discuss Monique Samuels, a housewife who once showed great promise before allowing pride and impulsivity to scuttle what could have been a very successful run.

• Love 1

Eh, I still like Monique. She's the most financially secure of the HWs on here, and is what I would call the Kandi of the clique.

If Porsha could come back after dragging Kenya across the reunion stage over in Atlanta, no reason why Monique can't as well.

• Love 5

I like Monique too. In fact, I once posted that she could have won this entire show if she'd simply shown poise in the face of messy chicks who are still striving for what she has. But her mentality screwed her up, in my opinion. You can't change how other people treat you, but you can change how you respond. If you respond at all. I've learned to simply fan myself when mosquitoes start buzzing around me. Swatting at them might kill them, but it could blemish me too. I don't like blemishes.

Mo always takes the bait. If she'd simply owned her place on this show, her detractors would have had to fall back. They still would not have liked her, but it wouldn't have been so easy to come for her. She made it too easy.

• Love 4

I don't think she is any more screwed up than any of the others on here. To be honest, I don't view any of the women as "winning" or "winners", some are just more enjoyable to me to watch than others. Monique is still at the top of that list for me.

• Love 2

Mo is definitely no worse than the rest. I just wish she'd considered her options before some of her actions.

As for winners and losers, I watch all HoWife shows to be entertained. I reps for NO ONE, and care only about who caught and kept my attention throughout the hour. These women are the 21st century version of Roman Gladiators, as far as I'm concerned. Their arena is television. Their swords are words (most of the time anyway).

Besides, with all the posing, who got this, who lives where, whose man does this, I'd def say these people care about winning and losing. I'll continue to view them this way.

• Love 3

Besides, with all the posing, who got this, who lives where, whose man does this, I'd def say these people care about winning and losing. I'll continue to view them this way.

By that logic, then, Monique would be winning, no?

• Love 2

She'd already won -- as I've written several times. She lost to me when she responded to the bullshit. That's it. But since I don't need any of them to win for me to be entertained, it's all good. I just wanted things to be different for her. That's all.

• Love 2

Of course we see her differently. That's what makes these discussions so entertaining! If we all agreed, there would be nothing to discuss. 😊 That would be hella boring.

Also, to be quite frank with you, there's only so much energy I'm willing to give to women who don't pay not one of my bills or kiss on any of my lady bits, so I'm always gonna keep it light. As long as they're entertaining me, I'll keep watching.

I stopped watching RHOA during Claudia Jordan's season and ain't been back. It's still Bravo's most highly rated HoWife show, but they get down too low for me. Catty is one thing, but the outright cruelty and meanness grew to be too much for me. I know some people absolutely love it.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, eXiled said:

I stopped watching RHOA during Claudia Jordan's season and ain't been back. It's still Bravo's most highly rated HoWife show, but they get down too low for me. Catty is one thing, but the outright cruelty and meanness grew to be too much for me. I know some people absolutely love it.

Me too, @eXiled!! The Atlanta cast gets downright cruel and toxic, and I couldn’t stand seeing downright ratchet/violent behavior being consistently rewarded(I personally think Porsha should’ve been fired after she physically attacked Kenya; there is NO excuse for that, and yet people actually still defend her for that to this day!), ditto the cast of New Jersey.

Their brand of Real Housewives antics is just too much *everything* for me and crosses so many lines it shouldn’t; I’d really hate to see the Potomac ladies sink to that level as well. I’m still so disappointed in Monique for allowing a loser like Candyass to get the best of her; she’s so much above her in so many ways, so I’m not looking forward to watching her stoop to Candyass lows by falling for her bullshit.

Honestly, it’s troubling for me to witness when anyone feels an urge to resort to physical attacks, onscreen or not; it’s not cool to see RH continue to allow it.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Me too, @eXiled!! The Atlanta cast gets downright cruel and toxic, and I couldn’t stand seeing downright ratchet/violent behavior being consistently rewarded(I personally think Porsha should’ve been fired after she physically attacked Kenya; there is NO excuse for that, and yet people actually still defend her for that to this day!), ditto the cast of New Jersey.

Their brand of Real Housewives antics is just too much *everything* for me and crosses so many lines it shouldn’t; I’d really hate to see the Potomac ladies sink to that level as well. I’m still so disappointed in Monique for allowing a loser like Candyass to get the best of her; she’s so much above her in so many ways, so I’m not looking forward to watching her stoop to Candyass lows by falling for her bullshit.

Honestly, it’s troubling for me to witness when anyone feels an urge to resort to physical attacks, onscreen or not; it’s not cool to see RH continue to allow it.

We are definitely on the same page. I watch for vicarious living reasons, ya know? I want to see chicks with long money, long weaves, and long-standing relationships really doing their lives up. I grew up in a hood where I could see chicks throw hands all day. Don't need it on my TV.

I'll admit to checking out the RHOA reunions every now and again. The year Porsha and Phaedra tried to portray Kandi as some rapist, I knew I'd made the right decision to stop watching. Those types of accusations are too damn much. They could have had personal, financial, and even criminal consequences for Kandi and her family.

I always knew Phaedra was sneaky and that Porsha ain't always the most thought-out chick, but I could never fully reinvest in this show after that. These women be trying to play with each others relationships and money too much for me. That's where it stops being fun and becomes serious.

Ugh, I stopped with RHONJ the year Teresa's family showed up. I don't like seeing real family members get down with each other, getting all grimey. That's the same reason I stopped watching Braxton Family Values. Yeah, I know Tamar's a bit much, but by the time Towanda and Traci started circling the wagons to get her together, my heart couldn't take it. I kept yelling at my TV, "You know your baby sister's a mess. Don't treat her like she some bitch out in the street!"

I'm down to RHOP and RHOBH (hope Garcelle don't let none of those chicks get in her head!) On Sunday I erased RHONY from my DVR. The New York chicks used to be my absolute favorites, but their drunken shenanigans this season have just become too desperate and sad. I may peek in every once in awhile because I have a soft spot for these crazy chicks. I doubt they'll pull me back in permanently again.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 4

I know Monique personally and can say with full confidence that she is one of the kindest, most generous and wonderful people I’ve ever met. She is the type of person who stands up to the bully and is fearless in her defense of right and wrong. She stood up for me and at a time when no one else would and it changed my life. I was worried about her doing this show and how it would affect her. You can see how Candace, Robyn and Giselle have been relentless and ruthless in their pursuit to take Monique down and it is downright vicious. Just read any press story where Candace is unusually passionate about her hatred for Monique. Monique is human and I am sure if we put ourselves in her shoes and had to constantly endure the nasty attacks and underhanded insults that Candace, Robyn and Giselle spew at her, we would also loose our temper. Only a group of gangsters could be so manipulative as to exploit someone as kind as Monique by pushing her buttons until she blows and then file false charges and spin it in an attempt to portray her as the mad black woman who has set back the race. The irony is that it is women like Candace, Robyn and Giselle who are truly doing a disservice to the race and women in general. Their seething jealousy rears it’s ugly head for all of us to see and it is not pretty. Monique will overcome and we can see what is going on here...

Wait...Monique isn't coming back?  She's half the reason I watch the show!  I REALLY liked her.  I was also really impressed by how poised she was during WWHL stints.  Maybe that's part of it...perhaps she just isn't tawdry enough.  Or, I'm really missing something 😞

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Who said she isn't coming back?

A few posts above are written in past-tense - as if she kind of did her self in with certain behavior.  After a re-read, I think the point was just to say should could have been better - not that she's actually gone.

Sorry for the confusion.  

• Useful 1
On 5/14/2020 at 3:07 AM, Guest said:

I know Monique personally and can say with full confidence that she is one of the kindest, most generous and wonderful people I’ve ever met. She is the type of person who stands up to the bully and is fearless in her defense of right and wrong. She stood up for me and at a time when no one else would and it changed my life. I was worried about her doing this show and how it would affect her. You can see how Candace, Robyn and Giselle have been relentless and ruthless in their pursuit to take Monique down and it is downright vicious. Just read any press story where Candace is unusually passionate about her hatred for Monique. Monique is human and I am sure if we put ourselves in her shoes and had to constantly endure the nasty attacks and underhanded insults that Candace, Robyn and Giselle spew at her, we would also loose our temper. Only a group of gangsters could be so manipulative as to exploit someone as kind as Monique by pushing her buttons until she blows and then file false charges and spin it in an attempt to portray her as the mad black woman who has set back the race. The irony is that it is women like Candace, Robyn and Giselle who are truly doing a disservice to the race and women in general. Their seething jealousy rears it’s ugly head for all of us to see and it is not pretty. Monique will overcome and we can see what is going on here...

Hi, Monique!

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
On 5/14/2020 at 4:07 AM, Guest said:

Hi, Monique!

Lol!  Damn, I didn't even know you could post as a guest....

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 7/1/2020 at 5:31 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Lol!  Damn, I didn't even know you could post as a guest....

Same! I thought that was super weird, but no one else said anything so I thought I was just oblivious to a special feature or something.

It was funny to read the pro-Monique propaganda, though. I wish all Bravolebs would plead their case on PT like that! 😏😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Saw portions of Alexander Rodgers Youtube tidbit on the mystery gossip about Monique. He was describing a podcast he listened to - I didn't hear the details about who was on it.

Apparently a former friend of Monique's told Candiace some nasty comments about Monique's miscarriage - which was featured heavily in a previous season - and claimed that a trainer fathered Chase. Candiace told Gizelle and Charisse, and they all plotted how to use the info to attack Monique. Very foul behavior.

Edited by pasdetrois

I miss Monique on the new season. I know what happened last season was bad and it’s hard to come back from that kind of aggressive behavior. However, she had good home scenes with her family.  I wish she could have had a chance to redeem herself. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Did anybody watch Love & Marriage D.C.?

I still have an issue with Monique not owning that what she did on RHoP was wrong, but whatever. She has locs now & it's really flattering on her. Although her hairstyles have always been gorgeous. The entire cast seems pretty likeable. The one lady was doing too much asking her mother to hurry cooking dinner. The lady that just split from her husband seems to be in a really raw and vulnerable state. I think the 26 year anniversary couple don't want to analyze their relationship; it's working & that's it. Monique & Chris are bickering about something, but it's not clear what it is.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3
On 5/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, NowVoyager said:

I still have an issue with Monique not owning that what she did on RHoP was wrong,

She will never own up to what she did on RHOP.  It will always be Candiace's fault.  That's why she still pops up on various former BRAVO reality stars' IG to comment about "Candiace not learning her lesson" if that individual mentions Candiace.

Monique also took the time to "read" Gizelle on the Nightcap show and none of that was necessary.  It made her look pressed.  All she had to say was (when asked about Gizelle being a top 10 housewife was) "Ya know, I think Karen should've been up there because of XYZ" and paid any reference or question about Gizelle dust.

The entire cast seems pretty likeable.

I don't good vibe on Ashley, she seems like a mean girl.   Everyone else seems cool. 

The one lady was doing too much asking her mother to hurry cooking dinner.

I think their storyline with the delinquent son will be compelling, especially since I heard the dad is a DC homicide detective (while DJing on the side).  I see Dad being hard and Mom being soft and that causing problems.

The lady that just split from her husband seems to be in a really raw and vulnerable state.

I can see her becoming the breakout star and Monique not liking it, since this franchise is supposed to be built around her.  If Monique ever threatened to lay hands on anyone in this cast, it's going to be her (because the other 2 women LOOK like they have hands).  

I think the 26 year anniversary couple don't want to analyze their relationship; it's working & that's it. Monique & Chris are bickering about something, but it's not clear what it is.

Probably about the same crap she was whining about when she was on RHOP: basically dude wants a black Barbie trophy wife who looks pretty, has his kids, has sex on demand and keeps the house.  He feels his only responsibility is to provide food and shelter and not be out in the streets.  That's it.  Monique wants "more".  Same storyline, different show, different channel.

I will say I think this cast is a better fit for Monique vibration/energy wise than RHOP. She spent too much time trying to suck up to the Jack & Jill crew and trying to act like what she thought the J&J crew would like instead of being herself.  Nobody on this current cast exudes J&J energy, they exude Teen Summit energy and I think that fits better with Monique's energy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm currently checking out Monique's new show for free on Youtube. She's as beautiful as ever, but, as usual, she's telling on herself. Her frequent callbacks to "that other show" make her seem petty and bitter, IMO. I don't blame her totally; I'm sure production asked that she lean into her RHOP notoriety. It's just not giving the energy I believe Mo thinks it's giving.

After the first cutesy introduction (and she would have done that more for the audience who DID NOT know her more than for viewers of RHOP) she could have tastefully talked about her family and growing her businesses. Her constant signifying about not being able to show the real Monique shows she's still living in the past. We saw the real Monique. I know I'll never forget her. Shit, I was foolish enough to be rooting for her until she showed how desperate and thirsty she really is.

The one thing Mo said that I believed was when she admitted to wanting to hang with women who were "on the same level or farther beyond...." her. I could see that upwardly-mobile energy on RHOP. That's why it hurt her so badly when she messed up with Charrisse. That's why it stung so much when the Bandits wanted nothing to do with her.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/20/2022 at 12:37 PM, eXiled said:

I'm currently checking out Monique's new show for free on Youtube.

Ah, sweet! I've been watching it on the OWN app, which is fine, but then I can't multi-task on my phone. My short attention span thanks you.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

The producers made a mistake building the new show around Monique and Chris, because they're boring and she's not fighting.  The only reason Monique has "fans" is because she beat up Candiace and read Gizelle down with the binder.  A lot of people saw themselves in her, taking uppity b*tches like Candiace and Gizelle down.  But now there is no Candiace to beat up, there's no Gizelle to read and so far she is getting along with everyone so there is no drama.  Right now her storyline is having problems with Chris, which we saw on RHOP and taking her family on a trip to Africa.  Meanwhile the other castmembers are filming without her and having dramas without her.  Right now all of her scenes could be cut and it would not change the flow of the show.  The producers better get Gigi or the trainer to show up for some excitement because I think this show might be a one and done.

• Love 6

The only reason Monique has "fans" is because she beat up Candiace and read Gizelle down with the binder.

She had fans long before that. And no, not just "fans", but fans.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/30/2022 at 2:13 AM, drivethroo said:

The producers made a mistake building the new show around Monique and Chris, because they're boring and she's not fighting...

I watched the first twenty minutes of the second episode and then peaced out. As I went about my day, I realized the show was watching me instead of the other way around. I kept having to rewind because I was concentrating on other things.

The two women not named Monique might as well be the same; when their husbands weren't around, I couldn't tell them apart (despite the younger woman's talking heads where it was clear she is delusional enough to throw passive aggressive shade about the other one's age. They look comparable to me, and I know that would hurt her damn feelings).

I guess I had trouble figuring out what the show is supposed to be. I definitely don't watch RHOP to see fighting or arguing (that's one of the reasons I haven't watched RHOA since season six), but I wasn't clear on this show's premise. Is it simply about watching couples build friendships and businesses while arguing with their spouses? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. I just wasn't sure.

Anyway, other than the old dude who cheated on his younger wife (the one whose wearing her broken heart as part of her haircut) I wasn't particularly interested in this show. I don't watch anything on the OWN network now that Auntie Iyanla has stopped fixing people's lives.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 3
On 5/31/2022 at 6:51 AM, eXiled said:

I guess I had trouble figuring out what the show is supposed to be. I definitely don't watch RHOP to see fighting or arguing (that's one of the reasons I haven't watched RHOA since season six), but I wasn't clear on this show's premise. Is it simply about watching couples build friendships and businesses while arguing with their spouses? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. I just wasn't sure.

On the original Love and Marriage show, the original premise was the 3 couples had formed a group to build houses in their town.  The star couple broke up due to cheating, the wife was actually the brains of the operation and dissolved the home building group along with all of the businesses formed with her husband.  The other 2 couples were brothers and their wives.

The premise of "Love and Marriage DC" is "here's Monique of RHOP and some people she knows in DC." None of Monique's friends know each other so there's no friendship chemistry (yet).  With RHOP, 4 of the 6 original cast members knew each other, they were all moms in the same organization and 2 of them had relationship with each other from a different organization.  So there is more of a chemistry with the RHOP cast that isn't there with the LAMDC cast.

Is it simply about watching couples build friendships and businesses while arguing with their spouses? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. I just wasn't sure.

That's pretty much the premise of this show.  Monique might have had maybe 5 minutes of screentime on the latest episode.  She didn't film with the rest of the cast because she went to Africa with her family while the rest of the cast stayed in DC and filmed together.  On the latest episode:

Cast member 1 has a disabled son who wants to live his life one way, but his father has plans for him to live his life another way.  We also learned she has suspected him of cheating in the past but not looking for proof and she has had flirtations with other men because she felt lonely.  Also their sex life is lacking.

Cast member 2 is also not looking for looking for proof of her husband's cheating.  She is concerned because he is a workaholic and feels like he needs to book some time with her.

Cast member 3 just divorced her husband, who is 60 years old and lives with his parents and drives their car.  She did not know he lived at home or drove his daddy's car because she didn't visit his home when they were dating because of covid. Yet she married him during covid.  Her claiming to be a relationship expert has Cast Member 2 giving her the side eye.  CM3 gave CM1 the name/number of a sex therapist to help her out with her situation.  CM1's husband was not amused.

The episode really didn't need Monique's contribution, which was her sniping at Chris after they returned from Africa, while Chris went to vent with the camerapeople.  We saw Monique sniping at Chris all through Season 5 of RHOP...it's giving nothing new.

She's really a non-factor on a show built around her and she can't blame BRAVO for that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 6/5/2022 at 3:40 AM, drivethroo said:

She's really a non-factor on a show built around her and she can't blame BRAVO for that.

Her new show's season is now over and Monique is blaming the new show for her poor edit on it.  She played the same game on the new show that she played on RHOP, throwing a friend under the bus to get up under the popular crew.  Charrisse warned us.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 7/23/2022 at 11:19 PM, drivethroo said:

Her new show's season is now over and Monique is blaming the new show for her poor edit on it.  She played the same game on the new show that she played on RHOP, throwing a friend under the bus to get up under the popular crew.  Charrisse warned us.

I loved Monique on Potomac but had zero interest in watching her new show. I was irrationally disappointed she even felt the need to go on another reality show. 

• Love 2
On 9/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, Chatty Cake said:

There’s an old season on Bravo today. I really miss Monique. She was pretty and had the nice family life.

She is beautiful, but I don't miss her personality.

On 9/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, Chatty Cake said:
Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Ya'll would know before most. Are the rumors of Chris and Monique getting a divorce really true??? Some people said that Ashley may have hinted at a life change for Monique at Bravocon, they recently had lunch together. 

ETA: Well it's on People now. I guess it's not a rumor. Hate to see it. I don't like divorce, especially when kids are involved. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

Sadly, it seems to be true, as per People Magazine. Though a google search shows People to be the only ones confirming the separation. 

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

ETA: Well it's on People now. I guess it's not a rumor. Hate to see it. I don't like divorce, especially when kids are involved. 

No one who watched her new show was surprised because she spoke horribly to and about him. All of that pent up rage she poured onto Candiace was really about Chris.  Monique wants to be a "power couple."  She wants to be a socialite and go to functions and galas and be seen with an equally ambitious husband.  She wanted Chris to be cultured and sophisticated.

Chris just wants to coach the Potomac Pee Wee Football team, play with his kids, eat some steak and potatoes and sit in his recliner.  Chris could never be who Monique wanted him to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if Monique already has a new boo waiting in the wings.  I hope she finds what she's looking for. Chris needs to look up the old girlfriend he dumped to be with Monique and see if she will even allow him to be in her presence.  I know Mama Samuels will be glad the heffa is leaving.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Somebody is lying.  PEOPLE Magazine is a PR outfit, they generally don't make up stuff.  Allegedly Ashley just said at BRAVOCon that Monique told her she was undergoing a big life change.  I certainly hope Monique isn't running the same blogger/gossip games on Chris that she ran on Candiace.  If she is, she will deserve everything that's coming to her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Somebody is lying.  PEOPLE Magazine is a PR outfit, they generally don't make up stuff.  Allegedly Ashley just said at BRAVOCon that Monique told her she was undergoing a big life change.  I certainly hope Monique isn't running the same blogger/gossip games on Chris that she ran on Candiace.  If she is, she will deserve everything that's coming to her.

Yes, I would say it seems pretty unlikely that People made something up. People generally still follows the journalistic practice of getting actual sources to confirm their stories, so they probably talked to more than one person who confirmed the story.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 4

Maybe Chris gave the story to PEOPLE. He and Monique were control freaks, so this would infuriate her.

If it's true, it's somewhat puzzling because I would expect Chris to stay in the marriage for religious reasons (among others) and Monique for the money. Perhaps one of them found a better partner.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Maybe Chris gave the story to PEOPLE. He and Monique were control freaks, so this would infuriate her.

If it's true, it's somewhat puzzling because I would expect Chris to stay in the marriage for religious reasons (among others) and Monique for the money. Perhaps one of them found a better partner.

Monique and Chris simply aren't important enough for PEOPLE Magazine to make up a story about them. I don't believe Chris would leak a story like that and play around with his marriage like that.  I actually don't believe Chris would leave Monique while they have 3 young children unless something drastic has happened.  He's the type that would stick it out until the youngest one went off to college and since the youngest one is maybe 4 years old, Chris has another 14 years to go.

IMO this story is coming from Monique's camp. We know Monique likes to feed stories and craft narratives with the blogs.  It's impression management.  I would not be surprised if Chris told her he was leaving her, she leaked it to Ashley, PEOPLE and TMZ and then put out the IG story refuting it ...to shame/embarass Chris into staying with her. The problem for her is she's not dealing with "All About The Tea" or "The Black Socialite" (RIP)".  She's dealing with PEOPLE and TMZ and those two organizations generally get it right.  If they feel they've been played by Monique's camp, they are going to get down to the bottom of it.

Monique is a psycho. People give her a pass because she's pretty, she's brownskinned, she has a rich husband, she beat up Candiace and exposed Gizelle. I'm sorry but if I saw her on the street, I would immediately cross the street. She ain't right.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I don't believe Chris would leak a story like that and play around with his marriage like that.  I actually don't believe Chris would leave Monique while they have 3 young children unless something drastic has happened. 

I agree with this. I thought they were a bad fit all along. Chris is deeply conservative and Monique is not.

• Love 1

Ashley Darby is on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live for BravoCon right now, and she said Chris and Monique are on a break. Monique told her a couple of days ago.

Edited by ZettaK
13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ashley Darby is on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live for BravoCon right now, and she said Chris and Monique are on a break. Monique told her a couple of days ago.

I watched a new video this morning (can't find the link) where Monique and Chris categorically deny every breakup rumor. She did say that sometimes they were staying at their separate residences as part of a therapy process on their current show. Sounded legit. The question is, how did she present this to other people and how did those people run with it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2