Type keyword(s) to search

Outer Banks - General Discussion

Artsda
  • Start Topic

I didn't expect this show to be great and I kinda enjoyed some of the ridiculousness, but what bothered me throughout is the dialogue. I've seen worse dialogue in many other shows, but teenagers don't talk and behave like that, even rebellious ones. It would have been easy to write scenes in which teenagers would talk and act like teenagers. 

While I expected some violence, what I didn't expect is batshit crazy violence from a bunch of people. We saw a character almost beaten to death by a couple guys using golf clubs in the open, which happened after an almost-drowning witnessed by a bunch of people. It's just unreasonable levels of violence, which is somehow forgotten the next day. 

Unless there is a John A or John F, there is no need to say John B every 10 seconds. 

Episode 9 was the worst. We had a guy, found with a dying body on a tarmac, accusing a teenager of killing a cop, and the other cop buys the story without ever questioning it. And then the whole town starts hunting for the 16 year old as if he's a monster. At no point did anyone question if the story makes any sense. "Why would a 16 year old kill a cop for no reason?" no one ever asked. And speaking of the dead cop, she didn't tell anyone beforehand that she was about to arrest that guy? You'd think she would have informed people that she was about to arrest the richest guy on the island, and would have brought some people with her. 

I gotta admit, it made me laugh when that guy told that kid "shut up you little bastard!" after the kid thought he should get the reward. Probably the only scene that genuinely made me laugh. 

I still enjoyed it. If it wasn't for the pandemic, I probably would never have watched it. But with so much time to waste, this show was a good way to waste it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Oh, Chase. Looks like he landed himself in some hot water with tweets he made when he was an actual teenager and not just playing one on T.V.

I find it moderately hilarious that he's even considered famous enough for people to bother #cancelling. But I guess people are really bored at this point and Twitter is still... Twitter.

Oh, and that "male Debby Ryan" thing? I now cannot unsee this. Someone needs to cast them as brother and sister.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BaskingsharkGTX said:

I completely forgot about Bianca - I think you might be right or at the very least they're tied. Actually, there's also Stacey Dash who was 30-ish when she played Dionne in Clueless and the spin-off TV series.

We also have Timothy Granaderos, who was 32 and playing a teenager on 13 Reasons Why. I still think it's hilarious because I literally could have gone to high school with him as someone who graduated high school in 2005.

Honestly though, I kind of bought it. More than I bought Daren Barnett on Never Have I Ever, who is 29. I think it's because they cast an actual teenager for Devi.

3 minutes ago, BaskingsharkGTX said:

I find it moderately hilarious that he's even considered famous enough for people to bother #cancelling. But I guess people are really bored at this point and Twitter is still... Twitter.

Oh, and that "male Debby Ryan" thing? I now cannot unsee this. Someone needs to cast them as brother and sister.

It's not even really getting that much traction outside of Twitter. On Reddit, nobody cares. LOL. I mean, he does have 2.6 million followers on Instagram and he's either got a really good filter or his newly found fanbase doesn't care.

I feel like Israel Broussard got much more bombarded than Chase has when his own scandal broke. Again though, neither of these guys are Justin Beiber level celebs.

I swear to God I have better/more important things to be doing with my life right now than posting multiple comments in the freaking Outer Banks thread but the multi-quote is playing up like crazy and it doesn't seem to lose everything if you want to quote one post from page 1 and one from page 2. Anyway, that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

On 5/16/2020 at 12:20 PM, tennisgurl said:

Of course, I would prefer that Key is just one of their friend group without anyone dating, but this is a teen romance thing, so I guess its inevitable. 

I really wish this too. It always happens in every show and there are other male characters outside the friend group she could date. Topper seems to be turning nice now, there's him! I mean, he did try to drown her one friend and participated in a golf club attack on her other friend, but people in this town seem to indulge in, embrace and forget about cartoonishly violent violence pretty casually and quickly so maybe that's OK.

On 5/17/2020 at 1:02 AM, methodwriter85 said:

They TOTALLY thought they were making a real drama and it really did show.

Actress Madelyn Cline Talks Creative Direction and Authenticity on Outer Banks

From the article:

In preparation for the role, Cline approached Sarah with a gracious level of empathy. “I think there are a lot of insecurities that I saw in Sarah that I was able to recognize in myself,” she says. “It was cathartic because it was a way of exploring those insecurities and it’s almost like I was giving advice to myself and telling myself that it’s okay to feel these things.” In entering her character’s delicate mindscape, the budding actress was able to mentally illuminate her own life experiences for inspiration; however, when it came to Sarah’s specific, plot-related turmoil, Cline’s raw acting talent was ultimately put to the test. “For heavier scenes, you could catch me sitting in a corner and crying just trying to get in the headspace,” she explains of her craft. “Especially for a lot of the later scenes in the show, I really had to create the betrayal and the pain that Sarah was going through in those moments for myself.”  

I wonder if she read The Glass Menagerie to get into character.

I don't know what's going on in society at the moment, and God knows, I've met countless pretentious actors in my time (Pro tip; when actors corner you and try to get you to read the script they wrote and they mention that they wrote a part for themselves, you can usually tell which part it is by looking for the character who gets to emote the most and then turns out to be the most important person in the movie) but it really feels like people are losing any sense of proportion or irony when assessing things. There is a hilarious interview on YouTube with the late actor Nicky Henson who starred in the movie Psychomania! (1973) which is the only British movie about a posh young man who leads a hippy Hell's Angels gang and who discovers that his family worship a frog deity which can grant eternal life so he and his gang commit suicide and return to become an undead biker gang so they can terrorize their town forever by riding their motorbikes through supermarkets.

In the interview he talks about how he read the script, thought it was terrible, decided to do it purely for the money, because he liked motorbikes and because he thought it was so stupid that nobody would ever see it and how ironic it is that he's being interviewed about it 40 years later. Now obviously Sarah can't exactly come out and say "I did this because it's a funny camp-fest and I got to hang out in the sun" but... seriously... 

Anyway. I'm going to choose once again to be happy that they all thought this because it really is what elevates this show. And I really do want another season! 

I have noticed that it seems to be sticking around in the NF Top Ten for a long time - longer than a lot of other shows.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, he does have 2.6 million followers on Instagram and he's either got a really good filter or his newly found fanbase doesn't care.

I feel like Israel Broussard got much more bombarded than Chase has when his own scandal broke. Again though, neither of these guys are Justin Beiber level celebs.

Chase is significantly prettier than Israel Broussard. First rule of Hollywood (and social media); the prettier you are, the more shit you can get away with.

Twitter is the tenth level of Hades.

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX

Everyone was telling me how good this show was but I couldn’t get past the 4th episode.  John B and Sara’s trip and shopping, dialogue was cringeworthy and so contrived.  He confesses his love got her in the rain.  Can it be more cliche?  And why do they call him John B?   So contrived as well.  

On 4/25/2020 at 12:25 AM, shoregirl said:

One question lingers did they take a boat to Chapel Hill ? North Carolina geography is not my forte but I'm pretty sure it's land locked and in the central part of the state. One minute they were on the Boat next minute walking through Chapel Hill.

😂

'Outer Banks' co-creators talk Netflix, the UNC-Duke rivalry and the ferry to Chapel Hill

The writers did an interview with UNC’s student paper, and they said Sarah and John B took an Uber after the ferry. That would have been one long, expensive Uber, but I guess it’s slightly more realistic than a ferry to Chapel Hill.

• Love 2
(edited)

Speaking of the college thing, did it bother anyone else that Sarah said that generations of her family went to Chapel Hill, but her dad came from Pogue life too? People that live on abject poverty lines like that generally won't have generations of collegial legacy. She should have just said Ward went.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

Oh my God where to begin with this show. Well I binged it in a little over a day. I don't know what happened. I fell into a wormhole maybe? I don't really remember the time passing. Just that I kept hitting next episode until John B and Sarah were shipwrecked then rescued  and en route to of all places...the Bahamas! Of course! Pack your bags and passports JJ, Kie and Pope! School? Your own safety? Jail time? Who cares! Next season you get to chase down John B and his girlfriend in another country and put your lives in danger yet again because Pogies never say die! or something. I'd say John B needs his ass kicked but I don't want to encourage any more than every other scene of this show featuring someone, usually JJ, getting their ass kicked. We get it, show, life is tough in The OB. 

What everyone said about the camp factor being played straight and with total devotion by a seemingly unaware cast is so true. They all really went for it. And honestly, I think all of them at different points gave solid performances, but the plot was so zany and full of so many holes that it was just an odd viewing experience. There would be a legitimately moving moving scene but it would be at the same time, totally ridiculous. I'm getting flashbacks to One Tree Hill when the medic carrying the heart for Dan's transplant tripped, it fell out of the cooler and was promptly taken away like a chew toy by a Golden Retriever in the hospital waiting room. It's that level of early aughts CW calamity going on. Still, nice to see young unknown actors catch a big break instead of casting well knowns. Imagine Miley Cyrus as a misunderstood Pogue. It made it even easier to get sucked into the craziness and over the top drama because there wasn't any previous reference to draw on with these actors. It felt like a table of millennials went from brunch to the television screen.

All the cell towers being down due to the hurricane was convenient because nothing sucks the drama out of a moment in film and tv these days like a pop up graphic beside a characters head as they receive a text message. It was the OC meets the Goonies and it took me right back to the 90s/early 2000s which I think has been the hook for so many viewers. It even comes complete with teens being played by adults in their mid to late twenties! John B sure has an impressive five o'clock shadow for a sixteen year old. And you gotta love that Dawson's Creek-level unrealistic dialogue from a bunch of high schoolers. 

As the show dragged continued on towards the end, even as John B found himself in rapidly escalating falsely accused fugitive circumstances, I cared less and less about him and Sarah and was more interested in how JJ, Kie, and Pope turned out and their interactions. I was surprised Kie went with Pope in the end. I was betting on JJ but maybe they're working a more slow burn there. 

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, CharethCutestory said:

It's that level of early aughts CW calamity going on ... it took me right back to the 90s/early 2000s which I think has been the hook for so many viewers. It even comes complete with teens being played by adults in their mid to late twenties! John B sure has an impressive five o'clock shadow for a sixteen year old. And you gotta love that Dawson's Creek-level unrealistic dialogue from a bunch of high schoolers. 

This so much! It had massive late 90's/early aughts The WB energy and I really miss those days so it was just such perfect nostalgia.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I kept thinking wouldn't they be able to a gun shot residue test on John B? 

Logic doesn't belong here!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I started watching this show a few weeks ago and got bored after 10 minutes of the Pilot. But it kept showing up all over my social media timeline and Buzzfeed can't shut up about it, so I decided to give it another chance. Well I at least made it through the Pilot this time and about 10 minutes of the second episode and I have lost count how many times I've rolled my eyes.

Between the numerous stupid decisions by the main character and his friends, the black friend who is apparently on track to a great future wasting it around clearly loser friends, looking at you JJ kid, Mr. I'll steal and fire off a gun. The girl in the group is whatever and don't care about what may or may not happen between her and the main character or any of the other guys in the group. Also, I do hope she has some female friends because I'm sorry, I do think it's weird for a teenage girl to spend all her time with three male guys. 

The mystery is a giant who gives a fuck and in general it was just so try hard. Like it was trying so hard to be interesting with the missing father, murdered guy, crazy gun toting men chasing and yet it was all just so meh.

Also, the actor playing John B needs to enunciate better. I had to put my television ridiculously loud and still couldn't understand half of his narration because it was all mumble and he was talking really fast. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So I started watching this show a few weeks ago and got bored after 10 minutes of the Pilot. But it kept showing up all over my social media timeline and Buzzfeed can't shut up about it, so I decided to give it another chance. Well I at least made it through the Pilot this time and about 10 minutes of the second episode and I have lost count how many times I've rolled my eyes.

I'm not going to lie- I watched this show because John B, JJ, Topper, and Rafe all looked like they could have been in the 2002 Abercrombie and Fitch quarterly catalog. As a gay man who had his interests formed during the Abercrombie era, I found myself enticed enough by the visuals to keep watching. 

• Love 3
On 4/23/2020 at 12:41 AM, twoods said:

Topper is such a douche bag. He was trying to drown John B but he’s playing victim since he had a gun to his head. I hope someone kicks the shit out of him and I’m only on the second episode. I’m liking Kiara and Pope so far, and since I prefer her to Sarah of course they would be pushing Sarah towards John B. Why wouldn’t they go the rich spoiled brat falls in love with poor nice guy trope? 

I agree that the hair is glorious on this show. It looks so hot and humid in all their scenes, yet their hair is beautiful and frizz free. Gotta love it.

I'm only on the second episode as well. Sarah doesn't sound like an awesome girl to me so far. She's cheated on all her previous boyfriends according to her sister and looking like she's heading to probably cheating on her current one. Topper is a douche but Sarah doesn't sound much better 

• Love 2
On 5/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, CharethCutestory said:

Oh my God where to begin with this show. Well I binged it in a little over a day. I don't know what happened. I fell into a wormhole maybe? I don't really remember the time passing. Just that I kept hitting next episode until John B and Sarah were shipwrecked then rescued  and en route to of all places...the Bahamas! Of course! Pack your bags and passports JJ, Kie and Pope! School? Your own safety? Jail time? Who cares! Next season you get to chase down John B and his girlfriend in another country and put your lives in danger yet again because Pogies never say die! or something. I'd say John B needs his ass kicked but I don't want to encourage any more than every other scene of this show featuring someone, usually JJ, getting their ass kicked. We get it, show, life is tough in The OB. 

What everyone said about the camp factor being played straight and with total devotion by a seemingly unaware cast is so true. They all really went for it. And honestly, I think all of them at different points gave solid performances, but the plot was so zany and full of so many holes that it was just an odd viewing experience. There would be a legitimately moving moving scene but it would be at the same time, totally ridiculous. I'm getting flashbacks to One Tree Hill when the medic carrying the heart for Dan's transplant tripped, it fell out of the cooler and was promptly taken away like a chew toy by a Golden Retriever in the hospital waiting room. It's that level of early aughts CW calamity going on. Still, nice to see young unknown actors catch a big break instead of casting well knowns. Imagine Miley Cyrus as a misunderstood Pogue. It made it even easier to get sucked into the craziness and over the top drama because there wasn't any previous reference to draw on with these actors. It felt like a table of millennials went from brunch to the television screen.

All the cell towers being down due to the hurricane was convenient because nothing sucks the drama out of a moment in film and tv these days like a pop up graphic beside a characters head as they receive a text message. It was the OC meets the Goonies and it took me right back to the 90s/early 2000s which I think has been the hook for so many viewers. It even comes complete with teens being played by adults in their mid to late twenties! John B sure has an impressive five o'clock shadow for a sixteen year old. And you gotta love that Dawson's Creek-level unrealistic dialogue from a bunch of high schoolers. 

As the show dragged continued on towards the end, even as John B found himself in rapidly escalating falsely accused fugitive circumstances, I cared less and less about him and Sarah and was more interested in how JJ, Kie, and Pope turned out and their interactions. I was surprised Kie went with Pope in the end. I was betting on JJ but maybe they're working a more slow burn there. 

Oh great I have a love triangle between friends to look forward too🙄 

I've seen on SM how John B and Sarah is this awesome romance and whatever. I'm only into the second episode and hearing her sister tell Topper that she's cheated on every boyfriend so far and warning him it could happen to him. Doesn't sound like Sarahs an awesome girl to me or someone I'd root for John to get with. Toppers a douche so far but Romatncizing cheating is gross. Also it sounding like they hint at Kie caught between JJ and Pope makes me roll my eyes I despise Love Triangles 

(edited)
On 5/27/2020 at 12:25 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm not going to lie- I watched this show because John B, JJ, Topper, and Rafe all looked like they could have been in the 2002 Abercrombie and Fitch quarterly catalog. As a gay man who had his interests formed during the Abercrombie era, I found myself enticed enough by the visuals to keep watching. 

As a straight woman from the same era, the men.. er... “boys” in this were giving me LIFE! Thank you to John B’s hairstylist. I was having a 1999 surfer hot guy moment. Why wasn’t everyone in town after that hottie, oh cause he’s a Pogue. Got it. 

I loved this and binged it over a weekend. It was just the right amount of camp and suspense to keep me enthralled. 

The treasure hunt aspect was a seemingly impossible goal, and a great way to keep the group connected throughout their individual stories. 

ETA: Ward Cameron is played by the same actor who plays Josh Porter (of the Stamford branch) on The Office. I was going crazy trying to figure out where I had seen that actor before!

Edited by EastCoast4Life
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

ETA: Ward Cameron is played by the same actor who plays Josh Porter (of the Stamford branch) on The Office. I was going crazy trying to figure out where I had seen that actor before!

I know him as Deacon on Nashville. He was also on Whose Line is It Anyway back in the day.

I kept thinking I recognized Shoupe from somewhere, and turns out he was Junk on One Tree Hill! He was basically an extra for a decade on that show, so I’m glad he got something to do here!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 8:04 PM, EastCoast4Life said:

As a straight woman from the same era, the men.. er... “boys” in this were giving me LIFE! Thank you to John B’s hairstylist. I was having a 1999 surfer hot guy moment. Why wasn’t everyone in town after that hottie, oh cause he’s a Pogue. Got it. 

I was super into JJ because his hair was also majestic. And I swear to god Topper looked like Milo Ventigmiglia mixed with Drew Fuller from Charmed. But yeah, I felt like I was watching an extended Abercrombie and Fitch quarterly catalog and I was living for it.

Anyway, YouTube channel Pretty Much It did a review of Outer Banks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHBOHkZj9k

Eric was supppppeeeeerrrrrr into the Sarah/John B ship. I think he was mainly into Sarah, though. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2020 at 11:14 PM, Artsda said:

So happy!

Loved the video.

They’re all so happy! I can’t wait for Season 2!

On 7/30/2020 at 5:32 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Netflix knows what the people want to see!

• Love 1
On 4/25/2020 at 12:25 AM, shoregirl said:

This show is dumb as hell but  I got teary eyed when after the kids were told that John D and Sarah were missing and Popes and Kees parents came in and hugged them then popes dad pulled JJ into their family hug.

I have a soft spot for JJ. He did some truly reckless and stupid things but he was loyal and does seem to have a good heart.  

One question lingers did they take a boat to Chapel Hill ? North Carolina geography is not my forte but I'm pretty sure it's land locked and in the central part of the state. One minute they were on the Boat next minute walking through Chapel Hill.

😂

I really laughed at this.  We vacationed on the Outer Banks for 20 years, so I am familiar with the ferries and distance between places.

I even had to laugh when the writers mentioned Shem Creek.  Just lazy or did they finally decide to the shout out to where they are really filming?  At least people are seeing parts of Shem Creek that they normally don't.  Also, the writers are too damn lazy to really research hurricanes and what really happens.

I will admit, Mr. iluv and I did enjoy this shit show.

• Love 1

I binged this show in a day. Even though I knew it was going to be pretentious and unrealistic I was so bored that I decided to watch it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised. It was exactly how I imagined it to be, yet I was still very entertained.

On the boat in the storm John B says "I'd rather die that go to jail" and kook princess Sarah replies "I'd rather die that be without you". I laughed out loud during that since. I don't think that was the intended reaction but I couldn't help but wonder how long these two had really knowned each other to say things like that. So melodramatic, so intense. It was just a funny show.

I felt uncomfortable when Sarah joined the group and was suddenly John B's priority. It felt like she became the lead female and Kie was relegated to supporting character and I didn't like it. I comforted myself with the fact that she (kie) rejected all three of them (the guys). She was their friend who happened to be a girl and didn't want to be anything else. I thought she might be into Sarah but I just liked the fact that she wasn't into any of the guys. Sometimes a girl just wants to be friends. But then they had her kiss Pope in the last episode. I did not like that. I didn't even see it coming, it was so strange.

Obviously I loved their always perfect hair of the characters and their pretty faces. I loved the friendship of the pogues even though their shenanigans were unrealistic. I especially loved JJ and Pope's relationship. They were my favorite pairing even if not romantic. I guess that is one of the reasons I didn't like the kiss between Kie and Pope. I hope it was just all the emotions of the last episode and they will be back to being just friends in season 2. I also don't want to see Kie and JJ together. This is the first time I am against a romantic pairing of my favorite female character with my favorite male. For once I am one of those who just want friendship.

I can already roll my eyes at John B (stupidest name ever with Topper being close second) and Sarah in the Bahamas. What can they possibly do to get the gold back? In reality nothing but in this fiction they will probably be a real thorn in Ward's back. 

When Barry said he owned Rafe, that was another LOL moment for me. Who is going to believe him? He is a drug dealer, he wasn't at the scene. Ward and his wife will back Rafe's story. Barry had nothing and Rafe would know that if he wasn't an idiot.

I hope they will tone the violence down in season two. The almost drowning, the almost beating someone to death. That was strange. Who does that besides psychopaths?

In summary a silly entertaining show. I will be back for season 2 but they better not ruined the dynamic of the main characters.

• Love 2

This show is enjoyable summer romp. Sunny beaches, pretty cast, crazy treasure hunt plot, heightened emotions, DRAMA!11 etc. Sometimes it reminded me of 1980s action/adventure movies, like Romancing the Stone, sometimes it's Dawson's Creek, with all that teen angst and big dramatic scenes with people yelling and crying. The main characters have a solid chemistry between and the friendship stuff is great.

At the same time the writing is weird about making romantic sub-plots out of the blue, later completely dropping those romantic subplots for no reason and then introducing romantic sub-plots for no reason. Plus, I noticed a certain writing repetition for all potential and real romantic couples in the show that the writers clearly consider to be the height of narrative parallel perfection but to me it comes off as rather weird. So, at the beginning of the season Kiara was romantically inclined towards John B, so a number of scenes between them went like this:

K: Please, be careful. *longing look*

John B. *distressed over something, angsty*: Okay. *runs away*

Then the camera work some other episode pans out to Kiara trying to hold his hand, with yet another longing look.

The last couple of episode of the season: 

K: Please, be careful. *longing look*

Pope: *distressed over something, angsty*: Okay.*runs away*

Then the camera work some other episode pans out to Kiara trying to hold his hand, with yet another longing look.

Same stuff happened with Sara and the annoying ex vs Sarah/John B, and the entire Ursa Major/Polar Star that repeated three times.

Again, not sure why Kiara/John B relationship was dropped, not sure why Pope/Kiara is now on. The show is weird.

The other issue I've had is that the show looks like its ten episodes are completely unnecessary. I'm pretty sure the plot in season 1 ended like, in episode 8, and after that the show was just spinning the wheels.

(edited)

I can't look away from this show, even though every 10 minutes or so I'm yelling at the tv "No! Don't do that!" when one of the kids does something stupid.

ETA: in episode 10 Cleo is standing in for the audience.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

I’m not done with season 2, but the Pogue reunion was perfect for this show: wacky, chaotic, and sweet. The looks on all of their faces were perfect. I love this ridiculous show.

Why did this have to be released in the middle of the Olympics! It’s messing up my binge watching.

• Love 2

I dont really know why but I do find this show enjoyable. I liked this season better than the first. I like it when the 5 of them are together in one place doing shady shit.

Ward really cant die can he. He has like 9 lives.

The ending was not that shocking. I was calling it since last season.

• Love 3

I haven't started season two yet but I am so relieved to read all of your promising comments thus far.  After a  string of Netflix favourites turning to sudden shit on me this summer, I look forward to tuning back into this crazy show this evening knowing that it will deliver! 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 3

I love this show for summer, it's soapy, fast paced and I like treasure hunts. It's so bingeable.  I'm ready for season 3.

I love the P4L core 4 scenes together, when they saw each other again on the street all running from different people it was just perfect and so them. 

OMG they did some stupid though. I don't even know which was dumbest but I think I vote for letting the wasp allergy Pope drive 5 seconds after getting revived. When JB and Poper were wandering around the rising tide swamp water, I'm like this isn't a good idea JJ said there were gators. 

JB's dad I didn't expect, Cameron not being dead I did.

Seems like they're doing more Kiara/JJ now instead of Pope and Pope's with Cleo?

Didn't JB and Sarah see Rafe kill the sheriff? Why wouldn't their eye witness account not trump Cameron's confession.

• Love 1

The husband and I binged this show all weekend. It was definitely ridiculous and enjoyable. Even though they do very dumb things, you just kinda go along with it. One thing I would have liked that they did differently was age the characters up just a little. They get into all these situations, John B and JJ are basically living alone and then they randomly go to school and  I remember "oh yeah, they're only sixteen." Make them at least 19/20. All the actors are in their 20s so it would work.

I had completely forgotten about Big John, so when he showed up I was surprised. Not at all shocked about Ward. When the boat blew up my husband and I looked at each other and said "he's not dead."

I loved their reunion. Of course they all happen to be in Charleston at the same time. And of course Cleo happens to be working on the same ship. I laughed at poor Topper showing up at the Cameron house at the end and nobody being there. 

I hope it gets renewed for a 3rd season!

• Love 2

I haven't had time to watch as much of this wild ride as I want to right now, I'm only one episode in, but guys...I am so excited to see more soon. The first episode is everything I ever wanted, and these comments are making me even more psyched. This show is so unironically soapy and I love it.

• Love 4

I'm on episode 5 of the first season. There were about a half-dozen situations so far in those episodes when I felt like they might as well just say, "WELCOME TO THE OC, BITCH." 

Oh! Oh! 

"Welcome to the OB, bitch!" - - though that sounds like a menacing obstetrician. 

• LOL 2

I didn't know anything could be worse than season 1... until I watched season 2. 

And I love it.

Nothing makes any sense, but who cares? They're pretty people who can barely act doing outrageously crazy things that would never happen in real life... it's television gold!!

Of COURSE no one actually died. Why would they?  Duh. 

Didn't season 1 take place in less than a week or so, and season 2 picked up immediately after and also took place in less than a week or so? And didn't John B break his arm in season 1? And then get bitten by an alligator in season 2? But nah... he's totally healthy.  (Let's ignore Sarah here, her outcome was totally normal too.  Did everyone notice that she always had a clean bandage?)

Yikes. It's so bad, that it's excellent. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1