Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: May the Breast Man Win

• Start Topic

Normally I wouldn't comment on the looks of the guests, but since these pay such close attention to their looks and obsess on them so much.... They are some of the ugliest women I've ever seen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I actually don’t mind Parker.  The thing is for both Parker and Madison is that any mistake they make is promptly broadcast to both interior and deck crew.  So, they don’t get reprimanded once, they get called out multiple times which frustrates them and results in the impressions of their ineptitude becoming exaggerated.  If Paget and Jenna were better leaders, they’d stop the constant complaining about their poorly performing crew which does, after all, does reflect on them.  But they don’t and since certain crew members such as Ciara, Georgia etc. do not get called out, I’m afraid that Parker and Madison will continue to be on the receiving end for the rest of the season.

Edited by Pattycake2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

I actually don’t mind Parker.  The thing is for both Parker and Madison is that any mistake they make is promptly broadcast to both interior and deck crew.  So, they don’t get reprimanded once, they get called out multiple times which frustrates them and results in the impressions of their ineptitude becoming exaggerated.  If Paget and Jenna were better leaders, they’d stop the constant complaining about their poorly performing crew which does, after all, does reflect on them.  But they don’t and since certain crew members such as Ciara, Georgia etc. do not get called out, I’m afraid that Parker and Madison will continue to be on the receiving end for the rest of the season.

This is spot on!  I don't blame Parker or Madison for being so defensive since the whole crew puts in their two cents in about everything little thing they do.  Captain Glen needs to be Intune to this too and maybe talk to Parker alone without Paget.  I like Parker and Madison.

I thought the swimming thing was out of line.  Or maybe it was the way it was done.  The Captain gave Jenna approval to go but not Ciara who is not under Jenna.  Ciara did not ask Paget permission and blew him off when he mentioned it.  Can you imagine if Parker had done that?  There is definitely a Mean Girl vibe on the boat.  Parker and Madison are not in it.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

I haven't watched all the early seasons of the different BD shows but it's clearly the case that every season now, they try to pick one or two cast members who have this threat of being fired hanging over them for big parts of the season.

That drives a good chunk of episodes.

So all these shows, it's about who's going to hook up with whom, who's going to be sent home, who's going to clash with whom, etc.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, scrb said:

So all these shows, it's about who's going to hook up with whom, who's going to be sent home, who's going to clash with whom, etc.

Yeah, they seem to always cast at least one person who is really not qualified for their job.  Bonus points if that person also thinks that they could do someone else's job better than the person doing it - Rocky could have been a chef y'all!  

The problem with this cast is that they are all sort of equally white bread annoying so I just don't care.  I don't care that Madison annoys Jenna, and vice versa, because I don't like either or them.  Such a waste of a season, with such a pretty ship.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Parker's ADHD ass should be fired just for thinking it's alright to leave skid marks in or on a shared toilet.

That reminds me: a friend of mine tells me her husband pees all over the wall and floor in their bathroom.  I'd divorce him.

On topic:  yeah, that was WAY too much info and rather gross.  But it has me thinking: who is responsible for cleaning the crew bathrooms?  I'd assume that falls to the folks in the room, so in this case Adam and Parker.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, gaPeach said:

The Captain gave Jenna approval to go but not Ciara who is not under Jenna.  Ciara did not ask Paget permission and blew him off when he mentioned it. 

Jenna did ask Glenn if both her and Ciara could go swimming, so Ciara did have the captain's permission. However, I agree that since Paget is her boss as well, she should have gone to him and asked for his permission also.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

Jenna did ask Glenn if both her and Ciara could go swimming, so Ciara did have the captain's permission. However, I agree that since Paget is her boss as well, she should have gone to him and asked for his permission also.

Though Ciara did say she was going on break after they finished cleaning up the picnic and got back to the boat. To me it didn’t seem that Paget was actually mad, same with the fuck you which was said lightly it’s their weird fucked up dynamic and they should be careful about it because it’s a work place but neither was actually upset or wrong. Parker screaming fuck you in anger was different.

• Love 1
On 4/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Please no. A thousand times no. This is without doubt the ugliest cast of the entire “Below Deck” franchise.

I politely must disagree. 

Watched Season One reruns this week. Oh boy, Season one Kat, et al .

The homeliest cast except for Eddie. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

I politely must disagree. 

Watched Season One reruns this week. Oh boy, Season one Kat, et al .

The homeliest cast except for Eddie. 

You have a point but these mooks are really unattractive.

If I never see that ginger Ewok in a bikini again I will be a happy camper.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

If I never see that ginger Ewok in a bikini again I will be a happy camper.

for a young gal her butt is not great (shallow shallow, but if you're on one these shows you have to expect it)

So I missed this episode last week...too many competing recordings, which I didn't notice til the next day. So why, Bravo, can I not see a repeat of this episode without Kate's commentary, and I like Kate as a character on BD but don't really need to hear her thoughts. BUT THEY REBROADCAST EIGHT YEAR OLD EPISODES OF THE VILE TABITHA TAKES ON show. Tabitha, who I CAN'T STAND. All week, not one rebroadcast of BDSY from last bloody week. Infuriating.

Edited by Red Bridey
Typo
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2020 at 8:36 AM, Barbara Please said:

Parker was laughing about the 'breastfeeding joke' in a previous episode and even did a selfie with Jenna making light of the joke. Now he's pissed off about. Parker can't seem to pick a lane. 

True, he was, but when you realize (even in retrospect) that the people "joking" with you don't actually like you, it's more like you see they were laughing at you, not with you...

Edited by IslandGirl
  • Love 3
On 4/22/2020 at 3:05 AM, IslandGirl said:

True, he was, but when you realize (even in retrospect) that the people "joking" with you don't actually like you, it's more like you see they were laughing at you, not with you...

This, and if it goes on and on and on and on... Some things are maybe a little bit funny the first time, or you laugh the first time even if you don't like it, but for the 8 thousandth time maybe not so much.

• Love 7