Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Lily is staying with Maddy for the same reason Chelsea went to stay with Connor. That’s the go to, for the monkeys with a keyboard, when there is a maternity leave.  Danny is left alone for a while leaving Taz🌪️ and Heather to complete for his attention.  

If Audra and Tucker have history, where does Noah fit in?  Pre or post Tucker or at the same time?  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

assuming they weren't fake.

they are probably as real as the fruit sitting on all the bars.

19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Looks like Tucker and his never-ending, twisty schemes might be straining Audra's patience. Hmm.

was it just me and my dirty mind, but did anyone else catch the suppressed  smile/laughter from Audra when Tucker was massaging that throw pillow into his groin?

18 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

If Audra and Tucker have history, where does Noah fit in?  Pre or post Tucker or at the same time?  

I would bet 'same time'.  I think the GCAC is considering installing a revolving door on her room.

• LOL 15

Do any of you have the slightest interest in this never-ending corporate takeover storyline?  Especially when entire episodes are devoted to it.  As soon as I see one happening, I FF through the episode.

I really miss Tucker being with Ashley.  TSJ literally sparkled when he was in scenes with her and was able to express his sense of humor.  Way better than the Snidely Whiplash version we have now.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Love 4

I'm still not caught up yet but some random thoughts... 

- I never liked Jill all that much back in the day but still had some pangs in the scenes with notmyBilly. 

- I'm starting to wonder if Victor calls Nikki "my baby" because either he or the actor can't be bothered to remember her name. Still 🤮

- Vodka isnt odorless. You can smell vodka on people. It might dissipate a bit faster?  

- Do folks like Audra? She won me over in just a handful of episodes. Such a classic, soapy kind of character (smart, sexy pot-stirrer) and the actress seems to have chemistry with most of her scene partners. 

- I'm having trouble keeping Chance and  Kyle straight. They look so much alike.  And they're boring.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

was it just me and my dirty mind, but did anyone else catch the suppressed  smile/laughter from Audra when Tucker was massaging that throw pillow into his groin?

Nope, my dirty mind caught it too and I imagined what he might've been trying to hide under the pillow. I think maybe TSJ improvised the moment and it caught ZS off-guard.

I would bet 'same time'.  I think the GCAC is considering installing a revolving door on her room.

Heh, yesterday I was thinking what excellent contraceptives Audra must be using because any other woman in GC would've had several WTD? scares by now. I wonder if the story she told Noah about her miscarriage back in London was true, but it was actually Tucker's kid?

Vodka isnt odorless. You can smell vodka on people

Yes but at that point it has interacted with the person's bodily fluids and other chemistry associated with, say, food or clothing. Meanwhile, I just took a whiff of some Grey Goose I happen to have handy for science purposes (😉) and it had no odor. That's versus some isopropyl alcohol which definitely had a smell.

I haven't watched today's episode yet but I was channel-surfing and caught a moment between Victoria and Devon. It looked like he's got something extra going on with his facial hair too. That makes three male characters whose grooming is noticeably different lately. Two could've been a coincidence but IMO three equals a pattern. Does Y&R have a product placement deal with an LA barber, or one of those deluxe shaving kits?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Meanwhile, I just took a whiff of some Grey Goose I happen to have handy for science purposes (😉) and it had no odor. That's versus some isopropyl alcohol which definitely had a smell.

Interesting. My childhood was spent surrounded by alcoholic vodka-drinkers but then none of them could afford the better brands. I'm sure the Newman bar is only stocked with the good stuff. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Hugs 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Do any of you have the slightest interest in this never-ending corporate takeover storyline?  Especially when entire episodes are devoted to it.  As soon as I see one happening, I FF through the episode.

I really miss Tucker being with Ashley.  TSJ literally sparkled when he was in scenes with her and was able to express his sense of humor.  Way better than the Snidely Whiplash version we have now.

No interest whatsoever. It's all moving pieces between these mega-conglomerates and none of it matters at all. No one is becoming homeless because they lost their CEO job at this company today because they'll be named co-COO at this other company tomorrow. There are literally no real stakes in any of it.

And where is the romance? Truly name one couple that has you fully enthralled? Or even mildly interested? There's Adam/Sally, but that was ruined by the writers and Nick, so I don't really care anymore. But other than that? Nothing.

Kyle and Summer's marriage fell apart and where's their angst and will they/won't they get back together? Not that I want them to, don't like either of them, but it's soap storytelling 101 to draw things out. Have one longing for the other. Doing anything possible to win them back. Nope. Crickets. Same when Chance and Abby broke up. 

The only one who shows any lingering effects from a breakup is Adam - and that's only so that the writers can have the other characters bash him day to day, have Nick abuse him daily and Sally shoot him down over and over. There's never too much heaped on Adam.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Absolute ZERO interest in who’s taking over whose company!!  All the players continue to talk in circles about potential takeovers but have ZERO evidence that iit is actually happening!  Get a grip grown ups!  FF every scene and yikes there is nothing left to watch.

Heather plotting how to get back with Daniel is a bit of diversion but not too exciting.  Heather’s baby voice puts me off.

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 12/10/2023 at 6:52 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

This time, it seems like she knows she has a problem and is determined to pull herself together

On today's show, not only is Nikki taking swigs from a vodka bottle at home, she's taking nips from the flask she carries with her when she's not at home - - this is not pulling herself together, this is sinking deeper and deeper into her addiction - - my suggestion is that Nikki get a new family, one whose members care about each other.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

the actress seems to have chemistry with most of her scene partners. 

I thought ZS was rather stiff in the beginning of her run on the show, but I now think she really has come into her own as Audra.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Heather is so thirsty Lake Michigan and Lake Superior must be getting nervous. I don't know how Daniel can't see what's going on with her.

Audra making herself at home in Nikki's office. Okay. Seemed more than a tad presumptuous but lucky for Audra, Nikki had more liquid pressing things on her mind.

Nate: family, family, family. Family, family. Family.
Devon: you don't need to keep trying this hard, cuz. You're officially back on the payroll.

TMW your boss tells you a former co-worker tried to kill her and her entire family over the weekend. How do you even process news like that?

Heather was being ever so understanding and sympathetic when Daniel told her about Lily and Mattie's sad situation. It was laughable to me how fake Heather's behavior was yet Daniel still bought her act.

Geez, Cole could've gotten in trouble in OR if he'd been caught entering the taped-off crime scene. And I think he should've been arrested by the fashion police for the shirt he had on today. What was that fabric, faded brushed denim?

Audra's waist is snatched, as the cool kids say. 🤯

Lol, you're definitely left out of your family's drama, Abby. You still don't know they were recently lured across the country to be held hostage and poisoned. The least your daddy could do is warn you about Jordan since she's on the loose.

Abby looking at Heather like, "Do you hear the words coming out of your mouth?" Between Abby, Devon, and Daniel, she seemed to be the only one who wasn't fooled by Heather.

What's the holdup? Victoria and Cole, get the DNA test on Claire ASAP. Gah.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I thought Meegan Marlel Looked SMASHING today.I Couldn't figure out if it was a deep forest  green or black, but she looked great. IMO she is a great addition to the cast.

Really,I'm soooo tired of  the corporate bullshit.The only corporate scenario I want to see is a nice, juicy lawsuit for sexual harassment with Groucho and Smugly.  It will never happen, but maybe the MWT can invent this with two unknown "underlings" and get with the program that it's ain't cool to bang coworkers

Damn Vikki, I really want you to pull yourself together and politely ask that withered old corpse you live with to HELP YOU BY GETTING RID OF TH LIQUOR IN THE HOUSE.

Speaking of Groucho, I am so mesmerized by those brows I can't really concentrate on her dialogue.

What are they doing with my darling Tucker? Not happy :(

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I still don’t understand why Lucy lives with Heather even though she has her own bedroom at her father’s condo.  Lucy doesn’t seem to be afraid of her father anymore.  

As I thought, Heather is on Daniel like stink on shit.  Abby seems to be able to see this also. Women are very intuitive when it comes to seeing a look, of desire,  in another woman’s eyes. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

There should be lots of vodka bottles clinking in the Newman family trash bags by now. Does Victor fail to notice the staff putting the new bottles out? Does the staff not bother to tell the TGVN that his wife (or someone in his manse) is rapidly depleting the vodka inventory? I did a better job of busting a teen age babysitter after she raided our liquor cabinet ONCE.  I have always liked the actress playing Audra but, IMO her reaction to Nikki today, when being informed about the recent shenanigans of looney tunes Clair was definitely subpar. I was disappointed. Also, Sally and Adam's potential for a rapturous reuniting seems to have withered away. Did JG keep the arc of that plot line suspended for far too long to sustain either the interest of the audience, or the actors?

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

@Joimiaroxeu...Thanks for the Bella paternity explanation. 

Now back to plotting to take over a multinational corporation...anyone's, just let me be a C-whatever , cause I got absolutely no experience, except I got lots of FAMILY to hire. 

Ahhh, the good old days when these companies actually seemed to have services or products. Remember when Gloria tampered with a face cream and almost ended Jabot ?? And Ashley in her white smock, with her test tubes, Queen of the perfume lab ?? 

Nikki are you too wasted to realize that you need a pour spout to transfer the Vodka into that teeny tiny flask ?? OOOppppssss "Mom !! I'm home !! Yet another CEO who can't seem to find an office.

• Like 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

can someone help me out here? Last time I watched the show, Heather was madly in luv with some dude in Portugal. weren't they going to get married and live happily ever after? So why is she now back in GC and itching to get into Daniel's pants? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I still don’t understand why Lucy lives with Heather even though she has her own bedroom at her father’s condo.  Lucy doesn’t seem to be afraid of her father anymore.  

I presume that's because, although Heather isn't Lucy's mother, Lucy looks on her as such since she's never known anyone else in that role.  Also, Heather has apparently always been there for Lucy even when Daniel wasn't.  It seems that Daniel recognizes and supports that relationship which says something really good about him, IMO.

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

can someone help me out here? Last time I watched the show, Heather was madly in luv with some dude in Portugal. weren't they going to get married and live happily ever after? So why is she now back in GC and itching to get into Daniel's pants? 

A while back Heather returned to Portugal and ended it with her imaginary boyfriend.  There were some noises made that the guy turned out not to be all that but the guy and Heather's relationship with him are as murky and undeveloped as Daniel's family-destroying times in Savannah are.

When Nikki changes to Drinki, she shows what a seasoned pro she is.  Nifty little flask for the purse for work and two handed drinking from the bottle at home.  How much y'all wanna bet Vicki won't notice a thing about her mother's drinking tomorrow?

Cole looked better today.  I can't pin down exactly why, but he looked less...gaunt?

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What was that fabric, faded brushed denim?

It was a wide wale corduroy in faded rust/red/pink(?).  That fabric is too heavy to be a shirt but I remember a lot of it being worn in the 70's.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4

I don’t know if the shows has ever specifically addressed this but I can’t see how it’s not the case that Heather is Lucy’s adopted mom given that Heather is a lawyer, married to Lucy’s dad for over a decade, Heather was able to take primary custody of Lucy after the divorce and, even if Heather, despite her legal training, didn’t think the technicality of legal adoption was necessary when she was married to Daniel, Heather lived abroad with Lucy so would want full parental rights in case of emergency.   Plus, she raised Lucy.  She’s her mom.   

But yeah, soap opera reality is different than reality.  

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Taz🌪️

Chelsea

Sharon

Jack

Nostrils

They have been nominated for a daytime Emmy.  Thoughts?  

I like Peter Bergman aka Jack. ........that's pretty much it for me.

IMHO, the daytime Emmy's had relevance many years ago but these days, not so much.  With only 4 shows left, it's pretty much a case of rewards for attendance.  

• Like 15
  • Love 1

I've seen on a couple of Hollywood news sites that MS (Phyllis) is expected to win for lead actress. Not sure what that's based on unless it's already been leaked by whoever counts the ballots.

It was a wide wale corduroy in faded rust/red/pink(?).  That fabric is too heavy to be a shirt but I remember a lot of it being worn in the 70's.

Oh okay, the wide wale corduroy makes sense to me but not the fading. Either way, is that look back in style or did Cole pull it out of an old trunk in his attic? 🤡

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh okay, the wide wale corduroy makes sense to me but not the fading. Either way, is that look back in style or did Cole pull it out of an old trunk in his attic? 🤡

After I read your original post, I went back and looked at that shirt and yep, I had one pretty much like it back in the disco days.  I remember wearing it mostly like a very light jacket over a teeshirt and I loved it.  But then again I never had any taste.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15

can’t see how it’s not the case that Heather is Lucy’s adopted mom given that Heather is a lawyer, married to Lucy’s dad for over a decade, Heather was able to take primary custody of Lucy after the divorce and, even if Heather, despite her legal training, didn’t think the technicality of legal adoption was necessary when she was married to Daniel, Heather lived abroad with Lucy so would want full parental rights in case of emergency.   Plus, she raised Lucy.  She’s her mom.   

I don't get anything about it either beyond Lucy considering Heather her mom since she's grown up with her. The answer I've always gotten is that Lucy's bio-mother Daisy is still alive somewhere and apparently hasn't rescinded her parental rights.

Plus, allegedly Daniel is still married to Daisy and that's why he hasn't been able to marry Heather. I think would be easy just to have Daisy die off-screen but TPTB don't seem to want to close that door permanently.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

You noticed that too, huh.

I had the same question but she had one today. 

Well whaddya know? Prictor bought a clue and realized the scene at the motel was a set up. But I was surprised he didn't forbid Michael from defending claire. Whether or not he has a right is irrelevant. It's certainly never stopped him before.

Chloe, I beg you, STFU. "nick, you're dreamy and smart. And handsome" or words to that effect. No Chloe, he really isn't ANY of those things. And if I have to listen to one more person talk about how Adam is tricking Sally, I'm going to hurl. She's a grown ass woman. Let her make her own decisions, and face the consequences like the rest of us. "Fight for her." "If you love her..." that's just it. He doesn' t love her. He never did. He just wanted a 'win' over Adam. He demanded that Adam have no say in his own unborn child's life. He wasn't to be permitted at any doctor appointment, wasn't allowed to express any concern for Sally's health or that of the baby. All because he-man Nick laid claim to both Sally and the baby. If anyone tricked Sally, it was Nick. 

I did love Adam telling Sally that regardless of how Chloe feels about him, he was glad Sally had a friend who would go to the mat for her.

Glad Christine realized she sounded like a jealous teenager, even if in the end, she still acted like one by looking directly at Phylthy through the window. Even though Christine is right, it just isn't a good look. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Victor and Nikki sure are cold and unforgiving. If Claire is Victoria and Cole’s daughter, she is their granddaughter.  A granddaughter who was kidnapped and lied to her entire life. I wouldn’t expect them to welcome her into their life with open arms, but a little compassion wouldn’t hurt. 

if Nikki is going to secretly drink, she should buy her own stash of vodka, not chug from the mini bar and then water that bottle down. Someone is sure to notice.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mrs Chipmunk just suck on Mr Chipmunks acorns and mind your own business.  Some friend Mrs Chipmunk that you actually think that Sally is so weak minded that Adam can manipulate her.  Mrs Chipmunk isn’t that your trying to do to Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍 to get back with Sally.  

WTF Nikki?  What do you mean by too much time has past?  Groucho shouldn’t embrace Claire as a long lost daughter?  Didn’t you embrace Det Deadwood when you found out her was your long lost. 

Would you believe that Groucho🥸🥸🥸 actually capable of sympathy. For now, it’s Groucho🥸🥸🥸 no more. It’s just plain Groucho. 

Hot sauce is the way to Sally’s heart.  I love a girl who loves a good burger and fries. 

I can’t decide who I dislike more Mrs Chipmunk or Taz🌪️. The only good thing about them is that their voices can rid GC of rats.  

Taz🌪️ is as genuine as a Coach bag sold by a vendor in New York City. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Taking bets now: Chance will step back in as the GCPD chief once Jordan's reign of terror against the Newmans comes to light.

Sigh, I'm with Nick: peppermint mocha = yuck.

OMG, Chloe, shut up! But first get your meddling behind over to the GCAC and check out who Sally's having lunch with. Then feel free to choke on your tears of impotent rage. 💩🤬☠️

Did Adam shave on the way over to the GCAC from the coffeehouse? The last time we saw him he had a dark, thin goatee but today his facial hair was barely visible. Continuity not FTW.

Pshht, Claire could enter a mental health facility in OR instead of coming all the way to WI. Plot contrivance is contrived.

Victor, Jordan is probably counting on your forcing Nikki to stay at the ranch. She'll make light work of your crack security team, and Nikki will be blackout drunk. You don't even know.

Danny is hella messy. He knows Christine and Phyllis can't stand each other for decades yet he's pretty much dating them both. 🙄

What was that liquid Nikki was pouring back into the half-empty vodka bottle? It better have been cheaper vodka and not merely water.

Had to laugh at the tiny funnel Nikki was using. JG was just jerking our chains yesterday when he had Nikki haplessly trying to refill her flask directly from the gigantic vodka bottle. Seems to me it'd be easier for the flask to have an unscrewable bottom.

Dinner. Sure, Sally, with Adam for dessert, amirite? No shame on your game.

Christine, do you really want to be getting strung along by an aging player, just to try to beat Phyllis at the competition for his attention? Think better of yourself, hon, because the life you save may be your own.

Whoa, Jordan had Nikki's slightly askew gait down perfectly! Brava, CZ!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

If MS wins an Emmy I will out my head in the oven.  Have the people who vote actually seen her ACT or have they been hypnotized by her blueteeth?

Chloe--get.a.life. and stop living thru Sally {whose life ain't all that great}.  Seriously I am getting such an uncomfortable vibe from her about Sally.

Christine was coming on too strong, butI could see Bluetooth watching, so I'm OK with that.

Help me out, please.  Is Danny supposed to be some hot guy women drool aver?  Honestly, he sorta gives me the creeps with that dyed hair and smarmy acting.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, VanillaBeanne said:

married to Lucy’s dad for over a decade

If Daniel went through with a wedding ceremony with Heather, then it's a case of bigamy since he and Lucy's mother, Daisy Carter, never divorced as Daisy disappeared back in 2012 and has not been seen, or heard from, since.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just going to summarize a few things here I may want to look back at in the future, if this show even has one. Which possible corporate takeovers am I deeply concerned about? NE, Jabot, or CW? None. Which show couples am I immersed in rooting for, to have a happy outcome? None. Okay then.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Js Nana said:

If Daniel went through with a wedding ceremony with Heather, then it's a case of bigamy since he and Lucy's mother, Daisy Carter, never divorced as Daisy disappeared back in 2012 and has not been seen, or heard from, since.

One can request a missing person to be declared legally dead after 5 to 7 years depending on the state. Don't know if Daniel has done that. I'm sure he and Heather never married though as they have never mentioned a divorce.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

I can't believe that Victor isn't thrilled at the prospect of another grandchild, attempted serial killer, or not.   In fact, eventually, Claire's skillset might make her one of Grampire's favorites.

What better for him than another grandchild to tell his annual orphanage tale of woe to?  Just think of him being able to tell her to get the hell over it, when he, as little more than a gnomish hatchling, was literally tossed out of a moving car at the barred doors of the Home for Little Strangers, where he was made to eat nothing but regret and grilled bitters while singing "It's a Small World".  Days spent piercing boils for profit, dressed in nothing but one shoulder garments from the sale bins of Fenmore's Department Store, going to sleep with only two dreams to hold onto - finding a baby he could call Baby and founding an international company that produces nothing but grief and being surrounded by children rejected by sideshow circuses.

And all Claire had was a lousy Aunt Jordan.

Getouttahere with that and haveanicedaynow, Victor is gonna LOVE her.

• Like 4
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Please help me restore my unconditional loyalty to and worshipful adoration for my father. My whole world has been upended; I’ve discovered that my parents might be sociopaths. It’s possible that my firstborn child survived her premature arrival and was spirited away by a deranged and vicious fashion designer from Oakdale, to be honed into a weapon of vengeance against my family. They talk about this potential grandchild as if… as if she’s Adam! They don’t seem to be able to imagine a child being repeatedly told by her only authority figure that her parents rejected her as inferior. This child was steeped in resentment and bile against my family from the day she was born through her most vulnerable and impressionable years. My ex and I hired her the best lawyer in town on her word that she’d take a DNA test, and my father acted as if I’d kicked him in the jimmies. I guess it’s pretty dumb to not get the DNA test prior to her release, but that’s just GC justice for you. Even my real brother is being a prehistoric prick about this, and my maybe daughter isn’t even the one who carved his moob like a roast. I can make allowances for my mother; she was given an IV(odka) full of booze AND she’s being sent snippets of Edgar Allan Poe’s work via text. I remember being an angsty college student in freshman English composition and thinking I was deep as hell sticking a few lines of Poe’s prose and poetry into every assignment. Like who are you trying to impress, lady? Anyways, please guide me back to a proper view of my father.

Signed;

Poe No!

Dear No!;

A proper view? You had no problem feeling justified in your anger when your pop unceremoniously booted you out of the big chair so he could gaslight you and dunk on the one guy genuinely trying to help him. You and your siblings ate that bowel movement buffet and went running back to the chef for more, so I assumed there was nothing that could pry you idiots out the old man’s log flume. I wouldn’t let your mom off the hook so easily; she lapped up her maybe granddaughter’s flattery like a cat with a Crisco can and let her supermassive ego override her common sense. Not that she deserves to have her sobriety wrecked; no one deserves that. Sober or not, your mother is a self-important snob and is as lacking in empathy as you imagine. Apologies if I sound harsh, but I’ve got Tucker McCall all up in my noseholes treating my family like it’s a dysfunctional cult, and the Newmans are right there. Hello? I am actually sympathetic to your mother; being tormented by a faux intellectual who owns the Reader’s Digest complete works of Poe, abridged, is no joke. That level of cringe could drive anyone to drink. Btw, your potential daughter could do a lot worse than Adam as a role model.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

OMG, Nick Newman is soooo dreamy. He’s rich, built like a shit brickhouse, handsome, smooth as salad dressing and just overflowing with pure, romantic love. Why can’t my bestie see that? She actually let this prize catch walk away so she could explore her feelings for Genoa City’s worst driver and biggest scumbag. I need to fix this somehow, but Nick and my bestie don’t seem to have their hearts in it. Help a cupid out here, dumbass!

Signed;

Love’s Fiery Arrow

Dear Arrow;

Come get your wife, Kevin Fisher. I’d ask Esther to fetch her, but I just ain’t up to that today. Let me clear up your misconceptions about town moped Nicholas Newman. He’s rich because he’s a nepoboon, he’s built like a port-a-potty and he’s smooth like a tetanus laden bed of nails. He’s full of pure something, alright, but it’s not romantic love. I mean, the guy bought his own hand flowers once. I used to feel the same as you about your bestie’s bed buddy, and for the same reason, but I’ve really made strides in mastering my anger. Really look deeply into his piercing eyes without a gun in your hand, and I think you’ll melt. Look into Nick’s too, and you’ll see a billboard with DUH written in neon lights across the surface. Put your bow and arrows away, Cupid. I think you accidentally hit Phyllis in the ass while she was stalking one of her earliest victims. Good luck and back off!

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, Js Nana said:

since he and Lucy's mother, Daisy Carter, never divorced

I find it hard to believe that Heather The Lawyer could not help Daniel petition the court for a no-contest divorce.  And follow that up with adoption procedures.

9 hours ago, boes said:

I can't believe that Victor isn't thrilled at the prospect of another grandchild,

maybe he ran out of ponies.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

It just occured to me that Aunt Jordan might not be getting the appreciation she deserves.

Usually, it takes actually having to be in the presence of a Newman to dislike them as intensely as Claire did with a lifetime of brainwashing.  I assume though, that even from a distance they exude a charm similar to the smells that come from a malfunctioning oil refinery or waste disposal plant.

But Aunt Jordan, with nothing more than sheer determination and a book full of old pictures, managed to create a weapon of mass destruction in Claire!  She just has that git-it-done spirit.

Now that Claire is on the verge of finding out whether or not she's a Newman, how will she really feel to be connected to this familial concoction that has the distinct odor of the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo and the Real Housewives of Death Row?

A broken down waste disposal plant or oil refinery may never have smelled so good!

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
17 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Is Danny supposed to be some hot guy women drool aver?  Honestly, he sorta gives me the creeps with that dyed hair and smarmy acting.

He's creepy looking now, with his shoe polish hair and his melty face--he is NOT leaning gracefully into late middle age-- but he was a pretty boy heartthrob back when Christine and Phyllis were into him, and that's still who they're seeing. And they're acting like 20 somethings too, or maybe that's an insult to 20 somethings. 

Christine needs to dump him already tho. He might not be dating Phyllis--or he might--but he's more than willingly hanging out with a woman who literally tried to murder her, all while he's actively romancing the Bug. Not to mention how creepy PHYLLIS is. Like, embarrassing levels of creepy. Let her have him. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, luna1122again said:

Not to mention how creepy PHYLLIS is. Like, embarrassing levels of creepy. Let her have him. 

Phyllis (love her or hate her) used to be a force of nature. I don't even recognize this version. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

a deranged and vicious fashion designer from Oakdale,

Hee, Oakdale. I see what you did there, NP.

OMG, Nick Newman is soooo dreamy. He’s rich, built like a shit brickhouse, handsome, smooth as salad dressing

There's a weird disconnect between Chloe's eyes and her brain. She thinks  it's Nick's face on these:

BKahIYc.jpg

Chloe also thinks the brand is owned by Nick's family. She stupid.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 13

Jack pronounced "ruse" to rhyme with "truce." Ehhh. 😐

Oh come on, Tucker, how big of a fool do you think Jack is? Maybe instead of offering him a handshake you should've sent him a lovely holiday fruitcake. And a card reading "Bygones!" 🙄

Aw, Kyle. In the afterglow all Audra wanted to talk about was Tucker. You must not be so great between the sheets anymore, hah hah.

How clueless is Chance? Summer was thisclose to grabbing him and licking his face, but he had to keep bringing up Sharon. I'm thinking Chance and Daniel should start a support group for Men Who aren't Blind But They Just Can't See.

So I had to google the "Say Jump" band Chance and Summer were stanning. There actually is a J-pop boy band called Hey! Say! JUMP!

Dang, Diane sure trashed Billy. Ashley and Jack were stunned speechless. Di had better cool it with that stuff because Jack doesn't consider the issue of Jabot's co- CEO up for debate.

It'll be something if Tucker truly is planning to put Glaçade in competition with Jabot. I can envision Audra as the Face of Glaçade. Wowsers.*

Listen to your brother, Summer. For all you know, Chance could have a change of heart and start looking at you for reals. Let him worry about Sharon.

"Show me your cards, Kyle!" "No, Tucker, you show me yours first!" Yawn.

That's Tucker's big plan? FFS, how many times has the "steal their secret  formula" play been run against Jabot? They'll just have Kyle give Tucker a fake or faulty one.

Whatever, Billy. Yay for you to have two C-suite nepo jobs to choose from. Meanwhile, Chelsea didn't really want to go scuba diving in the French Riviera anyway. Like James Taylor sang, 🎶they don't know nothing down in St. Tropez🎶

*Hear tell Rory Gibson's Noah may be returning to GC in a few weeks. He was sorta mopey but he was also cute IMO. I could see him and Audra as a killer spokescouple for Glaçade.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Geez,I normally like Tucker but his yelling at Kyle to shut up today was over the top nasty.

This show has gotten unbearably boring and predictable. Did anyone NOT know that Sharon would have to bow out of the concert?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Audra a unique woman. Some might fantasize about men, other than their current sexual partner while make in love but Audra fantasizes about business.  Thinking about business helps  Audra achieve the big “O”. 

What a coincidence, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ and Chance have the same favorite band. Sharon drops out and now Chance is taking Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️. Give me a break. If Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️’s favorite band is nearby, wouldn’t you think that she would already have a ticket? Was there any doubt that Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ wasn’t going to the concert?  I’m quite sure that Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ will have a “special” concert outfit for Chances benefit.  

Chelsea and Nostrils = 🥱🥱😴

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Geez,I normally like Tucker but his yelling at Kyle to shut up today was over the top nasty.

My hubby came back to speak to me while I was watching this.  He said, "your soap characters are yelling at me!" and promptly left the room.

Edited by Kimboweena
your, not you're
  • LOL 15

Summer is as obvious as she is annoying.  Maybe Chance could be lured back to the GCPD to solve Summer's murder.  This show needs a good serial killer, and I nominate Summer to be Aunt Jordan's first victim.  Put us out of our misery, Auntie Jayjay!

Kyle should give Tucker the formula for Ashley's revolutionary wrinkle cream, complete with the cleaning solvent Gloria added to it.  Unpopular opinion here, but I like Kyle and Audra together, and I hope they form a genuine alliance and flip on Tucker.  I doubt it will happen, though, and I've lost track of who's with who and who knows what and what anybody's freaking  goal or plan really is.  Wrapping this up soon would not be a bad idea.

I zoned out while Billy was droning on to Chelsea about whatever, so I missed why he brought the snorkel and swimsuit at all if he was going to bail on the surprise New Year's vacation portion of the gift?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Show said "Glacade" one time too many and now every time I hear that word, all I can see is

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Rory Gibson's Noah may be returning to GC in a few weeks. He was sorta mopey but he was also cute IMO. I could see him and Audra as a killer spokescouple for Glaçade.

Which could make Audra and Noah the face of Glacade Plug ins.  

Make of that what you will, and smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

At tonight's Daytime Emmy's Y&R won the award for Outstanding Writing Team for a Daytime Drama Series.

Now we'll never be rid of JG. 😐

Oh, and MS' PR people must've been working overtime to start rumors before the broadcast because she didn't win best lead actress. B&B got best lead actress and best lead actor, and GH got most of everything else.

I zoned out while Billy was droning on to Chelsea about whatever, so I missed why he brought the snorkel and swimsuit at all if he was going to bail on the surprise New Year's vacation portion of the gift?

Because Billy is so self-important he wanted to "let" Chelsea talk him out of going on vacation right now. He thinks Jabot and C/W are vying for his expert C-suite services and he mustn't let both of them down. 🥸 Chelsea seemed to know the gifts were b.s. and she took it in good humor. At least there wasn't a ring box with a piece of candy in it or something equally awful.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I don’t like hurting people’s feelings, so perhaps you can help me find a gentle, kind solution to my problem. I’ve started noticing that everywhere I go, there’s an asshole underfoot. At first it was mildly amusing. Now? It’s annoying AF. I recently left the field of law enforcement, but I don’t think I’m ready to turn in my taser. This particular asshole just never shuts up, her gums flapping like a Hungry Hungry Hippo trying to get that marble. She basically wears the same outfit every day, just in different colors. It’s a choice, I guess. Then there’s the incessant giggling, playing with the hair… I have a vague suspicion that I’m the victim of asshole flirting. Now I’m stuck taking this dumb bunny to a concert like I’m chaperoning the obnoxious little sister I never wanted. Ugh. While I’m seeing the lurking shadow of two puckered butt cheeks everywhere, I’m trying to wrap my head around my impending corporate career. I don’t know anything about business, but that’s never stopped my Uncle Billy. Please advise.

Signed;

Touched by an Asshole

Dear Touched;

Whoa whoa whoa! No need for your handsome successful uncle to be catching strays there, buddy. I’ve got some bad news for you about your asshole dilemma. Pun intended, she’ll be on you like stink on shit until she subjects you to the most vanilla, uninspired sex imaginable. Do NOT tell the asshole you care for her like a sister; word on the street is that she’ll be twice as turned on. You can’t count on her ex sniffing around again either, because he’s bedding down in the big leagues now with a smart, accomplished smokeshow who didn’t need to trade in on a last name. The ex is still a twerp, but I gotta grudgingly praise his game. You know what isn’t a game? Public safety. The corporate arena will chew up your Dudley Do-Right azz and spit it back out. Meanwhile, the streets of Genoa City will descend into mild, bland anarchy without our only cop. Like, dude, how do you quit your dream position before the nameplate for your desk is done being engraved? I wouldn’t hire a flight risk like you (plus I have a policy of not hiring anyone better looking than me). (Me too! - Jack Abbott) I haven’t been very helpful, have I? Ah well, not every play can result in a touchdown. Merry fucking Christmas!

• Applause 3
  • LOL 13