Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

I just can't with this return of The Red Beast. Her behavior in Society? I wanted to reach into my TV and slap the smirk off her face. She is truly odious, both thr character and the actor.

Kid Pomp doubles down and smirk/pouts that he screwed Audra. *blerg*

Can we talk about Sharon's face? Those pouty duck lips, just NO.

I hate this show right now. My dvr keeps not recording it and I have to surmise that even my dvr hates the show somuch it refuses to tape it now. 

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Phyllis notwithstanding, I enjoyed the scenes in Society for all of Daniel's reactions to his mother's ridiculousness.  I've always liked the dynamic between those two.  The bartender's many side-eyes were an added bonus.

What I don't understand is why Tucker had to go to so much effort and expense to extort Phyllis into doing something she was going to do anyway.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Phyllis notwithstanding, I enjoyed the scenes in Society for all of Daniel's reactions to his mother's ridiculousness.  I've always liked the dynamic between those two.  The bartender's many side-eyes were an added bonus.

Same for me.  Daniel has always been on to her and these days he seems like he can barely stand to be around her.  When Phyllis flashed her saber-toothed, deaths head grimace masquerading as a smile, I swear Daniel shuddered a little.

He keeps saying he doesn't want her to go to prison, yet I get the feeling he'd get over it pretty quickly.  Not that we'll be so lucky.

11 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I just can't with this return of The Red Beast. Her behavior in Society? I wanted to reach into my TV and slap the smirk off her face. She is truly odious, both thr character and the actor.

Right?  Phyllis mocking strangers who are rightly confused by the return of the supposedly extinct wildebeest was exactly right for the type of lunatic she is but certainly doesn't fit her "I'm reformed and remorseful" act.  

It's all rinse and repeat.  Phyllis is back, just as bad, just as annoying as before.  Tucker and Audra have the same conversation they had yesterday.  Kid Pomp (thanks, surfgirl!) and Dummer have another babbling staredown, Nick pontificates, Sharon bats her puppet eyes while trying to make business noises come out of her mouth, Adam looks constipated - and can he please change into a different suit?? while Victor mumbles threats from his chair at the ranch, the one closest to the bathroom.

Haven't we seen all of this at least three times in the past week, if not more?

If this is the best ChatGPT can do, I think the threat of AI is overrated.

Most important, WHY did we get a Chance sighting and Show kept him fully clothed?????

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Doesn't everyone who commits wrong believe they were justified, at least in the heat of the moment? 🤔

That's why you have an arraignment-to plead not guilty.  I've gotten over the ruination of law procedure on this show.  It's not good for my blood pressure.  But, I have to point out that Diane was incarcerated with no bail and then released with an ankle monitor because she was an historical flight risk.  So how is Phylth different?  She should have at least been held until her arraignment.

20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Christine and Heather's conversation was the substitute for courtroom scenes. Meh.

Who needs a courtroom?  Everybody in this town discusses crimes in the various eateries/drinkeries and decides who's guilty. 

16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

but doesn’t she have a fake passport that Stark had created for her. 

If only she would use it and take her Dummer with her.  And never be heard from again.

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

1. I am now convinced that Tucker is out to get everybody, meaning that he's constantly strategizing and re-strategizing how to play the various personalities against each other to further his aim of taking down both Jabot and Newman Enterprises before any of them can get wise to it.

2. It seems to me that if Summer went running to her grandfather and told him that Audra and Kyle started doing the nasty as soon as she closed the door to the Abbott mansion behind her, then Kyle would find his Abbott ass kicked back to mommy and daddy before he knew what happened and Audra would end up fired and with a business reputation so ruined that she'd have trouble finding a job that had her asking "and do you want fries with that?"

3. Could this happen: Billy and Diane end up together.

4. It occurred to me while watching today's episode that since they are in no way genetically related, Billy (father: John Abbott mother: Jill Foster) and Ashley (father: Brent Davis mother: Dina Mergeron) could marry, and take over Jabot, with no laws being broken - except that they would end up being universally shunned and no one would want to work for them.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

I’ve been working for a vacationing co-worker whose loud obnoxiousness and self-regard make her a sort of amateur Phyllis. Imagine my disappointment when one of two episodes I was able to catch this week was a Phyllis fest. Admittedly, Tucker’s joyful expression when Diane stopped by to converse with Phyllis almost made up for it.

I wonder if it was awkward for Buttbiscuit to have Ashley bring up Phyllis and then Summer, his two-for-one Jackstabbing special. I… I felt a twinge of compassion for poor Ass Loaf as he once again had to listen to his crazy sister blatherskite on about how meeeeaaaaannnnn Jack and Diane are. Ashley was shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that Jack dared to leave the state and consult attorneys about her abrupt departure from Jabot. I guess she’s the only one allowed to make moves.

Tucker takes such pleasure in trolling, no matter who he’s with or who he’s trying to needle. Trolling is its own reward for Tucker. Ashley just doesn’t get it, as her failed efforts to provoke Diane reveal. At least she admitted that Diane was living rent free in her head, I guess.

Phyllis flashbacks! What a treat. Lol@ the one where Phyllis is bragging to Christine that she was married to Nick now. It’s like bragging that you ate a turd with a fork and knife. I genuinely enjoyed the replay of Diane jacking Phyllis up with a slap that probably took the blue off her veneers temporarily.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Jesus H. Christ on a cracker! The smugness dripping off of the Big Red Coldsore when she was talking to Christine, just, gross. MS is such a horrible actor and her mannerisms are so disgusting. I hate the character and can't stand the actress. Fuck you Show. And fuck you too Josh.

This deserves several responses at once. Heart, Fire and Applause. I cannot tolerate MS as an actress or her embarrassing portrayal of Phyllis. She infects every scene she is in. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Loved that color of dress on Diane today. And the matching bag. Perfection.

I wish I understood why Tucker is putting all his eggs in Phyllis' basket in order to get rid of Diane and take down Jabot. He should know nobody backs Phyllis into a corner without risking her attacking them.

Wow, Diane sure showed a lot of grace with Phyllis, even if it was mostly a cover for her true feelings. I bet eventually they're going to work together to stop Tucker since he's a problem for them both.

Yikes, Phyllis' hairstyle in that flashback with Christine was so awful! I thought she looked like an over-aged prom queen.

Who would've been calling Christine to give her the 3rd degree about Phyllis' case? Would it be the state governor? Either way, I don't see a reason for that person to care. Phyllis isn't like Al Capone or some other big time criminal.

Christine, you're already professionally compromised due to your bad personal history with the defendant. Stop talking to Phyllis about the case. You're just tipping her off to how you'll present the prosecution at the trial.

since they are in no way genetically related, Billy (father: John Abbott mother: Jill Foster) and Ashley (father: Brent Davis mother: Dina Mergeron) could marry, and take over Jabot, with no laws being broken - except that they would end up being universally shunned and no one would want to work for them.

Clean up on aisle four! I just coughed up a lung from laughing so hard. OMG, I wish JG would write this. The ratings would shoot right to the stratosphere because the audience would be stuck on trying to parse the insanity. (Seriously though, hasn't B&B sorta already gone there? Some of those Forresters are actually Marones.)

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Tucker Tucker Tucker how is winning Jack and Kyle going to drive Diane over the edge?  Kyle won’t forgive Summer❄️x7 how is he going to forgive Taz🌪️. Ashley is doing her share of harassing Diane, so this must be a 3 prong attack.  Tucker watches Taz🌪️ and Diane play nice and he’s the one that is going bonkers. 

I’m now fully in favor of Y&R changing its name to the Smug & Self Righteous.  There must be a viral infection that has Tucker, Ashley, Smugly Smug Smug, Cruella, and Taz🌪️ acting like they are god’s gift to GC. 

How long ago was that flashback between Taz🌪️and Christine?  It seemed like it could have been just yesterday and again as it was today. On that note, why are we subjected to flashbacks of Taz🌪️.  That one time was hard enough to stomach 🤢🤮.  

Ashley get your feet off the couch. People make love there 😉

The delusional aspect if Taz🌪️ once again rears its ugly head.  Taz🌪️ thinks she’s being prosecuted because Christine hates her not that she broke the law.  Taz🌪️ and Carson were afraid of Stark that they went along with his plan???  If you weren’t the least being complicit, then tell me Taz🌪️ and Carson, why didn’t you go to the GCPD and turn Stark in and ask for protection?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ah yes, those delightful days of Yesteryear, when a trip to Rexx Ruggs ended in more than just a tasteful throw rug.  Those bygone days when you and your date could actually BECOME a throw rug, right in front of the store, courtesy of Phyllis the Demented in her Hertz Rent-a-Car all in the name of twu lub.  

I can't imagine MS was too happy with those flashbacks.  They weren't especially complimentary, considering Senor Wences hand puppet was better  looking and had more acting talent.

200.gif?cid=0e375282nv1booiu6r6jl58sg7x8

Love the hair, Phyllis and your fashion sense.

I'm a little afraid for Tucker after today's show.  He was pushing everyone just a little too hard, as if he's being set up to be the Big Bad all the wretched of Genoa City will end up fighting against.  I don't want to see him go down in some half-assed storyline to exonerate Phyllis and Ashley.  

Speaking of Ashley, I'm surprised she opened the door to ButtBiscuit, since he came dressed as the Angel of Death.  I'm assuming he chose that particular shade of black because it matched the utter darkness of his giant nostrils.  In any case, he looked like he was ready to set forth on a Jaboat cruise on the River Styx.

As for Christine, I'm all in favor of her using her position to get revenge on Phyllis.  If she gets her sentenced to be tied to a Cheese Wheel and be pelted with curds, let her Will be done.  Somebody, anybody, has got wipe that blue toothed smirk off her face.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, boes said:

Senor Wences

I used to love it when Senor Wences would appear on the Ed Sullivan show - Johnny, the talking hand, and Pedro, the head in a box - S'awright? S'awright.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
10 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Ashley get your feet off the couch. People make love there 😉

Seriously hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

7 hours ago, Js Nana said:

used to love it when Senor Wences would appear on the Ed Sullivan show - Johnny, the talking hand, and Pedro, the head in a box - S'awright? S'awright.

Wouldn't be permitted today

• Like 6
(edited)
On 7/20/2023 at 12:04 AM, surfgirl said:

Kid Pomp doubles down and smirk/pouts that he screwed Audra. *blerg*

Can we talk about Sharon's face? Those pouty duck lips, just NO.

I hate this show right now. My dvr keeps not recording it and I have to surmise that even my dvr hates the show somuch it refuses to tape it now. 

I can't watch it either since Sharon kissed Chance, and teamed up with Adam and Nick as a corporate mogul. IMO, first Adam and Chance will bicker about Sharon. Chance will decide to leave GC, or be killed  (Sharon's kiss of death for cops). Then Sally will "leave town," so Adam and Nick can fight over Sharon, who will end up with, who else? Nick. That combined with JG moving towards "making Phyllis right," so she will end up back with Jack, has made this show unpalatable for me. Still, I love coming here to read all your funny and insightful posts!

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

If I were to take over writing the show here is how my first day would go:

Phyllis is found guilty. On the way to court for her sentencing she is run over by a car. The car then backs over her over and over a good 6 or 7 times because the driver knows that Chance is at Sharon’s getting his groove on. We don’t know who is driving the car.  Phyllis finally gets to the hospital and regains a brief moment of consciousness. Christine is there and tells her she and Danny have married and she is adopting Daniel. She shows Phyllis their family photo and tells her that will be her new Facebook profile picture. A tear falls down Phyllis's face as she takes her last breath. The coroner shows up and tells the staff that she’s very dead and there is no chance she can be revived. 

2A3E9A69-FBFB-48D9-B8E1-0D83A6ED0618.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Applause 14
  • Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

If I were to take over writing the show here is how my first day would go:

Phyllis is found guilty. On the way to court for her sentencing she is run over by a car. The car then backs over her over and over a good 6 or 7 times because the driver knows that Chance is at Sharon’s getting his groove on. We don’t know who is driving the car.  Phyllis finally gets to the hospital and regains a brief moment of consciousness. Christine is there and tells her she and Danny have married and she is adopting Daniel. She shows Phyllis their family photo and tells her that will be her new Facebook profile picture. A tear falls down Phyllis's face as she takes her last breath. The coroner shows up and tells the staff that she’s very dead and there is no chance she can be revived. 

2A3E9A69-FBFB-48D9-B8E1-0D83A6ED0618.jpeg

I would only change one thing. Diane collapses due to a heart issue; before Plyllis dies she is told that per Daniel’s wishes, Diane will receive her heart. Or it ends with her on a train and dying due to numerous stab wounds. Inspector Poirot comes to investigate and it turns out the killer(s) are all the recipients of the heinous things Phyllis did to them. Kenneth Branagh can reprise his role as Poirot. *

*Referencing Murder on the Orient Express

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I think I'm done with this show!! Lol

Shares face is ridiculous!! She went way too far with the surgery!!

She can't smile or talk normal and she sounds very Nasal! And she's NOT convincing in this new role she's scout to take on.

Phyllis...blech!!

And I don't think Summers actor is very good. And summer is a horrible person! Lol

Okie dokie!! I think I'm done...for now!!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Gee, I really liked Chelsea's dress today. I'm scared.

Apparently it's Flashback Friday. 🙄

Bees are good luck? Okay, Obi Wan Billy. Do continue to bless us with your apiary wisdom.

Summer, stop acting brand new. You know how adultery works. Dang, I gotta give Audra points for tossing Summer"s attempts at shaming right back at her.

How was Adam the Harvard MBA sitting there listening to Sharon and Nick spout their business buzzwords without laughing in their faces? So much synergy!

Harrison is not your son, Summer. Stop using him to prop up your failed marriage. I would so love it if Audra tracked down Tara and finagled to bring her back to GC to reclaim her child. Give me this, JG! I want it! 🥴

Nick needs to ease up on the spray tan. And hit the gym. Standing next to svelte Sharon, he looked to me to be heading into his second trimester. 😼

Adam, Sharon, and Nick working together. Will the three of them become the NE Cerberus, the NE Hydra, or the NE Three Musketeers?

Now they're calling it Adustus-Kirsten? I can't.

Oy, I don't know what's worse, taking marital advice from crazypants Chelsea or letting psycho Phyllis guide your life decisions. Summer is straight fukt, she's just refusing to accept it.

Adam sure is going hard against Audra. What's that all about?

Re the previews: Kill. Me. Now. I don't see Ashley being particularly excited about her and Tucker getting married at the Chancellor Estate. I don't see Jill being thrilled about it either since it's her house.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

This name “Adjustus” reminds me that there was another stupid name for a company on this show but cannot remember what it was. I heard it a million times but could never quite figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

This name “Adjustus” reminds me that there was another stupid name for a company on this show but cannot remember what it was. I heard it a million times but could never quite figure it out.

I believe your talking about Newman Media 1.0. I have purged it from my memory banks.

Dickolas, Adam and Frozen Face spewing big bidness talk...hehe he! Sharon sashaying her over botoxed face around town spewing big business words is hilarious! And sad. Very, very sad. Did this idiot actually call Kirsten's company her 'dream' yesterday? AYFKM?!?

PS: And fuck you too Car Sheild ad, with your sketchy AF bullshit.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have to say the future of Marchetti looks very bright, very bright indeed.  Dummer must be launching the Marchetti "International Warning Signs" Collection, starting with that delightful Orange and White number that makes her look like an animated traffic cone.  Very versatile!  If she ever ends up losing her job at Marchetti, she can get a job in front of Rexx Rugs, diverting traffic.

I'm hoping Chelsea takes that hint and makes a whole line of traffic sign dresses.  STOP could be a real stunner at 

giphy.gif

New York Fashion and Roadwork Week, showcasing the brilliance of those two working together.  I can see Phyllis in it now......

Media companies, software companies, Jabot cosmetics, Fenmore and Marchetti fashion, Newman Inc. trusses and whoopie cushions, Genoa City is chockful of all these innernashional companies.  BUT, and it's a big Butt, why do none of these business whizzes ever take a look at what's right in front of them??  They're in Wisconsin, after all.  I'd be a lot more impressed if Nick, Sharon and Adam broke the mold and decided to dominate the cheese spread and summer sausage market.  They could make a killing.  I can totally see Nick as the String Cheese King and Sharon modeling all sorts of milk and sausage-based products, doing a little Swiss Miss dance in a dirndl, maybe accompanied by Adam on the 

giphy.gif

tuba.  Think outside the box, people.

I'd also love it if Ashley and Tucker went in this direction for their wedding theme.

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Harrison is not your son, Summer. Stop using him to prop up your failed marriage. I would so love it if Audra tracked down Tara and finagled to bring her back to GC to reclaim her child. Give me this, JG! I want it!🥴

I'd love to see Tara show back up and kick Dummer straight to the curb.  Harrison has been through a lot and the best thing that could happen to the Lil' Hausenpheffer would be ANYTHING or ANYONE would act as a barrier between him and Dummer and his step-grandmonster, Phyllis.

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I saw what Sharon was wearing today when they went to see Victor, before I switched channels. All I could see was she looked like some punked out version of those dolls with crochet dresses grannies used to make to put over their spare toilet paper rolls. The front of the bottom half of the dress actually looked like a crumpled toilet paper roll to me.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10

Now there’s a flashback scene I can truly appreciate with Summer❄️x7 slapping Kyle 🔥. I’ve watched it a few times and it actually looks like a real slap. 

If Sharon would say no to Botox and age gracefully she still would be an attractive woman with a body and legs to die for 😜

Audra Audra Audra my sweet sweet Audra, poking the bear is a very stupid mistake. Audra is playing games with the spawn of the Tasmanian Devil. If Summer❄️x7 just slapped Audra, she would loose another ❄️. Don’t get me wrong, I still like Audra enough to warn her off Kyle. The thing that’s most peculiar to me is that I feel sorry for Sunner❄️x7 because she was stuck between “The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea”. Like Hope dropping Liam (B&B), it’s time for Summer❄️x7 to kick Kyle to the curb. 

There is now a holly alliance between Sharon, Banana Breath, and Adam. My hope is for Banana Breath and Adam to bury the hatchet deep in Cruella’s back. 

Why is Victor always touting Cruella at the expense of Adam. Victor knows that Cruella is more antagonistic of Adam than Adam is of Cruella. Cruella usually didn’t  get the lecture of getting along with Adam. I’d she does, it’s always ignored.  It’s almost like Victor and Cruella had some inappropriate moments, with her father, and Cruella has video and tapes to hold over his head. Just saying 😉

No Taz🌪️ but there is Chelsea in all her undeserved glory. Another day of embracing the suck 🫢

First day for Kyle and meeting has already been cancelled. Great first day. 

Summer❄️x7 is very close to earning back another ❄️. Again blaming all this shit on Diane.  It’s like your mother’s obsession had nothing to do with it. If Diane never came back, Taz🌪️ would find something else to obsess about. It’s in her DNA. 

Another fuck you is required to five Victor. If he values family more than anything except when he doesn’t.  Victor seems to be more worried about Smugly Smug Smug and Audra than Adam, Banana Breath, and Sharon.  Audra is golden because of her relationship with Cruella’s via Smugly Smug Smug and Sally, who was more qualified than Audra, was expendable because of her relationship with Adam.  

It’s laughable how two clueless people, Nostrils and Chelsea, who suck at life, can give a PSA on relationships. 

If the monkeys with a keyboard are using ChatGPT to write dialog, I would imagine that somewhere in ChatGPT’s programming an error message would come up that ChatGPT can’t believe he’s writing this 🐂💩.  There is no sign of intelligent live here in GC. “Beam me up Scotty”. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

So, today's show ended with a discussion of how the success of a merged Adustus/Kirsten Int'l would, technically, put it in competition with Newman Media, whereupon Adam floated the idea of the two entities merging, which brought up the position of NM CEO that Audra now holds - - and what is Victor's reaction going to be when he finds out that Audra started bumping body parts with Kyle before Summer had even walked out the door of the Abbott mansion?

Just watched World Cup play in Australia, and it kind of confused me at first when I saw people walking around in winter jackets, until it hit me that, of course, when it's summer in the Northern hemisphere, it's winter in the Southern hemisphere.

11 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Like Hope dropping Liam (B&B)

Did you catch the ending of today's B&B - unbelievable!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I’m okay with the new dream team except that it means Nick won’t take his old job back leaving Side Part to keep parting sides. Victor kept emphasizing that Adam is not allowed to go up against Victoria. Which means he will go up against Victoria. I hope he annihilates her bony ass and that smugly side party part turns on her.

Chelsea giving advice. No thank you. It annoys me that Summer thinks Harrison is her son. He’s nothing to her if they divorce. Sorry Summer. Maybe you know how the beautiful Lola Abbott felt when you went in on a married Kyle and worked with him. How’s that payback taste? Also quit blaming Diane on your marital problems. YOUR DISGUSTING ARM FLAPPING mother is the one responsible for your problems. Idiot. Dummy.

Billy giving advice. Shut up please. How many times has he turned his back on his family and company. He needs to start gambling again. Take Chelsea out on Jaboat and get lost at sea.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

How many sides could a Side Part part if a Side Part could part sides? Sorry. I had to.

Wtf with keeping the name Kirsten as part of the new board shorts/scones/dustus triumvirate? Kill that shit with fire. Yuck.

25 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Take Chelsea out on Jaboat and get lost at sea.

I wish! The problem is that Billy’s nostrils can hold a tremendous volume of water, offsetting the amount needed to swamp a craft of that size. He is also capable of redirecting the wind, according to one scientist’s hypothesis published in Genoa City Seafaring, Naval and Oceanic Times. Buttbiscuit is wasting his time at a cosmetics company when he could be uncovering legendary shipwrecks. SMDH.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13
18 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Maybe I can answer my own question. I think it was “Zerkzees” or something like that. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
37 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Maybe I can answer my own question. I think it was “Zerkzees” or something like that. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Was that the name of some security program that Victor or Billy or somebody was so excited about at some point in the past?  

There was also that "Jabot Go" app that Ravi designed.  That was when so many immensely stupid Jabot ideas were around, like Jabotiques and Jaboat, those halcyon days when Billy Nostrildumbass ButtBiscuit Abbott had a captain's hat.

So many bad choices.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I remember! It was Ashland Locke's entrance story. His company was called Cyaxeres, and everyone wanted to buy it (and we were forced to hear everyone say it 8x per episode). Victor won the contest by making Ash sign the sales papers while he was having a heart attack!

I don't know who comes up with these names...

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Speaking of stupid names … Adam bringing up Restless Style. Have not heard that name in a while. This show has always glommed onto trends in the most inane ways. Remember Wisconsin being a fashion hub with “launch parties” and “pop-ups?” Same thing with Omegasphere and “gaming platforms.” When I told my 18 year old son about Chelsea’s game to help people with their mental health, he thought it was the dumbest thing. I am sure it will rival Dark Souls or Overwatch. 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
(edited)
10 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Speaking of stupid names … Adam bringing up Restless Style. Have not heard that name in a while. This show has always glommed onto trends in the most inane ways. Remember Wisconsin being a fashion hub with “launch parties” and “pop-ups?” Same thing with Omegasphere and “gaming platforms.” When I told my 18 year old son about Chelsea’s game to help people with their mental health, he thought it was the dumbest thing. I am sure it will rival Dark Souls or Overwatch. 🙄

Omegasphere is a hornets nest of HIPPA violations and law suits waiting to happen but hey! Let's have two numnuts with zero psych credentials creating a 'platform' for mental health. Surrrre Jan!

Yes! It was indeed Thoraxys that I was thinking of too. HarassNess, ABatsNest. And yes, WHY is Sharon keeping the name of her stalker's company the same as the creeper who tried to murder her and her daughter? What the actual fuck man? Why can't we ever have nice things???

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)

You can find Cyaxeres in the bible - Herod. 1:73, 74,103- 106; 4:11, 12; 7:20

This reference is not to the Bible but instead to an encyclopedia set called Cyclopædia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature, edited by John McClintock and James Strong. McClintock and Strong were 19th century Methodist theologians. The references listed in the above quote are from that encyclopedia, not the Bible, and per Google SEO magic they appear first in a search on the words "Cyaxares" and "bible."

Furthermore, the citations in the McClintock and Strong encyclopedia are from a seminal work collectively called the Histories, written by Greek historian Herodotus around 430 BC.

Per my research on the Bible Gateway, there are no specific references to Cyaxares in any of the 200+ officially published versions of the Bible it has documented.

And in other news, I think one of Y&R's most blatant efforts to jump on a trend was with podcasts. All of sudden Billy, Chelsea, and Elena were hosting them and apparently C/W had a whole division devoted to producing them. Y&R even started producing its own podcast, though I use the term "producing" generously.

The Y&R podcast is nothing more than each episode's audio track, provided with zero context. The people in a given scene don't always refer to each other by name so unless you recognize the voices you might have trouble figuring out what's going on. Also, in some scenes the characters don't talk; for example, when they're getting it on there's nothing but the music. IMO the Y&R podcast is a joke.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This reference is not to the Bible but instead to an encyclopedia set called Cyclopædia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature, edited by John McClintock and James Strong. McClintock and Strong were 19th century Methodist theologians. The references listed in the above quote are from that encyclopedia, not the Bible, and per Google SEO magic they appear first in a search on the words "Cyaxares" and "bible."

Furthermore, the citations in the McClintock and Strong encyclopedia are from a seminal work collectively called the Histories, written by Greek historian Herodotus around 430 BC.

Per my research on the Bible Gateway, there are no specific references to Cyaxares in any of the 200+ officially published versions of the Bible it has documented.

And in other news, I think one of Y&R's most blatant efforts to jump on a trend was with podcasts. All of sudden Billy, Chelsea, and Elena were hosting them and apparently C/W had a whole division devoted to producing them. Y&R even started producing its own podcast, though I use the term "producing" generously.

The Y&R podcast is nothing more than each episode's audio track, provided with zero context. The people in a given scene don't always refer to each other by name so unless you recognize the voices you might have trouble figuring out what's going on. Also, in some scenes the characters don't talk; for example, when they're getting it on there's nothing but the music. IMO the Y&R podcast is a joke.

Not going to bother with it. No snarky looks from Tucker to be seen either. Lol

• LOL 6
18 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep. 

I was thinking of them putting Chelsea, with zero formal training, as Creative Director of a global fashion brand in a Milwaukee suburb. (Hey, LA writers … places are different from L.A.) Same thing with Sally and weren’t they reworking CW interiors? As if it is easy to move from clothes to business interiors? Now I am not denying that some people just have style and can pull clothing and also interior looks together. But these are businesses that you would think would hire vetted professional firms. It is not like me asking my stylish friend to run to Marshall’s with me to re-do my bedroom. 

Why can’t one of them just be an interior designer with a small office next to Rexx Rugs? Nope. Cannot do that. No corporate intrigue.

When my aforementioned son asks me why I watch this crap, I tell him I don’t know. Because I have been watching it for 35 years? Habit? 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Same thing with Omegasphere and “gaming platforms.” When I told my 18 year old son about Chelsea’s game to help people with their mental health, he thought it was the dumbest thing. I am sure it will rival Dark Souls or Overwatch.

And exactly how long did Chelsea work there...2 or 3 months and it was a smash hit in South Amurruca. JHC this show is so unrealistc.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
  • LOL 11
(edited)

Ccording to wikipedia:  Cyaxares collaborated with the Neo-Babylonian Empire to destroy the Neo-Assyrian Empire, and united most of the Iranian peoples of ancient Iran, thereby transforming Media into a regional power.[9][10]

There is much more but honestly this is all I care to know about that! 🙈🙉🙊

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Ccording to wikipedia:  Cyaxares collaborated with the Neo-Babylonian Empire to destroy the Neo-Assyrian Empire, and united most of the Iranian peoples of ancient Iran, thereby transforming Media into a regional power.[9][10]

There is much more but honestly other is all I care to know about that! 🙈🙉🙊

Besides, we all know that no matter how much Cyaxares turned Media into a regional power, NEWMAN Media will run the world, known and unknown, flat and round.  

Cuz Victor beats everybody.  No history is ancient to him.  He was there.

Young And Restless Reaction GIF by CBS

Yougotthat?

Haveanicedaynow.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Y&R even started producing its own podcast

Does that mean they are also going to be producing their own life-changing, mental illness curing, save the princess game?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13

Not going to bother with it. No snarky looks from Tucker to be seen either. Lol

Seriously! Tucker's non-verbal reactions are usually the highlight of any episode in which he appears. On the stupid audio-only Y&R podcast the listener would have no clue what he was doing. Why even bother?

wikipedia:  Cyaxares collaborated with the Neo-Babylonian Empire to destroy the Neo-Assyrian Empire, and united most of the Iranian peoples of ancient Iran, thereby transforming Media into a regional power.[9][10]

Hee, it wasn't even that deep. The guy was the king of Media. Y&R wanted to use "Howard Stern" as the name of Ashland Locke's company but he wouldn't let them. So we got Cyaxares instead. Yeah, that's the ticket. 😏

NEWMAN Media will run the world, known and unknown, flat and round.   

I guess the supposed all-powerfulness of Newman Media must be an inside joke behind the scenes since Y&R is produced by a division of Sony. Sony is indeed one of the biggest media companies in the world and it's not located in some sleepy 'burb in WI.

Honestly, whenever the Newmans start going on about NM I want to scream at the TV, "Um, Disney, Warner Brothers, Paramount, and Universal would like to have a word, you morons." Gah.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Does that mean they are also going to be producing their own life-changing, mental illness curing, save the princess game?

Y&R does have a line of video games in development.

Konkey Dong - Nick Newman does double doody as a heroic plumber trying to save a random lady from the knuckle dragging clutches of his gorilla alter ego. This trippy title features a rotating cast of distressed damsels, including Sally, Sharon, Chelsea and Phyllis. Nick’s secret weapon? His plumber’s crack. Butt will it stand up to Konkey’s powered poop projectiles?

Grand Theft Schmatta: Genoa City - Live the hardcore Chelsea Lawson lifestyle in this MA rated crimefest. Run low stakes cons, roofie and assault an alpaca looking trust fund dude and traumatize children with your all-consuming emotional needs, all while running the Midwest’s biggest black market fashion don’ts business. No guns here; you’ll need to level up your manipulation skills to get ahead.

JurASSic Cart: A colorful Mario Kartesque romp of prehistoric proportions, this game puts you in the driver’s seat as a velociraptor named Phyllis. Your car is your weapon as you compete with other drivers to flatten pedestrians, haul velour ensconced corpses to dump sites and detonate ambulances. Mini games allow you to hatch your own poutasaurus, match tube socks with lemons for bonus points and caw caw your way through a straight rip off of Angry Birds.

Dairyvania: You have been chosen to hunt Wisconsin’s most wicked grampire, Victor Newman. Saving the souls of Genoa City won’t be easy, as this evil entity is protected by one million hit point plot armor and his fanatically loyal wraith, Victoria. Frustrations will mount as you’re forced to humor the ancient aristocrat by letting him get the upper hand in boxing matches and endure hour long cut scenes where Victor tells the orphanage story. You’ll never actually win, and the game will mock you for trying.

• Fire 12
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Konkey Dong - Nick Newman does double doody as a heroic plumber trying to save a random lady from the knuckle dragging clutches of his gorilla alter ego. This trippy title features a rotating cast of distressed damsels, including Sally, Sharon, Chelsea and Phyllis. Nick’s secret weapon? His plumber’s crack. Butt will it stand up to Konkey’s powered poop projectiles?

Grand Theft Schmatta: Genoa City - Live the hardcore Chelsea Lawson lifestyle in this MA rated crimefest. Run low stakes cons, roofie and assault an alpaca looking trust fund dude and traumatize children with your all-consuming emotional needs, all while running the Midwest’s biggest black market fashion don’ts business. No guns here; you’ll need to level up your manipulation skills to get ahead.

JurASSic Cart: A colorful Mario Kartesque romp of prehistoric proportions, this game puts you in the driver’s seat as a velociraptor named Phyllis. Your car is your weapon as you compete with other drivers to flatten pedestrians, haul velour ensconced corpses to dump sites and detonate ambulances. Mini games allow you to hatch your own poutasaurus, match tube socks with lemons for bonus points and caw caw your way through a straight rip off of Angry Birds.

Dairyvania: You have been chosen to hunt Wisconsin’s most wicked grampire, Victor Newman. Saving the souls of Genoa City won’t be easy, as this evil entity is protected by one million hit point plot armor and his fanatically loyal wraith, Victoria. Frustrations will mount as you’re forced to humor the ancient aristocrat by letting him get the upper hand in boxing matches and endure hour long cut scenes where Victor tells the orphanage story. You’ll never actually win, and the game will mock you for trying.

NinjaPenguins, your (for me) early morning post had me crying with laughter, probably frightening my church-going neighbors into hustling their mortal coils into the safety of the nearest sacred space earlier than usual.

Konkey Dong!?!??!!!?!!!  alone will keep me laughing for the rest of the week.

You are, as de olde folks used to say, Cookin' with GAS this morning.  A phrase we must always keep Nick from ever hearing.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

This post deserves ALL the reactions:

LOL: because it's fuxking hysterical 

Love: because it's perfection

Like: because you're right on thr money 

Useful: because we czn pretend Show is this good

Applause: because every point you hit was IT

Thanks: because your posts are so much better than the actual show

Fire: because you were ON

Wink: because you have better ideas than the one man destroyer, Joshie-poo

Sad: because you should be running Y&R and you're not

Hugs: because we can't have things this good on Show

Mindblown: because you never cease to crack us up

THANK YOU MA'AM!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 3
  • Applause 14
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Oh my, this is awesome. I am picturing Phyllis behind the wheel in a GTA-inspired scene, running down Cricket in front of Rexx Rugs.

I wish I had half of your creative juices. (That could be a line stolen from Nate and Victoria foreplay, no?) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Oh my, this is awesome. I am picturing Phyllis behind the wheel in a GTA-inspired scene, running down Cricket in front of Rexx Rugs.

I wish I had half of your creative juices. (That could be a line stolen from Nate and Victoria foreplay, no?) 

Oh, lilmarysunshine, you're no slouch in the humor department.  "Creative juices", lol!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4