Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 5/12/2023 at 9:34 PM, gingerella said:

The tired old characters are legacy characters

I really don't think it's just the writing, gingerella, I also think that times have changed and that the focus on Genoa City's captains of industry has lost its appeal. I am, admittedly, an old lady who has been watching soaps since she was a little girl in the 1950s, but I wouldn't mind seeing the show phase in characters whose life situations were more relatable to the shows viewership - folks with mortgages to pay, families to raise and shenanigans to get involved in.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

One thing to remember about the show is that its title is The Young and the Restless, so why not increase focus on the younger characters, like Reed Hellstrom, Faith Newman, Moses Winters, and Connor and Christian Newman, with the aged legacy characters moving into recurring roles.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t think I’ve ever bought AH as a steamy sexual partner. Idk if it’s her character or that physically I don’t think she’s attractive but I can just never buy any of these SLs where she being lusted after.

Not a fan of Sally, but I appreciate that she’s actively discouraging having two men in love with her, it’s refreshing. Typically soaps would have her leading both on.

Of course everyone scampers off to tell the first person they see that Syphyllis wasn’t eradicated. Wtf does Jack think Christine is going to do with this third-hand information? Why would she even come meet him, I would have blocked him by now. Is he expecting her to drop the charges off him saying that with no proof whatsoever? Why do they always write Jack like he’s a moron?

”And no jail time!!!” Uhhhhhhhhhh… nah, fam.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:
On 5/10/2023 at 5:02 PM, babyhouseman said:

Remember Ana, Harmony's bio daughter? I think she wasn't at the party because she was on tour. This group hated her singing. 

She had some nickname here - Little Orphan STFU, I think?

When she was a child, yes! In 2018 she came back as a young adult and the nickname no longer applied. That Ana I would love to see return.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

So they are chem-testing Nick and Elena, no?

FwL2ZJRXsAoaRR7?format=jpg&name=small

And Nick pontificating about cheating when he has a walking, talking (though not at the same time because it's too complicated) product of his affair with Sphyllis wandering around, unsupervised (an affair that he had while he and Sharon were supposed to be mourning Cassie's death)???

martin-sit-down.gif

I can't feel all that sorry for Elena. If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you, boo.

I did not miss that Sally did not "I love you" back despite Nick's peeing on Sally's leg (disguised as flowers and candle and food, presumably). 

FwL40lEXsCQJS3q?format=jpg&name=small

She literally said she and Adam were "lightening in a bottle." 

Elsewhere, I wanted to share the gift that is Tucker, peacing out on Jack last week.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 13
2 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I can't feel all that sorry for Elena. If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you, boo.

Thank you. You had no idea he’d cheat? Pretty sure you did, girl. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ugh we get double Newman's today throwing what scum they are in our faces.

Victoria telling Nate  how much she wants him and Nick finally telling Sally he loves her before porking her.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Who is it on this board I have to come after for putting Nick and Elena out into the universe?? 
ugh watching those scenes made me want a bath. I blame whatever she was drinking for her giving him the time of day. 
i will give her props for trying to get a free hotel room out of him though lol.

• LOL 21
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Victoria telling Nate  how much she wants him

First she asked him what he wanted and the worm told her, you go first. They are two slimy users using each other and they don't care. 

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

The woman Nick was meeting with at the beginning of the episode sure did have a lot of bounce in her step. Was she trying to upstage him?

Gotta love it when Michael has to tell rich people the hard, cold facts of life for their own good. All while swilling a tumbler of their finest brown liquor.

🎶"We can never, ever, work together again."🎶 Hee, I wouldn't have taken Sally for a Swiftie.

Not sure why Nick basically admitted to Elena he knew about Victoria and Nate. I'm thinking he should've stayed far away from that issue, for Elena's safety as well as his own.

Oh Vikki, knocking back the booze in the office with an employee you have screwed and continue to want to screw is a bad idea. The cheaper alcohol probably removes your inhibitions quicker than the top-tier stuff.

Dear Show, stop trying to make me feel sorry for or admire Victoria. Nate is a POS and she jumped right into the toilet to get with him. Nobody's d"ck is that good.

Ugh, how often do we have to watch Sally tell Adam he may be her baby daddy but Nick is the only Newman she wants? It got old to me after the first 793 times.

(Furthermore, allegedly CH and MG have broken up IRL so there must be some awkwardness when they do scenes together now. On top of that, rumor has it MG has reunited with SC so yikes. Quel drame!)

Elena taking life advice from Nick. Science fiction or horror? Hey, Elena, there's another Newman man you may want to talk to, about a job and about a date. O hai Adam.

Lol, wait until Kyle finds out Summer already knew Phyllis ain't dead.

Aw geez, now undead Phyllis is taunting Jack with electronic blasts from the past. But are the writers suggesting Victor is in on it? If so I have two words for that ish: Marco Annicelli.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

1. What's with Adam's hairstyle, it looks like some bizarre kind of comb over.

2. "The baby is yours, but I'm with Nick" What's up with Sally's identity being tied up with the man that she's with; rather than telling Adam that she couldn't be his because she's with Nick, she should have told him that she is her own person and the only involvement she wants with him is as parents of their expected baby.

3. The chemistry between Amelia Heinle as "Victoria" and Sean Dominic as "Nate" is so non-existent as to make me wonder if the two actors aren't, mentally, holding their noses whenever they have to play a romantic scene together.

4. I thought today's episode gave us a look at Nate's inner shark who will use any one he has to in his drive to the top at Newman - and maybe Audra will be his loyal henchwoman?

5. Elena and Nick seemed to be working up some chemistry on today's show, so I predict that there will be an Elena and Nick storyline in the not-too-distant future. 

9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The woman Nick was meeting with at the beginning of the episode

was played by an actor who wanted to be noticed.

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Who is it on this board I have to come after for putting Nick and Elena out into the universe??

For me, Nick with Elena works better than Nick with Sally - at least Elena isn't pregnant with Adam's baby, yet - and she does seem to have a much more developed sense of her own self-worth than Sally, so I could see her being better at setting boundaries with Nick.

I think Elena is what Nick needs to get over himself.

Gee, I wonder who could have sent Jack that picture of him and Phyllis in happier times.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Can one unscatter ashes? I am asking because there may be a dumpster in GC with Phyllis remains. Summer may have to retrieve them and return them to the morgue.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Adam: You can haz job?

Sally: No. I’m too busy being Nickmatized.

@@@@@@@

Nick: Nice to put a phone voice with a face. You’re not quite bangable, but I can put sunglasses on in the boudoir. That’s French for screw hammock. Hot damn, things are looking up. Elena, hello.

Elena: Nick. Got another LEGO man stuck in your ear canal?

Nick: No. God. Are you having dinner?

Elena: I live here now. You were right about Nate.

Nick: Sweeet. I win the office pool.

@@@@@@@@

Victoria: Enter.

Nate: Well, I just got in. Dickhead Airlines delivers.

Victoria: I was going to ask how your flight from California went, but clearly it crashed and burned.

Nate: Since I’m standing here, I don’t feel that’s clear at all.

Victoria: Good thing you’re pretty and a pleasant, efficient lay.

@@@@@@@

Kyle: Mom’s innocent. Yay!

Jack: I’mma shout it from the rooftops!

Michael: You’re all going to shut the fuck up. Shut. the. fuck. up.

Kyle: Mom’s get out of jail free card is out there cackling and stirring toad juice into a cauldron. How can I possibly shut up? I mean, Summer’s not here and I can finally let the verbiage flow free!

Jack: I promised Diane that I would make lofty proclamations and flail about enthusiastically yet impotently proving her innocence. Come on, Michael.

Michael: All aboard the Sssshhhh! Express. I’m Michael Baldwin, conductor. You don’t feel like shushing yourselves? I’ll throw motherfuckers from the train. I’m fucking serious here. I will fucking shank all three of you and bury your remains in an old mineshaft somewhere in Dickbasket, Wyoming. Try me. Just try me.

Kyle: Geez.

Michael: You wanna be a martyr, Saint Kyle the Truthful? Let’s get it on.

Diane: It’s all my favorite legal beagles in one room! What’s going on?

@@@@@@@@

Adam: No? That’s a risky decision, right up there with putting on that dress.

Sally: Risky? Are you threatening me?

Adam: I guess? With a large paycheck and a job where you can do whatever the hell you want.

Sally: No Newman will ever sign my paycheck!

Adam: I could stamp it.

Sally: We were lightning in a bottle. It will never be like that again, as my ability to take pleasure in life has gone completely numb.

Adam: So, I take it you and Nick arrived at this decision after much discussion and poop tossing.

Sally: I came up with it all on my own after Nick had a shit fit. I think for myself. Show some respect.

Adam: I respect everything about you, Sally.

Sally: Monster.

@@@@@@@@

Nick: Only 25 flavors of ice cream? No Chunky Monkey? I’m hitting up that Yelp when I get home. Sometimes you gots to make a stand.

Elena: I agree. I must be drunk.

Nick: Do you have to work tonight?

Elena: No. Someone owed me a shift.

Nick: Excellent, because I’m putting my love doctor coat on. The prescription for Inflamed Nate is to treat it like a root canal. Do nothing.

Elena: Um.

Nick: I’ve been on both sides of this. I’ve been the dentist and I’ve been the patient hoping the sexy dental hygienist would cop a feel.

Elena: I’m not drunk enough to understand that. But thanks for being understanding, especially since you’ve got your own hot ass mess on your hands.

Nick: Adam, Sally and the baby. Yep. It’s complicated, especially for me, but I can tell you this. I’ve never been happier. Nothing like sticking it to your smarty pants sibling. Oh, sorry. Guess I’m rubbing my joy in your face, plus I firmly refused to stick it to Vic for you.

Elena: It’s cool. I mean, it’s nice to see someone else making a huge, obvious mistake that will end in tears.

@@@@@@@@

Nate: When I got home, Elena was gone. All her stuff was gone, she’d spray painted SIDE PARTS B UGLY on my full length mirror and I think she stole my nipple butter. It’s made with caviar in small batches and farted on by a ballerina before packaging 

Victoria: Yikes. It’ll be difficult to reconcile if she’s not there. Is that what you’re planning to do? Reconcile? Hint, hint.

Nate: Elena and I are broken. I’m not the same man I was when we met. A lovely, competent healer was fine for old Nate. But new, improved, side parted Nate needs a bleached out librarian’s skeleton wearing his grandma’s clothes.

Victoria: I was hoping you’d say that. So where do we go from here?

@@@@@@@

Daniel: You’re not going to jail, Diane.

Diane? What? How? Why?

Michael: Because of your brilliant legal counsel, of course. Your ruthless, willing to cut a bitch legal counsel. Isn’t that right, Daniel?

Daniel: Something like that.

Diane: It’s so very kind of you to say. May I ask what changed your mind?

Daniel: I’ve had time to think and it just seems more likely that Jeremy Stark committed this crime. You know what they say; “when the bodies hit the floor, keep your eyes open for velour.

Diane: Exactly! I know you’ve been going through hell, and I just want you to know how much I appreciate your support.

Daniel: It’s terrible, the way Stark exploited both you and my mother for money and revenge.

Diane: What a wonderful, open minded young man you are! Can you tell a judge what you’ve told us?

Michael: We’ll keep Daniel’s support in our back pocket until we figure out how to weave it into the narrative I’m creating. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll be happy you didn’t cross me.

Diane: Your sister is such an asshole that I feared it might be genetic. But you’re good and decent. Phyllis would be proud of you. Not for having integrity, mind you, but for pointing the finger at her real killer.

Daniel: I gotta run.

Michael: Me too. But I have eyes everywhere, bitches. Loose lips sink ships.

@@@@@@@

Sally: You can’t say things like that to me, Adam. What is wrong with you?

Adam: Um. Should I smile more when I say I respect you? I seriously don’t get it.

Sally: It’s your tone, you dumb fuck. The way you look at me, the way you smile at me. You’re just oppressive. Ugh.

Adam: I don’t live in the janitor’s closet in your building and wash my balls with generic glass cleaner. Now that’s oppressive.

Sally: Find yourself a nice girl. Settle down, get married. Real Doll prices have come down lately. You’ve got a strong pimp hand to pleasure yourself with.

Adam: Just like that, huh?

Sally: You deserve it. You deserve someone who sees what an amazing man you are, even though I personally believe you’re a horrible creep. I want you to be an amazing father who looks at his little girl and changes into someone who respects women.

Adam: I’m gobsmacked. You smacked my gob. I didn’t even realize my gob was hanging out. That baby girl has already changed my life for the better. And, uh, I have had a kid before.

Sally: The baby is yours, but I am not. I’m with Nick.

Adam: I’m aware.

Sally: You have to let me go.

Adam: Honey, I can’t miss you if your joyless ass won’t get gone.

Sally: I just can’t do this anymore. You’re relentless and breaking every boundary I’ve laid down and even some I didn’t. I will decide how much of your presence I can tolerate and will report back via carrier pigeon.

Adam: Ohhhhhkaaaayyyy.

Sally: I shall also draw up a co-parenting agreement which I expect you to sign. We’ll have it notarized. Nick will convey the baby’s health to you via phone via specially coded grunts. Learn them. A birth plan will be emailed to you after being run through Google translator numerous times in a variety of languages spanning the globe. Goodbye, loser.

Adam: The fuck was that?

@@@@@@@@

Kyle: I must tell Summer.

Jack: No.

Kyle: If I don’t, I may steal a policeman’s hat and do rude, vulgar things to it.

Jack: Why do you need to tell her so bad? Do you think she’d tell you if she knew?

Kyle: Of course. Summer is a very loyal asshole. I remember everyone telling me my mom was dead and how much it hurt. Besides, when Summer cries, she does this thing with her lips that makes her look like Mrs. Puff from Spongebob. I’m starting to find blowfish erotic..

Jack: Let me talk to Christine first, even though Michael told me not to. I’ll just run some hypothetical situations by her. She’ll never figure it out. Keep your lips sealed and your bouffant low.

Kyle: No promises.

@@@@@@@@

Victoria: So… where do you see this going?

Nate: You first.

Victoria: Let’s treat our relationship like a fortune cookie and add “in bed” to everything.

Nate: Cool.

Victoria: Of course, we should behave more professionally now that we’re no longer a sexually exploitative boss and her tawdry little side piecepart.

Nate: We’re not?

Victoria: We’re classy now that Elena dropped you like a hot rock. That’s why we’ll maintain a respectful distance while in the office.

Nate: That’s fine. Absence makes the dick grow harder.

Victoria: I’m so happy we’re on the same page. I like to keep drama in the bedroom. And occasionally on my desk.

Nate: I’d love to smugly celebrate our morally repugnant relationship more, but the spreadsheets are calling to me and giving me a come hither look.

Nate leaves the office as Audra steps off the elevator, all aglow from her most fulfilling meddle in quite some time.

Victoria: Oh, Natey Nate Nate! Don’t forget the streaming reports when you come tonight! Tee hee.

Nate: Can I blame Audra for my dirty dog behavior? Hahaha. I crack myself up. Scapegoat incoming!

@@@@@@@

Jack (texting) Wtf Chris, where you at? (/texting)

Christine (texting) Running late. Tbh, avoiding you. Might pretend to have screaming shits. No offense, ok?(/texting)

Jack’s phone pings. A photo of himself and Phyllis pops up as a memory. 

Victor: Jagabbott! Hello!

Jack: Aaarrgghh! Nosferatu!

Victor: You look like you’ve seen a ghost. 

Jack: Just a vampire. And a demon.

@@@@@@@

Sally enters her room to find it lightly decorated, the scent of grilled bananas and Lotrimin perfuming the air. A dinner has been arranged. Nick appears, his suit wearing him far too tightly.

Sally: What’s all this?

Nick: I need to say something I should have said a while ago. Things have been crazy and complicated, but my brother got up in my grill the other day and said I was a weenie who didn’t love you. Well, in yo face, Adam. I’ve fallen madly in love with you, Sally.

Sally: Oh.

Nick: Oh? That’s it? I just dropped some primo, panty dropping poetry on your azz after breaking in here to make you dinner.

Sally: I know and I appreciate your non-stop effort to make me happy, especially after I spent the day trying to flush a big, stinky turd.

Nick: Order a poop knife from Amazon. Total life saver and lots of fun to boot.

Sally: You say the sweetest, most respectful things. What brought all this on?

Nick: I just realized that no matter how much my parents talk trash about you, it only makes me more horned up. I like to match them zinger for zinger. You can always count on me to get in a pissing match over your honor.

Sally: Promise me you always will, you wonderful, lovable man.

Nick: Sure. Belches loudly.

Sally: I hope you’re not tired, because I think you need to make mad, passionate love to the woman carrying your niece.

@@@@@@@

Diane: Mrs. Martinez’s magical cookies don’t seem to be working on you as well as they did Harrison.

Kyle: These are the ones she makes for Harrison? No wonder I’m not high as fuck.

Diane: Language! I wonder if Jack is having any luck with Christine.

Kyle: Don’t get your hopes up.

Diane: Too late. Daniel’s support has really gotten me jazzed up. It seems like anything is possible now.

Kyle: Fine! God, I can’t take the browbeating anymore. You’ve broken me. Mom, I have to tell you something.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

How gross is Victoria when she’s being sexy? It makes me cringe. Im surprised Nate finds that sexy.

How gross is Nick stalking his brothers pregnant ex? Seeing Elena made him want to chase Sally even more?

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 5
On 5/12/2023 at 8:09 PM, Js Nana said:

He just can't show them.

I think Judah Mackey is one of the best actors on that show and "Connor" is a child who is acting out his frustration with the adult insanity that surrounds him - the kid doesn't need an exorcist, but the adults he's got to live with may.

I didn’t say that he wasn’t entitled to show his feelings. It was the way he did it that was rude and disrespectful. I had two children who were taught how to express themselves when they were unhappy. Being rude and nasty to adults was not the way to do that. I disagree about your opinion about that child’s acting ability but that’s just my (and your) opinion. Unless you’re his mom.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Shh!  Don't be messing with my profits!
I have the franchise for the popcorn stand at the next Newman family gathering.  😉
Adam and Sally
Victoria and Nate
Abby and Devon
Nick and Elena. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Michael, how can it be a conflict of interest when they find out Crispy 2.0 is alive and the chances should be dropped against Diane when isn’t known that Stark is the one that set Diane up. Then with charges dropped, Michael can defend Crispy 2.0.  But will Crispy 2.0 still find a way to implicate Diane?  Michael, there is no way that Diane will go after Crispy 2.0 if she finds out Crispy 2.0 is alive. 

When the going gets tough for Elena, Banana Breath is never the solution but alcohol and ice cream is a good cure. Banana Breath was upset that the GCAC didn’t have banana splits.  As for Cruella and Natey Nate Nate, is alcohol a cure for what ails them. Isn’t alcohol the catalyst for Natey Nate Nate’s ills in the first place. Natey Nate Nate, you didn’t want to hurt Elena but you really didn’t give 💩💩 about hurting Devon. 

What is Sally’s malfunction?  A little white lie to Adam because, without a doubt, Banana Breath had a lot to do with turning Adam down as did Mrs Chipmunk.  So what are you going to do now Sally?  How are you going to live without a means of support until you are able to find a client. Also, there will be a lot of medical bills to pay without having medical insurance.  If I read you correctly Sally, you won’t even let Banana Breath pay your bills.  What’s the over and under until Sally finally realized that Banana Breath is a complete and utter idiot and comes back to Adam.  I’m not about to give up on Sally and Adam.  It’s the only couple that make any kind of sense other than Mariah and Tessa.  So the whole back off Adam, from Sally, was a prelude to Banana Breath telling Sally he loved her and a possible proposal of marriage.  Banana Breath is too dumb to think about telling Sally he loved her.  The 15 watt light bulb went off in his head via the conversation with Elena.  When Banana Breath finds out Sally turned Adam down on his job offer, he will want to retract his I love you.  

The only thing more boring than Natey Nate Nate and Cruella is •••••, check that, there is nothing more boring.  If Natey Nate Nate and Cruella ever got married, it would be Dr and Mrs Pomposity.  Sally and Banana Breath are almost as boring but they are more cringe worthy 🤢🤮.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I had two children who were taught how to express themselves when they were unhappy.

I'm guessing, Gam, that you never kept your children away from their father, they never experienced an absence from you due to your having a mental breakdown, and their father was never having a baby with a woman who was their uncle's girlfriend.

• LOL 12
(edited)

Has any Genoa City woman ever benefited, long or short term, from being involved with Nick?  Sharon shoplifted, then became a psychologist and now is apparently chained at the ankle and not allowed to leave Crimson Lights.  Phyllis got even crazier AND she and Nick saddled the world with StuporGirl.  Hell, Sage DIED.  And now Sally is, for all intents and purposes, brain dead.

The stench of unwashed board shorts, "Pull My Finger" jokes gone wrong and a lunch pail of boogers waft over Genoa City, all due to Dickolas.  Elena better run like hell.

I've been trying to think of anyone or anything that has less chemistry than Victoria and Nate.  Individually, they're bad enough, but as a couple, they're absolutely deadly.

That raspy laugh that creaks out of Victoria as she eyes Nate as if he's that forbidden carb she hasn't had since 1996, as he narrows his eyes and lifts his chin to utter the least sexy blather ever heard even outdoes Victor's nausea-inducing "My Baby" at Nikki.  

It's as if an egg beater fell in love with a double boiler.

It seems to me that ButtBiscuit has expanded from being a person to becoming a contagion.  Symptoms include extreme bloating, gassiness, balloon head and full body clamminess leaving the patient dripping with smug condescension. 

Nate, ButtBiscuit Prime (Billy Abbott), and Nick all need to be carted away for in-house treatment.  Devon, Chance and Kyle, at least so far, can be treated as outpatients.

But the chance for recovery sleems grim indeed.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

(Furthermore, allegedly CH and MG have broken up IRL so there must be some awkwardness when they do scenes together now. On top of that, rumor has it MG has reunited with SC so yikes. Quel drame!)

Geez, when real life is as messy as the soaps...

5 hours ago, Js Nana said:

1. What's with Adam's hairstyle, it looks like some bizarre kind of comb over.

I've been confused by his hair for a good minute. It points in the same 7 different directions no matter which angle you're looking at it from, like it's a compass. Then you get to the back, it's extremely flat. Dude has hair like a saiyan.

4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nick: Order a poop knife from Amazon. Total life saver and lots of fun to boot.

Nick seems like the type to need a poop knife, so thanks for this. That's gonna be my new headcanon.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The woman Nick was meeting with at the beginning of the episode

My backstory for the character: She is 32 years old, unmarried, has an MBA from Penn State, and the company she worked for had to downsize because of supply side issues - even if she gets the job with Newman, she's guessing she'll have to keep up her Uber gig for about a year in order to replenish her "rainy day" fund enough to keep up with inflation.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oof. I was wondering about this. CH and MG were never super out about their relationship, but I had noticed they hadn't posted anything at all of the two of them together in a few months. Messy messy.

I'm not sure if what we are seeing on the show now is pre or post breakup, but she still has more chemistry with Adam than Nick. And yeah, definitely chem testing Nick and Elena. BTW,  am loving Elena's casual style. She's about the only woman on the show who wears jeans regularly. 

Edited by tanyak
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I have no idea what's happening in Mark Grossman's, Courtney Hope's or Sharon Case's personal lives, and neither do the on-line soap tabloids.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, tanyak said:

am loving Elena's casual style. She's about the only woman on the show who wears jeans regularly.

It would be kind of tough for me to accept a character who wears party dresses to her job as a doctor.

• LOL 10

Just watched the scene where Billy and Summer "reminisce," and the almost pedophilic backstory for those two characters just creeps me out; "Billy" is a character who slept with his girlfriend's emotionally damaged daughter for revenge - what a prince.

Also, Peter Bergman is a 69-year-old red-headed white man whose blotchy skin looks like he's never used sun-block while basking in the Southern California sun.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I have no idea what's happening in Mark Grossman's, Courtney Hope's or Sharon Case's personal lives, and neither do the on-line soap tabloids.

Okay.

Well, in other news, a few weeks ago one of the soap sites posted an Instagram story from MG's account wherein he was engaged in some outdoor recreational activities. CH was notably absent. However, SC could be seen in a few of the photos, albeit at a plausibly deniable distance.

Meanwhile, CH and MG's social media accounts no longer show photos of them together except in context of their roles as Sally and Adam. So certain interpretations have been made by observers and fans which may or may not be valid, hence my use of the word "allegedly" in my previous post on the matter.

Just watched the scene where Billy and Summer "reminisce," and the almost pedophilic backstory for those two characters just creeps me out; "Billy" is a character who slept with his girlfriend's emotionally damaged daughter for revenge - what a prince.

Yeah, I haven't watched today's show yet but I caught that scene in passing. I really can't understand why TPTB want to normalize Summer and Billy's relationship now. He specifically had sex with her as revenge on Phyllis for cheating on him with Nick. Summer also being Nick's daughter was just icing on the putrid cake for Billy.

Even though Summer was crushing on Billy and had some kind of weird bet with Kyle on whether she could get Billy into bed, I will never stop considering what happened as a sexual assault. Billy had sex with Summer deliberately without her fully informed consent. The look on his face as he was about to take her read pure spite.

On some level Billy, Summer, and Phyllis know what happened was wrong because they have made sure not to tell Nick. (Kyle and Lily have been told what Billy did and they haven't mentioned it to Nick either.) IMO the show needs to stop trying to pretend like it didn't happen or if it did, it's no longer a big deal.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
this is not the droid you're looking for
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Attention Kyle and Jack: Loose.Lips Sink Ships

Wow, they didn't waste 1 minute spilling their guts. Now Christine, Chance, Diane and Summer know the big secret.
My predictions for who is next:
Michael>Lauren
Christine>off screen Paul lol
Chance>Sharon
Diane>Ashley>Tucker

• Like 14
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Attention Kyle and Jack: Loose.Lips Sink Ships

Wow, they didn't waste 1 minute spilling their guts. Now Christine, Chance, Diane and Summer know the big secret.
My predictions for who is next:
Michael>Lauren
Christine>off screen Paul lol
Chance>Sharon
Diane>Ashley>Tucker

I know. I think the list of who doesn't know is now shorter.

Attn West Coasters, Wednesday's show is postponed until 1:37am Thursday due to soccer. Again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

IMO the show needs to stop trying to pretend like it didn't happen

It was a hugely wrong storyline that I'm guessing the producers wish Y&R viewers would forget ever happened, because all they can give Billy are excuses for what he did - I'm remembering a couple of years ago or so that Billy was using the excuse with Summer that he'd been in a very dark place when he lured her into bed, like that could excuse what he did.

• Like 10
(edited)

Maybe discussion of the actor’s’ personal lives would fit better in the media thread?

I’m confused about why nobody (i.e. Michael) is pushing a DNA test on the corpses. You don’t need Phyllis to exonerate Diane, you just need to prove that wasn’t her in the ambulance.

The lengths they go to to avoid showing children.

“Oh, Summer took Harrison with her, idk where they went.”

Summer surfaces alone at a bar, then returns home without Harrison.

”Oh, the nanny met me at the park and took Harrison to a sleepover.”

…alright… were you gonna… inform his parent about any of this, or…?

Edited by Rye
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

You know things have gotten bad in your life when Billy or Chelsea are offering you a caring ear.

I think these constant impromptu eulogies for Phyllis are getting as bad as the ones for Neil. At least Neil is actually dead.

Billy said he sees a lot of Phyllis in Summer. He would know, right? He's the only person who's been inside both of them. 😏

Lol, Diane's big mad! She might kill Phyllis for reals now.

Come on, what responsible parent would let their child play a game created by Chelsea? Especially one purporting to help them navigate the difficulties of life. It'd be like having them use a Jeffrey Dahmer game to increase their appetite.

Jack, you're a wealthy man. You could hire people to track Phyllis down yourself. Just sayin'.

Poor Kyle, being used to carry lies between Summer, Daniel, and Phyllis. He has no idea what a good poker face his wife has. Summer didn't flinch when Kyle breathlessly revealed to her that her psycho mommy is alive.

Chelsea is exceptional at pulling people into her emotional drama and keeping them on the hook. I almost feel sorry for Billy as he falls for her doe eyes. Almost.

Attn West Coasters, Wednesday's show is postponed until 1:37am Thursday due to soccer. Again.

Viewers should probably check their local TV listings. In my Western time zone Y&R is being aired at either 2:30am or 2:42am, depending on which TV listing I consult. 🙄 Either way, the episodes are usually put online at CBS.com/Paramount+ by the early afternoon.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Poor Kyle, being used to carry lies between Summer, Daniel, and Phyllis. He has no idea what a good poker face his wife has. Summer didn't flinch when Kyle breathlessly revealed to her that her psycho mommy is alive.

I kept hoping Kyle would compare his own reaction to finding out his mom was alive with Summer’s and realize something was off. Summer wasn’t happy or relieved, just stressed. There aren’t many people who would be able to detect an inauthentic reaction to such bizarre news, but Kyle is actually one of those people. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’m so happy that Summer❄️❄️❄️ is treating Nostrils like the piece of 💩 he is. Not only has he treated Crispy 2.0 very poorly he for Nostrils, Summer❄️❄️❄️ was a hump and dump.  Was Nostrils pontificating really necessary?  What does Nostrils hold over the monkeys with a keyboard’s heads to warrant the most boring resurrection 🥱.  But, of course, Summer❄️❄️❄️ wound up talking to Nostrils rehashing what we already know about Crispy 2.0.  Like in the Peanuts comicstrip, when Nostril talks, all I hear is blah blah blah.  Talking about resurrections, Chelsea is another example. The monkeys with a keyboard are making it seem that Chelsea is more behind Omega Sphere than Daniel because she is coming up with all the concepts. Is the beta test based on Daniel’s original concept on basing the game on Lucy?  

Victor ever being Victor tells Jack that Diane should be locked up anyway because she’s an evil person. If that was true, 1/2 of GC would be locked up.  As in RL justice, there are two sets of rules. 

So the 🐂💩continues. Christine doesn’t believe that Crispy 2.0 is alive but did Christine ever get positive proof that the body was actually Crispy 2.0. Crispy 2.0’s teeth would be a dead giveaway and teeth would not be destroyed by fire. So Christine says that Crispy 2.0 has been legally declared dead so there must have been a bogus death certificate. How about the crispy driver. Was he identified?  Is there also a bogus death certificate for him. The sole surviving EMT looks like he’s missing in action but before that wouldn’t have that fantastic lawyer, Michael, have deposed him and not rely on his statement to the GCPD.  Christine, get off your penguin butt and call the ME’s office and find out if Stark was killed by a pair of scissors. Duh. Am I going to use ❄️❄️❄️ to describe Christine also.  Chance is another one who puts his skeptic curiosity on hold.  Yes Chance, the scissors as the murder weapon had to be leaked by the GCPD. Why would Chance be questioning that fantastic police department that employs him. Where is Paul when you need him. 

Yes Nostrils, your addictive personality could be locked in Johnny’s and Katie’s personality but each one of their mothers are not without their own highly irregular personalities.  Both children could grow up to be fine examples of society in-spite of their parents but this is a soap opera so I wouldn’t bet on it.  

What is wrong with this picture?  Nostrils and Banana Breath are declared “good guys” and Adam is the consummate red headed step child.  In my humble opinion, those two live in Adam’s shadow. 

If Summer❄️❄️❄️ is anything like Crispy 2.0, Daniel is in deep deep shit for telling everyone Crispy 2.0 is alive. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I guess we are supposed to totally forget how nefarious Chelsea was. She drugged and raped Billy, tried to kill Rey to pin the murder on Adam, was a grifter. Yup, she is the one I'd run to for advice.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

The tea has already been spilled? Is Josh Griffith allergic to drama and tension? Are sekrits too complicated to plot around? Don’t get me wrong; wondering which side of the head Nate’s part will be on is a generous dose of suspense, but I feel there could be just a few more thrills. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The tea has already been spilled? Is Josh Griffith allergic to drama and tension? Are sekrits too complicated to plot around? Don’t get me wrong; wondering which side of the head Nate’s part will be on is a generous dose of suspense, but I feel there could be just a few more thrills. 

That’s fair, certainly in more capable hands this would have been a slow burn with a huge payoff in a few months. But the SL was so stupid and so poorly constructed that it’s a relief they’re speeding through it. It’s like how they say when you have diarrhea you shouldn’t take anything to stop it. It’s better to just get it all out.

Yes. This is exactly like that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

Sooooo..."Finding Princess Luisa" is not the children's version of OmahaSphere?  I can't imagine any adult playing a game with that title unless Princess Luisa can be found straddling a stripper pole.

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

These people are ruining our break from Crispy! All they do is talk about her. If we must hear about the witch, Christine should be working overtime to prove that the body in the crash was not that of the cawing Crispy. The loon ran down Christine, smirked in her face and made comments through the years. What the hell is wrong with Christine? 

It is really hard to believe that Christine, of all people, has doubts that Phyllis is capable of such a thing.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

So Chelz tells ButtBiscuit that when he touches her, she gets "shivers".

Count yourself lucky, Chelz.  Most people ButtBiscuit touches require repeated doses of antibiotics and isolation.

As for the "Phyllis is Alive" hysteria, everyone should arm themselves and be prepared to 

giphy.gif

as Easy Bake Avery always said about her sister, Phyllis, "Stake it or bake it".

And not even Genoa City needs that stink.

• LOL 14

I’ve checked back in for the Daniel revelation. I really like Diane’s “house arrest” top, it’s a good change from her constantly similar dresses.

At least now, Phyllis can’t hold “you faked your death” over her, every day.

11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

It is really hard to believe that Christine, of all people, has doubts that Phyllis is capable of such a thing.

I know!!! She’s like a run of the mill DA who’s just looking to make a name for themselves, when she knows everyone involved, who’s likely to lie (Phyllis!!!) and who isn’t (Michael, Daniel).

I guess this storyline is for no history viewers. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I think they are doing the person by person reveal of Phyllis being alive to mute the anger everyone would have about her scheme. By having it be a game of telephone, started by Summer and Daniel, with the goal of emphasizing, while yes, Phyllis messed up but it was Stark's fault and she's just a victim of her emotions because she was so lonely, and now must be protected from a murder charge...etc. etc. it keeps the rightful anger at bay to some extent. 

The writers must have realized how far they'd written Phyllis into a corner (how could they not?), so this slow drip reveal is their way of making what she did not seem so heinous - though of course it is.  If everyone had found at the same moment in some big reveal, the anger would be big and it would feed off of one another's as they realized the enormity of her actions.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 6
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Is this why Nick and Sally are still together? 

Oh, no. If your symptoms persist for more than three days, you should seek medical attention. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Desperado said:

At least now, Phyllis can’t hold “you faked your death” over her, every day.

That's very optimistic considering Phylty is a grade A hypocrite, and gets away with it most of the time. Her manipulation of Dummer a couple of weeks ago had "Diane is still worse than me" as the main point. 

23 hours ago, Js Nana said:
On 5/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

IMO the show needs to stop trying to pretend like it didn't happen

It was a hugely wrong storyline that I'm guessing the producers wish Y&R viewers would forget ever happened, because all they can give Billy are excuses for what he did - I'm remembering a couple of years ago or so that Billy was using the excuse with Summer that he'd been in a very dark place when he lured her into bed, like that could excuse what he did.

The show rug sweeping this really bit them in the ass, maybe even more so than going there in the first place. Because Phyllis unleashing her self-righteous, crazy, duplicitous behavior on people that have truly earned it, like Nostrils & Victor, would save the character from being shat on as much as she is today. If at all, cos I don't see many people getting pissed at Phyllis for getting revenge on Victor after Marco* or on Billy for what he did to Summer. Isn't she supposed to be this fierce, fervent mother? But here she is having more smoke for Diane, who messed with her over 20 years ago, & faked her own death(that no one went to prison for anyway).Than Billy, who creepily preyed on her daughter for petty revenge. FOH 

*Even if Victor is narratively untouchable and can never take an L or suffer a consequence, what's the excuse for Billy? Especially considering the JT version isn't(to my knowledge) exactly a fan favorite, not compared to the Billy Miller version at least.  

Nick is just as bad, funny how when JM asked for Nick to do something major, none of the writers thought to have him find out that Billy was too bitch-made to get at him directly for sleeping with Phyllis & went after his daughter instead, and then proceed to fuck him up every way imaginable.....Nope better to have him waste his bullish, spiteful nature on Adam. Making him be just as creepy & sleep with the woman pregnant with his niece. 

Josh Griffith really sucks...

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 1
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I think they are doing the person by person reveal of Phyllis being alive to mute the anger everyone would have about her scheme. By having it be a game of telephone, started by Summer and Daniel, with the goal of emphasizing, while yes, Phyllis messed up but it was Stark's fault and she's just a victim of her emotions because she was so lonely, and now must be protected from a murder charge...etc. etc. it keeps the rightful anger at bay to some extent. 

The writers must have realized how far they'd written Phyllis into a corner (how could they not?), so this slow drip reveal is their way of making what she did not seem so heinous - though of course it is.  If everyone had found at the same moment in some big reveal, the anger would be big and it would feed off of one another's as they realized the enormity of her actions.

It’s true. They’re also conveniently omitting the description of what Phyllis actually did from each reveal, which is allowing them to gloss over how odious it truly was. If they show someone being told, “Phyllis staged her own death, set up an ambulance fire with real corpses, and let her children and friends grieve for her all because she doesn’t like Diane”, the response isn’t “I can’t believe she did that”; it’s, “That bitch should die in prison.” Just cheap gimmicks to compensate for lazy, sloppy writing that left your “fan fave” ( 🤢 ) irredeemable.

ETA: I also desperately need Daniel to out Summer after she snotted at him about him protecting her and her marriage. Oh, you don’t care?? Not a problem, 🎶Hey, Kyyyyleeeee🎶!

Edited by Rye
  • Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4