Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Lines

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Intelligence does everything they can to build a case against the elusive leader of a drug ring, but things get complicated when Rojas realizes someone she cares about might be involved.

Airdate: 03/25/2020

The pot calling the kettle black:  used to convey that the criticisms a person is aiming at someone else could equally well apply to themselves.

I can't believe Voight actually said to Haley "do you understand, you crossed the line?"

• Love 5

Must say one of the highlights of the season was seeing that shit-eating grin being wiped off Permasmirk's face. She really did strut in there thinking her shit didn't stink & thinking that she can do whatever she wants. Nice to see Voight slap that arrogance out of her.

Rojas should've been sacked as well.

For an elite unit they seem to fuck up drug buys fairly often...maybe they should give Atwater/Rojas new jobs, they don't seem particularly good at it.

• Love 5

I know Hailey isn't well-liked.. But she's been pretty  consistent and while I don't always agree with her she does have her ppl's back... That said she's a wild card and had to get reamed by Voight... If only because he's the superior officer.. Not that he has a leg to stand on himself... He knows he eventually went way over the edge... And doesn't want that for her... Which is where she's heading currently 

• Love 7

Hey I know there's not a lot of Voight fans here, but I get what his point was.  

Haley is turning into Voight Jr, but she doesn't have the stripes or the connections that he has. His whole point was *You come to me and I get dirty and live with it.  Not saying he isn't a total hypocrite, but he has a much better chance of getting away with it than she does.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

Not saying he isn't a total hypocrite, but he has a much better chance of getting away with it than she does.

She seems to be "getting away" with it quite well, and Voight is definitely a hypocrite.

Let's see how well Haley does working with [squeaky clean] Omar at the FBI.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, preeya said:

She seems to be "getting away" with it quite well, and Voight is definitely a hypocrite.

Agree but only because she works for Voight.  

9 minutes ago, preeya said:

Let's see how well Haley does working with [squeaky clean] Omar at the FBI.

That will be interesting!!  Before I read about the crossover, I thought she might have been written out!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She always acts that way.  And she couldn't even let Rojas have a private conversation with the dude.  She has to act like a busybody.

I wonder if Rojas every get the feeling that she's being watched while she sleeps....why is she always creeping on people. She watched Rojas & Halstead like a hawk. It's creepy.

Poor Rojas can't even get an episode focus without it ending up be all about Upton again....

8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She is only getting away with it because Voight is covering for her.

And she thinks she's so smart and clever, except Voight knows about it before she even takes her jacket off. If it wasn't for Voight covering her ass she'd be done by now and she doesn't seem to either get that or perhaps she just doesn't care. Her arrogance is astounding. 

Also I can tell you if I saw someone out in the open lifting their collar and talking into it that they are either knee deep in a mental health crisis or a cop.....I mean come on, we know they are cops we don't need them to make it so bleeding obvious. I know they think the views are dumb, but we are not that dumb.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Agree but only because she works for Voight.  

That will be interesting!!  Before I read about the crossover, I thought she might have been written out!

We would only be so lucky! Shes a fan favorite according to this article I read UGH

• LOL 3

I loved seeing Upton Get ripped a new one by Voight. He doesnt want her to be like him and she shouldnt aspire to be him. She seriously is being written to be Lindsey's replacement in every way possible its gross.

• Love 4

Voight had to lecture Upton as her supervisor. It might have been over acted a bit but she definitely deserved it. And he put her notice when he questioned Rojas. They telegraphed what they were going to do last week when she picked the lock during the raid and Ruzek commented they'd have to talk about  that .

I get the impression he can live with being a dirty cop but he'd rather implement personal vigilante justice because it's just a matter of getting a way with that act. But if he's questioned about his or team's actions he's put in a position to purger himself along with the crime. Upton's and other's actions take things out of his control, he's very measured in what he does. Now Voight might have to take a risk he never even planned for let alone wanted to do.

And yes he doesn't want the team to act like he does, in a way legitimate cases/arrests help him redeem himself, it's not just about keeping his job or staying out of jail.

• Love 4

Princess Hailey finally got in trouble.  I'm in shock.  Vanessa should have been fired, for evidence tampering and obstruction.  That was one of the dumbest things  I've seen on this show. Kevin remains underused. 

• Love 2
On 3/26/2020 at 6:28 AM, Guildford said:

Must say one of the highlights of the season was seeing that shit-eating grin being wiped off Permasmirk's face. She really did strut in there thinking her shit didn't stink & thinking that she can do whatever she wants. Nice to see Voight slap that arrogance out of her.

Rojas should've been sacked as well.

For an elite unit they seem to fuck up drug buys fairly often...maybe they should give Atwater/Rojas new jobs, they don't seem particularly good at it.

Maybe Kevin is phoning it in because he's tired of playing drug dealer. Rojas is an idot.

• Love 2

It’s funny, last episode I made such a post about Rojas going nowhere and here they give her this episode. Guess what? She’s underused because she’s not very good. She has no acting range and I didn’t buy into any of her scenes. Her being fired would have been a better idea.

And while its true that they have been grooming Haley to be #2/Jr Voight, the interaction between Voight and Rojas on her fuckup and her past was vintage Lindsay. That point should have elevated Rojas on the show. It didn’t.

Not only is Atwater underused, Ruzek is playing the same supporting knit cap wearing nothing role every week with the occasional nothing spot on Fire. And Burgess, the Senior female agent with accomplishments greater than anyone on the squad, is basically used to stick perp pics on the whiteboard now.

Aaaaand Permasmirk. She has gone from Jr IA Miss Look Down Her nose at all of her coworkers Morality Queen... to planting evidence. When she was on the stairs and told Voight she did what she thought he’d wanted I thought he might backhand her. Then in his office I thought, “no Permasmirk, don’t say that’s what Voight would have...ugh.” What a clown. News Flash, Blondie, you aren’t Voight.

And Finally, Voight. Lots of people love to hate Voight here apparently. This guy will lay on the train tracks for his people. All I know is, in over 20 years working, I would have been thrilled to death to work in a squad under a guy like Voight. Actually, my first Supervisor was an Ex Chicago Transit Cop that reminds me a bit of Voight and he was the best I ever had.

• Love 3

I have to believe one day things are gonna come to a head and people will be held accountable, and Haley is gonna be the cause of it. She's gonna send Voight and the unit right over a cliff.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, SG11 said:

It’s funny, last episode I made such a post about Rojas going nowhere and here they give her this episode. Guess what? She’s underused because she’s not very good. She has no acting range and I didn’t buy into any of her scenes. Her being fired would have been a better idea.

And while its true that they have been grooming Haley to be #2/Jr Voight, the interaction between Voight and Rojas on her fuckup and her past was vintage Lindsay. That point should have elevated Rojas on the show. It didn’t.

Not only is Atwater underused, Ruzek is playing the same supporting knit cap wearing nothing role every week with the occasional nothing spot on Fire. And Burgess, the Senior female agent with accomplishments greater than anyone on the squad, is basically used to stick perp pics on the whiteboard now.

Aaaaand Permasmirk. She has gone from Jr IA Miss Look Down Her nose at all of her coworkers Morality Queen... to planting evidence. When she was on the stairs and told Voight she did what she thought he’d wanted I thought he might backhand her. Then in his office I thought, “no Permasmirk, don’t say that’s what Voight would have...ugh.” What a clown. News Flash, Blondie, you aren’t Voight.

And Finally, Voight. Lots of people love to hate Voight here apparently. This guy will lay on the train tracks for his people. All I know is, in over 20 years working, I would have been thrilled to death to work in a squad under a guy like Voight. Actually, my first Supervisor was an Ex Chicago Transit Cop that reminds me a bit of Voight and he was the best I ever had.

Voight is nothing but a thug with a badge and he's a horrible influence on the people under him with Haley being the prime example. Look at the other Chicago shows and both Goodwin and Boden would lay on the tracks for their people too  but there is a lot that separates them from somebody like Voight, I'll save my admiration for people like them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I know chi city is large but seriously don't at least some of these drug dealers know each other how is Kevin able to walk around after so many undercover drug/guns deals.. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I know chi city is large but seriously don't at least some of these drug dealers know each other how is Kevin able to walk around after so many undercover drug/guns deals.. 

That they keep sticking him in these undercover drug dealer plots is insulting and disrespectful.hey go to that well a little too often, so damn tone deaf.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mommalib said:

Voight is nothing but a thug with a badge and he's a horrible influence on the people under him with Haley being the prime example. Look at the other Chicago shows and both Goodwin and Boden would lay on the tracks for their people too  but there is a lot that separates them from somebody like Voight, I'll save my admiration for people like them.

I don't disagree with any of that, but there is something I find fascinating about him.  That doesn't mean he's someone to be admired.  This show from the begining has been about cops going into Intelligence and turning to the dark side.  Burgess used to be all bright eyed and idealistic and she's a whole different character now.  Haley started out with some balls but also with some ethics and she's literally Hank Jr. now.  If they plan out the series finale correctly ( I know it's been renewed for 3 years)  the series should end with Voight back in jail where he started, along with all or most of his team.  A good twist would be someone in his unit getting promoted over him and being the one who puts him away.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mommalib said:

Goodwin? OMG, there isn’t a more incompetent excuse for an administrator on TV. Every Doc under her commits ethical and legal breaches every single episode and when they end up in her office she gives them a stern talking to and threatens to take one of Natalies cookies away (but doesn’t). What a laugh. What is it about Boden, an OK Fire Guy and Goodwin that’s deserving of admiration by their subordinates other their ability to walk all over them?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

Goodwin? OMG, there isn’t a more incompetent excuse for an administrator on TV. Every Doc under her commits ethical and legal breaches every single episode and when they end up in her office she gives them a stern talking to and threatens to take one of Natalies cookies away (but doesn’t). What a laugh. What is it about Boden, an OK Fire Guy and Goodwin that’s deserving of admiration by their subordinates other their ability to walk all over them?

Voight is a piece of trash with a badge and if there is any justice him a most of his team with the exception of maybe Atwater should end up in jail. You can insult Goodwin and Boden all you want but at the end of the day they got their people's backs and they aren't actively a negative influence on their subordinates.  And Goodwin ins't the first authority figure to give the people under her a long leash, isn't that what Voight is doing with Haley right now?

Edited by mommalib
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, SG11 said:

Yeah why does it seem like Burgess is till the low man on the totem pole when it comes to assignments? She always seems to be the one hanging back doing office grunt work. I suppose I could see why Upton might be given the lead on some cases since she's a detective and for whatever reason they haven't had Burgess or Atwater take the test or get promoted yet, but Rojas is a total newbie and she's always out in the field. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SadieT said:

Yeah why does it seem like Burgess is till the low man on the totem pole when it comes to assignments? She always seems to be the one hanging back doing office grunt work. I suppose I could see why Upton might be given the lead on some cases since she's a detective and for whatever reason they haven't had Burgess or Atwater take the test or get promoted yet, but Rojas is a total newbie and she's always out in the field. 

Because they need Rojas out in the field to prop up Upton and make her seem like she has friends.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It is strange having a person crossover from one series to another when that other series is on another network.

I have no interest in that FBI series, it is so stupid.  I used to watch it.  Instead of walking up to the suspect and grabbing him or her, they scream at them from a mile away just so the suspect can run off and a chase scene ensues.  The chase scene maybe exciting, but it makes the protagonists look like morons.

Same thing with car chases.  Shoot out the suspect's tires or disable the car before the person takes off.  

As for Permasmirk, I am hoping she moves on to the FBI and doesn't come back.

And why is Upton the one that's get to do a network crossover? I mean she can't be that damn popular. I refuse to believe that lol.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Voight is a complex character.   There are things about him that make him a horrible human being.  However, his one positive attribute and it is one that few bosses have, is loyalty to the people that work for him.  Both at work and away from work.

Let's be honest, Permasmirk was an annoying pain in the ass the first time she stepped on screen. 

Yes he has an admirable quality but he's  white man with a badge and a gangster all at the same time. He's a gangster with a built in unfair advantage that gets away with everything. As a black man I hate his guts lol. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, mommalib said:

And why is Upton the one that's get to do a network crossover? I mean she can't be that damn popular. I refuse to believe that lol.

Of the 3 females maybe they thought the CBS crowd would like het the best... And then they just made the story fit

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, mommalib said:

Because Rick Eid is the showrunner of FBI also and he has a weird obsession with her . 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Everybody knows you can’t tell black guys apart. At least on Dick Wolf shows.

I just hope they don’t start dressing Kevin in a red shirt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, mommalib said:

Voight is a piece of trash with a badge and if there is any justice him a most of his team with the exception of maybe Atwater should end up in jail. You can insult Goodwin and Boden all you want but at the end of the day they got their people's backs and they aren't actively a negative influence on their subordinates.  And Goodwin ins't the first authority figure to give the people under her a long leash, isn't that what Voight is doing with Haley right now?

No, actually right now Voight is literally transferring her out to a no nonsense federal agency to get her head back on straight. Not only does he protect his people, but he does attempt to fix them for their own good, even when its uncomfortable. Not unlike sending his son to the military.

I didn’t insult Boden, I like him for the most part. But Goodwin is unbelievable. She doesnt just give her people a long leash, she’s a civilian hospital administrator that has her people in her office for repeatedly breaking legal and ethical guidelines and more importantly, puts the hospital in tremendous legal jeopardy and does nothing, ever. She sure doesn’t try to get the staff to change their ways, that’s for sure. She seems like a nice lady and all, but she should have been fired a million years ago and apparently won’t be until the hospital loses that massive lawsuit that she allowed to happen.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SG11 said:

No, actually right now Voight is literally transferring her out to a no nonsense federal agency to get her head back on straight. Not only does he protect his people, but he does attempt to fix them for their own good, even when its uncomfortable. Not unlike sending his son to the military.

I didn’t insult Boden, I like him for the most part. But Goodwin is unbelievable. She doesnt just give her people a long leash, she’s a civilian hospital administrator that has her people in her office for repeatedly breaking legal and ethical guidelines and more importantly, puts the hospital in tremendous legal jeopardy and does nothing, ever. She sure doesn’t try to get the staff to change their ways, that’s for sure. She seems like a nice lady and all, but she should have been fired a million years ago and apparently won’t be until the hospital loses that massive lawsuit that she allowed to happen.

If Goodwin should have been fired a million years ago then Voight's ass should have been in jail a million years ago. And Voight is not gonna fix Haley because he's her inspiration and she's gonna continue to follow in his footsteps. And yes while I like Goodwin but I definitely have my problems with her as well. She should lay the hammer down  a lot more especially on Natalie and Will. But I would still take her over Voight if we talking leadership if not for anything else the kind of person she is.

Edited by mommalib
5 hours ago, mommalib said:

If Goodwin should have been fired a million years ago then Voight's ass should have been in jail a million years ago. And Voight is not gonna fix Haley because he's her inspiration and she's gonna continue to follow in his footsteps. And yes while I like Goodwin but I definitely have my problems with her as well. She should lay the hammer down  a lot more especially on Natalie and Will. But I would still take her over Voight if we talking leadership if not for anything else the kind of person she is.

All fair points. I still think Voight’s transfer of Haley is something Goodwin would never have the guts to do. Nat and Will could each be fired because Goodwin never did them the favor of correcting them. Boden would do that, I think.  But I see how someone would prefer her to Voight, who could as you say easily have been to jail a million years ago. (Oh that’s right, he was.)  Personally as a former LEO, I’d love to work for Voight. That’s the guy I want having my back.

2 hours ago, SG11 said:

All fair points. I still think Voight’s transfer of Haley is something Goodwin would never have the guts to do. Nat and Will could each be fired because Goodwin never did them the favor of correcting them. Boden would do that, I think.  But I see how someone would prefer her to Voight, who could as you say easily have been to jail a million years ago. (Oh that’s right, he was.)  Personally as a former LEO, I’d love to work for Voight. That’s the guy I want having my back.

Well as a civilian and a black one at that, cops like Voight are what nightmares are made of.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Donder said:

Upton is a sociopath, much like everybody on Med. At least Voight did something. Goodwin coddles everybody on that show to become even more sociopathic. 

Exactly. She told Will last week that he had shown this behavior where he ignores patients' wishes before. You're right Sharon, but you didn't do anything outside of finding him malpractice insurance that was willing to cover him. We've seen him show this behavior in all 5 seasons instead of growing out of this and learning to be more responsible. She's never laid down the hammer. Natalie locks parents out of a patient room and gives the child medicine against their wishes, and she gets no discipline at all. And it shouldn't have mattered that she was proven right. What she did was criminal, and at the very least deserves a lengthy suspension and some counseling.

Voight knows he's not done bad things, but at the same time, he still wants the officers in his unit to be better, and not do what he's done. That's why he was mad when Adam took the wrap for Antonio killing a guy while high. And he's trying hard to not to let Hailey go down the same path, which is why he's coming down on her. She feels nothing when she does what she does.

This goes back to why I hate the fact that they killed off Olinsky and turned Antonio into a drug addict. Those guys were the veterans to keep the others in line when Voight wasn't there. Now it's like Voight is running a unit of high schoolers trying to keep them all in line by himself.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Exactly. She told Will last week that he had shown this behavior where he ignores patients' wishes before. You're right Sharon, but you didn't do anything outside of finding him malpractice insurance that was willing to cover him. We've seen him show this behavior in all 5 seasons instead of growing out of this and learning to be more responsible. She's never laid down the hammer. Natalie locks parents out of a patient room and gives the child medicine against their wishes, and she gets no discipline at all. And it shouldn't have mattered that she was proven right. What she did was criminal, and at the very least deserves a lengthy suspension and some counseling.

Voight knows he's not done bad things, but at the same time, he still wants the officers in his unit to be better, and not do what he's done. That's why he was mad when Adam took the wrap for Antonio killing a guy while high. And he's trying hard to not to let Hailey go down the same path, which is why he's coming down on her. She feels nothing when she does what she does.

This goes back to why I hate the fact that they killed off Olinsky and turned Antonio into a drug addict. Those guys were the veterans to keep the others in line when Voight wasn't there. Now it's like Voight is running a unit of high schoolers trying to keep them all in line by himself.

Exactly right. Goodwin vs Voight as a leader and a supervisor is a no-brainer.

I can't stand Upton. I hope she goes to FBI for good. She was always a poor and inferior replacement for Sophia Bush, who is still missed (its good to see her on all the reruns played on the other channels). I really like Rojas and it would be great to see her become prominate with Upton hopefully leaving. She is really attractive and it is good to have one of the officers actually come from the streets of Chicago that they are all patrolling.

I think what is happening to Voight is parallel to what happened to Sonny Crockett on Miami Vice. After working years underecover in a difficult job, you saw the toll it took and Sonny as the seasons went on, leading to the difficulties he had at the end. It seems Voight is goint through the same process. Dick Wolf was Executive Producer and writer on Miami Vice for Seasons 3-5.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:51 AM, WinJet0819 said:

This is the ultimate issue with the show. The first three seasons were gold because while you had the Lindsay/Halstead connection I never felt it interfered with their professionalism. Burgess/Ruzeks did but at least it was always called out and Burgess wasn’t on the squad then. Even the Roman/Burgess hook up felt organic As the short lived fling it was if not a bit far fetched. 

All characters in the unit were strong and had different backgrounds which came into play at different times. They also weren’t killing/burning/raping family members left right and centre to service soecial crossovers.

Now it’s like One Tree Hill: The Police Force. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BigDfromLA said:

I can't stand Upton. I hope she goes to FBI for good. She was always a poor and inferior replacement for Sophia Bush, who is still missed (its good to see her on all the reruns played on the other channels). I really like Rojas and it would be great to see her become prominate with Upton hopefully leaving. She is really attractive and it is good to have one of the officers actually come from the streets of Chicago that they are all patrolling.

I think what is happening to Voight is parallel to what happened to Sonny Crockett on Miami Vice. After working years underecover in a difficult job, you saw the toll it took and Sonny as the seasons went on, leading to the difficulties he had at the end. It seems Voight is goint through the same process. Dick Wolf was Executive Producer and writer on Miami Vice for Seasons 3-5.

Tracy Spiridakos isn't leaving Chicago PD. Dick Wolf apparently wants to push the envelope and build on the success of all his shows. And having a crossover jump networks was in the plans since last spring I believe when the FBI: Most Wanted was greenlit. I think the original plan was to have Spiridakos temporarily fill in on FBI till the end of the season since that show's lead, Missy Peregrym, is going out on maternity leave. I'm not sure how that will work out now since last night's episode was the season finale due to the coronavirus. It might finish up at the start of next season.

I think Hailey has been a good character. She's not Erin, and she doesn't need to be. She just needs to be Hailey.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Chas411 said:

This is the ultimate issue with the show. The first three seasons were gold because while you had the Lindsay/Halstead connection I never felt it interfered with their professionalism. Burgess/Ruzeks did but at least it was always called out and Burgess wasn’t on the squad then. Even the Roman/Burgess hook up felt organic As the short lived fling it was if not a bit far fetched. 

All characters in the unit were strong and had different backgrounds which came into play at different times. They also weren’t killing/burning/raping family members left right and centre to service soecial crossovers.

Now it’s like One Tree Hill: The Police Force. 

The show and characters have just become repetitive. It's the same every week and the way they make every case 'personal' is getting tiresome. It was never this way, each character would have one or two 'big' episodes per season where they got some personal development and the rest of the time it was working together to beat the bad guys. Now they just spend most of the time digging someone out of a hole.

And the characters are boxed in. Atwater does nothing but do undercover buys (usually badly) until he needs to be wheeled out for his black v blue episode, Ruzek does SFA until he's needed to fuck something up, Halstead, well look at his 'big heart' he fucks up and everyone is 'awwww Halstead just cares too much.' Burgess sticks pictures on a board until low and behold she gets a story that involves her tragic love life, and Upton well she's in everything pontificating, snarking, stalking halstead and smirking her way through facilitating murders, planting evidence & pretending her shit doesn't stink. Rojas is just there, not really bringing much and seems to be destined to prop up her housemate and make her seem like she has friends.

And I was never an Erin fan, but I will put my hand up now and say, the grass was not greener on the other side.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, WinJet0819 said:

Tracy Spiridakos isn't leaving Chicago PD. Dick Wolf apparently wants to push the envelope and build on the success of all his shows. And having a crossover jump networks was in the plans since last spring I believe when the FBI: Most Wanted was greenlit. I think the original plan was to have Spiridakos temporarily fill in on FBI till the end of the season since that show's lead, Missy Peregrym, is going out on maternity leave. I'm not sure how that will work out now since last night's episode was the season finale due to the coronavirus. It might finish up at the start of next season.

I think Hailey has been a good character. She's not Erin, and she doesn't need to be. She just needs to be Hailey.

I think she should stay on FBI for good. Rick Eid is the showrunner of FBI