Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: In The Name Of Love

• Start Topic

Airing on March 25, 2020:

Dr. Charles and Goodwin fear Dr. Halstead is repeating his past mistakes when a patient with early-onset Alzheimer's is brought into the E.D. Maggie and Ben become concerned when one of Ben's students is admitted. Dr. Manning and Dr. Marcel treat a terminally ill patient and disagree over the best course of action.

Ethan needs to buy a dose of grow the hell up! Crockett did not kiss April,  she kissed him. Look at Natalie  trying to be Crockett's cheerleader after annoying him. I knew Ben and Maggie would take the kid home.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 6

This week's lineup of conflicts:

Halstead vs. Charles

Manning vs. Crockett

Choi vs. Crockett

Goodwin vs. her ex

Goodwin v. Halstead

And a late entry is (wait for it):

April vs. Choi

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, preeya said:

This week's lineup of conflicts:

Halstead vs. Charles

Manning vs. Crockett

Choi vs. Crockett

Goodwin vs. her ex

Goodwin v. Halstead

And a late entry is (wait for it):

April vs. Choi

April begs Choi to use his words like a big boy.  Meanwhile Crockett remains unbothered by Choi's silent treatment. 

• Love 5

I now firmly believe the writers on this show don't know a thing about character growth. Ethan continues to make judgements on patients without knowing the full story. Will continues to think he knows what's best for a patient despite their wishes or directives. Natalie continues to think she knows more than other doctors and is almost always proven right.

And we've been seeing this stuff since Season 1. And we're in Season 5 now. It's the same ol' same ol' with these characters and it's getting tired. Can it be said that there's been any type of development or growth with any of these characters since Season 1?

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

And we've been seeing this stuff since Season 1. And we're in Season 5 now. It's the same ol' same ol' with these characters and it's getting tired. Can it be said that there's been any type of development or growth with any of these characters since Season 1?

I continue watching just to come to this forum to see the, mostly comical, reactions to this "so called medical drama."

To answer your question, it is a resounding NO. Also the most interesting characters have either left the show or are hardly ever seen (Dr. Latham, the neuro doc).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Doctor Charles is right,  Will needs to stay away from Doctor "Recovery", at least for now.

People in AA are discouraged from dating for the first year.  This may be unrealistic, and is not backed by any actual research as far as I know, but for Will and whatsername to jump into bed seemingly minutes after her completing rehab is stupid and ridiculous.  Especially for so-called medical professionals.  She obviously isn't taking her sobriety seriously.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Natalie is setting the hook and trying to reel in Crockett.  I am hoping he can break free.

Yup, Ben and Maggie will bring the kid home.  If the characters on this series weren't impulsive there wouldn't be a series.

Also, I agree, Ethan is angry at the wrong person, but no one can stay angry with Saint April.

Doctor Charles is right,  Will needs to stay away from Doctor "Recovery", at least for now.

Choi needs to grow up.  As misguided as Choi is, he can be as pissed at Crockett as he wants, but that can't take place in the workplace.

Crockett will be Natalie's latest victim.  Hopefully he continues to put her in check whenever she becomes too annoying.  Ethan doesn't know how to separate work and personal life.  It appeared that Crockett may not have fought back because he's an adult and knows how to remain professional. I was glad Maggie and Ben took Auggie home.

• Love 3

Why, I watch this show.....I have no clue. It's that guilty pleasure you know you shouldn't watch, but you do. I never care about the other Chicago shows outside a lil PD, but it's so bad, I never watch it anymore. Yet every freaking Weds at 8:00.......I need a session with Dr.Charles 

Oh by the way, Will's Druggie girlfriend is gonna OD in his bed. They aren't even bothering not to try and hide it.

• Love 6
On 3/22/2020 at 12:07 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Airing on March 25, 2020:

Dr. Charles and Goodwin fear Dr. Halstead is repeating his past mistakes when a patient with early-onset Alzheimer's is brought into the E.D.

All episode descriptions should really read, "Everyone repeats their past mistakes, but no one, except the patients, fears them because it's just another day at Chicago Med."

LOL at how Crockett walked away from the argument Natalie was chomping at the bit to have.  "We're talking semantics.  I know when I'm out of my depth."  The only thing he missed was throwing up a peace sign as he left.

LOL at Natalie preaching about pragmatism to Crockett.  Natalie!  Pragmatism!  The word came out of her holier-than-thou mouth!  Like that's how she lives her life!

LOL in a bad way about Halstead saying there are exceptions, like obviously he and Asher can be one.  Oh really?  Bc your past relationships have been so successful?

Speaking of Halstead, every time he assumes his opinion about patient care is the right one, even if it's at odds with the facts at hand, I need a sock puppet to pop out from the corner of the screen and say, "Remember that time you were convinced that Jehovah's Witness had left the church and no longer believed in those teachings, so you violated him by performing medical procedures he wouldn't have consented to and left him in a state of anguish?  How are you so sure you're right about this, bro?"  Of course Halstead would still think he was, but he needs to be reminded of the things he so selectively forgets.

• Love 10
On 3/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, WinJet0819 said:

I now firmly believe the writers on this show don't know a thing about character growth. Ethan continues to make judgements on patients without knowing the full story. Will continues to think he knows what's best for a patient despite their wishes or directives. Natalie continues to think she knows more than other doctors and is almost always proven right.

Spot-on post. Every word.

After the surgery I wanted to tell Marcel, “wipe that smile off your face, Nataloon will be proven right, no matter what.”

• Love 3
On 3/26/2020 at 12:14 AM, LittleIggy said:

What disease did that poor guy who had the surgery have. Sounded terrible. Plus it’s 50/50 hereditary? Yikes. 

Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.  It causes dozens (sometimes hundreds) of polyps throughout the entire colon, and that inevitably turned cancerous.  

Treatment is usually a colectomy, but it sounds like this guy had already had his cancer spread when it was caught.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:14 PM, LittleIggy said:

Crockett saying “darlin’”...🥰

Oh my yes.

(Compare and contrast smug Conrad (The Resident) trying to pull exactly the same thing off with a nurse - no, no, no.  Just creepy.)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Maybe they can misdiagnose each other.

They need an episode where each of them contradicts a Doctors diagnosis with their own stupid theory and by the end of the show they stab each other to death with tongue depressors because Nataloon is afraid of weapons.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Whatever happened to Natalie’s son?  And she NEVER seems to reminisce, reflect on or think about her dead husband.  I don’t want to suggest she should obsess, but a random thought now and again would be normal.  Oh, never mind.  

• Love 2

I hate that Natalie is always right, no matter how outrageous or irresponsible her position.

The polyp patient said that even if the operation doesn't succeed, he wants it because it will advance knowledge about his condition and may help his child if he or she has inherited it..

That is an excellent reason for going through with a dangerous operation and Natalie had no right to go behind his back to try to convince his wife differently.

• Love 4

Another day, another episode of ‘know-it-all-Natalie’ insisting she’s right and the whole hospital is wrong... 

Seriously! What is wrong with the One Chicago writers that they can’t write decent female leads?? We had selfish “I want I want” Gaby in Chicago fire, monotonous, arrogant Upton and cocky, bad attitude Burgess in P.D. and we have ‘my way is always right’ Natalie in med. It’s got to the point where I miss most of the episode because I have to fast forward all the Natalie scenes

• Love 1
On 3/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, Donder said:

Why, I watch this show.....I have no clue. It's that guilty pleasure you know you shouldn't watch, but you do. I never care about the other Chicago shows outside a lil PD, but it's so bad, I never watch it anymore. Yet every freaking Weds at 8:00.......I need a session with Dr.Charles

I've been wondering that myself. I'm bingeing and I can't stop. I think it's because the actors are very talented, and they are doing their best with the crappy material they've been given. They all embody their characters well. Also I really like Goodwin's character. 

Or maybe I just like getting righteously annoyed over people doing the same stupid shit over and over. 😄

• Love 1