Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Part VI

• Start Topic

And THE SINNER just went back to being jaw-droppingly stupid again. Is Harry an asshole or what? Is Sonya psychotic? What kind of spell does Jamie put them under? I mean: Matt Bomer is handsome, but what gives? 

Well, maybe it is about Harry. After all, he allowed himself to be buried alive by a psychotic killer who handed him a confession! 

Wacko show!

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 11

Kudos to casting for hiring the young Nick actor, amazing match.  So....maybe they weren’t young killers after all.  Maybe.  Just compadre thrill seekers.  Nick asked Jamie to let him die in the wreck, right?  The psychic was kind of a crime of passion, I don’t think Jamie went there with the intent to bludgeon him 7+ times, just get more answers.  But his first attempt, the gentleman in hospice whom he took the liquor to in the middle of the night, that he tried to strangle at ghostNick’s urging, not sure he would have pulled up on that if the fellow hadn’t fought back, so the killing desire is there...  I got nothing on what is going on with the artist lady, geez, but they WERE intentionally heading to her house before the wreck, so there has to be some connection.  Poor Leela better pack up that baby and move in with her 2 male buddies.  Just when I thought Ambrose was only being a good, old school detective, he gets in that hole!😳

Edited by TarHeelmissy
  • Love 4

Okay this show has just moved into the utterly ridiculous and almost unwatchably stupid. What in the fuck is Ambrose doing allowing himself to be buried alive by someone who’s already killed 2 people?! Ambrose has become just as nuts as Jamie is and isn’t mentally fit to be a detective IMO, he needs a psych evaluation, I mean what in the hell is he thinking? This is clearly not about the case for him, he’s become obsessed with Jamie and is clearly unhinged and is in need of help. That’s all I can conclude about that. And what is with Sonya suddenly asking Jamie to take his clothes off? Totally bonkers. And why didn’t Leela go to the police after Jamie confessed to her? 

This season has gone from good to somewhat dull to stunningly stupid. This had a lot of potential but now it has just devolved into totally preposterous dreck. Ambrose has become just as nuts as Jamie and Nick, and what could’ve been a gripping story has become a totally laughable shitfest - So apparently Jamie and Nick were just thrill seekers in college who did dangerous, stupid stuff, Jamie called Nick out of the blue because of the stress of him becoming a father or something made him want to do insane stuff with Nick again, Jamie let Nick die because he didn’t like the hold Nick had over him, Jamie completely unravels and then kills the psychic guy, and now Ambrose has become so wrapped up in this fiasco that he allows Jamie to bury him alive. What in the absolute fuck kind of story is this?!!! 

I’ll watch the last 2 episodes just to see how it all finishes up, but wow, this story is  beyond unrealistic, ridiculous, absurd and flat out stupid. 

• Love 11

Kudos to casting for hiring the young Nick actor, amazing match. 

I think they look nothing alike but, oh my goodness, he had Nick's voice and inflection down to a science!

Haha, I wonder if Biill Pullman is having flashbacks to The Serpent and the Rainbow in the grave hole--"Please don't bury me; I'm not dead."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Okay this show has just moved into the utterly ridiculous and almost unwatchably stupid. What in the fuck is Ambrose doing allowing himself to be buried alive by someone who’s already killed 2 people?! Ambrose has become just as nuts as Jamie is and isn’t mentally fit to be a detective IMO, he needs a psych evaluation, I mean what in the hell is he thinking? This is clearly not about the case for him, he’s become obsessed with Jamie and is clearly unhinged and is in need of help. That’s all I can conclude about that. And what is with Sonya suddenly asking Jamie to take his clothes off? Totally bonkers. And why didn’t Leela go to the police after Jamie confessed to her? 

This season has gone from good to somewhat dull to stunningly stupid. This had a lot of potential but now it has just devolved into totally preposterous dreck. Ambrose has become just as nuts as Jamie and Nick, and what could’ve been a gripping story has become a totally laughable shitfest - So apparently Jamie and Nick were just thrill seekers in college who did dangerous, stupid stuff, Jamie called Nick out of the blue because of the stress of him becoming a father or something made him want to do insane stuff with Nick again, Jamie let Nick die because he didn’t like the hold Nick had over him, Jamie completely unravels and then kills the psychic guy, and now Ambrose has become so wrapped up in this fiasco that he allows Jamie to bury him alive. What in the absolute fuck kind of story is this?!!! 

I’ll watch the last 2 episodes just to see how it all finishes up, but wow, this story is  beyond unrealistic, ridiculous, absurd and flat out stupid. 

Thank-you for this great post. I totally agree. This is numbingly stupid. 

Ambrose allowed himself to be buried alive!!! I watched the episode twice and on the second viewing I laughed. What a mental case Ambrose is. Sonya stares at Jamie and asks him to take his clothes off and then gets close to photograph him. What nuts!

"What in the absolute fuck kind of story is this?!!!" LMAO

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

That episode where Jamie imagines himself killing those people at the party gave me the case of giggles and now this shit. This series has completely gone off the rails. And I wish Jamie and his ghost bestie Nick would shut the fuck up. They swear they’re being deep. The season thinks it’s being deep with that babbling. 🙄

• Love 4

Is this the end of the show? After showing these people all unraveling (or is Ambrose on a vicodin high) How can he really be a great detective if he's this nuts?

Bill is a great actor but this episode makes me think they will all be sharing a cell together. I'm claustrophobic and had a bad dream watching this before bed, but that's me. That scene alone makes me feel the show "jumped the shark". He trusted a man who is crazy? Told his partner to come later in the day. We know he doesn't die obviously but he's nuts.

No preview I saw but next week's TV guide says "After a major turn in the case, Ambrose's tactics are scrutinized" 

Scrutinized?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

These kind of shows have always been as much about the detective as the people they hunt.  Ambrose has been unraveling for awhile now.   Like Jamie he is looking for something to hold on to.   He is looking to connect.   The horrible thing for Ambrose is that he can only truly connect with the people he is chasing down.   He needs to understand Jamie.   He needs to understand why a guy with an envious life would throw it all away.    Which is why I buy him playing the game with Jamie.   

The need to understand.

The need to connect.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

These kind of sho s have always been as much about the detective as the people they hunt.  Ambrose has been unraveling for awhile now.   Like Jamie he is looking for something to hold on to.   He is looking to connect.   The horrible thing for Ambrose is that he can only truly connect with the people he is chasing down.   He needs to understand Jamie.   He needs to understand why a guy with an envious life would throw it all away.    Which is why I buy him playing the game with Jamie.   

The need to understand.

The need to connect.

Did Columbo ever get this crazy? Did the detectives on "True Detective" or Kojak or Jessica Fletcher? 

I think Ambrose is playing this game because he is psychotic. There is no way any rational detective would allow himself to be buried alive and TRUST that the prime suspect would be there later to dig him up. 

I personally think he is attracted to Jamie. And I think he is being seduced by that attraction. 

The writing for this season is so awful it is a joke.

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 8

Last season was a slog, with the red herrings and the giant rock that people were praying to.  Many times I was rolling my eyes, but I kept watching.   Same thing is happening again, and I question my judgment. 

Is this show train wreck bad or so bad it's good?   Can't decide.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Last season was a slog, with the red herrings and the giant rock that people were praying to.  Many times I was rolling my eyes, but I kept watching.   Same thing is happening again, and I question my judgment. 

Is this show train wreck bad or so bad it's good?   Can't decide.

I liked the first season, didn't get past 3rd show on second season (but read wiki to find out what happened) and this season I'm trudging along. I thought it was something else in the beginning, a gay/bi relationship, some club or fraternity. I don't know what to make of it now.

• Love 2

Did Columbo ever get this crazy? Did the detectives on "True Detective" or Kojak or Jessica Fletcher? 

Maybe those examples didn't, but enough others have that it's pretty much a trope at this point. Plus, those shows are vastly different in style from this one.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I think they look nothing alike but, oh my goodness, he had Nick's voice and inflection down to a scienc

He was amazing. I had to wonder whether he was cast because his voice was a dead match or whether the actor is that good. 

• Love 5
On 3/13/2020 at 12:40 AM, DakotaLavender said:

Well, maybe it is about Harry. After all, he allowed himself to be buried alive by a psychotic killer who handed him a confession! 

Honestly! Are you mad, Harry? Grab the confession and run (hobble?)!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I really had to stare at the TV for a minute to see if it was possibly somehow the actual Nick actor after hearing him speak. I feel like they could have found a better match in appearance for Jamie though--maybe even style the Jamie actor to do it.

• Love 2

I thought the younger Nick and Jamie were both pretty well cast and acted.

The story itself is going off the rails, though.  Two episodes to go, I might as well see how it ends, but what was mysterious and intriguing only a few weeks ago is just plain crazy now.  Maybe that's the idea.  It's so nuts, they figure you'll keep watching to see what happens next.

• Love 5

Yeah, I'll finish this too, but I really have started to laugh with you guys as well. I think the guy who played young Nick had his voice dubbed by Chris M.  They do it all the time in movies. Trust me on this, or I'll put you in he hole. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I think the guy who played young Nick had his voice dubbed by Chris M. 

I kind of wonder why they would do this for young Nick but not young Jamie?

I do think both actors captured the mannerisms of their older versions surprisingly well. 

• Love 2
On 3/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, atlantaloves said:

Yeah, I'll finish this too, but I really have started to laugh with you guys as well. I think the guy who played young Nick had his voice dubbed by Chris M.  They do it all the time in movies. Trust me on this, or I'll put you in he hole. 

I wondered the same at first but it didn’t sound like Chris Messina’s voice to me, more like someone imitating him which I think the actor did well (don’t put me in the hole!).

• Love 1

You know, I never in a million years expected to find myself fantasizing about Bill "Lonestar" Pullman kissing Matt Bomer but Ambrose and Burns just need to just stop fighting it and get it on at this point. We won't talk about the symbolism of Ambrose eagerly climbing into Burns...um...hole. 

Edited by Anakerie
  • LOL 5

"How do I know you won't just leave me to die in the hole?"

"You can trust me. Here, I'll give you this signed confession. That way, it I let you die, the cops will find it on your corpse and I'll be implicated in all the murders."

"That's not reassuring at all. I'll be dead, and you could've taken the time between if and when the police find my body to disappear to another country or something.

"Well..."

"And there's nothing stopping you from a digging me up after I'm dead and removing the note, maybe also disposing of me where I'll never be found."

"I guess..."

"And for what, to spend some time in what's basically a dirty isolation pod? You know they got specials for that kind of thing on Groupon now. Here, I'll get us some reservations..."

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
On March 18, 2020 at 8:06 AM, kj4ever said:

I'm trying so hard to give this show a break because of my love for The Bomer but...

OH COME ON.

Is everyone on this show just a big ol' bag of crazy?

Also, if Jamie is teaching at a school whose motto is "Superare moribus," something tells me this isn't the first "unfortunate incident" that the school's trustees have had to explain to angry parents. (Has that sign been shown before and I've just missed it?)

I don't think the actor playing the young Jamie looks anything like Bomer at all. His colouring and voice are all wrong. Piss-poor job by the casting director, if you ask me.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:33 AM, Sandman said:

Is everyone on this show just a big ol' bag of crazy?

Also, if Jamie is teaching at a school whose motto is "Superare moribus," something tells me this isn't the first "unfortunate incident" that the school's trustees have had to explain to angry parents. (Has that sign been shown before and I've just missed it?)

I don't think the actor playing the young Jamie looks anything like Bomer at all. His colouring and voice are all wrong. Piss-poor job by the casting director, if you ask me.

Spoiler: "Superare moribus" means "overcome morals."

• Wink 1