Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Hmm... In the past, when I was younger and my brain wasn't as tired, I enjoyed various 'What in the hell is going on here' movies ("The Game," "Vanilla Sky," "Memento") and series ("Lost").  This is clearly one of those types of series.  I found it mildly fascinating and predictably weird.  I'll probably watch the second episode just because it airs the night after the first episode, and right after "Better Call Saul."  But I honestly don't know for sure if I will follow this to the end of the season.  I'm at the point now where too many 'what is going on here' stories annoy me rather than intrigue me.  lol

• Love 2

After reading some decidedly mixed reviews, I was not only pleasantly surprised, but kinda loved everything about this, including the meta snark. I'll watch the next ep, since sometimes shows have a hard time living up to their pilot.

• Love 8

I had never heard of this until I saw it on Primetimer’s home page yesterday. I’m glad I gave it a try. It’s a little arty and weird as hell, but I appreciate a show that’s trying to do something different. 

Peter is hilariously boring. I think I’m going to like these characters, and I’m interested to see how this turns out.

• Love 5

That was a real trip, and I am really interested to seeing where this goes. The meta opening was hilarious and kind of gave me Legion vibes, but without the superpowers, and I miss Legions weird vibes, so I am in so far. Its possible that it will end up getting bogged down in its own weird, but it seems like, even if the ending isn't what I wanted, it seems like it will be an interesting ride.

It does amuse me that Jason Segals character is named Peter, the same name as his character from Forgetting Sarah Marshal. I kept expecting him to sit down by a piano and starting singing the "Peter You Suck" song. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I enjoyed it and am very much hoping it turns out like Twin Peaks (awesome!) and not a waste of time like LOST (still pissed!)  

Although it was depressing to watch the first few minutes and realize that I'm 100% Peter.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

It does amuse me that Jason Segals character is named Peter, the same name as his character from Forgetting Sarah Marshal

When I first found out his character would be named Peter, that's just what I thought. Lol. Would be funny if during the last episode it turns out it IS Peter Bretter -- or some otherworldly version of him!

I thought the first episode was intriguing enough to watch another episode. Methinks the "Wizard of Oz" type leader character, Octavio, is an unreliable narrator. Wink.

I had visions of A Clockwork Orange with that opening shot with the orange (duh) background.

Edited by mansfolly
  • Love 1

This was fun and I'm in. I have nothing substantive to say, but I do hope Sally Fields' character is good and nice and sane. She's a little twitchy, but ok. I'm a Janice and TV Janices are usually  terrible (Sopranos, Friends, Progressive commercials). Come on, I need a good Janice (as opposed to Good Place Janet.)   

• LOL 2
(edited)

I'm finding it SO boring!  Not sure I'll get through episode 1.

I DID like "Maniac", but not always.  It was like greatness in between stretches of meh-ness.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
9 hours ago, Blindfox said:

Peter is hilariously boring. 

One of my favorite scenes was when they were in the diner and Peter asked if it was real, Fredwynn laughed, and Simone cooed about how he had just asked a beautiful question.  Only a girl with a crush would think a guy with such a seemingly bland personality is asking beautiful questions.  

The script was oddly amusing.  Janice won my heart when she met the other two and exclaimed how she thought she might be alone.  Fredwynn intrigued me with his analytical approach to the mystery.  Simone's playful nature was probably more of a distraction from whatever haunts her.  And, Divine Nonchalance is hilarious, especially if you believe it's a quality that eludes your mundane existence.  I guess I liked the show.  

• Love 3
(edited)

So far I'm in. Always been a fan of Jason Segel. He's been great in everything I've seen him in. I liked how the character of Simone is doubtful of herself but exudes such confidence that Peter finds himself feeling some type of way about that and about her. This is different than anything on right now so I'll tune in for the next eps and see what's what. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 4
On 3/2/2020 at 11:34 PM, LittleIggy said:

I like Simone. The girl playing her is trans. Wonder if that will be part of Simone’s backstory? 

I was disappointed no one mentioned that since I immediately thought this is a guy's voice.

• Love 2

I think especially with the pride parade going past and Simone freezing & running off, it was a sign to the audience she still struggles with her confidence or identity. She mentioned not wanting to screw up with Peter so maybe she's been jilted in college.  I don't know why but Simone is relatable for me in many ways. Just personality wise, she's complex & I feel sorry for her. 

• Love 2

The narrator admitted he lied only once in introducing Peter. What was the lie?

Richard E. Grant plays Octavio as well as the Narrator (obviously). Is he also Commander 14? Sorry if it’s obvious, the voice sounds the same, and it makes sense if the entire thing is rigged and the Jejuene Institute and the Elsewhere Society are just two sides of the same coin, and the players are just being... played.

• Love 2