Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Excellent find Will!  You are so right and I am so wrong!  I like this, good to know and smart of him. 

I left work early and sadly have nothing better to do for a couple hours. I decided to see if knowing what has happened so far would change the way I viewed the earlier episodes. A few things make more sense now and it's really interesting to see their previous opinions of each other when they met and how things have changed. Frankie for example thought that Caleb would never work with him and was worried when he won HOH.

• Love 1

I left work early and sadly have nothing better to do for a couple hours. I decided to see if knowing what has happened so far would change the way I viewed the earlier episodes. A few things make more sense now and it's really interesting to see their previous opinions of each other when they met and how things have changed. Frankie for example thought that Caleb would never work with him and was worried when he won HOH.

I didn't save the episodes.  Can you share more, please?  :-)

I don't care about strategy. I don't care about looks. I don't care about personalities. I just want Nicole out so I don't have to listen to her DRs! Her DR voice is beyond awful. I don't quite understand because while it's not exactly pleasant in normal conversations, it's tolerable. But get her into the acoustics of the DR - the paint on my walls peels, the grass in my yard wilts and dogs for miles around howl! She could be St. Teresa, with a passel of "special" children under her wing, building 17 schools in Upper East Swangalli, AFP of the Decade, with a solid lock on winning and I'd still want her gone just so I don't have to listen to that whiny screech that passes for her voice. Aaarrrrgh! [/end rant]

That is one hilarious post, and true, so true!

Edited by kathybgd

Devin put a little bit more thought into the bomb squad than I initially thought, he chose based on brains, social game as well as physical threats. He didn't think Donny's personality would fit in but respected his performance which is why he approached him for the "Double D" alliance and Donny accepted right away. Derrick mentioned it was too early to form an alliance but when he saw the first 3 members of the bomb squad were serious about talking strategy he jumped right in and started helping make decisions.

• Love 2

I saw that too, but it doesn't mean this is a  scam.  She and Donald (brother) are speaking for Donny, something I think is misguided.  He can address this when he is out.  Warning someone it could be a scam is different that telling everyone what Donny would want.  The people behind the fund raising could be sincere.  It is a buyer beware situation, not "Donny would not want this,"  They don't know what Donny would want when he is out. 

Well, Donny's in the house, so he couldn't set it up and he doesn't seem the type that would be fine with having fans throw money at him just because he was on a reality show. It's also on Jokers, if you check out the discussion board. There's a sticky right up at the top about the Dollars for Donny thing and a message saying that they verified Donny's brother's account on Jokers and he has also said it was a scam. It sounds like the usual Internet scam, tbh. There's a lot of people who will take advantage of something like this, in hopes of taking someone's money. It's sad but unsurprising. 

The message, c&p'd from Jokers:

I am Donny's brother and the Dollars for Donny was not approved by anyone from his/my family. Please DO NOT send any of your hard earned money to someone who will abuse it. Donny will appreciate the support from all of his fans. He would not want your money! Please DO NOT DONATE!

Also, Donny does not have a Facebook account. Someone has made an account and writing as if it was him. Please do not be fooled by websites popping up on the Internet.

Thank you,

Tommy Thompson

Donny's Big Brother

Tommy Thompson has been verified. Joker's Admin

Edited (08/26/14 10:50 AM)

ETA: So yeah, I have trouble believing that Donny could be all right with something like this judging from how he acted during his time on the show and feeds, and will cheerfully call it a scam. However, if this was Dollars for Amanda or Gina Marie? I might not think it's a scam but a sad attempt for attention and money.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

I'm just relieved that Donny's brother isn't really named Donald.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!  I am having my house painted and living in confusion.  That is my story.  ;-)   

• Love 1

Just a reminder, folks, that the Live Feed Discussion thread is not intended for you to discuss the episode as it is airing. We want to keep this from turning into an episode Live Chat. Thanks.

Question of clarification: if we want to post based on the live show airing, but the post includes "crossover" commentary (mentioning or discussing a live feed event/topic which never made it to air) - this is still the proper forum for posting, correct?

I'm just relieved that Donny's brother isn't really named Donald.

No joke, when I was a kid I knew two brothers named Robert and Bobby.

Do we know for sure that tonight is a scheduled DE?  With all the talk in the house about it, I've just been taking it for granted, but it looks as though they just had some sort of comp.  If they had a DE tonight, I assume they would've done the extra comp on a slower week as filler.

They announced during the last live show that tonight would be a DE and I think the announcer mentioned it at the end of last night's show.

Ok, thanks!  I guess that goes to show how little interest I have in the broadcast shows as they air, lol.

No joke, when I was a kid I knew two brothers named Robert and Bobby.

Do we know for sure that tonight is a scheduled DE?  With all the talk in the house about it, I've just been taking it for granted, but it looks as though they just had some sort of comp.  If they had a DE tonight, I assume they would've done the extra comp on a slower week as filler.

I assume that today they were rehearsing for tonight's show.  It probably took longer than usual because of the DE. 

• Love 1

Vic "first you shave your beard, now you're putting on makeup...." Fr says he'll look 1 and a half years old. Derr tells Frankie
09/04/14 02:22 PM
his dad is 55 & looks 30.

Frankie puts concealer on Derrick's face, under his eyes...

==================

This is cute!  Derrick is going to look very good tonight! 

• Love 1

Caleb got a little more entertaining after his haircut, IMO, hopefully shaving the beard has the same effect on Derrick.

Cal to Nic about Amber (?): You never know she might just come up to me and kiss me on the lips. Or I might do it right to her if she doesn't do it to me first.

Caleb hopes he gets out of there, checks FB & has a fitness modeling contract waiting for him ..."that's my kinda life" NT

Wow.

Edited by willpwr
  • Love 3

Caleb got a little more entertaining after his haircut, IMO, hopefully shaving the beard has the same effect on Derrick.

Cal to Nic about Amber (?): You never know she might just come up to me and kiss me on the lips. Or I might do it right to her if she doesn't do it to me first.

Caleb hopes he gets out of there, checks FB & has a fitness modeling contract waiting for him ..."that's my kinda life" NT

Wow.

Was just about to post the Amber comment. This guy is seriously delusional and scary. 

• Love 2

I don't think Derrick's reticence has much to do with getting blood on his hands, and everything to do with working the Jury - something none of the other remaining HGs seem to think of, except when they take note they've offended virtually everyone there.

Assuming Nicole is the first to go in tonight's DE, I'd surmise Derrick has a pretty good lock on 4 of the 5 jurors. Still - after Nicole, he needs at the VERY least one more sure vote. After that, the last thing remaining on his agenda is F2.

Last question being: who does he want to be standing beside?

ETA: typo fixes

What interested me last night in particular was the conversation Derrick had with Cody and Caleb during which he made it clear that if anyone took Victoria to the final 2, he would vote for Victoria and that they should do the same, presumably as there would be no honor in winning against her.  So who is left?  Does he think he can beat anyone he winds up next to (stated without opinion, just interest)?  

I was watching BBAD. last night and dag gum I was looking at the mellow , cool, relaxed man and thinking to myself how hot he is. He has certainly. grown on me . I can see how Victoria is enamored by him and how everyone gravitates. to him.

Welcome to the dark side y'all!!!

I still think being a cop and working undercover as a huge advantage. Working undercover is dealing with a lot of personalities and dealing with things on the fly. It is also a career that teaches you how to lie & do it convincingly. I've known my share of current and former cops and the skills and just the jobs stays with you.

• Love 3
I don't care about strategy.  I don't care about looks.  I don't care about personalities.  I just want Nicole out so I don't have to listen to her DRs!  Her DR voice is beyond awful.

OY, Skycatcher!  I agree 100%.  She's a pretty girl and I hope that when she watches the episodes she does something (herself) about her voice or (my strong recommendation) sees a vocal coach.  I was not a pretty girl--maybe cute enough, but my speaking voice has had nice compliments all of my adult life...and that's more than 50 years.  A good speaking voice can do wonders, Nicole.

• Love 1

What interested me last night in particular was the conversation Derrick had with Cody and Caleb during which he made it clear that if anyone took Victoria to the final 2, he would vote for Victoria and that they should do the same, presumably as there would be no honor in winning against her.  So who is left?  Does he think he can beat anyone he winds up next to (stated without opinion, just interest)?  

Perhaps Derrick was simply trying to lay the groundwork for Cody or Caleb to keep him over Victoria in a worst case scenario by appealing to their frat bro-logic. I don't think for a second Derrick will keep either Cody or Caleb over Victoria if he gets his choice to evict them at F4 and/or F3. It's just Derrick covering his ass and cementing Caleb and Cody's loyalty to him, though it's also possibly over playing. I really think Cody and Caleb will be incredibly bitter jury members, but they won't be able to bring themselves to vote for a woman in any F2 scenario, even if Derrick screws them both over royally.

Edited by ShutUpFlanders

Welcome to the dark side y'all!!!

I still think being a cop and working undercover as a huge advantage. Working undercover is dealing with a lot of personalities and dealing with things on the fly. It is also a career that teaches you how to lie & do it convincingly. I've known my share of current and former cops and the skills and just the jobs stays with you.

Willpwr posted earlier in this thread that in an early episode in his DR Derrick said he will use his experience in undercover.  You cannot stand out you have to fit in. .  He has done exactly that. 

I have a feeling that production may be telling Nicole to talk so loud.  It doesn't bother me personally all that much, but I can see how it could be wearing.

I recall her saying a while ago that she has trouble hearing and that's why she talks so loud. She is unable to gauge just how loud she is.

• Love 3

Willpwr posted earlier in this thread that in an early episode in his DR Derrick said he will use his experience in undercover. You cannot stand out you have to fit in. . He has done exactly that.

Agree with this 100%. He had fit in amazingly well.

Perhaps Derrick was simply trying to lay the groundwork for Cody or Caleb to keep him over Victoria in a worst case scenario by appealing to their frat bro-logic. I don't think for a second Derrick will keep either Cody or Caleb over Victoria if he gets his choice to evict them at F4 and/or F3. It's just Derrick covering his ass and cementing Caleb and Cody's loyalty to him, though it's also possibly over playing. I really think Cody and Caleb will be incredibly bitter jury members, but they won't be able to bring themselves to vote for a woman in any F2 scenario, even if Derrick screws them both over royally.

I agree, it seems like something that would've been better off understood but left unsaid.

They all speak VERY loudly in the DR.  Production obviously tells them to do this.  They all have the same DR styles as far as tone and volume.  

I have always wondered why they did this. Dan was the worst for this his DR's were always so shouty!

• Love 2

It doesn't bother me, because I should think rule #1 in undercover work is not to get cute and overwork the situation.  If you're working with a bunch of fruit loop dinguses, don't pull out the heavy psyops stuff when simple ball scratching and whining will do.  

Next year let's have a house full of undercover cops and see what happens.  Day 1, they realize they're all undercover cops.  From that point on... it's all about who's best.

That's a good point. Derrick is probably playing a much better game than I'm giving him credit for. I still think he's pretty damn lucky though! As for your second point, that would be fun. I'd love either a season full of people who kill it game wise or one full of people who have no idea what the game is about.

I fully expect he's been throwing the physical comps, too. Health club muscles aside (sorry Caleb and Cody), Derrick is the only person in this House who has to regularly pass a fitness test to keep his job. Don't know what the Central Falls PD fitness requiments are, specifically, but many (most?) police department require such tests on an annual or biannual basis.

Every cop I know is not really in good shape like at all.

Have Derrick and Frankie discussed on the feeds the fact that there is no Team America challenge this week?  I'm wondering if they now realize that letting Donny go broke up their chances hereon out in getting another $5k.

Derrick speculated that TA was over, but Frankie didn't think so.

I really don't think he is. I mean, maybe this is his personality, but it seems to me he is playing to be "one of the boys" and has crafted himself a character and is being that character.  I think he physically looks SO different from his memory board photo - that it really seems to say he isn't being himself.

This is such a good point. It's shocking that not a single person has picked up on what Derrick changing look might mean. The other HGs are just so dumb.

I also noticed that Amber did the best out of the girls in the first HOH competition and Christine did the best in the second HOH. That might be why Devin chose them.

Devin put a little bit more thought into the bomb squad than I initially thought, he chose based on brains, social game as well as physical threats. He didn't think Donny's personality would fit in but respected his performance which is why he approached him for the "Double D" alliance and Donny accepted right away.

Good points. I really wish Devin had stayed. He might have actually been a legitimate threat in a game sense to Derrick, plus he was slightly nuts, so he would've been fun. Fucking Derrick! Ruining any chance of excitement since week 3!

Alert! Alert!  Derrick is shaving!  That crap on his face is now gone!

Well damn. I'm actually excited to see him tonight now. 

And reject the Mensa membership?  Caleb, no!

But you're both forgetting about that shift he has at Lowe's.  

Vic "first you shave your beard, now you're putting on makeup...." Fr says he'll look 1 and a half years old. Derr tells Frankie

09/04/14 02:22 PM

his dad is 55 & looks 30.

Frankie puts concealer on Derrick's face, under his eyes...

==================

This is cute!  Derrick is going to look very good tonight! 

Is someone putting brow powder or using a brow pencil on him?  At this point even drawn on Chola brows might improve his brow situation.

• Love 6

I have my fingers and toes crossed that Frankie gets evicted tonight. Please, please double eviction -get him OUT!

Sigh, a girl can hope. But it will probably just end up with Frankie knocking people out of his way to get the best camera angles..

• Love 6

I have my fingers and toes crossed that Frankie gets evicted tonight. Please, please double eviction -get him OUT!

Sigh, a girl can hope. But it will probably just end up with Frankie knocking people out of his way to get the best camera angles..

I have a Rat Terrier, is that one in your avatar?   And yes, Frankie out is a distant hope but I share it with you. 

• Love 2

I doubt when they cast this season that they ever imagined their last showmances would involve married people.

Victoria is so very in love and dependent upon Derrick. When she insisted they take a pic of only the two of them, she was posing like she expected this to be her engagement announcement photo. In Christine's case, well, we all know which way the wind's blowing with that poor, delusional, unfortunate looking mean girl.

I would give all the money in my pocket plus a million dollars to be at the finale after party. Or at least see a live feed of it. Imagine Victoria's parents trying to hustle her away from Derrick and his wife, as they will understand quickly that once the missus and daughter are in view he will most likely shed her along with his undercover house persona. And she will not understand, not for a while I imagine. All this talk of Christine visiting Cody and Derrick & the family visiting Victoria. Not gonna happen.

And Christine, well...bless her heart. Seriously, she's gonna need it.

• Love 2

That is the diamond Veto!!!!  Right?!

ETA.  It has to be!  It always comes in a fancy case.  Well finally we get something.  I hope it works to the viewers advantage. 

Edited by wings707