Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Apparently Cody had not been stepping up and Christine had started to notice

Yeah, I remember reading either on this forum or another that Christine was concerned that Cody hadn't touched her in days. One of those comments you don't expect to hear from someone about a friend.

• Love 2

That's exactly why I view Cody's actions as purely strategic and Christine's as emotional and sexual. Does anyone think that Cody's dad PM'ed Tim and said, "don't worry, my son is secretly gay"? As far as Derrick is concerned, I think having Cody play the cuddle game with Christine benefits him, he sees the rest of the HG's reactions to what's going on and how wrong they think it is plus at the same time it gives him control of two votes. I think Derrick had said something at the beginning before he got to really know anyone and their game play about being respectful to Christine's husband, I seem to recall reading comments about how it was sexist because he only seemed concerned about being respectful to a man and not a woman.

• Love 2

This was posted on twitter by Brittany:

BB fans fun fact. In the house Christine broke down crying about how she was bullied growing up. Seems she's the true bully.

No surprise there. Most bullying adults were bullied children.

Here's a thought....how about calling Victoria by her name?  Sorry for the stick up my ass, but it has been totally annnoying trying to read what's going on.

I agree. I mean if we can't call Cody Clueless then let's not call Victoria Vagina either. It makes no sense really.

Does anyone think that Cody's dad PM'ed Tim and said, "don't worry, my son is secretly gay"?

LOL but yes. That's what everyone assumed when his Dad tweeted that. Although then why would Tim be tweeting stuff about how he's gonna tell Cody he can't be friends with Christine and what not? Also, I think the fact that Tim thinks Cody actually likes Christine is more embarrassing than Christine thinking that to be honest.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

The new Hitmen hit list order: Nicole, Donny, Frankie, Christine/Victoria, so the F4 is them, Caleb, Zach. Derrick has got to be BSing Cody about not bringing Victoria to F4 though. Also, I still can't quite figure out why Derrick always saves Zach. Maybe to use for TA tasks? He doesn't seem to even care about TA anymore though lol.

These feeds are so boring. They need to take a page out of BB Canada's book and punish them for sleeping all day. 

I agree. I mean if we can't call Cody Clueless then let's not call Victoria Vagina either. It makes no sense really.

Begging your pardon, but each of my personal favorites are totally sensible. To wit, in no particular order:

1. Vestal - what better name for a virgin?

2. Vespa - as in Princess Vespa (ref. Spaceballs: The Movie). She's referred to herself as a princess multiple times. Even the schtick about the hair works.

3. Vidalia - she's constantly peeling off layers of something in the BR - and ya gotta admit, there's no one better for firing up a good cry at the drop of a hat.

:D

• Love 4

The new Hitmen hit list order: Nicole, Donny, Frankie, Christine/Victoria, so the F4 is them, Caleb, Zach. Derrick has got to be BSing Cody about not bringing Victoria to F4 though. Also, I still can't quite figure out why Derrick always saves Zach. Maybe to use for TA tasks? He doesn't seem to even care about TA anymore though lol.

Jury votes? Maybe he is worried Zach will be bitter. If lets Zach stay till the final 3 he won't be able to influence the jury at all.

• Love 1

At least Christine isn't doing in the house what she was doing in her intro video-being a nudist!

Last night Christine revealed she didn't own a credit card and Derrick then jokingly asked what her Social Security number was. I bet as a cop he could find out stuff like that by using that smooth charm of his on perps/witnesses.

It was a remark from Derrick to Cody to get Christine to return to his back pocket, probably because both Christine and Nicole had won HoH and they needed to cover all of the bases.

Yeah, I believe the words he used were "reel that ass back in". He's all class that one. I think he's dropped all semblance of the "respect" angle especially when he was creepily telling Vanuatu there are "other ways" to please a man besides sex.  

• Love 4

Completely Clueless Cody might though, what with how he says goodbye to his father.

Jury votes? Maybe he is worried Zach will be bitter. If lets Zach stay till the final 3 he won't be able to influence the jury at all.

Good thought. I could see Zach being bitter more so than anyone else. I doubt he really would be though. These people act like Derdick is some kind of God. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

How is Christine a bully exactly? I don't like her, but the "bully" label seems inaccurate. "Dimwitted ass" might be a better moniker.

Or idiot. Desperate. Mean.

Reading posts of the past seasons, it saddens me to see such weak woman the last few years. There has been such strong woman players. Now, not so much. No game. Their decisions are based more on perception than facts.

Instead of using her brain and strategy, Christine just made up lies and rumors. Lies are part of the game but a player needs more than that in their pocket. She thinks she has been playing everybody but she's the one that has been played. And played hard.

Glad she never did the nude thing as promised in her intro at the beginning of the season. Sure production put a stop to it as a kindness to the feed watchers. Plus they didn't want to lose customers.

• Love 3

I don't think Derrick will let Zach get to F3, because if Zach should happen to win the last HOH, he would probably take Cody to F2.

ETA:  I was basing the above on the described pecking order:

The new Hitmen hit list order: Nicole, Donny, Frankie, Christine/Victoria, so the F4 is them, Caleb, Zach.

And from the episode tonight, it sounds like Derrick still does intend to honour his arrangement with Cody.  That raises him in my estimation a tiny little bit.

Edited by Newbietunes

I think Derrick may be trying to keep up the illusion that he plans to take the bro alliance all the way, to keep Cody feeling secure.  I don't think Derrick plans to let either Zach or Cody into F3, and that Verdigris and Caleb are his picks for the final goats.

• Love 1

As much as I dislike Derrick the Game Player, I think he'd be a fool to not want a F4 of him/Zach/Caleb/& Vicodin.   There are no three players who would swing against him faster than those 3.  The Jury, or some in there, would poison them against him and then Zach would raise hell and get the rest of the house against him as well.

Anything other than that F4, and Derrick stands a shot of not winning the $500K, despite how easy he's making it look.

[Having Donny in there, against him, will hurt... but as it did in the BB house, the Jury house will ostracize Donny too, because of his age and other perceived problems.]

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Historically? Or in reference to the show? I was just trying to come up with another name for Victoria.

I don't think Donny will be ostracized in the jury house. Jocasta is there, and Hayden is also. Nicole will be there. They all like him and will hang out with him.

• Love 4

I keep thinking Tim and Cody's Dad probably just commiserated about how jealous the cuddling makes both of them, with Cody's Pops saying, "Tim, I know exactly how you feel right now."

I think Cody is probably a little clueless about his own sexuality, so his dad wouldn't know a thing.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 2
I agree. I mean if we can't call Cody Clueless then let's not call Victoria Vagina either. It makes no sense .

Ditto. Something does not sit right with the intense Victoria bashing. It's okay to call Cody and Caleb by their names, who clearly both seem dumber than bricks, but Victoria is an easy target and reflects poorly on snarky posters to pick on her. (sorry, I'm a sucker for an underdog.)

Edited by Stinger97
Fixed quote
  • Love 3

For the record, the reason I made the decision that nicknames for Victoria were okay was because it had already become a thing and because she's been so irrelevant for so long on the show. And the reason why I said it wasn't okay for Cody was because doing that for two of the HGs seemed like it could get a little confusing. It wasn't because I thought it was cool to bash Victoria and not cool to bash Cody. In fact, I certainly prefer her over him. 

But if we're going to push the issue, let's just stop nicknames in general. 

• Love 5

Ditto. Something does not sit right with the intense Victoria bashing. It's okay to call Cody and Caleb by their names, who clearly both seem dumber than bricks, but Victoria is an easy target and reflects poorly on snarky posters to pick on her. (sorry, I'm a sucker for an underdog.)

Wait, I wasn't aware it was bashing. I thought it was just a spin off of Hayden's comment about her being non existent on the show and not knowing her name.

Edited by RowingPains
Double post.
  • Love 7

With all the talk of America's Favorite going on right now between the house guests. Does anyone think there will be no America's Favorite? I heard there was not one on Survivor this year.

I can't see why there wouldn't be. This reminds me of Frankie telling the hgs that he should be in final two so someone else could have a shot at AFHG. 

• Love 1

I don't even want to watch the show, but I guess I will tune in in 15 minutes to see how Christine handles nominating Nicole. I do like Nicole. Sorry she couldn't figure things out, but trusting Hayden and Christine made it really confusing for her.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 1

So Zach is waking up at 6:45pm?  What a dingus.  He should know better the day before the live show. 

Random aside: Ariana Grande has 3 of the top 4 singles on iTunes right now, as well as song #12, and her album isn't even out yet.  Must be the Frankie bump. /sarcasm

Every time I see Frankie, I see a My Little Pony. Like in the BoB, he was a My Little Pony dressed up in a little football shirt. I can't get anything else out of my mind when he is on screen.  His face is sort of equine, and then all the glitter and pink poof.

• Love 4

Every time I see Frankie, I see a My Little Pony. Like in the BoB, he was a My Little Pony dressed up in a little football shirt. I can't get anything else out of my mind when he is on screen. His face is sort of equine, and then all the glitter and pink poof.

Pink poof with black roots.

Christine is ugh.

Edited by Stinamaia

Cody's very Italian, I believe his Dad is Italian born. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood and I can tell you that fathers & sons really are affectionate like Cody & his Dad. It's a cultural thing, not perverse at all. 

Now, the Cody/Christine fiasco is a whole 'nother thing!!!

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 1

Just wondering why Grodner doesn't have a special pink bedroom (that is his favorite color) made for Frankie since he seems to have taken over the HOH room permanently. Every time I see him, he's either sleeping or laying (or should I say "lying") in the HOH bed. 

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 4

And from the episode tonight, it sounds like Derrick still does intend to honour his arrangement with Cody.  That raises him in my estimation a tiny little bit.

It won't happen. Derrick is savvy enough that he would even lie in his diaries. Despite the fact that Cody's stock has plummeted on line in the last few days (he barely tops Frankie and Christine - and on Reddit it's a virtual tie between the three), in the house everybody loves him. Cody only shows his dark, gossipy, mean girl side to Derrick. With the rest it's all cuddles. Besides, Derrick just might be a mastermind but he is NOT a comp beast. If he is still there in the final three, it will not be against anyone who has more than half a leg up for the traditional part one endurance comp for the final three. 

Edited by SteveAC10
  • Love 2

I haven't watched the feeds today - are they in lockdown yet? I keep expecting an endurance, but I'm wondering if they're waiting for when one or more jury members come back in to do it, similar to last year. Surely there wouldn't be yet another Q&A comp, right?

Besides, Derrick just might be a mastermind but he is NOT a comp beast. If he is still there in the final three, it will not be against anyone who has more than half a leg up for the traditional part one endurance comp for the final three.

Derrick doesn't need to win the final HOH, though.  He just needs to get to F3 with two people who will take him the next step if he doesn't win.  If it's him and any two of Cody, Caleb, Vic, that will do it.

• Love 1

Does that mean we can't say Derdick anymore? Cause I liked that one.

I don't use it here anymore, but when I think about Derrick or talk about him with people irl I always call him Derdick because it's just so beautiful. 

Derrick said he'd honor his Cody deal if Cody was still around. Translation: "I'm gonna try to get someone else to take Cody out way before F2 so I don't have to actually go to F2 with him but I can still look like I'm loyal."

• Love 6

Derrick said he'd honor his Cody deal if Cody was still around. Translation: "I'm gonna try to get someone else to take Cody out way before F2 so I don't have to actually go to F2 with him but I can still look like I'm loyal."

This.

[Having Donny in there, against him, will hurt... but as it did in the BB house, the Jury house will ostracize Donny too, because of his age and other perceived problems.]

I haven't heard him say it, but I think Donny would vote for Derdick facing almost any other hamster in F2. Donny has long recognized who has been controlling the game almost from the very beginning.

Edited by ZSweetJane
  • Love 2

That's probably true.  If "something unfortunate" were to happen to Cody at F4, I don't think Derrick would be too broken up about it.  But I think he will want to keep Cody around longer than Zach.

It's kind of weird (and really infuriating when I think about it) that we have all started talking about "if Derrick wants this, then....".  Like there's not 8 other people there who can influence what will happen from this point.  And it seems like they can't.  (That's the infuriating part.)

• Love 3

That's probably true.  If "something unfortunate" were to happen to Cody at F4, I don't think Derrick would be too broken up about it.  But I think he will want to keep Cody around longer than Zach.

It's kind of weird (and really infuriating when I think about it) that we have all started talking about "if Derrick wants this, then....".  Like there's not 8 other people there who can influence what will happen from this point.  And it seems like they can't.  (That's the infuriating part.)

Nobody likes it, but its easier to take if you accept it for what it is, instead of to keep wishing and hoping for something(s) that isn't going to happen.

ETA:  Derrick is so in control of this game, that the only reason Frankie is still in the house after tomorrow night is because Production made it happen that F is staying.

ETAA:  And its not that the other HGs can't influence how the game goes, its that they won't.  They won't open their eyes and see Derrick for what he really is, in the house.  (aside from Donny, that is)

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

What's funny is that I think it would actually be a good idea for Derrick to go to the end with Cody. I think bitter juries will pop up when you screw over the people you're closest with. Cody and Derrick have screwed over the same people and if somebody asks about loyalty it would work for Derrick to point out to Cody and say, "I've been loyal to him since the very beginning." Derrick's clearly the brains of the operation and I don't think the Donny, Frankie, Jocasta, or Nicole are really going to respect Cody's game. I think losing Brittany and Amber before jury was a major loss for Cody, those two would have been sure jury votes for him. Cody's social game has really tanked since then, it's all basically bitterness and flirting. 

ETA:  Derrick is so in control of this game, that the only reason Frankie is still in the house after tomorrow night is because Production made it happen that F is staying.

I don't know about that. I think if Derrick wanted Frankie gone before, he could have made it happen. I think Derrick feels comfortable with Frankie in the game because he knows he has him utterly outmaneuvered (Frankie doesn't even have Christine anymore)  and he's a perfect distraction. Everybody always focuses in on Frankie, ignoring the fact that he really hasn't  been relevant to the game for a few weeks now. 

• Love 1

I like Nicole, but please stop worrying about what America thinks! She is currently complaining about being booed because she went against Ariana Grande's brother. Seriously last week she was worried about being banned at charity events like Amanda. Nicole you have not said anything racist or controversial you are playing a game. /end rant

• Love 2

Between Nicole's whining and Caleb's monologues about himself I'm reading to switch to an ep of American Greed. I wish the house guests would at least try to find new ways to be annoying.