Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Military

Athena
  • Start Topic

I thought Minju's looked military inspired with the gold buttons down each side. Other than that, IA, nothing really looked military to me. 

I'm overall happy with the final 4 although I liked Marco and wished he made it. But I also like Daniel and Ashton so it would have been Angel or Minju out for my dream top 4. But I like them too so.... maybe they should have done a top 5? Haha

• Love 2
On 1/31/2020 at 12:04 PM, GoldaVining said:

Why do TPTB have to send TWO people home now that they are doing individual challenges?

That's because they didn't eliminate anyone a couple episodes back. So they had two extra. The eliminated two last episode and two this episode.

• Love 1

Nothing really looked military inspired to me. I was also kind of surprised that everyone used modern military for their inspiration, I was really expecting something Samurai inspired from someone.

I think some of my question about the fabric was finally answered. When Minju couldn't get the fabric she wanted because Daniel already had it, then it was obvious that they don't get more fabric if it's needed. Whatever is there is what you get.

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The only one of these looks that read Military to me was Minju's. That coat was fab both with and without the belt detail. Love.

Angel's look I would describe as "glamorous homeless person" since it looked like a gold foil sleeping bag. Seriously, the back looks like it was made for the hunchback of Notre Dame! And in what universe does a bra top evoke "military"?!? Just no........

• Love 4

My main question from this episode is why was Daniel wearing what looked like a girdle?

About the designs, I think the right two went home. Also, I kind of disagreed about Daniel's outfit. I don't know, I thought the blue did look like it clashed against the trench. But hey, what do I know. 

Angel's tent inspired gold jacket had dramatic sleeves but I didn't like the tube top underneath which I found to be too simple.

Ashton's (of course all black) outfit had too much of a bondage vibe with all the rings, straps, and cut outs. I didn't see military at all.

Minju's brownish reddish coat turned out so much better than I thought it would when I initially saw her creating those poufy sleeves.

Daniel's denim trench coat looked very clean but it just didn't do it for me. It was very blah to me. I hated the scuba hood on his model. He took a huge risk changing from blue to black the day of the runway. But I'm glad that he acknowledged the judges' critique about that.

Marco's jacket was definitely too superhero costume.

Charles' jumpsuit was great on its own. The jacket had potential. I just didn't like them together.

I'm really disappointed that Charles was eliminated. He made some really great pieces and I was really looking forward to see what else he could make without having to constantly manage Angelo.

I was surprised that Marco was eliminated because I thought he was generally better at design than Ashton.

• Love 2

Oh my gosh I can’t believe they gave the win to Angel and her gold lamé sleeping bag coat. I was pleasantly surprised that Minju managed to design and construct a coat that actually looked well made and not some frightful poofy thing  yes the sleeves had fullness but they were well designed and controlled and the swing of the coat was nice  

The skanky superhero outfit was definitely a Go Home moment, and I’m sad we lost....oh gosh what’s his name..the body builder guy. 

I hope Daniel wins. He’s got the most consistent skills. I will try to forget the weird 70’s leisure suit with rib stabilizing wrap he wore tonight. 

I never get the judging on these shows. Some were noted for not having the military influence. I fail to see any military influence in Angel’s sleeping bag. I thought that Minju should have won this one.  

I’m so sad that Charles is gone.  I was rooting for him to win. I thought Ashton should have gone instead of him.  

I fell asleep during this one and didn't even go back to watch the runway. Unfortunately, I spoiled myself by clicking on a spoiler-tagged post in a different thread, so knowing the ultimate outcome hasn't improved my enthusiasm level for the show.

The premise and the premises are great, I like the hosts, the talent and skill levels of the designers are high (except Angelo, sorry honey), but as the show has progressed, it just feels like a big set-up. 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:25 PM, Ilovepie said:

The only one of these looks that read Military to me was Minju's. That coat was fab both with and without the belt detail. Love.

Angel's look I would describe as "glamorous homeless person" since it looked like a gold foil sleeping bag. Seriously, the back looks like it was made for the hunchback of Notre Dame! And in what universe does a bra top evoke "military"?!? Just no........

I agree Minju's look was the only one that really read military for me and that was due to the gold buttons. If she had used different buttons it wouldn't have felt military. Also Charles white outfit also felt military once that weird blue coat thing was removed. 

Angel's jacket was a big tent and I feel like she was given the win due to the judges being impressed with her quilting the gold fabric and giving the coat volume. Her outfit under the coat was simple, cheap looking, and felt thrown together. 

On 4/26/2020 at 12:25 PM, Tiggertoo said:

I’m so sad that Charles is gone.  I was rooting for him to win. 

I was also rooting for him. I thought he should have won the active wear! It feels like for whatever reason the judges just don't like him.

On 4/26/2020 at 12:25 PM, Tiggertoo said:

I never get the judging on these shows. Some were noted for not having the military influence. I fail to see any military influence in Angel’s sleeping bag. I thought that Minju should have won this one.  

I also don't get the judging. A contestant gets dinged for missing the mark on the challenge, in another episode a contestant misses the mark on the challenge, but the judges say oh that's just their take on what the future in that category will look like. One time someone gets dinged for their look being to commercial and another time the contestant gets praised with oh they know exactly what customers are looking for.  It feel like the judges knew from the start who they wanted to win and just come up with whatever reason to keep that person in the competition.  

On 5/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, Ashforth said:

I fell asleep during this one and didn't even go back to watch the runway. Unfortunately, I spoiled myself by clicking on a spoiler-tagged post in a different thread, so knowing the ultimate outcome hasn't improved my enthusiasm level for the show.

I've felt like Minju or Angel are going to be the winner for awhile now; there have been a couple of times IMO that they deserved to be eliminated. They've gotten praised for looks that are not original, missed the mark, not finished etc. 

On 5/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, Ashforth said:

The premise and the premises are great, I like the hosts, the talent and skill levels of the designers are high (except Angelo, sorry honey), but as the show has progressed, it just feels like a big set-up. 

I agree with all of this. I like the hosts, the talent , and skill levels are high. But it feel like a big set up and I will be very surprised if Minju or Angel don't win. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Pretty obvious none of the contestents had been exposed to or ever given thought to the military.   I do think this kind of challenge can be a bit of a trap.  Its either too costumey, too uniform or not enough.  Still none of these look remotely inspired by military,  It was a big let down creatively in general