Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Nancy Pelosi, Andrew Yang, Joe Walsh, Kara Swisher, and Jon Meacham

• Start Topic

Season 18 premieres January 17, 2020

Guests: Nancy Pelosi, Andrew Yang, Joe Walsh, Kara Swisher, and Jon Meacham

I don't watch the show anymore...I got tired of his repetitive rants on millennials, children, the Me Too movement and his pot smoking. Glad to hear he started the new year off without the usual old man shouting at the sky stuff.

• Love 2

Good show. Bill was in a good mood and everyone seemed to having a good time and lots of laughs. I feel the same way as Bill about the "royals" so I enjoyed the new rules. 

Pelosi is a great speaker. ...of the house and in general. 

• Love 9

I was really pleasantly surprised by this week's show. No guests shouting or monopolizing the conversation. Bill's usual Grumpy Old Man tendencies were subdued. Nancy Pelosi and Andrew Yang were great. Of course, there were no Republicans (except Joe Walsh, who has morphed into a never-Trumper)  to be praised about how "brave" they were. Erick Erickson is a guest next week so that may change. I'm cynical that this was anything but a one-off, but it was definitely nice for change. 

• Love 6

I liked how when something Pelosi said would draw laughter or applause, she hardly ever broke a smile, as if to say, 'I know I just said something amusing, but don't forget, I think this is serious shit and I take it really seriously.' Good interview. The Dems are lucky to have her, as are we. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

"Harry and Meghan will no longer use 'His and Her Royal Highness,' Buckingham Palace says"

Bill should give them a shout out next week for taking his advice!

I wouldn't count on Harry being able to make the transition so easily...he's coming from a life of wealth and privilege that he's had since birth. As the Duke of Windsor found out when he abdicated the throne for the "woman he loves" it was a new life of begging for money from the Queen to sustain a lifestyle he could not do on his own and a longing to be back in Britain. Harry is severing his ties with his family and the brother he was bonded with all of his life. That is sad and certainly not something Diana would have wanted for her sons. If they move to Canada, he might want to take up hockey or curling hey! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I wouldn't count on Harry being able to make the transition so easily...he's coming from a life of wealth and privilege that he's had since birth. As the Duke of Windsor found out when he abdicated the throne for the "woman he loves" it was a new life of begging for money from the Queen to sustain a lifestyle he could not do on his own and a longing to be back in Britain. Harry is severing his ties with his family and the brother he was bonded with all of his life. That is sad and certainly not something Diana would have wanted for her sons. If they move to Canada, he might want to take up hockey or curling hey! 

Harry will be fine and I am sure Diana would be proud of her son breaking away and making his own way in the world.  She also would be appalled at the racism leveled at her daughter-in-law.  Her grandson  Archie was called a chimpanzee when he was a few days old by that odious press. Diana has always challenged tradition when she was alive. She was excoriated by the press for showing affection to her sons after being away from them for a bit.  She held an African baby afflicted with AIDS at the height of  the hysteria and ignorance surrounding the disease. So, Harry is channeling her by doing things his way. He is protecting his wife and son as any man would do for his family.

The Duke of Windsor was a Nazi sympathizer and he was cut off because of his hateful affinity to an ideology that almost destroyed the UK and the world.   Harry will be fine since his mother left him 40 million pounds.  His dad, the future King is a billionaire and he will surely inherit from his grandmother who is wealthy in her own right.  Megan Archie and Harry will live better than most people. I wish them all the best in the world..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

"Harry and Meghan will no longer use 'His and Her Royal Highness,' Buckingham Palace says"

Bill should give them a shout out next week for taking his advice!

Yes, because who better to take advice from than a miserable narcissistic misanthrope like Bill.

Nancy Pelosi was the only good thing about the year's first show. She has shown intelligence and toughness when dealing with the current problems in D.C. The rest of the show, I couldn't give a shit about. Especially Bill, who was in peak smug, know it all, douchebag mode. Why he thinks anyone should heed his bullshit, out of touch advice is a mystery.

Joe Walsh looks like a 2.0 version of Frankenstein's monster.

• Love 3

I wish Bill would quit going on about impending civil war if a Democrat is elected president. IMO, his words only reinforce people's fears and hostilities. (Hmm, am I doing the same thing by posting this? 🤔)

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, arachne said:

I wish Bill would quit going on about impending civil war if a Democrat is elected president.

It seems like he brings this up on every show, along with "Trump won't leave", and it's pointless. Bill's not looking for solutions, he just wants to be seen as prescient. You're not Sybil the Soothsayer from "Network" Bill!

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Harry will be fine and I am sure Diana would be proud of her son breaking away and making his own way in the world.  She also would be appalled at the racism leveled at her daughter-in-law.  Her grandson  Archie was called a chimpanzee when he was a few days old by that odious press. Diana has always challenged tradition when she was alive. She was excoriated by the press for showing affection to her sons after being away from them for a bit.  She held an African baby afflicted with AIDS at the height of  the hysteria and ignorance surrounding the disease. So, Harry is channeling her by doing things his way. He is protecting his wife and son as any man would do for his family.

The Duke of Windsor was a Nazi sympathizer and he was cut off because of his hateful affinity to an ideology that almost destroyed the UK and the world.   Harry will be fine since his mother left him 40 million pounds.  His dad, the future King is a billionaire and he will surely inherit from his grandmother who is wealthy in her own right.  Megan Archie and Harry will live better than most people. I wish them all the best in the world..

The British tabloids attack all the wives of the Princes...Fergie was called fat and other derogatory names, Diana was scrutinized for her clothing choices and weight loss and accused of adultery and having a child (Harry) that was a product of an affair! Even Camilla has been accused of being an alcoholic and plotting against all the other wives...the British tabloids are ruthless and destructive. Meghan isn't the first wife of a Royal to be put through the grinder by them.  She knew what was in store for her  when she choose to marry into this family and what the British press was capable of and so did Harry. I really don't care one way or another about these two but I understand the British taxpayers anger over all their money being spent on renovating Frogmore and Meghan's wardrobe (estimated at nearly $400,000 by some reports) and then they want to up and leave? What they do and where they go doesn't affect my life and I'm not a British taxpayer, thankfully. Harry may be channeling his mother, as you said, but Diana cut a much better and smarter deal when she divorced Charles...she kept her title, got a very generous financial settlement, a spacious home, kept her title and charities. In return, she kept her mouth shut, never bad mouthed the Queen or any other Royals and lived a life of a wealthy single woman...I would have to say Harry made a bad deal in comparison. Hope it all works out for them.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, arachne said:

I wish Bill would quit going on about impending civil war if a Democrat is elected president. IMO, his words only reinforce people's fears and hostilities. (Hmm, am I doing the same thing by posting this? 🤔)

I also wish he’d stop telling Democrats they should reach out to Republicans when he never tells Republicans they need to reach out to Democrats.  I wish Nancy had told him it’s impossible to reach out to people who are just fine with kids in cages and corrupt POTUSes.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, kicksave said:

Meghan isn't the first wife of a Royal to be put through the grinder by them.  She knew what was in store for her  when she choose to marry into this family and what the British press was capable of and so did Harry.

I wonder how prepared one can be to have one's baby called a chimpanzee by the press.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, arachne said:

I agree with you.  I immediately thought that the last thing we need is to spend a whole year normalizing the ideas of taking up arms against each other and Trmp bunkered down in the WH.  FFS, Bill.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

I wonder how prepared one can be to have one's baby called a chimpanzee by the press.

Michelle Obama was called the same thing and even worse...as I recall her face was put next to an ape in a meme. U fortunately, there are deplorables on both sides of the pond.

• Love 2
On 1/19/2020 at 8:24 AM, Victor the Crab said:

Yes, because who better to take advice from than a miserable narcissistic misanthrope like Bill.

Nancy Pelosi was the only good thing about the year's first show. She has shown intelligence and toughness when dealing with the current problems in D.C. The rest of the show, I couldn't give a shit about. Especially Bill, who was in peak smug, know it all, douchebag mode. Why he thinks anyone should heed his bullshit, out of touch advice is a mystery.

Joe Walsh looks like a 2.0 version of Frankenstein's monster.

For all of Bill's flaws (and he has MANY these days; I absolutely DO NOT want to downplay ANY of them), I'm sure that poster meant that all in good fun. It WAS a pretty funny coincidence, given the timing. 🙂

I can't really add anything else about Speaker Pelosi's appearance, except maybe this: the way she said that in Congress "You have to know how to take a punch AND how to throw a punch" before smiling and sweetly saying, "For the children", just killed me. Perfect.

Y'all are going to disown me for this, but here it goes...as of last week's episode, I'd hate fuck Joe Walsh. I can't help it; he looked hot. That white hair...

...I will not be accepting questions at this time. 😄 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, UYI said:

For all of Bill's flaws (and he has MANY these days; I absolutely DO NOT want to downplay ANY of them), I'm sure that poster meant that all in good fun. It WAS a pretty funny coincidence, given the timing. 🙂

Bill's narcissistic enough to claim credit for it. Even if it was all in "good fun".

On 1/19/2020 at 7:08 PM, candall said:

I agree with you.  I immediately thought that the last thing we need is to spend a whole year normalizing the ideas of taking up arms against each other and Trmp bunkered down in the WH.  FFS, Bill.

It's unlikely the military would side with the Trump Who Wouldn't Leave, so it's a remote scenario, but I think Bill is driven to dwell on it because he genuinely fears it and can't stop thinking about it. He really wants to know, from people who might have a thought or two on it, what we do if that happens. Deep down I think he seeks assurance that his worst nightmares are only nightmares.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 2