Type keyword(s) to search

Season 41 & 42: Spoilers and Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

So I've been wondering why Redmond hadn't had any news about Survivor 41 (which is usually in its casting phases by now), and wondered if that was a bad sign for the franchise.  However, it looks like S41 and 42 are likely a go.  There's not really spoilers, yet, except that we may be getting another Second Chance season.  It might explain why some Survivors are suddenly talking about wanting to go back out there, and some are coming out of the woodwork again.  Donathan had an IG story where he mentioned putting weight on for something, and Caleb made his monthly Twitter pitch asking who wanted to see him back to finish what he started (judging by the responses, not many people).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I think the odds of either S41 or 42 being some sort of returning player season is strong.  Caleb posted this on is IG recently.  Whether it means he's really been asked back, and is therefore an idiot for spoiling it and may get canned, or he's pretending he's in the running so fans will make CBS people are hyped to see him again, I don't know

https://www.instagram.com/p/B64QcJepjvK/

In addition, Reed (from S29), has come out of the woodwork and is telling fans to contact CBS if they want him to get a second chance (he also posted a link to his audition tape for Survivor).  Some are saying this may not be like the first second chance season, and that people who played more than once may get called back, but that it still won't be winners.  There are other Survivors suddenly alluding to going back on the show, or asking fans to tell CBS how much they want to see them again.

All I can say is, Reem better be in the mix somewhere.  And maybe Noura.  I could only imagine those two on a tribe together.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

There are other Survivors suddenly alluding to going back on the show, or asking fans to tell CBS how much they want to see them again.

Aside from the aforementioned Reed and Caleb, the only other one making any allusions that I can find at the moment is Cydney from Kaoh Rong.

Donathan made that reference on his IG story about gaining weight for something coming up in the new year (and I do think Donathan is a likely candidate for a returning player season, fan voted or not).  I've just read on other sites over the past couple of months past contestants here and there suddenly showing interest in Survivor again, or talking about coming back again after not talking about it for awhile.  

And Cydney turned down Game Changers, and seemed like she was moving on from Survivor.  So maybe that's another sign that something is at least being talked about.  It could be they are thinking about a returning player season, but change their mind after.  Probst has said he'd love to do another Second Chance season, but CBS has been the hold up there.

I also heard that there is a chance that S42 might be a Legends season.  Though I highly doubt that because of the all-Winners season being season 40.  I would imagine that they would want Rob, Sandra, etc. for a Legends season as well and I highly doubt either of them would be willing to do three seasons in the span of two years.  Though I guess if the price is right who knows.

So it sounds like S41 is definitely going to be new players.  And also sounding like S42 might be as well, but the S41 cast is finalized.  I read on other sites that Redmond has said it's a lot of super fans, no word on a theme yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

So I was reading the speculation thread over at Sucks, and Survivors Unite (whose a known spoiler source), has said that he and Redmond believed as of last summer that S42 may be a returning player season.  Then Redmond said he heard both S41 and 42 were going to be newbies. 

He also said that S40 wasn't originally a winners season (which corroborates something Russel said in that video in the media thread), but was going to be a returning player season of some sort.  He seems to speculate that one of the upcoming seasons could be a returning player season, and even listed names that were in contention.  Since S41 and 42 were delayed in filming, I won't be surprised if they change the format and do a returning player season of some sort.  It may easier than re-casting a season of newbies. 

Some of the names he mentioned were a lot of old schoolers (John Carroll, Tina, Neleh, Jenna Lewis, Tom Buchanon, Teresa).

Edited by LadyChatts
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Some of the names he mentioned were a lot of old schoolers (John Carroll, Tina, Neleh, Jenna Lewis, Tom Buchanon, Teresa).

How about no on Tina. Like we barely need to see people twice let alone 4 fucking times! Can we put a cap on like 3 max times for people to play again, please!

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

How about no on Tina. Like we barely need to see people twice let alone 4 fucking times! Can we put a cap on like 3 max times for people to play again, please!

If that means I never have to see Rupert and his tie dye again I'm all for it.

Also, Robb (with 2 b's, from Thailand) was also on the list for people to return for either S40 original theme, or for S42 that was/is a returning player season.  He's an interesting choice, if true.  Some posters on Sucks are saying Jenna Lewis confirmed she was set to do S40, and then they changed the theme at the last minute.  Which again, kind of interesting?  I'm surprised Jenna would want to come back and have her leaked sex tape rear its ugly head.  

ETA: if one of the upcoming seasons does turn out to be a returning player season, I do hope it's people who've played no more than once or twice.  People like Boston Rob, Sandra, Cirie, Rupert, Ozzy, and the like are not going to win (or win again) unless the odds were stacked tremendously in their favor (which, with this show...).  And the odds of them getting far seem slim, too.  I'd rather see people who haven't played in years and haven't been able to develop a reputation over their many seasons.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

I am really hoping for a season of players that were voted out first (or second if they couldn't get enough voted out first people). It'd be familiarish, yet we have no idea how they'd play.

I am also hoping for an Old School Survivor, where they give them the very basics and there's no idols, no extinction, no tokens, nothing. Just Survivor. But they don't tell the players that! So they run around thinking there's idols and there's not lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Just an idle thought as I sit here looking at contracts in the day job...

I keep seeing people (not necessarily here) saying 41/42 can't happen until Fiji reopens because of whatever agreement production has with the government there. Even if it's some iron clad contract, it's completely possible the parties could agree Probst gets to film somewhere else now and extends their Fiji agreement by a couple seasons in trade, or films somewhere now and promises two new pilots with potential series will be shot there or films somewhere else now and lives a bucket of fire tokens by the back door of parliament, etc.

Gist is, whatever agreements there are, they are always negotiable if the parties want.

Edited by AncientNewbie
8 hours ago, AncientNewbie said:

Just an idle thought as I sit here looking at contracts in the day job...

I keep seeing people (not necessarily here) saying 41/42 can't happen until Fiji reopens because of whatever agreement production has with the government there. Even if it's some iron clad contract, it's completely possible the parties could agree Probst gets to film somewhere else now and extends their Fiji agreement by a couple seasons in trade, or films somewhere now and promises two new pilots with potential series will be shot there or films somewhere else now and lives a bucket of fire tokens by the back door of parliament, etc.

Gist is, whatever agreements there are, they are always negotiable if the parties want.

I have to think there'd be some sort of clause in there that says if Fiji is unavailable for filming for whatever reason, they can film elsewhere (if they actually have a contract with the Fiji government to film exclusively there).  And I'm thinking the same thing, if they can't film in Fiji and want to whip out a season for the fall, they may have to get creative.

• Love 1

I think a Big Brother-stye Survivor would be fun.  It would be more real-time like Big Brother is. Episode footage would be shot the week before the episode aired. (There would still be only one episode a week.) And there could be live feeds!! - turned off during competitions and tribal, of course. The edit would be different because the editors would not know who the winner is until the final tribal council.  Then the winner could be revealed back in the US in LA (small audience of just family members, family clusters at least 6 feet from other family clusters) a few days after final tribal and it could be live. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I think a Big Brother-stye Survivor would be fun.  It would be more real-time like Big Brother is. Episode footage would be shot the week before the episode aired. (There would still be only one episode a week.) And there could be live feeds!! - turned off during competitions and tribal, of course. The edit would be different because the editors would not know who the winner is until the final tribal council.  Then the winner could be revealed back in the US in LA (small audience of just family members, family clusters at least 6 feet from other family clusters) a few days after final tribal and it could be live. 

This morning I realized a flaw in my suggestion. In order to do a season the way I described above, they would have to be filming for 14-15 weeks which I don't think they would do.  But they could still be doing some filming while the show is actually airing. The first three episodes could air during filming.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, LadyChatts said:

I have to think there'd be some sort of clause in there that says if Fiji is unavailable for filming for whatever reason, they can film elsewhere (if they actually have a contract with the Fiji government to film exclusively there).  And I'm thinking the same thing, if they can't film in Fiji and want to whip out a season for the fall, they may have to get creative.

I agree.  A pandemic probably falls in the same pile as Fiji getting nailed by a hurricane or other natural disasters.

Unless you believe the virus was constructed entirely in China.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:36 PM, LadyChatts said:

I don’t think the issue is one of a contractive restrictions between TPTB and Fiji; I suspect it’s more than likely closer to the following:

1. Fiji already has a years-long proven track record of bending over backwards to accommodate Survivor, which has been the best worldwide tourism ad campaign in the history of the nation.
  2. If Fiji - with all of its motivations - can’t identify a way to accommodate Production, then it’s highly unlikely any other locations would be able to do much better.
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, Nashville said:

I don’t think the issue is one of a contractive restrictions between TPTB and Fiji; I suspect it’s more than likely closer to the following:

1. Fiji already has a years-long proven track record of bending over backwards to accommodate Survivor, which has been the best worldwide tourism ad campaign in the history of the nation.
  2. If Fiji - with all of its motivations - can’t identify a way to accommodate Production, then it’s highly unlikely any other locations would be able to do much better.

That's a good point.  But just to play Panicked Government Official's Advocate...

Fiji has to date had a total of 18 confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 0 deaths. And then they look at America where the numbers keep going up and up and it looks like that trend will continue.  I can imagine Fiji going "nah... we're good... maybe next spring..."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Fiji has to date had a total of 18 confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 0 deaths. And then they look at America where the numbers keep going up and up and it looks like that trend will continue.  I can imagine Fiji going "nah... we're good... maybe next spring..."

They definitely should say this!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, phlebas said:

That's a good point.  But just to play Panicked Government Official's Advocate...

You mean, a NATION put the health of its CITIZENS over corporate PROFIT???
Getdafuck outta here.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Unfortunately, both the 41st and 42nd seasons have called off by production and indefinitely postponed until at least early 2021. So no Survivor for 2020-21 TV season schedule.

Credit from Martin Holmes/Redmond

Edited by ApprenticeFan

Off topic:

At least there is a Big Brother to premiere this August alongside Love Island on a yet-to-be determined date. When Survivor will be on hiatus for the 2020-21 season, a big reality showdown on Wednesday nights in the months of September-November with Big Brother and The Amazing Race.

Survivor is off from production for the rest of the year, as we won't see Survivor 41 in September 22, 2021. Filming for seasons 41 and 42 will now be scheduled from April to July 2021.

Credit from Martin Holmes aka Redmond/Twitter

Edited by ApprenticeFan
(edited)

Well, there's no one I already pre-hate just from their photo, so I guess that's a good sign.  Redmond also said on his site that S41 (and beyond) may no longer have titles, and will simply just go by their season's number.  Which I would consider a very welcome change.

And I just noticed there's two Canadians!  Glad that wasn't a one and done gimmick.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

One thing, too, about the cast is that Redmond has revealed 9 castaways, and there's still 9 more slots left on that page.  So if he's correct that's 18 contestants; I wonder if we'll be getting 3 tribes of 6, or 2 tribes of 9?  In addition, since the season was filmed shorter than normal (allegedly) then I wonder if we'll be getting more double boot episodes.

(edited)

Genie looks fun (or maybe really annoying lol).  Getting an early boot vibe from Heather, so we'll see.  I wonder if any of these guys were on the original S41/42 cast before the pandemic hit.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

The Green Tribe looks like they will be a lot of fun, but we'll see... It has a lot of my early favorites lumped together.  (Watch me be completely wrong when the show starts and they're all miserable people who can't win a challenge to save their lives, lol)

On 6/15/2021 at 5:29 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Jonathan Young was on Endurance in 2007 and got third place lol.

Oh, yeah, I remember him from Endurance. I wonder how he'll do here.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

https://insidesurvivor.com/cast/rumored-season-42-cast

The entire S42 cast has now been spoiled.  I think I like the looks of this group better than S41.  They look more fun.

Tori Meehan was on Sequester season 3.  She is very smart and charming.  I could see her as either the first boot or the winner.

I guess the thought process of Sequester being the minor leagues for Big Brother and Survivor are correct.

• Love 3

So, three Canadians this time? They're gradually ratcheting up the poutine quotient on us.

Guess my default rooting pick is Swati, since she's my people. Although I guess she could be a faculty kid...

Bumping up because of a new spoiler source, TPTB themselves.

The website for the "Game within the game" ended the game this week with a spoiler for the next episode in the form of a "strategy test."  After solving the two puzzles, there's a video from Peachy with the question to think about and have an answer for next time.

The gist of it is that one alliance, no tribe name or color mentioned, is going to tell one of its' members that that person is going to have their name floated as the decoy vote.  The question is phrased like "if that's you, do yo go along with it, and if so, how do you best take advantage of it?"

On 9/23/2021 at 2:43 AM, SVNBob said:

Bumping up because of a new spoiler source, TPTB themselves.

The website for the "Game within the game" ended the game this week with a spoiler for the next episode in the form of a "strategy test."  After solving the two puzzles, there's a video from Peachy with the question to think about and have an answer for next time.

The gist of it is that one alliance, no tribe name or color mentioned, is going to tell one of its' members that that person is going to have their name floated as the decoy vote.  The question is phrased like "if that's you, do yo go along with it, and if so, how do you best take advantage of it?"

Jeff released three of these videos on twitter before the first episode that wound up being relevant so def something to keep an eye on.

Also this spoiler might have legs:

I would ignore anything "joltinjoey" says in the comments as they only showed up AFTER this first user got one thing correct. So I think they are piggybacking with fake info.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 1

I had to go look up who Shantel was-she's the humming pastor.  I knew there was going to be something about her!  Assuming this is correct, of course.

Forgive me if I missed someone, as I can't remember everyone just by their name, but the remaining black players are J.D., Deshawn, Shantel, Liana, and Danny, right?  So if there is a black alliance, it would consist of some mix of that group.   

Reading this I wonder if Xander was considered for Big Brother.  Maybe it's the showmance part that threw me off.  We don't get a lot of those on Survivor anymore.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Per the GwG, it appears that someone is going to get the opportunity to sneak out of camp for an advantage.  This jibes with the shot in the previews of a shack in the dark, lit by torches.  The question is about whether to take the chance, and if so, do you do it alone, or do you tell an ally so they can either distract the rest of the tribe or otherwise cover for your absence?

• Love 2

From the GwG:

The question is about whether you throw an IC, and if so, is it for personality reasons or strategic/alliance reasons.  So one tribe is going to ponder that choice, for certain.