Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Fear and Loathing in Beverly Hills

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

I never particularly liked Delilah but I was still kinda bummed out to see her dead at the end.  

That all being said watching Joe on a bad acid trip was interesting.

Love and Forty's parents continue to be first class assholes.  I doubt mommy actually cares about Love at all.  Her wording and all the things she says makes it seem like she only sees Love as an extention of herself.   ANd I am not particularly surprised that Forty was the one who killed the au pair.  It makes sense and explains the lifetime addictions he has had since then.  

• Love 5

Dammit, Delilah deserved better. RIP.

Under different circumstances, Joe, Forty, and Ellie all working together would have been fun. Joe reliving Beck's murder on acid was scary, but the other acid stuff was funny.

What Forty did to that married couple was so messed up. The Quinn parents are world class assholes though.

• Love 13

Not sure how I feel about this season. I'll love it if Love killed Delia and we find out she off'd Candace too. Weird we haven't seen Candace again. And I want Love to turn out to be crazier than Joe, because she's off to me.

Sad to see Delia go, because of Ellie, though.

• Love 8

This episode dragged for me. This show in general is really addicting. One of those shows where it's 2 am and you're like, just one more episode! But with this one, I kept checking the time to see how much longer it was. 

Anyone else think Love killed the au pair, not Forty?  

Poor Delilah. I didn't love her character or anything but, what will happen to Ellie now?

• Love 11

Furthering my "Love is actually the female version of Joe" theory? She called him You at least three times in this episode, which is what Joe always calls the objects of his obsessions. They seemed so noticeable to me, but its usually only Joe who really does it. 

No wonder Forty is such a mess, and what makes it sad is that, when he has this moments of self awareness, he actually has some capacity to be intelligent and even an ok person, when he isnt swallowed up in drugs and alcohol and manipulation and dickheadness. I mean, he figured it out! Yeah he doesent have the last piece to the puzzle, but he figured out that Beck wasnt killed by her therapist! It was right there! 

On 12/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, Samwise979 said:

Anyone else think Love killed the au pair, not Forty?  

I suspect that as well, especially considering he conveniently "blacked out" and just found the body with no memory of it happening. Is that what actually happened to Delilah as well? Joe thinks he killed her, but was blacked out when it happened, but it was actually Love, who was "protecting" Joe, the way she "protected" Forty when she killed the women who abused him as a kid. 

Joe and Forty reenacting Joe killing Beck was a really intense scene.

• Love 8

I really disliked Forty this episode. Joe's killing and creepiness aside, who kidnaps someone, has some Russian dude threaten to shoot him if he tries to leave and then drugs them without their knowledge? Just because he wants help writing a script?

"I know who fucking Toni Morrison is!" did crack me up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

I'm watching this episode now and I am so annoyed that I decided to pop in here to see what other people were saying. This is getting into the realm of total ridiculousness for me. It's completely over the top.  Is this how the book is? It makes me lose interest and I just want it to end now, which sucks because I loved season 1. I guess I'll keep watching if Delilah dies, out of curiousity over how it happens....

Update: OMG I take it back lol!!

Edited by lightbeam
EDIT: Watched the rest if the episode
  • Love 5

I generally HATE drug-trip sequences and find them mind-numbingly boring (although this episode at least had the ticking clock to add a sense of urgency). Having said that, the huge anime eyes* on Love, in addition to being hilarious, were a genius effect in that they were very well done and a perfect reflection of how Joe sees her.

*Mom's demon eyes were appropriate, too, but predictable. Also? I think this is the first time I've seen Saffron Burroughs since Circle of Friends. Which doesn't seem possible when I'm such a British film- and TV-aholic.

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Love 3

Speaking from countless experiences on varying amounts of acid (including 4 hits), I have never once blacked out or heard of anyone else blacking out while doing it... you can usually remember everything, vividly, even if you drink an entire bottle of liquor while tripping. So that annoyed me unless they come up with another explanation for the missing time. I always feel like drug trip sequences are rarely well researched (they did throw in a few accurate visual depictions though, like the huge eyes and waving carpet). 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 1/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, spaceghostess said:

Also? I think this is the first time I've seen Saffron Burroughs since Circle of Friends. Which doesn't seem possible when I'm such a British film- and TV-aholic.

Thank youuu! I was wracking my brain trying to figure out who that was. I assumed 80/90s model from her height and body, but could not place the face.

• Love 2

I will eat my hat if it doesn't turn out that Love murdered both Sofia and Delilah. I will find out soon, this show is oddly addicting.

Forty is both unbearable and adorable, kudos to the actor for managing to pull it off. Mostly unbearable, though, no wonder he doesn't have any friends apart from your friendly neighborhood serial killer. Understandable, with parents like that and the au pair statutorily raping him but still not someone you would want to be around.

And Joe is such a psycho - they were reenacting the murder of Beck and all he could think was Love (and solving that small Delilah problem).

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 4