Type keyword(s) to search

Tidal Pool: Below Deck in the Media

• Start Topic

Based on the reunion, wasn't it  two restaurants?  One already open and another in the works? Good for him. Seize the moment and his talent combined with the show promotion give him a big head start in a tough business.

I feel bad for Glenn in terms of network promotion. Capt Lee is the Stud of the Sea! Capt Sandy is That Amazing Woman! The ads for the new Down Under guy are all about his hotness.  Glenn? He likes to go to bed and watch nature documentaries. 

Some of us LIKE that in a guy! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 7/5/2022 at 7:31 AM, kassa said:

Glenn? He likes to go to bed and watch nature documentaries

THAT is exactly why I find him sexy! And he probably doesn't give a seamans f about getting laid. That makes him even sexier! Yes I have a weird mind. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

Saw a promo for the new season during BD season 10 finale.

The crew were doing some dance number, all smiles.

Glen, Gary, Colin and Daisy were all there so I guess they don't feel they have to rotate the crew.  Or maybe they can't get many takers for a sail boat?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler

The reason why Daisy and Gary are in Spain together on the reunion is that they are filming next season.  Glenn was on the Parsifal, also filming.  Colin is on his boat.  Several weeks/months ago, a photo was leaked showing Daisy, Gary and Glenn as the only returning cast.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5

Rolling Stone expose of Gary's assault on production staff

Suarez says when King asked her not to leave she joked with him that she would sit outside of his door to make sure he wouldn’t leave his hotel room. According to Suarez, King then suggested she get in bed with him and repeatedly asked her not to leave his room even though she says he was aware that she was in a relationship with someone else. After a few minutes, she insisted she had to leave and help other cast members, telling King she would return later to drop off snacks and water. She says when she went back to King’s room with a case of water bottles and a bag of snacks, she knocked on the door and King answered the door in his underwear. She says she asked King to take the case of water out of her hands and he continued to ask her not to leave his hotel room.

“I was like, ‘I have to go — I need to go bring other people water and food,’ and he’s like, ‘No, no, please,’” Suarez says. “So I stepped into the room to set the case of waters down and again, he’s repeating, ‘Don’t leave,’ and I was like, ‘I have to go, I’m not staying.’”

When she turned toward the door, Suarez says King came up behind her, grabbed her, pressed her against his body, and refused to let go of her even though she says she tried to kick and elbow him to get him off her. She says she managed to get out of his grasp and went to open the door to leave. Then she says King slammed the door shut from behind her.

“At that point, I didn’t know what was going to happen. I was freaking out,” Suarez says. “It just happened so fast.”

In that same moment, Suarez says she received a phone call from the talent manager and answered it. She says that’s when King let go of the door and she stepped into the hallway to take the call.

It's bad. Also allegations about Ross' behavior. 

On a  far more superficial note, apparently they are put up in a hotel during days when there's no production, which seems like a perfect time to catch up on the rest they always insist they've never had throughout the "season."

Edited by kassa
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, MartyQui said:

Whoa...that's really bad.  Multiple witness reports confirming his behavior, and that the woman told them at the time it happened.  I wonder if he'll actually show at BravoCon.

Ughh. Worse than attending BravoCon, aren't they already filming S5 with him?

27 minutes ago, rur said:

I'd be willing to bet production was keeping him off the show until they decided what to do

seems like a bad decision. I also wonder what the timeline is with respect to Gary's appearance on Project Runway (where he displayed his usual male in rutting season behavior toward one of the contestants; though not really unwanted in that case)

Interesting that a makeup person and production gofer (probably freelancer) made the complaint, not one of the "stars."

Also interesting that Glenn is ride-or-die for this creep.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Also interesting that Glenn is ride-or-die for this creep.

I thought about that same thing, does Glenn not see Gary's disgusting behavior, does he hand wave it off when he sees or hears about it...I want Glenn to be that stand up guy we all have seen in the past, he has to cut Gary loose.

I'm not condoning Gary's behavior at all.

And this is my opinion ONLY:

But I'd be willing to bet that he has a skill set -- being able to be a jack of all trades on a sailboat* -- that makes him harder to replace than someone on a motor yacht. I'm also willing to bet that there were hopes on the production end that the woman's allegations wouldn't become public, since apparently he'd been warned about his behavior a number of times before and nothing was really done. They couldn't replace him on such short notice, so Glenn, and others on the BDSY crew were told to act as though everything was normal. And maybe that explains his more obnoxious behavior last season -- he knew he was done for. 

*We saw Gary  in a previous season fix a problem in the engine room when Colin was ashore. I can believe Glenn like him because he's good at his job and understands the boat.

It's really too bad; he started off as a generally likable guy.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, the sail boat experience may be hard to replace.

It's also probably not completely up to Glenn.

But Bravo probably loves Gary's antics anyways.  Now the heat from these revelations may change their calculus but he has given them a lot of footage to use and they've aired a lot of his behavior.

19 hours ago, rur said:

Makes me think the COVID problem at the beginning of the season was fabricated; I'd be willing to bet production was keeping him off the show until they decided what to do.

I bet you’re right, great theory.

22 hours ago, snarts said:

Ughh. Worse than attending BravoCon, aren't they already filming S5 with him?

Yes, I read he’s back for season 5.  

This is really disgusting.  What a stark contrast from how Captain Jason and the Down Under crew treated the same issue. 

• Like 1

Gary is such a creep. I only watched the latest season but not really getting the Glen love. He seems much more dismissive of his female employees and just seems to love Gary. He tore DaIsy a new one early in the season…screaming and swearing while all Gary and the others got was a “ no worries just do better next time.”   Not a boat I would want to work on!

• Like 1

Did Bravo or Gary or anyone ever address the allegations against him? I just saw a teaser announcing Season 5 this fall. This is my favorite franchise, but if they just sweep this under the rug like Top Chef did, I won't be watching.

17 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

The new season begins October 7, 2024. 

And yes, Gary's back. 

They can't quit him.

No reason to have him back unless he continues his frat boy horn dog behavior though.

Unless bosun on a sailing yacht is too specific to find competent replacements.  He's certainly experienced with those and that specific yacht.

But why would Bravo want him to tone down the behavior?  That has the best chance to draw ratings and/or generate viral video.

Will they cast more OF women like Ashley and some of the stews on other BD shows like Ellie on the current BDM season?

• Like 1

That $%R^#$~! is the main reason I stopped watching BDSY. The allegations did not surprise me a bit. He behaves like a predator in front of the cameras so I expected at least the same from him in real life. Bravo is a disgusting network for  keep having this kind of abusers in their show for multiple seasons. Despicable person. 

• Like 2