Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Our Father, Who Aren't in Heaven

Myrelle
  • Start Topic

I felt like nothing really happened in this ep. 

It was a never ending parade of guest stars that ultimately just ended up with another Deus Ex Machina spell. 

But Dean going back to purgatory is at least something to look forward too.  I hope for a Dean and Benny reunion.

• Love 8

The writers for this show will always take the easiest route. The utter crap stupid move to have Sam run off with Eileen for her half-assed vampire case and they get picked up by Chuck. No brainer - who didn't know that that was a trap?

I think this episode hit a new record for the number of characters (besides S/D/C) who'd died back in the day that appeared in the hour: Eileen. Rowena, Adam, Lilith, and Donatello.

Edited by patty1h
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Stopped watching after 15 minutes, when Rowena came back. Before that it was boring as hell with parody-level acting and increasingly cringy music. Even worse than I expected for BuckLeming.

I'll watch the rest when I'm clipping my nails/shaving or some shit. It's not worth wasting my free time on this crap.

Edited by BoxManLocke
  • Love 2

Jake did a decent job, but most of the time unless they made it obvious I couldn't telll which was Michael or which was Adam.  There was one scene I thought I had it figured out but I was wrong. I've seen Jake in a few things and I don't think he's a bad actor but I wasn't blown away.

Of course no mention about Dean having gone to hell, or about him being Michael's true vessel.

• Love 4

So it's safe to watch if you can get over Jake Abel's portrayal of Michael-which was nothing compared to Jensen's(of course), but he was serviceable in the role for this episode that was a complete and obvious set-up for the next episode.

Cas had the most important interaction with Michael-flashbacks and red faces-and Dean had the most important interaction with Adam(and that involved the Big Apology, of course).

Sam and Eileen are in God's clutches(via a trap that should have been seen by Sam from a mile away, especially since this viewer saw it coming from at least that far away).

The set-up for 9 could be interesting if Dean is allowed to go back to Purgatory with Cas once more, by these asshat writers.

Rowena showed up as the Queen of Hell, a week later than we expected, and she advised Dean and Cas to settle things-Surprise! Surprise!!-which they will likely do in Purgatory(again, IF Dean is allowed to go there) to retrieve an ingredient for the spell to lock God away as Amara was locked away, and which Michael gave them after all the usual and expected histrionics were over with. 

Edited by Myrelle
revision
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It was a never ending parade of guest stars that ultimately just ended up with another Deus Ex Machina spell. 

But Dean going back to purgatory is at least something to look forward too.  I hope for a Dean and Benny reunion.

Benny!!! I hope so too.

I have been thinking that locking Chuck away was the only solution and I thought that getting the spell from Michael made sense. I also thought that it made sense that both Lucifer and Chuck lied about him being crazy. We know Lucifer lies. 

Rowena, Queen of Hell, looked good. Why were those demons such good fighters all of a sudden?!!!

I was suspicious about Eileen's friend. Sam shook have been too.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Sam and Eileen are in God's clutches(via a trap that should have been seen by Sam from a mile away, especially since this viewer saw it coming from at least that far away.

I saw it coming also, but Sam couldn't have seen it, because plotonium dictated he had to get trapped by Chuck.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So it's safe to watch if you can get over Jake Abel's portrayal of Michael-which was nothing compared to Jensen's(of course), but he was serviceable in the role for this episode that was a complete and obvious set-up for the next episode.

Cas had the most important interaction with Michael-flashbacks and red faces-and Dean had the most important interaction with Adam(and that involved the Big Apology, of course).

Sam and Eileen are in God's clutches(via a trap that should have been seen by Sam from a mile away, especially since this viewer saw it coming from at least that far away).

The set-up for 9 could be interesting if Dean is allowed to go back to Purgatory with Cas once more, by these asshat writers.

Rowena showed up as the Queen of Hell, a week later than we expected, and she advised Dean and Cas to settle things-Surprise! Surprise!!-which they will likely do in Purgatory(again, IF Dean is allowed to go there) to retrieve an ingredient for the spell to lock God away as Amara was locked away, and which Michael gave them after all the usual and expected histrionics were over with. 

Benny was always their best bro partner counselor

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The hardest part was seeing Jake play Michael and imagining Jensen in that role-which was very hard for this viewer not to do, but others might not find it as hard.

I DO feel that if they bring Michael back the same problem will always present itself unless Jensen is given the role; and what should be much better episodes, will all become simply mediocre, which this one was w/o a doubt and in spades.

And Rob Benedict just cannot bring the menace at all as Dabb's uber-villain-so again, mediocrity sets in.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Why would Dean and Cas let Michael go before they get back and make sure he's not double crossing them. 

Its just make them look stupid.

They are all uneasy allies at this point and all know it, so they likely figured letting him(them) go was the best way to keep the trust.

It might have been disappointing to not see or hear of Dean's connection to Michael or his hell time if one were hoping for or expecting that.

I had no such illusions with Dabb in charge and the episode was pretty much the snoozefest that I thought it would be, but it wasn't awful for Dean.

My biggest concern was with how the Dean/Cas dynamic would play out and I was greatly relieved at that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I didn't find myself comparing Jake and Jensen, probably because they play different versions of the character. I mean, we all know which JA's a better actor but I thought this was a good performance by Jake. And I think we can say this earth's Michael is way nicer than the other universe's. I liked the solution Adam and Michael had come to. Seemed like a good compromise.

Rowena looked fantastic. 

I didn't realize the chick was gonna be Chuck, but I'm gonna chalk that up to me not paying attention. 

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 8

Meh. I expected worse from Berens. The most I can say is I didn't feel like throwing things at my TV. I will have to rewatch at some point to be sure, but I believe they only showed AU Michael in the Cas/Adam brain swap (or whatever that was) so their erasure of Michael!Dean is complete. Fuckers.

At least the apology was "we" are sorry and not just "I".

I just couldn't get excited by Rowena's return. People in space saw that coming.

Chuck kidnapping Sam. Yawn.

Dean and Cas returning to Purgatory together. Well that's one way to resolve things, I suppose. And since Michael put the twelve hour clock on it, of course they'll have to go without Sam knowing, since, you know,  kidnapped. The potential for a Benny return is the most interesting thing that happened. I wonder if Dean still has his homemade Purgatory weapon? 

I do like Jake Abel so I didn't hate his part, it just really didnt mean anything. The spell thing is ridiculous.  It took God and all four of his archangels to trap Amara, but we're supposed to believe Dean and Sam can just use a spell and a few herbs? Hmmm. Can you say Jack?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Meh. I expected worse from Berens. The most I can say is I didn't feel like throwing things at my TV.

I think it was BuckLemming, so it could have been *much* worse.  I actually watched it all the way through (except for a few of the Eileen scenes... sorry,  I don't really get all the love there) so I count that a win.   

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I think it was BuckLemming, so it could have been *much* worse.  I actually watched it all the way through (except for a few of the Eileen scenes... sorry,  I don't really get all the love there) so I count that a win.   

Oh. Somebody earlier said it was Berens. Oops. 

15 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Yeah, I'm not feeling the Eileen love either. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Meh. I expected worse from Berens. The most I can say is I didn't feel like throwing things at my TV. I will have to rewatch at some point to be sure, but I believe they only showed AU Michael in the Cas/Adam brain swap (or whatever that was) so their erasure of Michael!Dean is complete. Fuckers.

At least the apology was "we" are sorry and not just "I".

I just couldn't get excited by Rowena's return. People in space saw that coming.

Chuck kidnapping Sam. Yawn.

Dean and Cas returning to Purgatory together. Well that's one way to resolve things, I suppose. And since Michael put the twelve hour clock on it, of course they'll have to go without Sam knowing, since, you know,  kidnapped. The potential for a Benny return is the most interesting thing that happened. I wonder if Dean still has his homemade Purgatory weapon? 

I do like Jake Abel so I didn't hate his part, it just really didnt mean anything. The spell thing is ridiculous.  It took God and all four of his archangels to trap Amara, but we're supposed to believe Dean and Sam can just use a spell and a few herbs? Hmmm. Can you say Jack?

Based on s 11 Chuck probably just sent in his boys to do everything and he hung back and let them deal with Sis. He's shiftless, manipulative and a coward.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1
Just now, Myrelle said:

Yeah, I'm not feeling the Eileen love either. 

She's literally all the writers were able to latch on to when it comes to Sam's personal development in the last five years or so.
I think she's okay, but the fact that it's all they could muster for Sam's endgame is the saddest fucking thing ever.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I didn't realize the chick was gonna be Chuck, but I'm gonna chalk that up to me not paying attention. 

Oh, I didn't suspect Chuck specifically.*** I just knew it was a trap. The entire thing screamed trap to me - like that big-eyed character in the Star Wars series level of "It's a Trap!" But I also knew the plot would have Sam and Eileen go anyway. *sigh*

*** I thought it was too early for a Chuck move on this show's usual timeline.

• Love 2

Some notes since I'm rewatching my bit (making subtitles for the show because I hate myself).

- Sam and Dean have everything figured out on how to beat God by the 6 minutes mark, because Dean had an off-camera epiphany. Convenient. However he doesn't know what an Achille's Heel is. Haha ! Comedy is so simple !

- Has Donetallo been in a single non-BuckLeming episode ? I have to admire their consistency, in that they're always trying to push their shitty characters as much as they can (Asmodeus anyone ?). His over-the-top antics are insufferable, and that's literally all there is to the guy.

- The music is getting beyond bad. Not only is it reaching Youtube royalty-free quality, it's cranked up to eleven in the mixing. Listen to the tracks at 5:30 and 6:55 for the best examples. Absolutely hideous. I'd rather have no music at all.

• Love 2

So not only does Sam get the main mytharc, he also gets a romantic interest. Meanwhile, Dean's only got his now-nonexistent connection to Michael and the big hanging question of his death books that may never actually be addressed. I'm so. Fucking. Bored. 

• Love 7

I really enjoyed that episode.

LOVED:
Rowena, YAAAASSSSSS QUEEN!  And her bodyguards are kickass women.  I’m here for this content.  I hope she’s back again.  Too short of a visit.  She looked positively fabulous.  “Auntie Rowena”!  And still will the “Samuel”.  Such a joy.
Adam/Michael:  I’m glad they came to some ‘arrangement’.  If 4 months was 40 years for Dean, then wouldn’t 10 years be 1200 years for Adam/Michael?  I can see how that would form a bond.  I really enjoyed the approach they used to get Michael to see the truth (mental bond with Cas).  And I especially appreciated the conversation between Dean and Adam.
Saileen:  Totally on board with this ship.  I’m also glad they addressed the obvious issue: anyone they are close to is likely to be killed just for entertainment.  No one is safe, no matter how close or far.  
Lilith:  Toast!  Just like that.  I tell ya, the season is so thick with characters, it seems like there was a shoutout every 5 mins.
Purgatory: PLEASE bring back Benny.

LIKED:
Donatello:  I’ve always  liked him.  Glad he keeps his wits about him and wants to be ‘out’.
Eileen hunting.  Nice BadAss opener.

NOPE:
Random Spell of the Week: Pop into Hell, Seal Chuck away, Get spots out of laundry....  It reminds me of Star Trek’s ”Fun with DNA” plotonium.
Chuck: Still not digging this character turn.
VampTrap:  Why all the trouble?  To separate Sam and Dean?  Maybe Chuck is smarter than he’s been acting.

Despite a few ‘nopes’, I thoroughy enjoyed the episode and will be rewatching many times.  

• Love 10

I am glad that Adam is out of Hell at least, him being stuck there has been one of the worst and saddest dangling plot threads in the whole tapestry that the show has given us. The poor guy went through so much through really no fault of his own, at least he finally got a burger. Jake is no Jensen, but he did a pretty good job with both Michael and Adam, especially this different, more chill version of Michael than the AU one, and I like the idea of a host and angel developing a sort of symbiotic relationship/partnership, its actually kind of interesting, and considering how much they have wrung out of that concept, I can at least appreciate something different. 

Its another guest star-a-palooza! Adam/Michael is back, plus Donatello, and, best of all, Rowena, with awesome hair, who is now Queen of Hell! I am truly shocked that none of them died. Or, in the case of Rowena, died again. 

Eileen and Sam...are boring. So, so very boring. I saw more romantic chemistry between Dean and Christina Kane last week than I do between them, despite them obviously setting her up as a love interest for Sam. Eileen and Sam running off for some random hunt was so stupid, even beyond the fact that it was an obvious trap, like, guys, are you not in the middle of something? 

I dont care how many people they show Chuck randomly kill, he just isnt an intimidating villain to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Oh please, no, don't let this crowd bring Benny back!

4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Jake did a decent job, but most of the time unless they made it obvious I couldn't telll which was Michael or which was Adam.  There was one scene I thought I had it figured out but I was wrong. I've seen Jake in a few things and I don't think he's a bad actor but I wasn't blown away.

Of course no mention about Dean having gone to hell, or about him being Michael's true vessel.

No mention of the Ferrari of vessels AT AL??? 

Nincompoops!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

Has Donetallo been in a single non-BuckLeming episode ? I have to admire their consistency, in that they're always trying to push their shitty characters as much as they can 

I read somewhere that once a writer creates a character they get paid extra whenever this character is used in later episodes...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What is it with Cas whining about going on dangerous missions this season? This is the second time in season 15 that he’s dragged his feet about going to Hell, even though both times it was part of an important, potentially world-saving plan, and he wasn't the only member of TFW putting his life on the line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

There are two things from this episode that encouraged a little hope about Chuck, though. One, the comment that either something has happened to him or he has been like this all along. It opens a small doubt as to whether this really is his true nature. Two, when Castiel showed Michael his memories to prove how Chuck is, it included him being fatally injured (by Amara, who was not shown) with waves of energy. I am assuming it is dark energy, life destroying energy. This memory does not support a bad Chuck. In fact, it is irrelevant to what Castiel was trying to prove. Why was it included?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, hunenka said:

What is it with Cas whining about going on dangerous missions this season? This is the second time in season 15 that he’s dragged his feet about going to Hell, even though both times it was part of an important, potentially world-saving plan, and he wasn't the only member of TFW putting his life on the line.

Initially, I thought it was his repugnance for the demon possessing Jack. This time, I don't know. Maybe concerned about how they would be received by Michael, who might incinerate all of them. He expressed that; but I didn't think it was cowardice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

Sam and Dean have everything figured out on how to beat God by the 6 minutes mark, because Dean had an off-camera epiphany. Convenient. However he doesn't know what an Achille's Heel is. Haha ! Comedy is so simple !

It's so easy to know these thing if only the writers cared even just a little fucking bit. New canon, I  guess.

• Love 15

Man, I hate it when I actually enjoy and episode and then come here lol.

Well I might be one of the few but I liked it. Dean smartly came up with the demon tablet connection; a years-long trope of leaving Adam in hell was dealt with (well I think); the apology from Dean was especially well done. I though Jake did a decent job between the two. 

I know everyone theorized that Rowena would be the queen of hell but I was still surprised and happy when she showed up looking like a million bucks. And I think the purgatory visit should be great. 

Yes, Dean knows what an achilles heel is (unforgivable) and Sam wouldn't leave with a pissed off archangel in the bunker (lazy writing) but those were really my only complaints. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, hunenka said:

Is he putting his life on the line when he goes to Hell, though? He was part of a group of angels "laying siege" to Hell, and he personally "gripped by Dean tight and raised him from perdition.

Ah, but those were the days...

• Love 9

From the Speculation thread:

(the reviewer sees) "only awkwardness between Sam and Eileen, and zero romantic chemistry." 

There was more chemistry between Dean and the random waitress last week in the roadhouse than between Sam and Eileen.  It's so forced, it's cringeworthy.  But it's not fair of me to compare that to any kind of chemistry someone might have with Dean because, well, he's Dean and you know. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Dean has chemistry with literally everyone. I have seen Sam have chemistry - with Sarah, Ruby, that doctor woman. Maybe with those people it was all heat and lust but with Eileen it's more so he is being slow and tentative? Yeah - I'm going with that. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Well I might be one of the few but I liked it. Dean smartly came up with the demon tablet connection; a years-long trope of leaving Adam in hell was dealt with (well I think); the apology from Dean was especially well done. I though Jake did a decent job between the two. 

I know everyone theorized that Rowena would be the queen of hell but I was still surprised and happy when she showed up looking like a million bucks. And I think the purgatory visit should be great. 

Yes, Dean knows what an achilles heel is (unforgivable) and Sam wouldn't leave with a pissed off archangel in the bunker (lazy writing) but those were really my only complaints. 

I liked it too. Same complaints more or less. Will add Sam should have seen the set-up/trap Eileen was walking into.

Or maybe... not only was Donatello dangerous to keep around. If Sam could see into Chuck's mind when dreaming...

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Shannonsspirit said:

There are two things from this episode that encouraged a little hope about Chuck, though. One, the comment that either something has happened to him or he has been like this all along. It opens a small doubt as to whether this really is his true nature. Two, when Castiel showed Michael his memories to prove how Chuck is, it included him being fatally injured (by Amara, who was not shown) with waves of energy. I am assuming it is dark energy, life destroying energy. This memory does not support a bad Chuck. In fact, it is irrelevant to what Castiel was trying to prove. Why was it included?

.Taking to bitter spec.

OH ROWENA! HOW DO I LOVE THEE? LET ME COUNT THE WAYS!

OK- first off, I'm so glad that they dealt with the Dean Cas crap with simply having Auntie Rowena say, "Get over it." Let them do that off screen so I don't have to see it. 

And hats off to all of us who knew Rowena was going to die, go to Hell, get crowned Queen. 

The rest of it was blah. Move along folks, nothing to see here. OK- So, Michael lets Adam talk once in a while. OK. I care about this because? Also- saw Chuck taking Sam and Eileen when they first showed whoever that friend was on the screen. Also- no CC on the video chat for the deaf girl? I know she reads lips, but that just seems odd. "I need help. I'll try to video chat the deaf girl in hopes that she's on her computer at this exact moment in time, even though she's a hunter, just back from the dead, and probably has other things to do than check in on twitter." SO OBVIOUSLY CHUCK's little water pistol crap.

Kudos to Amazon for not delivering to Hell, yet.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Rowena, Queen of Hell, looked good. Why were those demons such good fighters all of a sudden?!!!

Because Rowena is awesome and chose the best fighters to be her body guards. She's not as dumb as the one who came before her. 

10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hmmm. Can you say Jack?

No. Every time I try, it comes out "Quack." 

9 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Oh, I didn't suspect Chuck specifically.*** I just knew it was a trap. The entire thing screamed trap to me - like that big-eyed character in the Star Wars series level of "It's a Trap!" But I also knew the plot would have Sam and Eileen go anyway. *sigh*

*** I thought it was too early for a Chuck move on this show's usual timeline.

General Ackbar.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Its another guest star-a-palooza! Adam/Michael is back, plus Donatello, and, best of all, Rowena, with awesome hair, who is now Queen of Hell! I am truly shocked that none of them died. Or, in the case of Rowena, died again. 

I dont care how many people they show Chuck randomly kill, he just isnt an intimidating villain to me. 

They need Rowena again, I'm sure that is why she isn't dead, dead yet. Chuck isn't remotely menacing. I just want to pat him on the head and say, "Whose a cute wittle bad guy?"

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

BobcatKitten, I actually enjoyed this episode also. I mean, Rowena carried me all the way to the end. And I think Adam/Michael was an admirable way to transition that. I'm also glad that they let Adam/Michael go. They (he?) can go about earth and see things with their own eyes that might make Michael more willing to fight this fight. And frankly Adam got out of the cage, so that's good. I also enjoyed Michael calling Cas out for calling him names, proving that even Archangels don't like to be made fun of.  

• Love 3

It’s odd... watching British election results unfold was more entertaining (for me) than this episode of Supernatural.  
The Destiel folk will be salivating all over the holidays now that Dean and Cas are off to purgatory together next episode. 

• LOL 2

If they ever remember that Heaven is 'dying' beyond Cas saying it has 'changed', the only logical conclusion is that Michael will return to give it an arch-angel power boost. I wonder if he'll be willing to accept Jack as his new lord and master?  I guess it's a mildly less ridiculous name for God than Chuck.

• Love 2

I'm not sure how to feel about Rowena, Queen of Hell. It wasn't a surprise, of course, but I'm still not sure how she managed to gain power as nothing but a soul. Can she still do witchcraft without a body? What exactly is she wielding to keep the demons in line, and why is it never explained? It just (once again) minimizes the horror of Hell, to see a destined subject of it somehow avoid eternal torture and become supreme empress offscreen. I guess Dean, Bobby, Kevin, Eileen etc. were just too weak to escape, then?

And of course TFW, who've killed legions of demons by now, get utterly, pathetically laid out within two seconds just to make another character look better. It's a little too late to course-correct, writers. If TFW have already proven themselves to be more than capable against demons, then levelling up the latter at the eleventh hour just makes TFW look suddenly, inexplicably incompetent. 

Every moment of Michael!Adam just made me furious over the absolute butchering of Michael!Dean. I couldn't bring myself to enjoy the performance, which honestly wasn't bad; it's just all too bitter. No mention of Dean's role as Michael's true vessel, of course. Why the fuck would I ever expect that?

Lots of blather, minimal action, side characters completely took over, unforgivable "Achilles heel" moment, and the carnage of Michael!Dean got rubbed in my face. Just what I wanted for the midseason finale...

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

I'm not sure how to feel about Rowena, Queen of Hell. It wasn't a surprise, of course, but I'm still not sure how she managed to gain power as nothing but a soul. Can she still do witchcraft without a body? What exactly is she wielding to keep the demons in line, and why is it never explained? It just (once again) minimizes the horror of Hell, to see a destined subject of it somehow avoid eternal torture and become supreme empress offscreen. I guess Dean, Bobby, Kevin, Eileen etc. were just too weak to escape, then?

Well, the thing to remember is that this isn't Rowena's first time in Hell. She was there, as Crowley's mom. And she made everyone in her sphere pretty miserable back then. Hell, from the time that Crowley and Lucifer left has had a void in leadership. So, I can see than when she returned, it was pretty easy for her to take over. She already had Crowley's minions in her corner, she had those who want a leader in her corner, and she had those she terrorized before in her corner. She probably even had a few demons that she terrorized as humans before their deaths. 

• Love 3

The title of this episode is "Our Father, who aren't in Heaven" reminds me of the Frasier episode, "Our Father, Whose Art Ain't Heaven." In fact, I keep having to remind myself to say it properly. And by that token, it also huddles around my brain, that this season, Ain't Art and Ain't Heaven. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bali said:

Well, the thing to remember is that this isn't Rowena's first time in Hell. She was there, as Crowley's mom. And she made everyone in her sphere pretty miserable back then. Hell, from the time that Crowley and Lucifer left has had a void in leadership. So, I can see than when she returned, it was pretty easy for her to take over. She already had Crowley's minions in her corner, she had those who want a leader in her corner, and she had those she terrorized before in her corner. She probably even had a few demons that she terrorized as humans before their deaths. 

That still doesn't explain why the demons are so terrified of her now. Making them miserable through manipulation isn't the same thing. We didn't get any sort of explanation as to what kind of power her naked soul wielded (if any), and we've seen many times that only raw strength gets demons to obey. 

• Love 3

It was okay. Ultimately, it was an episode focused on Adam/Michael and while I like Jake Abel and he did well enough, when it comes to Michael the level of bitterness involved is too great to enjoy pretty much anything now. 

Chuck continues to be hilariously muhaha-evil. Which doesn`t find with his squirrely writer persona even. Why and how does he get off on mass murder?

I don`t even know what Sam and Eileen are supposed to be. Just that the intro scene with them had some unintended comical bits. Like when tiny Eileen slammed Sam out of the way like she had superpowers. And what was up with Sam`s facial expressions? He made an "ZOMG" face at the weirdest times through the episode.

That "fight" in hell was stupid. Was there a reason they did so badly against some cheap knock-off demons? Rowena being Queen of Hell and having a grand old times was to be expected. Hey, if Ketch made it down there, he would probably have a nicer time than in Heaven. Just saying. 

Dean being allowed to come off with a smart plan of action and generally being proactive and on the God case? Yay. Much welcomed. The achilles heel line was just stupid retcon, at least thankfully short. 

Donatello was amusing. The way he ran out of the bunker? Most realistic reaction ever. 

Dean and Cas acted civil enough around each other. At least there won`t be a hiatus of Dean-hating because he was "meen" to some poor woobie.

Chuck`s trap was a really lame case. Figures.     

• Love 9