Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I thought it was interesting they filmed the Sonny/Morgan scenes the way they did.  Kept cutting out to show Sonny was actually talking to himself.  I don't view it as a visit from beyond.  Just another Sonny breakdown.   I don't think these scenes have any bearing on whether or not Morgan stays  dead. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I don't think these scenes have any bearing on whether or not Morgan stays  dead. 

Well, we saw Ghost!Anna and Ghost!Robert after Stone died, and it turned out they weren't dead after all, so...

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Unless Anna thinks someone was literally IN the luggage and popped out and threw kristina out the window, which given her thought processes lately, who's to say?

Ditto. I wouldn't be surprised if she told Chase to double-check the contents of the luggage just to be sure, heh.

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Instead of going to the chapel to pray for his daughter

Sonny's use of religion is always very self-serving in the worst way, so it's just as well he decided the roof was a better place to be.

13 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I don't think these scenes have any bearing on whether or not Morgan stays  dead. 

Please, please, please let Morgan stay dead, dead, dead. I cannot take him coming back, especially if played by Bryan Craig.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

she doesn't even bother to call the hotel to check on what's going on, or her insurance agent to check on liability. Nor to call Joss who was on lifeguard duty that day to see if she was there and how she is handling it.

But if Carly had been shown doing any of those sensible things, they might not have been able to squeeze in that multi-segment scene of her explaining to Donna that grown-ups fight sometimes even though they love each other, just like Donna fights with her big sister and still loves her. I swear, I think they just went to "Subs Like Script" and copied and pasted an Ethan Hawke monologue from Boyhood

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why does it matter if Cates' luggage was in Ava's apartment? She's free, unattached and over 21. It's none of the PCPD's business if Cates' luggage is in her room.

I suspect Anna, Dante and Chase probably suspect that perhaps Ava moved more things around than the ice, like the luggage. Maybe they suspect Kristina tripped on something bigger than Ava's pumps

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When a show has to have characters re-emphasizing that Sonny loves his kids in order to push his value, there's a real problem. Loving your kids makes you a basic human, not a decent person. Whatever shreds of decency that existed in Sonny, died not long after Stone did

i love your whole post, but this is what really bothers me. and they use this all the time for everyone. For the life of me I do not understand why Dante love Sonny. He felt 100 percent that he deserved to go to jail for the rest of his life because of the crimes he committed. then he was all "Oh he loves Morgan and Michael." but he still felt like he needed to defend Mr. Poletti. Then Sonny goes if someone took out Mr. Poletti - he deserved it. (why? because Sonny SAID SO). didn't even have the balls to look him in the face before he shot him dead blank in the chest and would have shot him dead in the head had Olivia not screamed at him that it's his son. And the thing is why does that matter. if it hadn't been Sonny's. but Sonny obviously cared for Olivia & Kate at that point - is the show telling us he would have spared Dante anyway? No. He would have arranged for Dante to be taken care of after.  Everyone else be damned. 

And I've noticed for a while this is their new battle cry. Sonny's Son. Carly can never go to jail because her kids need her. Jason is strong, noble and true because he sacrificed his happiness and his time from his children to protect fair Carly from her  dumbass decisions. And no one - not once ever claps back at them about how asinine that alll is. 

AJ wanted to be with his son. who cares what he wanted, just shove him on a meat hook, call him a pathetic bastard every time he drew breath and then murdered him in cold blood. (But it doesn't count, it never counts because Sonny was off his meds). Alcazar just wanted to be with his kids, everything he did was in retaliation to Sonny's actions, but - he was evil and Skye was perfectly okay to have Lorenzo shot down in cold blood. Their actions led to Diego to go on a murder spree and they never go "wait WE Caused this." no. it's everyone else's fault. 

Everytime Sonny goes unhinged, it's because he's off his meds. and they do this basically so everyone [except Mac] can be all "it's okay he IS a criminal but he was only really bad THIS time because of his meds.  quite frankly, regardless of how she feels about Sonny, the fact that Kristina was about to be  a mother. the fact that her father could beat up someone almost to death at a wedding should pretty much have her think "Is this what I would want for my sister? or MY kid?" and she should be on Ava's side. not all. "how could you have me testify the truth about my scum bag dad."

I truly thought Jagger was going to be the chosen one because he came out hurling the truth bombs at Sonny but the show is going out of their way to make the federal agent be the big bad for you know - putting the criminal in jail. As they always do. they have to bend backwards to make someone look bad or cut corners so they look "justifiably" wrong. Ie: Jagger knows about Sonny's pills but didn't say anything so when it comes out and he knows - Jagger is the evul.

And the thing is this too shall pass and everyone is going to love Sonny [except for Mac]. Jason will just stand there looking like a stone, and Carly is going to thirst after Jason while having sex with Charles Mesure. like. this is known.  

this show couldn't soap opera to save its life even if Agnes Nixon came back to earth to haunt these people. Honestly i've said this constantly, ABC cancelled the wrong dang show. OLTL was on fire when it got cancelled and AMC was getting it back together. but we kept the Sopranos Wannabee. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 12
19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I truly thought Jagger was going to be the chosen one because he came out hurling the truth bombs at Sonny but the show is going out of their way to make the federal agent be the big bad for you know - putting the criminal in jail. As they always do. they have to bend backwards to make someone look bad or cut corners so they look "justifiably" wrong. Ie: Jagger knows about Sonny's pills but didn't say anything so when it comes out and he knows - Jagger is the evul.

Had Mulcahey not quit and remained, I truly believe Jagger would have been the new hero. We were starting to see some change, and while late, the blinders came off of Anna, but then shenanigans and Mulcahey quit, Korte and Chris what'shisname is back, so everything is regressing back to the boringASS status quo.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Had Mulcahey not quit and remained, I truly believe Jagger would have been the new hero. We were starting to see some change, and while late, the blinders came off of Anna, but then shenanigans and Mulcahey quit, Korte and Chris what'shisname is back, so everything is regressing back to the boringASS status quo.

Change to the criminal being the lead and hero will probably only happen when Maurice retires

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Maybe they suspect Kristina tripped on something bigger than Ava's pumps

either way, she tripped; it really was just a terrible accident.  Ava, as usual, is complicating the situation and making it worse.

• Like 12
27 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

either way, she tripped; it really was just a terrible accident.  Ava, as usual, is complicating the situation and making it worse.

Perhaps it was, but Ava put her hands on her so that makes it worse

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

i still don't get why Ava made such a stupid story. just tell the truth. Kristina came, she got pissed off that she had to testify,  [insert your white lie here that she reached out to comfort her] - but Kristina yanked back, screamed don't touch me, and tripped over a bag. 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

yeah that makes so much sense. Jagger was fire when he first came on. man, I wish Mo would just retire already 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Well, we saw Ghost!Anna and Ghost!Robert after Stone died, and it turned out they weren't dead after all, so...

And it's the Morgan of Sonny's mind, where Sonny can do no wrong.  I can't remember if Morgan was getting along with Sonny at the time of Morgan's unravelling and subsequent death.  I remember Carly giving Morgan a really ugly necklace.

Just the same as Hatman's wife, coming back to tell him how wonderful he is.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanaK said:
28 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

agreed, as always, Ava makes her situation worse.  But she did not push Kristina; no one will believe her once that video comes out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanaK said:

I only remember the arm grab, not the (2?) shoulder touches.  But the arm grab couldn't be seen through the window, so they redid the stills?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I only remember the arm grab, not the (2?) shoulder touches.  But the arm grab couldn't be seen through the window, so they redid the stills?

yeah i just rewatched it. actually you know what it doesn't even really look like Ava touched Kristina. like she was about to, and Kristina pulled back or maybe they just couldn't get a good block for it because she yanks back and says don't touch her but she doesn't really force her arm FROM Ava's hand if that makes sense?

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

agreed, as always, Ava makes her situation worse.  

Her lying to and being borderline hostile to Trina continues that trajectory. So does later yelling at the ADA who is the grieving mother, in front of a police witness. 

TJ, when Molly can't wait to get away from you the day after your baby dies and her sister almost dies, perhaps a moment of self-reflection is in order. 

Pressuring her about a funeral and being with his fam to get rid of all the nursery stuff immediately is so cruel. TJ, you are an idiot, but not for the reason(s) you gave your fam. As always, Aunt Stella is an all star.

My mouth dropped open when Molly started reading Ava the baby's autopsy report to hold her accountable. KV continues to rock her scenes. The look on Molly's face when Ava hissed at her and blamed Kristina for the baby's death ... wow.

Jordan is a total be-yotch. 

Good to see Elizabeth being a great nurse instead of worrying over Finn! :)

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

maybe they just couldn't get a good block for it

I think this is it, because they had to sub in KM's stunt double right after that supposed grab.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ljr said:

I’m wondering where Olivia is? She also owns the metrocourt. Why isn’t she comforting her Dante? His sister almost died

Why aren't Carly and Olivia at the hotel and on the phone to their attorneys? Even if the hotel isn't at fault, there still have to be issues that need to be figured out, and statements to be written for the press (oh wait, no one would be interested in hearing about a sensational accident at the most prestigious hotel in town, would they?)?

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Why aren't Carly and Olivia at the hotel and on the phone to their attorneys? Even if the hotel isn't at fault, there still have to be issues that need to be figured out, and statements to be written for the press (oh wait, no one would be interested in hearing about a sensational accident at the most prestigious hotel in town, would they?)?

and you know, if Nina was still owner, they would be fitting her for a noose right about now.

5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

As always, Aunt Stella is an all star.

what did she do?

wait what's wrong w/Donna?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

what did she do? 

Spoke gently but firmly to TJ about grief and brought out the grieving father in him instead of the heartless/selfish POS he's been non-stop to Molly and Kristina. 

This episode confirmed for me that Molly needs to be done with TJ and his mother for her own mental health. 

ETA: Donna took daddy's "candies" and Carly took her to the h hospital for a lithium overdose. The girl had her stomach pumped and Elizabeth informed Jason, Sonny, Carly, Joss that the test results showed no drugs in the pills or Donna's body.   

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

the heartless/selfish POS he's been non-stop to Molly and Kristina. 

I really don't understand why TJ has been written to be so hostile throughout this story.

• Like 11

Those meds do not work immediately. Sonny would still be in a bad state  they can take weeks to kick in. He hasn’t been on them in a long while. So many stupid things. Kristina goes unconscious and even though she is in icu Alexis has to run out screaming for help. They better have them see this baby or we all know it’ll show up in the future. 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

ETA: Donna took daddy's "candies" and Carly took her to the h hospital for a lithium overdose.

When was she even around Sonny's meds to do that?  <rme>

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Those meds do not work immediately. Sonny would still be in a bad state  they can take weeks to kick in. He hasn’t been on them in a long while. So many stupid things. Kristina goes unconscious and even though she is in icu Alexis has to run out screaming for help. They better have them see this baby or we all know it’ll show up in the future. 

that's what drives me insane. 
I've been on iron for my anemia for about 3 years now. and it still doesn't feel like it "kicks in" and these people make it sound like ooh yeah right dose, right off the bat? WOOOSSHH

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Spoke gently but firmly to TJ about grief and brought out the grieving father in him instead of the heartless/selfish POS he's been non-stop to Molly and Kristina. 

thanks much :)

i'll comment once the yT clips start rolling in

1 minute ago, ciarra said:

When was she even around Sonny's meds to do that?  <rme>

she was at carly's too. so why was his meds at carly's?
Where was pilar?
why were the meds...

why am i even asking these dumb questions. they need to move the plot along lol

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

she was at carly's too. so why was his meds at carly's?
Where was pilar?
why were the meds...

why am i even asking these dumb questions. they need to move the plot along lol

There was an Rx vile of pills with Sonny's name on it in the overnight bag and Donna got them. Donna didn't want to "share candies" with Pilar and Avery who were in another room when she got her hands on them, so she didn't tell them. Then ... "mommy my stomach hurts." Why this child who is well beyond toddler years thought a vile with Daddy's name would be candy is stupid.

I remember I unknowingly dropped a tiny pill from my meds in my aunt's car and her granddaughter, my cousin's three-year-old, picked it up and told me here's your medicine - knew it wasn't candy. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It's all ammo for Donna to be raised by the army of Q nannies.

ETA: 

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

I can’t tell Avery and Donna apart.

Apparently I can't either!

Edited by dubbel zout

I’ve only watched pieces of today’s episode, but there’s finally positive movement on Sonny’s meds being placebos, so we’re finally getting to the end of that part of the too-long meandering Pikeman storyline. And no meds in the pill suggest that’s due to Ava’s blackmail plan with the pharmacist so she’s going to get blamed for all of it. Good thing though there was no lithium or Donna would be a goner

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I’ve only watched pieces of today’s episode, but there’s finally positive movement on Sonny’s meds being placebos, so we’re finally getting to the end of that part of the too-long meandering Pikeman storyline. And no meds in the pill suggest that’s due to Ava’s blackmail plan with the pharmacist so she’s going to get blamed for all of it. Good thing though there was no lithium or Donna would be a goner

Maybe I'm missing something - if there were no meds in the pills, then why was Donna feeling bad? 

• Useful 3

I have a different perspective about TJ's reaction to his daughter's death than most seem to here.  Not everyone reacts the same way.  There's often nothing rational about the way a person reacts in this situation.  Plus, he's spent MONTHS terrified of something happening to his child and lo and behold, something awful did happen.  Did his fear cause him to react in ways unsympathetic and/or rational ways?  Why yes it did.  To me, that doesn't make him a terrible person. It just makes him human.

Besides, I'm so tired of this show trying to make me think that any of the non-mob characters are anything but flawed human beings.  There's no one more awful than Mooby, Snarly and Jason the Enabler.  IMO, of course.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

I have a different perspective about TJ's reaction to his daughter's death than most seem to here.  Not everyone reacts the same way.  There's often nothing rational about the way a person reacts in this situation.  Plus, he's spent MONTHS terrified of something happening to his child and lo and behold, something awful did happen.  Did his fear cause him to react in ways unsympathetic and/or rational ways?  Why yes it did.  To me, that doesn't make him a terrible person. It just makes him human.

Besides, I'm so tired of this show trying to make me think that any of the non-mob characters are anything but flawed human beings.  There's no one more awful than Mooby, Snarly and Jason the Enabler.  IMO, of course.

i get what you mean. like people are saying Kristina should dump Blaze because she wasn't right there at her bedside. and I'm like. but didn't Natalia say her bloodsugar was low - thus meaning if she has a glycemic episode or something what use is Blaze going to be for anyone? (not to mention i get it, Natalia is a big ist & phobe - but what she said wasn't wrong - right now her family is worried about Kristina and mourning a baby - let the family have their moment then come back and be there for Kristina). 

and i've always say that. people grieve in weird ways. I'm very pragmatic when people are hurt/ill/die, I don't shed tears (even if it's someone close to me). it doesn't mean I don't hurt or i'm sad- i just don't emote it the way people tend to want to see people grieve. 

that's why i am always like let's see how it boils down - a few days/a week later. (it's hard when it's soap beacuse 1 day can be like a month LOL). but if things really start to crater then we can be all kick and whack them with spoons

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm very pragmatic when people are hurt/ill/die, I don't shed tears (even if it's someone close to me). it doesn't mean I don't hurt or i'm sad- i just don't emote it the way people tend to want to see people grieve. 

People do react and grieve differently. Some start crying right away and others become more stoic, crying only in private. 

TJ is angry, but he's also expecting Molly to react the way he thinks she should. On that note, I think Molly's visit to Ava will keep her from being involved in whatever legal action happens - as it should, since she's related to the victim (the baby). 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

I have a different perspective about TJ's reaction to his daughter's death than most seem to here

I haven't seen his reaction to the baby's death (or anything else this week), but I think he is a raging asshole based on his behavior and words over the last  million months this storyline has been dragging on.  Can't wait for Molly to dump him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Maybe I'm missing something - if there were no meds in the pills, then why was Donna feeling bad?

She ate Carly's cooking?  Popcorn and brownies?  With frozen pizza?

All the garbage they feed kids on this show?  (I'm still annoyed at Maxie allowing James ice cream before they ordered dinner.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

When Sonny's test results came back empty, so to speak, why didn't Kevin ask to see Sonny's meds? 

52 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Why this child who is well beyond toddler years thought a vile with Daddy's name would be candy is stupid.

Seriously. Donna is definitely old enough to know what a prescription bottle looks like and read the label for the patient's name. (But LOL that "she didn't want to share." Donna is totally her parents' daughter.) Good grief. The pretzeling this show has to go through to make plot points is absurd, as usual.

Shut up, Jordan. Your opinions don't matter here.

Oh, god, more Heather. I don't want to see this on any level whatsoever.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

[Ugh, I did something weird with the qyote box, but I'm replying to the above]

While I'm sure they're still exaggerating for dramatic purposes, it is likely that the dose Kevin would administer for this urgent situation would be different than an introductory or maintenance scenario.

Of course, if it were at all realistic Sonny would be admitted for at least overnight in order to both give him a higher dose, and make sure it didn't have any side effects. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

I understand people can be irrational. That's not my issue with the past few episodes. Alexis recently stated/confirmed that Molly and TJ have been together for 10 years. This means he's also spent a lot of her time with her family for 10 years and has witnessed how much Kristina means to Molly.

He's supposed to love Molly with all his heart, right? Yet he and his mother, through their actions, words and facial expressions show that they do not care one iota about Molly's fears and pain about her sister as she's simultaneously devastated about the loss of their child.  The only thing that matters to either of these two is that Kristina didn't give TJ a child as verbally promised and that Molly isn't meeting TJ's needs immediately as soon as the baby has died. It takes Curtis of all people to say hey TJ maybe back off Molly.

I was incredulous/appalled that Jordan actually asked him if Molly was okay, as Molly left.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
38 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

I have a different perspective about TJ's reaction to his daughter's death than most seem to here.  Not everyone reacts the same way.  There's often nothing rational about the way a person reacts in this situation.  Plus, he's spent MONTHS terrified of something happening to his child and lo and behold, something awful did happen.  Did his fear cause him to react in ways unsympathetic and/or rational ways?  Why yes it did.  To me, that doesn't make him a terrible person. It just makes him human

What I have seen is TJ being ANGRY and a controlling ASSHOLE toward Kristina during the entire pregnancy. Never fear of something happening but anger at Kristina’s “behaviors” (going to a bachelorette party and drinking! (No she did not!)), attending Brook Lynn’s wedding-how DARE she! She should be at home wrapped in swaddle and eat what he deems is proper, and stay away from Mooby. As if his own family doesn’t have mob lackeys.

• Like 7
(edited)

I also want to see some fallout about Brick giving Jason the photos and Jason running to Anna with them.  Can't Sonny stay angry and irrational a while longer?

Maybe Sonny allowing Donna to get into his meds will be a strike against him in the custody hearing?  (If the custody case makes it that far.)

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Weren’t they essentially sugar pills at that point? So maybe too much sugar

Sonny gets a home visit and complimentary session from Kevin. I'm sure other, more deserving patients in crisis would appreciate the same. 

That tearful apology Sonny gave Jason for treating him like shit and accusing him of betrayal all this time was so powerful ...oh, wait... 

Why do I feel like the next few months will be among the most excruciating in my many decades of watching. 

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Sonny gets a home visit and complimentary session from Kevin.

I had to LOL that he tells Ava that Sonny is getting treated, then says he has already said too much because of confidentiality laws, and then doesn't bother to get more than approx. 10 feet away from her jail cell before answering the phone call about Sonny's meds, thereby breaking patient confidentiality again. 

All he needed to say is that Avery is safe. She is not with Sonny; she is at Carly's. 

• Like 5
Just now, Bringonthedrama said:

All he needed to say is that Avery is safe. She is not with Sonny; she is at Carly's. 

Donna is at Carly's too, and if she's chugging Sonny's meds, I wouldn't say Avery is safe.

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Donna is at Carly's too, and if she's chugging Sonny's meds, I wouldn't say Avery is safe.

He was visiting Ava at the jail at the time Carly brought Donna to the hospital about the suspected lithium overdose.  It's unclear if the phone call he answered regarding Sonny's meds was from a pharmacist, a colleague, or the staff of the doctor who pumped Donna's stomach. 

especially if played by Bryan Craig.

Bryan has said multiple times he has no interest in coming back.  when he was asked to do this one day spot, he agreed but also said he didn't understand why they haven't recast yet.  

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Bryan has said multiple times he has no interest in coming back.  when he was asked to do this one day spot, he agreed but also said he didn't understand why they haven't recast yet.  

Because Morgan's dead,  Byran. that's why they didn't recast. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

I, thankfully have never been in this situation but for those who have, would you empty out the nursery the day after the death?  Every stitch of everything gone immediately?  what if they get another surrogate and get pregnant again within a couple of months?  They have to go out and rebuy everything they just threw away?  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really don't understand why TJ has been written to be so hostile throughout this story.

Someone has to be the villain in the piece. He didn't have much of a personality before but wow did they fall over the other side of the horse.

3 hours ago, jacourt said:

Those meds do not work immediately. Sonny would still be in a bad state  they can take weeks to kick in. He hasn’t been on them in a long while.

He was actually on a quarter dose for most of this story. It was only a couple of weeks ago that Ava blackmailed the pharmacist into making them entirely placebos. It's possible that Sonny was still on the old prescription (I get mine for 3 months) so maybe there was some in the pills that Donna took.

Serves her right for wanting all the "candy" for herself.

• Like 2