Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: No One Can Stop Me

spinxella
  • Start Topic

Ghost has the best day ever, he’s on top of the world. Meanwhile the Feds intensively work to prove James St. Patrick is guilty for the murder of Terry Silver. But when Ghost makes a political move, it triggers resentment from his many enemies.

That was so dumb! The prosecutors are the absolute worst! How does any of this make any sense? Tommy, Tasha and Angela's sister had no reason to shoot ghost. I wish Tariq had been shot (killed) instead. I know I'll stick it out until series end but this has been one of the most disappointing final seasons I've ever watched (along with Game of Thrones, Dexter, and True Blood).

• Love 8

I had a feeling since last week this was where they were heading: "Who Shot Ghost?". They couldn't make it more obvious. He was way too over the top arrogant with Rashard, Tommy and Dre.

How many times did Ghost need to say "No one can stop me"? Dead give away (No pun!). 

I would be surprised if they killed him off with 6 more episodes to go. Seems he was shot in the same place Angela was. 

Was that Ghost really falling or just a metaphor for his hopes and dreams crashing down or just a tribute to Mad Men's opening?

I guess it would be Saxe (to finally get him off the show) but I would like to add to the impressive list of potential shooters:
1. Uncle Gabe. Maybe he had second thoughts/was insulted the price was too low for the bar and needed to shoot Ghost or he shot him for not coming back to the neighborhood after so many years.
2. Ramona. Maybe she was pissed Ghost wanted her to wait an hour. She needed it now.

3. Q. Thinking he needs to protect Tasha.

4. Kanan. Why not? The show is already in the "Ridiculous" level.

5. Someone from Jason's group. They knew it wasn't Dre and got revenge on Ghost.

Warner should have had Blanca immediately taken off this case/fired after the truth came out and this fool lets Tameika change his mind/lies to the judge (only to later have the judge toss the case). 

Why did Rashard go to Ghost to warn him? Larenz Tate had some weird but funny facial expressions going on.

If Blanca has an arrest warrant, why is she going to arrest Ghost by herself and not be accompanied with a dozen police officers? Maybe one of the cops would have ran into the shooter leaving the club.

As usual there are no employees at Truth and anybody can just stroll in.

Good job Ghost telling Tariq your reason for killing Breeze. Didn't think that same reason would sink in his head to be used on you when the kid has no desire to go to jail or the military?

I thought Ghost called 2 Bit to kill Dre in jail. Must have been for something else.

Even if Dre agrees to lie for Blanca, how is he quickly released from jail for Jason's murder?

So who shot at Ghost and Tommy? IMDB list Cedric the Entertainer in this episode. I could be wrong but I think he was the dead guy lying on the ground.

I would advise Lorette to run a check Ghost's mental state. She should know the guy is seeing a lot of dead people. Too bad she couldn't see her future Lieutenant Governor in broad daylight hold a gun to Vincent's head and be involved in a shootout!

Shouldn't Lorette already know the QCP was dropped if she has done an "extensive" search on Ghost (maybe she avoided to search any events that happened this season)?

It was funny Lorette left the bill for Ghost to pay.

Did they intentionally have Ramona enter Truth and Ghost spot her the same way he did with Angela in season one?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

Tasha trying to convince Ghost to take the fall for Tariq. I have to laugh! Ghost was actually right, Tariq should turn his little ungrateful ass in. Killing his sister's murderer, plus Ghost up in Albany with influence, could wipe the slate clean with a good deal. Tasha is the biggest hypocrite, as she's hell bent on not letting go of Ghost to live a life outside of the game while also keeping Tariq on the streets under her eye. It's all such a stupid mess. 

I see the show trying to absolve Tariq of Raina's mess by having Ghost!Raina try to clear her brother's name. Sorry but no. 

Can't believe Dre is STILL alive. Ugh. 

• Love 7

It's ridiculous how much of a clue Ramona still doesn't have about James. And this show is making the DNC look like a clown show if their vetting didn't find all the plentiful dirt on Ghost.

Dare we hope that's finally the last we've seen of Angela?

James and his hubris were flying so close to the sun his future  grandchildren were probably reaching for tubes of aloe vera. Maybe he should've waited until he was elected to start sh!t-talking people who hate him right to their faces. He's not bulletproof.

Tameika was looking fabulous in her pink suit.

How even more  delusional is James about Tariq? Tariq would kill him before confessing to that murder. (I was really hoping Tariq was recording James during their meeting.)

I'm wondering how anyone could have proven Silver never went to the QCP construction site.

So was Det. Blanca deliberately triggering Tate and Angela's sister to go after James? And then suborning perjury from Dre? She's as shady as Saxe.

Wow, a who shot Ghost cliffhanger. Pretty much the entire world saw that coming. Wonder who got to him first? My money's on Tariq.

Dare we hope Ghost is going to die? Meh, Blanca will probably get there in time to save him or at least call the EMTs.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Tasha trying to convince Ghost to take the fall for Tariq. I have to laugh! Ghost was actually right, Tariq should turn his little ungrateful ass in. Killing him sister's murderer, plus Ghost up in Albany with influence, could wipe the slate clean with a good deal. Tasha is the biggest hypocrite, as she's hell bent on not letting go of Ghost to live a life outside of the game while also keeping Tariq on the streets under her eye. It's all such a stupid mess. 

I see the show trying to absolve Tariq of Raina's mess by having Ghost!Raina try to clear her brother's name. Sorry but no. 

The thing for me is Ghost needs to lead by example. Tariq needs to turn himself in yet Ghost doesn’t? I mean really?

I don’t see how Ghost said that with a straight face or maybe I do. He’s so full of shit, so full of himself.

• Love 4

Like most of you, I, too saw The Who shot JR storyline coming before this episode and this episode was so over the top and obvious. I’m fine with Ghost being shot and please let his ass be dead. I feel like they’ve been leading up to Tariq killing him but Dre and Paz could be dark horses. Tasha and Sax definitely not. Tommy would’ve lit his ass up and Tate doesn’t have it in him. 

The law enforcement has been so ridiculous that Greg Knox looks like a saint five seasons later. The absurdity of Ghost being a running mate for a high political office insults our intelligence. Does NY really have a running mate for governor? In Tennessee, I couldn’t tell you who our vice governor has ever been and they certainly don’t run as a pair. 

• Love 6

This episode was not nearly as good as I needed it to be. 

I wanted to slap Ghost everytime he said how no one could stop him. And since when would Ghost confess to Tariq?? He isn't just meeting Tariq. He knows that boy is untrustworthy sloppy, slow writing. I'm also very tired of his hallucinations. Can Angela just be dead and GONE already?! 

This episode didn't have enough Tommy for me.  I'm still rolling my eyes at Spanky and Two Bit supposedly thinking Tommy snitched on them.  

I was hoping beyond hope that the showdown would leave Tariq with a fatal stray bullet wound. But you just know they're are trying to leave him alive for the the spin off. But they'll have to miss me with that. I've just about had all the Tariq I can stomach. He needs to die. 

• Love 4

I thought Tariq must've been recording Ghost because he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to expect Ghost to "take the weight" for his dumb ass, right?  As the unrelenting stupidity of this show cascades upon the viewers, my only wish is that Tariq dies or goes to jail.  The only one of Ghost's "You know what your problem is?" conversations I cared for was the one with Tasha.  Stop trying to save Tariq's dumb ass.  He needs to start dealing with the consequences of his actions.

Why would Tommy shoot Ghost at this point?

Dre actually got out of jail?  Again?  C'mon man.

• Love 4

Dre actually got out of jail?  Again?  C'mon man.

Dre might have the best plot armor in the history of TV. Not only does he keep getting out of jail, he keeps going back to doing his dirt. If he's so concerned about his daughter the last thing he should've been doing is going to shoot James. In a few years I hope his daughter and Proctor's kid meet in the foster care system and start comparing notes.

• Love 5

Tasha trying to convince Ghost to take the fall for Tariq. I have to laugh! Ghost was actually right, Tariq should turn his little ungrateful ass in. 

Ghost was on one the entire episode, but I rolled my eyes at "Tariq getting a good deal." Um, you really think your black son is going to get the rich, white, affluenza treatment? Although I agree that Tariq should go down. He's out here trying to be a gangsta, but when it comes on to taking the heat, he runs back his "you may have given me life, but you've never been my fucking father," daddy to take the weight. Punkass. Everyone's hard until the feds come knocking.

And asking Tasha what she was doing at the cemetery? So, she needs permission to visit her own daughter's grave? The grave that you haven't been to since Raina died? Sit down, Ghost. 

Telling Tasha that he's moving on with Ramona, and then petulantly saying "I'm sorry for everything that's happened" had to hurt. I'm sure Tasha feels like a fool for all she went through to get Ghost's attention. Let that be a lesson. When someone doesn't want you, let them go. Tasha would've walked away with nothing financially, but she would've had happiness.

I think Tariq shot Ghost. 

I really hope that this is the last we see of Ghost Angie. I thought Ghost sex was going to happen.

The saddest thing in all of this is that Ramona never got any D. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

The saddest thing in all of this is that Ramona never got any D. 

No Omari Hardwick sex scenes this part of the season, and if he survives, I doubt he'll be fucking much in the back half. It makes sense, but it's truly a shame. Angela and James's sex scenes were hot. Ramona's and James's wouldn't be as hot because there's no love or passion between them (Ramona is thirsty for James; James sees Ramona as a way to gain more power), but at least we might get to see Omari Hardwick's butt.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 2

This episode was terrible.  So James and Tommy were talking then all of sudden they get shot at by....Uncle Gabe.  Why? Then Tommy runs off.  I dont expect reality on this show but we are supposed to believe in this day and age of social media a drug kingpin can run for political office?  Enough with ghost Angie already and ghost Raina.  I would be open to ghost Proctor though.  So I'm sure James is alive since the promo is "Who Shot Ghost!"  So I'm betting he plays dead until he can find out who shot him.  Just canceled my STARZ til January.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vmcd88 said:

So James and Tommy were talking then all of sudden they get shot at by....Uncle Gabe.

What?  Was it really Uncle Gabe?  Gonna have to watch that scene again.

Outside of Warner/Saxe stuff, the episode was so boring.

17 hours ago, andreamf15 said:

This episode didn't have enough Tommy for me.

Shiiiiiiiiit, that's why I watch the show!  Late to the Power party and trying to binge from the beginning.....I usually go straight to the Tommy story lines with his sexy ass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So James and Tommy were talking then all of sudden they get shot at by....Uncle Gabe. 

Over on Reddit they're saying it was Cedric the Entertainer. IMDb lists him as playing a character named Croop. So far I haven't been able to find an explanation anywhere of who Croop was or why he was shooting at Tommy and/or Ghost. Plus there was another shooter, right? Another shooter whose face the audience never saw so that could've been Uncle Gabe. Interesting that the attempted hitters knew where James and Tommy would be. Who would've tipped them off?

The "Who Shot Ghost" was so unoriginal.  I was really hoping that they'd have a ridiculous murder mystery where they thought he was murdered by burning to death in Truth, but it turned out he had also been shot, poisoned, stabbed, suffocated, and tossed off of a roof - just a little bit of something/a parting gift from all the people he pissed off with his superiority and smugness all episode.  

On 11/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So was Det. Blanca deliberately triggering Tate and Angela's sister to go after James? And then suborning perjury from Dre? She's as shady as Saxe.

It definitely felt like Blanca was a different character.  I don't believe for a second that she would use shady police work to further her case or risk damaging her rep as a hard ass, but a fair cop. 

On 11/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yes.  As was her hair!  That's what working in the private sector will get you.  I'm surprised she's still rocking for Saxe though.  He's the reason she lost her job while he got to keep his (even if it was just for a couple more weeks).  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Telling Tasha that he's moving on with Ramona, and then petulantly saying "I'm sorry for everything that's happened" had to hurt. I'm sure Tasha feels like a fool for all she went through to get Ghost's attention. Let that be a lesson. When someone doesn't want you, let them go. Tasha would've walked away with nothing financially, but she would've had happiness.

I actually hated this part. I think Tasha walked away from Ghost a long time ago emotionally- she wasn’t trying to get him back (as a husband) but protect her son and herself and their criminal enterprise. They had that one random sex session back in season 3 but in no way was she actually taking him back or trying to “work it out”. If he wanted to be with Angela fine but she was entitled to the money she had helped him earn. She didn’t want him in prison for Greg’s murder but I don’t think that was because she was in love with him. 
 Ghost was a fucking entitled BRAT with his “I’m releasing you from this marriage”- MOFO left her a long time ago!!! How is he “releasing her”? He cheated on her and LEFT her for his mistress and then didn’t even wanna give her a legit business she helped him run. 

• Love 5

Yes.  As was her hair!  That's what working in the private sector will get you. 

Question about Tameika's hair, fabulous as it is, is it a wig? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure. It didn't look wiggy, and it would be a damn shame if a tertiary character got a great wig, but Naturi Naughton, one of the leads, had to rock the worst wigs ever for years! Hair and makeup stay playing her. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Question about Tameika's hair, fabulous as it is, is it a wig? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure. It didn't look wiggy, and it would be a damn shame if a tertiary character got a great wig, but Naturi Naughton, one of the leads, had to rock the worst wigs ever for years! Hair and makeup stay playing her. 

Naturi's wig in the "Who Shot Ghost" trailer did look better though, so maybe she improved her relations with the styling team over the last couple episodes?

• Love 1

Since the show's ending, I guess it doesn't really matter who shot Ghost.  When they did "Who Shot J.R." on "Dallas", there was anticipation about which murderous character/actor would get the axe.  Here, the consequences will only exist for six more episodes.  And especially since the spinoff is a prequel, I don't know that we're going to see any of these characters again.

Wow. Lot's of hating on Ghost in this thread. I think just the opposite...every single one of those going to shoot or arrest Ghost need to die. Tasha was all about keeping Ghost in the life when he wanted to get legit. Her Terry Silva BS was about going legit...she's a hypocrite. Riq is a spoiled asshole that no one but himself in mind in everything he does. He needs to go down too. Saxe and Blanca are a couple of scheming, dirty, do anything they can to bring a MFer down (legel, illegal, immoral etc). Abuse the law like so many do. That's NOT ok and they both need to go to jail or die. Dre coulda been a cool character but he has proven to be a flip floppin, me first snitch who also needs to die. Tommy has always taken the worst case scenario when listening to sHt about Ghost yet, Ghost still would have his back if he wasn't such a pigheaded chump. Every one of those headin to kill or arrest Ghost need to be gone.