Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, heisenberg said:
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It would make far more sense to kill both Alpha and Beta at the same time.

Just a couple of snipers hiding and waiting for the good moment then they are done.

This would have made all the sense and significantly shortened the entire story, which of course is why they didn't do it.  They could probably assume that the Whisperers wouldn't be bringing their whole walker menagerie with them to the border meeting, so they should have positioned themselves to pick Awful and the crazy wookie off.  Their followers are the very literal definition of followers, so cut off the head and take your chances with the rest of the snake.  At least some of them seem like they might be susceptible to an offer to live like actual people instead of filthy rotting corpses.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

This would have made all the sense and significantly shortened the entire story, which of course is why they didn't do it.

Yeah, just like not even one stray bullet could hit Negan as he stood there with a bull's eye on his chest, cuz - ooops, can't take out Kirkman's macho alter-ego. Ever.

I think maybe with this band of filthy nomads wearing rotten skin, we're expected to believe none of them, save Lydia, has any desire to live like human beings and prefer eating bugs and leaves and being beheaded and flogged and their babies thrown on the ground to be devoured. Makes sense, to someone.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't think they were both together at Pikes Peak.   In fact, I think most of the time whenever the protagonists meet with the Whisperers, only Alpha shows up without Beta.  Beta is nowhere to be found,   There has to be a reason for that.

I was not talking about the meeting, my bad.  They live in an open camp, you just circle it with a few people and when they are together you make the move.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The protagonists would probably have to use a couple of crossbows.   IIRC, Carol didn't have enough bullets to fill up the cylinder in her revolver when she attempted to kill Alpha.

The famous mystery of dissapearing bullets.  Everything is still there to make some but they are now using sticks and crossbow...  While the whisperers have military rifles...😊

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I know Negan is a garbage person... I know he's done a ton of really savage no real redemption shit... That said.. I've always loved him.. Dick jokes.. Peepee pants etc... And I enjoyed him this episode... Never been a carol fan.. Still not a carol fan.. Somehow puts everyone in danger and doesn't even get a slap on the wrist... Then pulls one of my least fav TV tropes the " obviously I'm not fine and pretending so will do harm to me and others but I'll still say I'm fine and no one will really press me on it"

• Love 2
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Carol wasn't doing what was in the best interest of the protagonists, she was looking to get revenge, damn the consequences.  Now I know where Henry got that from

Well frankly the other protagonists are effing stupid, bowing down to Alpha like she is the new Negan. Does anyone here really want another 2 Seasons of Wile. E. Coyote (Rick) vs the Roadrunner (Negan)? Because I don't remember anyone on this forum enjoying that, except for the funny memes the posters came up with.

While I don't agree with how she went about it, I appreciate that someone is there to call the whole thing what it is, bullshit, and willing to do something about it. Hell Carol is not the only one who wants a piece of Alpha/Whisperers. If the protagonists want to sit on their asses, cowing before these weirdos, then let the people willing to do something lose on them. The Whisperers could so easily be defeated. They live out in the open, not a walled off community or in a building. You don't even need guns so much. Dress the part to get close to their camp, scout it out to get the layout. Dress the part and go at night, surround their camp and set the woods on fire. If you can't manage to completely surround them, station people where you couldn't start a fire to pick off the Whisperers running away from the fire. The panic alone will work in your favor. Bonus points for the fire and screams attracting walkers which will make the Whisperers 'magic masks' ineffective. Just deserts to turn their undead army against them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

and this

Me responding...

The problem I have with it is that Carol never told her fellow protagonists what she planned on doing.  I know why she didn't, they wouldn't have gone along with her plan.   Carol wasn't doing what was in the best interest of the protagonists, she was looking to get revenge, damn the consequences.  Now I know where Henry got that from.

Plus, Carol is doped up on caffeine.  She isn't thinking straight.

Once Carol shoots Alpha, then what?   Is it every protagonist for his and herself?

There had to be a better plan than for Carol just to go up there at "Pikes Peak" and kill Alpha.

Once Alpha is killed, that would leave Beta in charge.   I guess that would make him MasterBeta*.  He seems to be far more evil than Alpha.

*  I think Nashville made that MasterBeta joke in the not too distant past.  If that is true, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Carol NEVER thinks about anyone BUT Carol.  Ask Ezekiel.  He lost a son too but she was barely civil to him. 

Henry is just one on a list of kiddies that Carol got killed.  Why is he so special that she would be willing to sacrifice everyone she knows to avenge him?  She saw the herd.  What would the people she claims are her family do if they got loose?  They already spent 44 hours fighting walkers set on them by the Whisperers.

The Whisperers need to be dealt with and as quickly as possible.  But FUCK CAROL for going off and putting Michonne in the position of having to kiss Alpha's ass to make amends.  Carol should have been doing the bowing and scraping, NOT MICHONNE.  But Michonne's got two children to think about.  Carol never thinks about anyone but Carol.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, heisenberg said:

If they keep respect and are ok with it, who cares?  I am single and out of a 15 years relationship.  I have a 43 years old friendship with a girl who just has starting hitting on me.  I don't know what the future is but I won't ban her because of that.

Well, I cared when it happened in my own life--but who advocated banning someone who behaved respectfully? I didn't. I said I liked that Eugene thought about his possible underlying motives behind being her friend, unlike some people who do what Eugene worried he was doing and subsequently act like dickholes when their so-called patience doesn't eventually pay off. I would, of course, not "ban" someone for feelings they might have (for being a douche about it, sure--who needs that kind of headache from a friend who's already been told no?).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Just totally apropos of absofuckinlutely nothing - but what with the CONSTANT black smudging around the eyes and mouth and such, did anybody else besides me ever think Awful is what a crack whore would look like if crack whores didn’t get skinnier than fuck?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, iMonrey said:
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, BellyLaughter said:

Next up for Aaron's arm attachments:  vibrator and pizza cutter.  

When I saw him affix the mace attachment, all I could think of was Gobber from How To Train Your Dragon who has all these different attachments for his left hand

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, nodorothyparker said:

I absolutely hate that the show is obviously working to cram a redemption arc for that monologuing SOB down our throats.

I don't mind that they're leading up to that.  He's bending over backwards to prove he can turn his ways around and be trusted.  His speech to Aaron about the 'guy he used to be' leads me to think that the writers might have him be the one to take out Alpha because she is basically a female version of what he used to be.  Killing her would be some sort of metaphor for killing his 'old self'

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

The thing is they already know how to do this.  They've done it before; the biggest horde was, I think, the quarry walkers they were luring away from Alexandria.  They've used loudspeakers on trucks, they've used guns and firecrackers.  They know this can be done and they know how to do it.  It was, to me, the biggest inconsistency in the episode

THIS!  That's the first thing I said to Mr. Ctlady when this was going on.  After all these years with the way they prep and train, to not have any kind of plan in place to redirect a horde is unbelievable.  But I do wonder if that spartan-esque training from the premier is going to play a factor later

Just a couple of snipers hiding and waiting for the good moment then they are done.

Where's John Dorie when you need him!

Edited by ctlady
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

but what with the CONSTANT black smudging around the eyes and mouth and such,

I asked that very question some time back. I still have no idea. Maybe they found a stash of charcoal or she's just rubbing dirt on her face. I was going to say "soot" but have we ever seen them with a cooking fire going?

1 hour ago, ctlady said:

He's bending over backwards to prove he can turn his ways around and be trusted. 

He's been literally "bending over backwards" since Day 1 and wasn't to be trusted then.:p

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/21/2019 at 2:21 PM, MrPissyPuppy said:

Next up for Aaron's arm attachments:  vibrator and pizza cutter.  

I’m waiting for this one, I’m sure Earl could knock one up,

Then the next time he invites Daryl around for a ‘Meatball supper’ Mmmm,mmmmmmmm 🥰

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 6

His speech to Aaron about the 'guy he used to be' leads me to think that the writers might have him be the one to take out Alpha because she is basically a female version of what he used to be. 

Only in the sense that she is the latest cartoon villain du jour. Otherwise I can't think of a single thing they have in common. Negan was essentially a bully who was drunk on power, whereas Alpha is just batshit crazy. I could sort of understand why people would follow and obey Negan because he offered some measure of protection and community against Walkers, the wilderness and other warring communities, rogues or factions. What the hell does Alpha offer her followers? The chance to dress up in Walker skin and shuffle around in Walker hordes day after day. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The problem I have with it is that Carol never told her fellow protagonists what she planned on doing.  I know why she didn't, they wouldn't have gone along with her plan.

Which is exactly the problem, I get that Carol didn’t do things in the correct manner, she was both right and wrong in the way she approached things, but it shouldn’t have been up to her to do what she did.

It was the nonsense writing the show is ramming down our throats which is the problem, the way our groups are kowtowing to these idiots is insulting to not only their history on the show, but also our intelligence,  we’re expected to believe that this is the way the people we have followed for many years would be behaving now, why has Daryl suddenly become Mother Theresa? Is it now ‘Transformer’ Aaron’s time to pick up Rick’s python and run with it?

• Love 4
On 10/21/2019 at 7:43 AM, icemiser69 said:

They can't do any of that until they get rid of the Whisperers.  I don't think Alpha or Beta would be too happy if the protagonists started to kill off the herd.  The Whisperers have no place to blend in without the herd.

Alpha has this thing for mothers.  Maybe she should start her own mommy's group.

Another episode, no hugging, no kissing, no intimacy.   At some point the protagonists are going to have to start having sex.  That is, if they plan on having anymore generations of protagonists.

Alpha knows that her territory has been crossed into three times.   I am surprised that Michonne hasn't though more about that.  Is there a traitor among them?

I'm voting for Saddiq.  I think he made a deal with Alpha and the reason for his flashbacks is guilt.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The all you can eat invertebrate buffet is a major draw 

Okay so I just watched a video about isopods (which we called "rolypolys" back in the day). Plentiful, although I'm not sure of their nutrional value. We need to see Alpha's minions peeling back the bark of all the dead branches and logs. I mean - WTF are they eating??

50 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I still haven't figured out how Alpha knows that the protagonists have crossed into Whisperers' territory three times.

Simple. "New Rule" of which we have seen many.

10 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm voting for Saddiq.  I think he made a deal with Alpha and the reason for his flashbacks is guilt.  

Yeah, I did mention that. I think he did too, not that I give a rat's ass.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

That's true.  I still haven't figured out how Alpha knows that the protagonists have crossed into Whisperers' territory three times.

Well... the piles of headspiked walkers the prots leave lying around in Whisperer territory whenever they breach the border might have something to do with it....

Protagonists aren't allowed on Whisperers' land.  Does that also mean that Whisperers' can't cross into protagonists' land?

Is this part of that whole “fair” thingie folks keep prattling on about?

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay so I just watched a video about isopods (which we called "rolypolys" back in the day). Plentiful, although I'm not sure of their nutrional value. We need to see Alpha's minions peeling back the bark of all the dead branches and logs. I mean - WTF are they eating??

Simple. "New Rule" of which we have seen many.

Yeah, I did mention that. I think he did too, not that I give a rat's ass.

Sad but true, I too don't give a rat's ass.

During the "suspenseful" previews for next week, I told Mini Persnickety, "Kill 'em all, I have zero fucks to give about any of those characters."  

Not so long ago Sunday nights were *my* night...planning a special menu, having a watch party, watching the previous couple of episodes to get in the mood...  

Now I sometimes get around to watching this dreck a couple of days later.  I found it on my DVR last night and had completely forgotten about it.  I find that really disappointing.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

Looks like AMC is busy rearranging the deck chairs on their own proverbial sinking Titanic:  

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/tv-ratings-the-walking-dead-season-10-premiere-1203363111/

It seems to be the same story every year, but “The Walking Dead” returned for its tenth season on Sunday down significantly in the Live+Same Day ratings.

The show fell 34% in total viewers from its season 9 premiere to 4 million, and declined 42% among adults 18-49 to a 1.4 rating, as well as 35% in AMC’s preferred 25-54 demographic. The previous series lows in the first two metrics were delivered by the penultimate episode of season 9, which was watched by 4.15 million total viewers and posted a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demo.

However, that decline technically isn’t as steep as for last year’s premiere, which was down approximately 50% in the key demo and 47% in total viewers compared to the Season 8 opener.

That's a pretty damned significant decline.  Looks like it's not just we PTV'ers who are less than enthralled with the past couple of seasons.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

During the "suspenseful" previews for next week, I told Mini Persnickety, "Kill 'em all, I have zero fucks to give about any of those characters."  

Same. Unpopular opinion, but I don't give a shit about anyone anymore, including Carol. I stopped caring when all we ever saw of her was tears dripping out of her eyes, a crucifix clutched in her hand while she did uber-badass stuff and now we get her as drug addict (where did that come from?), hallucinating about that irritating little shit, Henry, who I had hoped to never see again. And we get "Mother Teresa" Michonne who just wants everyone to get along and demands that even vile, sadistic and batshit crazy murderers remain untouched.

I always very much enjoyed the Live Chat thread but two weeks ago I couldn't even do that, due to boredom and disgust with what we were presented by Kang and her Posse of Nitwits. But we did get GIANT HOGWEED and yet again Butthole Vision. Wow. It's pretty sad when a forum becomes dedicated to making fun of a formerly enoyable show. 

When you go into a show expecting and anticipating a "so bad it's good" hate watch, like "Aftermath" and enjoy doing so, it's very different than seeing something you actually liked, as I did TWD, deteriorate into an insulting, nonsensical moneygrubbing "We're going to beat the last penny out of this"  trash pile.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Same. Unpopular opinion, but I don't give a shit about anyone anymore, including Carol. I stopped caring when all we ever saw of her was tears dripping out of her eyes, a crucifix clutched in her hand while she did uber-badass stuff and now we get her as drug addict (where did that come from?), hallucinating about that irritating little shit, Henry, who I had hoped to never see again. And we get "Mother Teresa" Michonne who just wants everyone to get along and demands that even vile, sadistic and batshit crazy murderers remain untouched.

I always very much enjoyed the Live Chat thread but two weeks ago I couldn't even do that, due to boredom and disgust with what we were presented by Kang and her Posse of Nitwits. But we did get GIANT HOGWEED and yet again Butthole Vision. Wow. It's pretty sad when a forum becomes dedicated to making fun of a formerly enoyable show. 

When you go into a show expecting and anticipating a "so bad it's good" hate watch, like "Aftermath" and enjoy doing so, it's very different than seeing something you actually liked, as I did TWD, deteriorate into an insulting, nonsensical moneygrubbing "We're going to beat the last penny out of this"  trash pile.

I couldn't agree more.  

I'm even skeptical there are any actual TWD movies starring Andrew Lincoln in production.  Why would the notorious tight-fisted AMC invest money into making movies at this point in the ratings game?  Sometimes I think that was an AMC-machinated pipe dream to appease fans who were upset with Lincoln leaving the show.  "Oh, but wait, he'll be back!"  I could accept these films were being made maybe up until about 3 seasons ago when ratings began to start choking, but now?  They'd be utter fools to spend a lot of money on films perhaps no one by the AMC Prime subscribers would see.  I know I wouldn't pay to watch them...but like I said, I'm not sure they even exist or if such films exist only in the imagination of AMC (kind of like Carol's hallucinations or when you tell an upset kid that Santa will be back next year to calm them down).  

I know shows wind down and every good thing has to eventually come to an end, but it's almost like because of AMC's questionable choices (although the show did manage to survive AMC's firing of Darabont), they've intentionally gone out of their way continuously cut the budget, feed the viewers ridiculous plot lines, pat themselves on the back, and sit back and collect their paychecks as the ratings spiral downward.  

Oh, and Angela Kang, you dipshit...if those were over-the-counter caffeine tablets, they wouldn't have been in amber-colored prescription bottles.  Furthermore, if those were "prescription" bottles, they must have been from about 1981 because they didn't have child-proof tops.  

Kang = Just as a big an egomaniacal dipshit as Gimple (but at least Gimple wrote some outstanding episodes).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Kang = Just as a big an egomaniacal dipshit

She learned to Google far too late. What galls the most are these people raking in the big bucks who sit there with huge, proud  grins and crappy diction, explaining their brilliance in coming up with utter shit. If they aren't embarrassed, I'll be embarrassed for them. OTOH, I guess I'd be trying to line my pockets as fast as possible while I can.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

if those were "prescription" bottles, they must have been from about 1981 because they didn't have child-proof tops.

Everything in the show is from 1981 or lower.  

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

Yeah, like the circa 1962 era towns and prisons. But that didn't matter. I enjoy going to plays, which of course have sets that are less than state-of-the-art and might be downright tacky, but that doesn't matter if there is a a strong story and characters who engage and draw in the audience and make us care about them. This show used to do that, draw us right  into these peoples' lives. We got to know them, to know their feelings, their moral dilemmas, pain, interactions and relationships to each other.

Now all we ever get are dreary, trite monologues and gaggles of new cartoon characters who each have some quirky schtick and for whom we care nothing (I'm speaking for myself here so shouldn't use the royal "we".😏) We don't know any of them and never see anyone have a conversation about anything but the latest Big Bads, strategies and weapons. Well, okay - except for Eugene's unrequited love for Rosita, something in which my interest is in the minus numbers. It's like a video game with bad CGI.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

Good ol' AMC = Cut that budget wherever and whenever possible!  😄  

1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yeah, like the circa 1962 era towns and prisons. But that didn't matter. I enjoy going to plays, which of course have sets that are less than state-of-the-art and might be downright tacky, but that doesn't matter if there is a a strong story and characters who engage and draw in the audience and make us care about them. This show used to do that, draw us right  into these peoples' lives. We got to know them, to know their feelings, their moral dilemmas, pain, interactions and relationships to each other.

Now all we ever get are dreary, trite monologues and gaggles of new cartoon characters who each have some quirky schtick and for whom we care nothing (I'm speaking for myself here so shouldn't use the royal "we".😏) We don't know any of them and never see anyone have a conversation about anything but the latest Big Bads, strategies and weapons. Well, okay - except for Eugene's unrequited love for Rosita, something in which my interest is in the minus numbers. It's like a video game with bad CGI.

@AngelaHunter, does this mean Neil's death meant nothing to you???   😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

@AngelaHunter, does this mean Neil's death meant nothing to you???

Who? Oh, yes. I'm sure the shocking demise of Neil touched each of us deeply and we mourned him each in our own way. R.I.P.

1 hour ago, phoenix780 said:

I have to give them some credit for using an infamous episode of Saved by the Bell as inspiration for a story for Carol.

I never saw that show, but this is hilarious anyway. You take your inspiration where you find it, I guess.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Nashville said:

Well... the piles of headspiked walkers the prots leave lying around in Whisperer territory whenever they breach the border might have something to do with it....

Is this part of that whole “fair” thingie folks keep prattling on about?

Unfair wolves!!!

13 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Good ol' AMC = Cut that budget wherever and whenever possible!  😄  

@AngelaHunter, does this mean Neil's death meant nothing to you???   😂

Who's Neil?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

"Who the fuck is Neil and why are we supposed to care that he was shot???" 

So, for everyone still angry and reeling from the death of Neil, I looked up his biography:

Pre-Apocalypse

Location Unknown

Nothing is known about Neil's life prior to or as the outbreak began.

A sampling of his electrifying appearances:

"Go Getters"

Neil is working out in the yard when Simon and his Saviors enter the town.

"Hearts Still Beating"

Neil is out and about in the yard, helping with the farming

"Mercy"

Neil is present and listens to the speeches given by Ezekiel, Maggie, and Rick before their first attack

And his last known words:

"Damn straight."

—Neil to Jesus in the car

I hope you all can find closure now.

Neil: We hardly knew ye.

neilUnti.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I think I understand the reason Carol focuses on the deaths of characters like Sam and Henry. It's because these are tragedies that she can actually face and still remain mostly functional. It's probably a lot harder for her to look back on the deaths of Rick, Carl, Glenn, Sofia, or Neil.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

This is the first episode where I think they have talked about moving property markers.  I don't think I have seen any markers in any of the past episodes.   Move those markers from where? 

If TWD viewership continues to drop, what is AMC's plan B?  The rest of their programming with the exception of "Better Call Saul" isn't worth watching.

They'd better have Vince Gilligan chained in the basement.

23 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

So, for everyone still angry and reeling from the death of Neil, I looked up his biography:

A sampling of his electrifying appearances:

And his last known words:

I hope you all can find closure now.

Neil: We hardly knew ye.

neilUnti.jpg

Read his bio, studied his pic; still can't place him.  Quelle surprise.  Not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

They'd better have Vince Gilligan chained in the basement.

Read his bio, studied his pic; still can't place him.  Quelle surprise.  Not.

He's really not worth remembering, except the sheer devastation of his death led Maggie to send a wooden box to the Saviors with some sort of warning.  

Pretty snoozeworthy and totally forgettable.  I can't even recall offhand what the warning was but it was when they were housing a bunch of captured/escaped Saviors at Hilltop.   

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

I think I understand the reason Carol focuses on the deaths of characters like Sam and Henry. It's because these are tragedies that she can actually face and still remain mostly functional. It's probably a lot harder for her to look back on the deaths of Rick, Carl, Glenn, Sofia, or Neil.

I see what you did there...  😄 😄 😄

• LOL 4
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

He's really not worth remembering, except the sheer devastation of his death led Maggie to send a wooden box to the Saviors with some sort of warning.  

Pretty snoozeworthy and totally forgettable.  I can't even recall offhand what the warning was but it was when they were housing a bunch of captured/escaped Saviors at Hilltop.   

If you say so ...  ;~)

I must've been on an imaginary blackout when all this transpired.

ETA: 'cause Sunday nights now lead to wishful drinking.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

If you say so ...  ;~)

I must've been on an imaginary blackout when all this transpired.

ETA: 'cause Sunday nights now lead to wishful drinking.

I'm telling ya, @walnutqueen, so many of these episodes just all blend together in my brain that sometimes when they kill off an integral character like Neil, I sit here wondering "Who the fuck was THAT? Have they ever even shown that character before now?"  

I think maybe I need some of whatever Carol was taking to sustain my attention during a full episode.  And wine.  A lot of wine.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I think maybe I need some of whatever Carol was taking to sustain my attention during a full episode.  And wine.  A lot of wine.  

Good plan.  Except that you're likely to die of liver failure long before such remedies make this show palatable again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

That's what I said when Maggie screeched OMG THEY SHOT NEIL!!!!

"Who the fuck is Neil and why are we supposed to care that he was shot???"

Aaahhh the ‘Neil’ incident, one of the worst examples of character assassination ‘Maggie’ and terrible writing the show has ever exhibited. After all that Maggie has seen and done in the past, were expected to believe that when she came upon a tree blocking the road, she merely said stop, and not reverse, or exit the vehicles and take up defensive positions, no, just stop and sit there.

Even when the headlights of the Saviours vehicles appeared at the rear of her stationary column, did she react? No, she just sat in her seat while the Saviours vehicles cruised slowly past her column and took up positions surrounding her, the Saviours being allowed to exit their vehicles and stand pointing weapons at the fools still sat in their cars. 
We then, after our people giving up their weapons, had to endure Forehead Guy murdering Neil, poor old Neil.

As an extra to what I’ve posted above, the fact that Maggie ‘should’ have honestly believed that Negan would have had her killed for her actions, merely enforces my belief that the writing was appalling, so appalling that we’re expected to believe that Maggie would have just sat in her seat to await what punishment those assholes felt like administering, BULLSHIT!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I tried lots of wine, but it didn't work. Yes, we need what Carol is taking, so I think I'll move on to this:

wakeup477.jpg

2 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

We then, after our people giving up their weapons, had to endure Forehead Guy murdering Neil, poor old Neil.

Thanks a lot. Now I'm reliving that tragic moment all over again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The mask just makes her look like a zombie, which haven't been scary for years.

But without it, she looks like she might do anything. 

Like turn on a lightbulb by sticking it in her mouth.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

If Beta never shows his face, it makes it far easier for him to disappear in a crowd by removing his mask.

I think the fact that he’s 6’5” might just give our people a heads up, literally.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

No one knows what Beta looks like under his mask.  Even if he were killed, the protagonists wouldn't know they have killed him.   If Beta never shows his face, it makes it far easier for him to disappear in a crowd by removing his mask.

If TPTB expect I (and every other audience member) will simply accept Beta as the ZA version of the Dread Pirate Roberts, then they can kiss my ass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Isn't he about the same height as Negan?

We saw that he was a head taller than Daryl the day they managed to beat each other's asses but Daryl failed to make sure he was actually dead.

2 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Like turn on a lightbulb by sticking it in her mouth.

PlasticDarlingBuffalo-size_restricted.gif.49b0a9f5113c94d7f6f2ac50692808a1.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 1