Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

If TWD viewership continues to drop, what is AMC's plan B?Β  The rest of their programming with the exception of "Better Call Saul" isn't worth watching.

They are still clinging to the show being the highest-rated show on ad-sponsored cable. Even if those ratings have dropped by 75% since their peak. I guess they will continue to hang their hat on that for as long as they can.

What's so frustrating is that nobody - the network, the producers, etc. - sees the ratings decline as an indication of viewer disinterest or loss of quality. Whenever anyone is asked about it, they always hand-wave it away by chalking it up to different viewing habits, streaming, etc. They seem to believe the show is just as popular as ever and the ratings don't reflect viewer interest.

They're fooling themselves.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Isn't he about the same height as Negan?

I believe Negan is 6'1" so Beta would tower over him and looks to be a lot heavier too. I guess all those bugs, invertebrates and leaves have more calories than I imagined. But yeah, I think getting roles when you're 6'5" may be difficult these days but still I feel sorry for the actor who doesn't even get to show his face.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

We saw that he was a head taller than Daryl the day they managed to beat each other's asses but Daryl failed to make sure he was actually dead.

PlasticDarlingBuffalo-size_restricted.gif.49b0a9f5113c94d7f6f2ac50692808a1.gif

OMG. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ€£

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

We saw that he was a head taller than Daryl the day they managed to beat each other's asses but Daryl failed to make sure he was actually dead.

Well, of course not, because Plot. Daryl beat poor Fat Joey into paste, but didn't bother making sure that the giant, scary monster was dead.

• Love 2

I don't see many skinny cows eating grass, so imagine whatever the Whisperers are eating must be quite filling.

Maybe the Whisperers have developed stomachs with different compartments like cows, to extract maximum benefit from food with few nutrients? They'd have to graze all day but at this point I don't put any wild zaniness past TPTB.

So I guess my thought process of having Beta getting conked on the head and replaced by Negan is a no go.

Whoever wants to conk him on the head will have to get a stepstool to do so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, of course not, because Plot. Daryl beat poor Fat Joey into paste, but didn't bother making sure that the giant, scary monster was dead.

He’s obviously never watched Halloween, Friday 13th etc etc

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They're fooling themselves.

I can’t think of a business that would endure a drop off like thatΒ and not do something radical to try and get things back on track. Maybe the new show is that something, a new target audience with aΒ new set of β€˜heroes’ all their own.

I think most of us that have been there from the beginning have absolutely no interest in watching a bunch of kids, we’llΒ just stick with what we’ve got until we can’t stand it anymore. The movie is going to be important,Β mediocrity will not do, they really do have to get that right

• Love 4
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I can’t think of a business that would endure a drop off like thatΒ and not do something radical to try and get things back on track. Maybe the new show is that something, a new target audience with aΒ new set of β€˜heroes’ all their own.

I think most of us that have been there from the beginning have absolutely no interest in watching a bunch of kids, we’llΒ just stick with what we’ve got until we can’t stand it anymore. The movie is going to be important,Β mediocrity will not do, they really do have to get that right

I'm going to give the first couple of episodes a watch *only* so I can come here and appreciate the snark...and I'm positive that mess is going to extremely snarkworthy.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm going to give the first couple of episodes a watch *only* so I can come here and appreciate the snark...and I'm positive that mess is going to extremely snarkworthy.

I believeΒ that whether a person isΒ a show lover or hater, that they will give the new offering a fair go, we’ll watch and comment uponΒ what we’ve just seen and make comments that are not only fair butΒ appropriate.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
On 10/24/2019 at 3:57 PM, icemiser69 said:

that it was real and not a hallucination where Carol really did killer a Whisperer, now turned walker.

What if the Whisperers don't realize one of them is now a walker, and THAT walker attacks one/some of them when they have let down their guard, as they do when they are amongstΒ themselves.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I believeΒ that whether a person isΒ a show lover or hater, that they will give the new offering a fair go, we’ll watch and comment uponΒ what we’ve just seen and make comments that are not only fair butΒ appropriate.

Having read the above without being under the drunken stupor with which it was obviously written, I apologise, the new show is,  without doubt, to use a quaint English phrase, going to be a complete load of bollocks! 🀒

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, SharonMist said:

What if the Whisperers don't realize one of them is now a walker, and THAT walker attacks one/some of them when they have let down their guard, as they do when they are amongstΒ themselves.

Doesn't matter. There's probably a total of about 20 fauxmbies, from what we've seen.Β But no matter how many of them we see killed onscreen there will eventually be 300 of them when the plot requires. Enemies are like bullets. Or allies. Or... basically any other noun. Are there as many deer as the plot requires? Are there as many helicopters as the plot requires? Fuck it. I just hope that the plot requires as many whales, dolphins, and elephants as possible. Because we know damned well that the humans, in this mythos, can not be salvaged, because their Writer-Gods are fucking idiots.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, SharonMist said:

It wouldn’t be the first or the twentieth time we’ve seen one Walker take out a whole bunch of people. Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 
The infamous β€˜Tobin incident’ at Hilltop was a classic, one man β€˜turning’ resulted in major carnage, it does rely upon the deceased immediately reanimating though, something the show lets slide when required.Β πŸ™„

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5

β€˜itΒ does rely upon the deceased immediately reanimatingΒ though, something the show lets slide when required.’
Β 

Plus leaving all of the doors open and nobody on sentry duty.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Considering Alpha's penchant for making long dull stand-offΒ speeches about what a silent animal she is, I continue to be smitten with the idea of her and her group being wiped out from behind by the deaf girls. Bonus points if they also kill Negan for being an escaped murderer. I don't think Inspector Gadget would tell on them. Hell, I'm not sure he'd even see it happen. Wasn't there a plot point a week or two ago about his eyes getting intoΒ Hogwarts? I guess maybe they're gonna live in the sorting hat, kind of like Coral did?Β 

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 9:05 PM, AngelaHunter said:

But did he start making them (how?) right after Carol arrived by boat, decided she wanted some drugs, sought Eugene out, somehow knew he was an amateur pharmacist (can even professional pharmacists with all manner of modern equipment manufacture drugs from any materials at hand?) and specificially requested he whip up some uppers?

He's like the professor from Gilligan's Island.Β  "Yes ma'am, I can whip you up some top shelf ampetamines from these coconut shells that'll have you running around like a jackrabbit toot sweet".

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, rmontro said:

He's like the professor from Gilligan's Island.

πŸ˜„ Maybe TPTB can take some ideas from this for more of Eugene's contraptions, especially the homemade lie dectector test. They can use it on Negan before letting him loose.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

πŸ˜„ Maybe TPTB can take some ideas from this for more of Eugene's contraptions, especially the homemade lie dectector test. They can use it on Negan before letting him loose.

All those inventions but he couldn't build a boat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

All those inventions but he couldn't build a boat.

β€œYou know, I lived with a guy for years. A real genius. He could take a couple of these pineapples or a couple of coconuts with some strings and wire and make a nuclear reactor. But he couldn't fix a two-foot hole in a boat.”

- Bob Denver, β€œBack To the Beach”

πŸ˜†

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Good lord this show is so boring now. Β Endless dark night scenes. Β Endless talking and rambling about nothing. Β Endless pissing contests between people I no longer care about. Β Endless scenes in the boring country. Β Do the creators of this show ever plan on making it interesting again?

• Love 2

Daryl is a dumbass. Carol had the right idea. Shoot Alpha in the head and that whole whisperer camp will destroy itself in infighting.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, sigmaforce86 said:

The thing is they already know how to do this.Β  They've done it before; the biggest horde was, I think,Β the quarry walkers they were luring away from Alexandria.Β  They've used loudspeakers on trucks, they've used guns and firecrackers.Β  They know this can be done and they know how to do it.Β  It was, to me, the biggest inconsistency in the episode; I get that the first couple of hordes came unexpectedly but I don't understand why they didn't form a plan to have a group ready to lure future waves away.Β  Cannon is once they get moving in a certain direction they'll just keep going until distracted but nobody seemed to even think they should try that even when it's worked for them before.

But you see, the whisperers are magic. Last season we saw that the dead ignore loud noises, when whisperers are amoung them. Because... reasons!

On 10/21/2019 at 5:12 PM, mightysparrow said:

I hate Carol with a passion.Β  She along with Daryl enabled her useless "son"Β  and the end result was ten people getting piked.Β  Now out of nowhere she becomes a drug addict.Β  No real build up to that.Β  Where did she get the pills?

I think ten people getting piked happened because off-screen nobody can hear you scream and so you can get abducted from a crowded fair.

On 10/21/2019 at 4:09 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Did she sail someplace far, far away where there's a stash of unexpired pills?

I mean it has to be Amphetamins right? That stuff basically doesn't expire (even if the label says otherwise). Every 10 years it loses like 5% effectiveness, but that's about it.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:12 PM, Nashville said:

...which is exactly why TPTB should’ve hooked Eugene up with the deaf woman, not Daryl. πŸ˜‰Β 

I still hope that Daryl deaf woman thing doesn't happen. Daryl went so long without somebody that I was sure the asexuals would finally get some rep.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:30 PM, iMonrey said:

It's not like The Whisperers have magic powers, anyone could do what they're doing!

Are you sure? Some things they do can only be explained by magic... or bad writing.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Some of it sure, came across like a very special Saved By the Bell episode about the dangers of popping pills.Β 

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... scared. 😭

On 10/21/2019 at 11:34 PM, BellyLaughter said:
On 10/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, MrPissyPuppy said:

Next up for Aaron's arm attachments:Β  vibrator and pizza cutter.Β Β 

The ladies of Season 1 would be grateful...

I don't think that one would be for the ladies...

Β 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1