Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

On 8/17/2024 at 9:35 AM, ginger90 said:

I am inclined…..🤣🤣

I can’t vouch for Zillow’s estimate, but I can say I’ve sold two houses, and they both sold within a few dollars of the Zillow estimate at the time.

On realtor.com the estimate is, $381,023.

IMG_7613.jpeg

Thank you!  A nice chunk of change in just a short while!

• Like 1

budgeting.thenest.com/

Medical Deduction

If your doctor has recommended that you install a pool to help treat or prevent a specific illness and provides a note to back up this claim, you may be able to deduct the construction and maintenance costs of your pool. You’ll need to build it to treat a specific illness, though, not just as an all-around health enhancer. A pool for swimming laps to stay trim won’t qualify, but one built for a multiple sclerosis patient to undergo aquatic therapy might. Even if your pool qualifies as a medical expense, the Internal Revenue Service only allows you to claim any construction costs that exceed the amount the pool would increase your home’s value. So if you spend $20,000 to build a pool that increases your home’s value by $17,000, you can only claim a $3,000 deduction

• Useful 3

My husband had some back surgery a few years ago and when we bought a hot tub, his doc wrote a Rx for it and we didn't have to pay taxes on the tub, but that is the only deduction we received,    

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you!  A nice chunk of change in just a short while!

Not when you think about how much money they put into the house - not including the pool.

The changed the flooring, had a huge plumbing problem, painted the complete interior, put up a fence and landscaped in the front. Oh and added some jeep contraption in the garage.

They probably sunk at least $20,000 into the house and the in first decade or so most of the mortgage payment goes toward the interest.

Then add the pool...

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Carlin posted a story this morning, in the middle of her traveling to Vegas.  It was video from the plane of the clouds below and had the song "Flowers in the Valley" playing.  She wrote how the song had been a comfort to her as she had shed many tears "this week".  

Hmmm, maybe a miscarriage.   

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Useful 5
13 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Carlin posted a story this morning, in the middle of her traveling to Vegas.  It was video from the plane of the clouds below and had the song "Flowers in the Valley" playing.  She wrote how the song had been a comfort to her as she had shed many tears "this week".  

Hmmm, maybe a miscarriage.   

When would she have had time?  Didn't they attend Jana Duggar's wedding?  And now, just a few days later, they're off to Vegas.  Carlin takes as many vacations as JRod.

I would hope, that if she did have a miscarriage, she might stay at home to rest and recover for a few days.  Gallivanting off to Vegas right after visiting Arkansas is not great for recuperation.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I'm just speculating.  I don't know why she shed many tears "this week."  Her stories before and after never indicated anything was wrong.  Maybe they were tears of joy for how great her life is.  

Maybe enough of her followers will DM her asking her and then she will share.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not when you think about how much money they put into the house - not including the pool.

The changed the flooring, had a huge plumbing problem, painted the complete interior, put up a fence and landscaped in the front. Oh and added some jeep contraption in the garage.

They probably sunk at least $20,000 into the house and the in first decade or so most of the mortgage payment goes toward the interest.

Then add the pool...

They also re-did a lot of the first floor, including removing more of the wall between the living room and kitchen. Some work was done in the kitchen and the fireplace surround as removed and replaced too. There was also new concrete in the backyard to expand the patio. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

Maybe enough of her followers will DM her asking her and then she will share.  

I'm sure Carlin is counting on exactly that.  Gotta keep the fans hooked on the next chapter in the soap opera.  Just like they did with Carlin's seizures last year.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I'm sure Carlin is counting on exactly that.  Gotta keep the fans hooked on the next chapter in the soap opera.  Just like they did with Carlin's seizures last year.

Well, she’ll certainly claim that she got “so many questions” about it 😆

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Knowing Carlin, it's clickbait. She needs engagement, so she posts something cryptic so her fans can ask if she's okay. She's living it up in Vegas right now, whatever happened couldn't have been too upsetting. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7720.jpeg

All I can picture is that mound of dirt gradually slipping into the pool bit by bit. Not to mention the leaves in the fall, any kids' toys left out on the hill, and, of course, the inevitable toddler on a tricycle.

• Like 6
(edited)

That backyard is absolutely hideous and the pool is too small for a slide. If you look at how far the tanning ledge extends out, there's barely any room to swim. I also love the clip of Layla and Zade playing with the water spout. Great feature to have that draws small children right to the edge of the pool! Safety first!

Also, not sure if any of you are on Reddit, but it was recently discovered Josie and Kelton purchased five acres of land for 284k. Should we start the countdown for Carlin whining that she needs more space? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
(edited)

So essentially they built a putting green with a water hazard for Evan?

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

That backyard is absolutely hideous and the pool is too small for a slide. If you look at how far the tanning ledge extends out, there's barely any room to swim. I also love the clip of Layla and Zade playing with the water spout. Great feature to have that draws small children right to the edge of the pool! Safety first!

Also, not sure if any of you are on Reddit, but it was recently discovered Josie and Kelton purchased five acres of land for 284k. Should we start the countdown for Carlin whining that she needs more space? 

I cringe watching Alyssa's kids because they run around the sides of the pool without any adult saying no. I can just imagine Layla and Zade who are even more feral. 

I can guarantee that before the pee is dry on the stick, Carlin will be whining like Katie that it won't be fair for the kids to have to share rooms and they need a bigger place. 

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Ugh, this is awful. First the whole thing is ugly and more importantly Carlin still hasn't mentioned a fence. She likely thinks her kids can swim - because swimming lessons, and likely thinks they'll "obey" and not go near the pool without an adult.

I so hope they a super pool safe with their kids, but I have so many doubts.

• Like 13
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Where's the swingset? Evan err Zach spent a day assembling the thing, now it's gone missing. 

It’s going over in the corner toward the garage.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is it me or does this look like a kitchen sink? 

Oh my gosh, I can't unsee it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

So essentially they built a putting green with a water hazard for Evan?

Pretty much. At least the putting green should get plenty of use, it's not like Evan has a job to report to. 

• LOL 6

i don't think its all that bad as everyone here does. they need to plant ground cover on the slope right away, for sure, but in general, its not unattractive. its more pool than i have!!!  now, i definitely can appreciate the concerns about the safety of the kids around it and will hope for the best in the regard. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope they have a gardener.

Lazy and Lazier sure as shit won't do it themselves. Maybe they can make their four-year-old and two-year-old do it. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope they have a gardener.

I hope they have a lawyer. Grass isn't going to help the drainage issue they have created. It wouldn't be great for the pool but I hope most of the runoff goes there rather than the "downstream" neighbor's yard.

I went back to find video of their backyard. Previously it had sloped sides. The side to the right as you step out the back has always been steep. It looks slightly less steep. The area where the pool is located sloped back toward the wooded area and seemed to carry water away from the house and neighbor on the dining room side of their house. That slope is now flattened to make room for the pool and putting green. Water is going to follow the easiest path and that tends to be downhill. I'm sure we will be seeing soon what things look like toward that one neighbor but for now I'm seeing red flags. 

My guess is that if they didn't do anything to improve the slope, water in the rear of the yard may end up pooling around the golf area or going across it to a lower area. The slope near the slide and coming toward the house is worrisome because it could now create leakage into the garage or their kitchen/dining. They might have installed piping underground along the edge of the patio, but I'm doubting it. 

For a pool it is nice enough (still not a fan of pools). There's just nothing natural about their backyard at all. It looks rather cramped. To me a pool is nicer when it is like an oasis that blends into the surroundings versus something slapped down like you are playing the Sims. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I think short of a crazy rainfall, no extra run off will reach their neighbors, but could possibly become a problem for the Stewarts' home.

My concern would be the neighbors 'uphill' from them might lose some lawn and their fence if the grass isn't enough to retain the soil now that it reaches a partial level plain and much less soil/absorbent ground where the pool is.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 8/24/2024 at 7:24 AM, GeeGolly said:

I think short of a crazy rainfall, no extra run off will reach their neighbors, but could possibly become a problem for the Stewarts' home.

My concern would be the neighbors 'uphill' from them might lose some lawn and their fence if the grass isn't enough to retain the soil now that it reaches a partial level plain and much less soil/absorbent ground where the pool is.

I would agree but that neighborhood has some drainage issues already. Some of the lots are very rocky and drainage has been a problem. I would not have messed with it. Given the flooding that has been going on in East Tennessee recently, I would be giving them a side eye if I lived "downstream." I'd also worry (as you said) about the stability of the land of their upper neighbors. If I was Carlin and Evan, I wouldn't have avoided this in the first place. But if I found myself in this mess, I would look at rain garden techniques such as plantings, sand, and rocks to direct the water behind the putting green. It would potentially be a nicer view from the pool than a wall of grass.

• Like 5

No retaining wall at the far end?! That pool is going to be a mucky mess with the amount of runoff that's going to flow down from that slope. 

I wonder if the builder advised them to put one in and E&C declined? They don't seem to be making wise decisions with this backyard. 

• Like 8

I remember at one house my parents had slope down to the pool surround.  They had a nice retaining wall topped by what was designed to look like a raised bed planter.  It not only kept runoff from getting to the pool, but improved the look of the pool area.  Something like that would work perfectly for Carlin's yard.  

• Like 9
(edited)

Carlin  said her brother was installing a higher lock “on the door”. The thing is, they don’t  have only one door leading outside. Perhaps she meant multiple. They are also going to be installing a pool alarm.

I forgot to mention they are also going to be getting a pool cover. She didn’t say a safety cover, she said for leaves.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Carlin  said her brother was installing a higher lock “on the door”. The thing is, they don’t  have only one door leading outside. Perhaps she meant multiple. They are also going to be installing a pool alarm.

I forgot to mention they are also going to be getting a pool cover. She didn’t say a safety cover, she said for leaves.

Even if they put better locks on every door to the outside, they must also be committed to watching their kids like hawks every moment they are in the back yard, especially since their swingset is steps away from the pool.  And a pool alarm is only as effective as the adults monitoring it.  If Evan is in the midst of getting footage of Carlin for the web, will either one stop immediately and check the pool right away if the alarm sounds?  I expect they'll finish up with their own stuff first since, of course, they will tell the kids not to go outside and all kids are completely obedient.  And they need content and it's probably a false alarm and the dog ate their homework.

The only proper protection for their kids, other than not building a pool until they're older and can swim well; is to place a sturdy fence too tall for kids to climb over around the entire thing and have the only entrance be through a gate that is always locked.  Looking at the layout, I don't see room for that, nor do I think Evan would agree to disrupting his view from the putting green and life is all about Evan and Carlin, not their kids/

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Their talk of the hot tub is legit cracking me up. 

"Our pastor got one..." Yes, that's who I want to follow for luxury items - the freaking pastor of the church.

"Warden showed up so we got him to get in too."

"Katie can't wait to be able to get in it when she is not pregnant. We're going to party." Yes, because my idea of a party for Evan is him, his wife, his sister-in-law, and two brothers-in-law. All in a bowl of human soup - I mean hot tub. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7840.jpeg

I read too many mysteries and watch too much true crime.  My first thought when seeing this picture was it looked like someone was stabbed.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
12 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

Their talk of the hot tub is legit cracking me up. 

"Our pastor got one..." Yes, that's who I want to follow for luxury items - the freaking pastor of the church.

"Warden showed up so we got him to get in too."

"Katie can't wait to be able to get in it when she is not pregnant. We're going to party." Yes, because my idea of a party for Evan is him, his wife, his sister-in-law, and two brothers-in-law. All in a bowl of human soup - I mean hot tub. 

What a cool pastor!  Disneyland and now hot tub!  What's next!  Tithing must be way up at his church!

Would like to see the house where he rests his weary bones after working so hard every day!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

I hope they all enjoy the folliculitis they will all undoubtedly develop because no way are these lazy assholes cleaning the thing properly, unless they con someone else into doing it.

Even more fun stuff you can get from hot tubs. I guess it's a good thing the Stew idiots have two bathrooms. 

Edited by Heathen
To correct spelling, because I'm not a fundie
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
41 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I hope they all enjoy the folliculitis they will all undoubtedly develop because no way are these lazy assholes cleaning the thing properly, unless they con someone else into doing it.

Even more fun stuff you can get from hot tubs. I guess it's a good thing the Stew idiots have two bathrooms. 

My love affair with hot tubs ended when I was working out at a hotel gym.  A guy got off the treadmill drenched in sweat, proceeded to the pool area and hopped into the tub. No pre-shower, no changing clothes, nothing. 🤢

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 8