Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

a) for attention / pretend to be a caring mother, b) because there's nowhere else to sit *pout*, c) maybe, but short staffed / overworked means probably not a battle they want to fight

I imagine it's gonna be 5 days of party party go go go cor the poor nursing staff.

• Like 11

Have we heard where Layla and Zade are? Obviously KJ isn’t taking care of them. Are they with Evan’s parents? And how soon til Carlin cries about missing her babies? I’m assuming the hospital doesn’t allow kids to visit her.

• Like 7

Kelly was there to have her picture taken and maybe to dip into Evan's bag of snacks. Evan was there to tell the doctors how to do their job and have 5 days with nothing to do but goof off and have no responsibility for child care. Kelly and Evan should look around the room and see that there is just one chair. Hospitals do not want multiple people in rooms especially if they are testing. It's not party time.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 11
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin couldn't take the tags off her clothes before packing?

And didn't she just post like a month ago about often having low key seizures that she needs a least a day to recover from?

Yep.  But her lifestyle never did fit that confession.  

• Like 8
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Kelly was there to have her picture taken and maybe to dip into Evan's bag of snacks. Evan was there to tell the doctors how to do their job and have 5 days with nothing to do but goof off and have no responsibility for child care. Kelly and Evan should look around the room and see that there is just one chair. Hospitals do not want multiple people in rooms especially if they are testing. It's not party time.

The party atmosphere in her room solidifies my belief that the doctor ordered the five-day EEG to shut Carlin up. I think she and Evan complained until they got what Carlin wanted, which is more attention. If the test were really needed, and I think the doctors know that, it would 1. Have been done long ago, and 2. Not be treated like a birthday party. 

You can never convince me that doctors don't order tests that are not needed, especially for a certain demographic, while others go without because they are not taken seriously. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

These people are so insufferable. Patient's mother visits, fine, normal. Patient's mother visits and GETS IN BED with a blanket, shoes and socks off, and is lying there SCREAMING on speaker phone (bc that woman can't talk in an inside voice) on a call with another daughter, which she surely could have done at home lying in her own bed!?

They're being super quiet about this whole thing with maybe 1 post a day, but let's be real it's bc they're saving the content for this week's YT as they desperately need a week with 200k views.

Hope they realize though as much as they treat everything like "party party" and push into everyone else's events bc they are so bored in their own lives - ahem showing up in Whit's hospital room daily at noon and leaving at 11 pm - I hope they realize that no one else cares to disrupt their lives for C&E. I mean day two - we haven't seen Whit spending the days there, we haven't seen Michael stop by with dinner (though I imagine she might do that once this week quietly - unless she's got the kids).

And as for the creepy pastor my God C&E when you get home, maybe start teaching your 3.5 year old something about stranger danger, boundaries etc. If you'll note in that video, the pastor is playing with Layla in a way that seems too familiar - yet LAYLA is the one who goes "tickle tickle" and tickles him and then that gives him license to start tickling her!? WTF. And it's not like this happened when the parents didn't see it - they were standing their filming the whole thing. Of course they think this is the cutest thing in the world - look at her lovely relationship with a man of God. Yep men of God have never been known to be inappropriate in any way . . . . And this particular man of God was holding your daughter between her legs with an arm up the back of her dress like a year ago . . . . So yeah maybe do something about that other than - aw Godly white men would NEVER hurt my kid . . . .

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3

I think Michael may be watching Josie’s kids, the Balka’s are on their anniversary cruise in Europe, unless Josie isn’t posting in real time. And isn’t there a wedding this month? Jackson? IDK too much to keep track of. So don’t know who has the Stew Crew kids.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think Michael may be watching Josie’s kids, the Balka’s are on their anniversary cruise in Europe, unless Josie isn’t posting in real time. And isn’t there a wedding this month? Jackson? IDK too much to keep track of. So don’t know who has the Stew Crew kids.

I think Jackson's wedding is in about 10 days, so plenty of time for Josie and Kelton to be able to attend. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I want to go back to that fashion crime they committed at whatever wedding that was.  First there's Evan.  Starting at the top, that jacket is way to small.  If the button popped off, it would put someone's eye out.  Then he is wearing a white T-shirt under it.  Does he own no dress shirts?  Not sure if the pants are also as tight since I had no interest in looking that closely, but they were the wrong length as usual.  And then there were the tennis shoes.  Even a pair of loafers would have looked better.

As for Carlin, that dress was ill fitting and inappropriate.  She doesn't need to wear a sack, but at least cover the cash and prizes.  Sheesh.

Good luck to the staff in that hospital.  I'm sure they will be happy when these five days are over.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, clueless101 said:

Go home Evan.  Be a man and take care of your kids

Lol. This is HIS one week break from the kids. I mean C&E's parenting is pretty much parking them in front of the TV or a workbook all day and throwing snacks at them when they whine and now for a whole week he doesn't even have to do that!?

He hasn't said his parents are in town/kids are in Nashville (though they could be saving these details for YT) so I imagine they're Addie/Ellie/Callie's problem this week at G&K's house. Josie was gushing about Michael being an angel, totally spoiling her kids etc. so I imagine Michael only has Josie's kids, not Josie + Carlin. And as an aside it's nice that Josie gushed on IG (though never said the name MICHAEL, just "my sister" over and over), but if I were Michael I'd be expecting a nice present from Europe for my week of labor, not just an IG video - lol.

• Like 11
33 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Since C&E are at the hospital, are Whit and Zach working extra at BSB? Who’s watching their kids? Maybe Jeb and Jud? We all know KJ and Gil aren’t doing any babysitting. 

I think Whit's mom helps her out quite a bit. 

Just now, AstridM said:

Shouldn’t he be home WITH HIS KIDS?

He absolutely should be, but this is a guy who threw away his electrician training to be a goofball on YouTube. Responsibility ain't his strong suit. I could understand Evan stopping by the hospital for a few hours a day to spend time with Carlin and alleviate the boredom, but camping out there 24/7 is ridiculous.

With regards to Michael, it's interesting how she's always with Josie's and Tori's kids but never Evan and Carlin's. I wonder if it's because she and Carlin aren't close or whether Layla's lack of routine makes it too much of a headache. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I am guessing that Josie pays Michael to watch her girls. So they are always at the head of the line and she watches other nieces and nephews as time permits. I 

I think Josie has more of a routine than C&E so her kids are probably easier. Layla and Zade sleep wherever, whenever and have no set schedule. If Michael watches Hazel and Willow every week for a day or 2 they are much more comfortable with her than L&Z would be, since it doesn’t seem like they spend as much time with her.

• Like 3

I think some sisters are closer to some sisters, which makes sense, but Carlin never was part of any of the pairings growing up. She's clung to Whitney since day 1. Also, I think Carlin has gone a step farther than not nurturing her sister friendships, I think she has hurt some of her sisters. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think Josie has more of a routine than C&E so her kids are probably easier. Layla and Zade sleep wherever, whenever and have no set schedule. If Michael watches Hazel and Willow every week for a day or 2 they are much more comfortable with her than L&Z would be, since it doesn’t seem like they spend as much time with her.

No doubt this is true but also Josie seems to understand that taking the girls to work with her is not conducive to being productive. She seems to have  understood this from day one and was most likely proactive in making an arrangement with Michael before Carlin had Layla. Tori never seemed to have any desire to work outside the home and so her babysitting needs are only occasional.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Since C&E are at the hospital, are Whit and Zach working extra at BSB? Who’s watching their kids? Maybe Jeb and Jud? We all know KJ and Gil aren’t doing any babysitting. 

Doesn't Whit and Zach do most of the work already?  If anything, maybe they'll be working a bit less than normal because C & E aren't there 'helping'

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

You guys are kinder than me - Layla strikes me as a bit feral as she gets older. I'm not blaming the child bc she's just a child. It's her idiot parents who have given her zero schedule or structure. I guarantee they just park her in front of the TV all day - or these days in front of a workbook. I also guarantee that she's the kind of kid that tantrums/acts out to get their attention so then they take a pic or make a video to show they are paying attention to her + shove Fritos, Doritos etc. at her to shut her up and get her back to the TV so they can lay around on their phones. From what we've seen of Michael with her nieces/nephews/siblings when she has them over, she runs a tight ship. From x time to y time we do this activity, then we eat lunch, then we nap etc. I can see Layla melting down at least at first and needing more 1:1 attention that Michael could provide esp with Zade too.

In the long run yeah it would've been great for Layla to have the structure of Aunt Michael watching her and doing school with her 2-3 days/wk or whatever Josie has. I mean Layla tends to be GIDDY when they are going to Evan's parents' house and sadly once when asked what she looked forward to doing with Nene her responses were like brushing her teeth, nap time etc. Like the kid is practically saying "I need structure."

I think it's no accident why Josie's kids are so far along, while you can still barely understand Layla when she speaks. I mean yeah Josie/Kelton pay them attention but it's not like they're ignored all day 2-3 times/wk by Michael either. I think Michael has showed before that at big sale times like Black Friday, back to school etc., she spends money to buy all kinds of projects/arts and crafts etc. to do with the kids she babysits - which I think is Josie's kids a few days a week and then also a non-family kid on other days.

8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

How much work is BSB to begin with?? While they want to act like they're running a Macy's or Kohls with a constant barrage of orders, give me a break. They'd be lucky if 20 orders need to go out in a week. It's the type of store that already doesn't need 4 adults + whatever employees they have. So I'm sure Carlin/Evan disappearing for a week is NBD.

Plus with the strategic acumen of these owners, they'll start ordering and promoting attire suitable for Christmas gifting like on November 15.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

I could be wrong but think Michael puts her foot down with Carlin and Evan knowing if she didn't they would take advantage of her and dump their kids on her all the time. Just like they do with Evan's parents. They probably wouldn't dump them on his parents' so often if they had someone else nearby that they could do that. They can't use her parents' because Gil and Kelly don't care and don't do anything and Callie, Ellie and Addie are busy helping out Alyssa, Katie and who knows who else take care of their kids, cook and clean to dump Layla and Zade on.  

• Like 7

I imagine there’s also the matter of payment. My sense is that for the kids Michael watches regularly x number of days per week (J’s kids and the other non family kid), it’s a paid nannying job much like she had pre marriage. They’ve never clarified it but it’s been insinuated by Josie rudely referring to her as “the sitter” (though she’s backed off that a bit bc she said it pretty crassly once and within hrs Michael posted pics of having taken Willow/Hazel someplace that day and Josie had to awkwardly gush about how great Aunt Michael is) and Michael has suggested it too - that she uses some of her earnings to buy games, art supplies etc for the kids.

I can’t see C&E being willing to pay a dime - they’d expect Michael to watch their kids anytime for free if Michael hadn’t put down boundaries/let it be known this is a nanny gig with specific days and prices. I mean Evan crows about how going to his parents is the best bc free lodging, free food, hell he even lines up behind his sisters at Sbux so they’ll buy his coffee. Yeah so he ain’t the kind of guy paying anyone for childcare.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, cereality said:

I imagine there’s also the matter of payment. My sense is that for the kids Michael watches regularly x number of days per week (J’s kids and the other non family kid), it’s a paid nannying job much like she had pre marriage. They’ve never clarified it but it’s been insinuated by Josie rudely referring to her as “the sitter” (though she’s backed off that a bit bc she said it pretty crassly once and within hrs Michael posted pics of having taken Willow/Hazel someplace that day and Josie had to awkwardly gush about how great Aunt Michael is) and Michael has suggested it too - that she uses some of her earnings to buy games, art supplies etc for the kids.

I can’t see C&E being willing to pay a dime - they’d expect Michael to watch their kids anytime for free if Michael hadn’t put down boundaries/let it be known this is a nanny gig with specific days and prices. I mean Evan crows about how going to his parents is the best bc free lodging, free food, hell he even lines up behind his sisters at Sbux so they’ll buy his coffee. Yeah so he ain’t the kind of guy paying anyone for childcare.

Carlin and Evan strike me as the type of people to always owe you lunch, or always forget to pay you back for the time they forgot their wallet.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Carlin and Evan strike me as the type of people to always owe you lunch, or always forget to pay you back for the time they forgot their wallet.

Yea, I wonder how it works with C&E and Katie & Travis. When the Stewarts go to NJ do the Clarks pay for everything? When the Clarks come to TN do C&K pay? And even if C&E do pay in TN, they hardly do anything, plus the Clarks don't say for weeks at a time.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, zenme said:

It wouldn't surprise me. There was a reason Trace quoted them an insanely high estimate to do work on their house. He clearly didn't want the job, which makes me wonder if E&C have a reputation within the family. They made one visit to Alyssa's and haven't been invited back since. Throw in what Evan said about his sisters and Michael never taking the kids, and a pattern starts to emerge. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yea, I wonder how it works with C&E and Katie & Travis. When the Stewarts go to NJ do the Clarks pay for everything? When the Clarks come to TN do C&K pay? And even if C&E do pay in TN, they hardly do anything, plus the Clarks don't say for weeks at a time.

It'll be interesting to see if things cool off now that Katie has a baby to occupy her time.. I think C&E wore out their welcome when they stayed so long for Hailey's birth. Part of that was Katie's fault because she rushed everyone up there when she wasn't actually in labor, but after she was settled at home, the Stewarts should've taken their cue to leave. Travis probably picked up the tab for groceries and takeout, which on one hand makes sense, but I could see him getting annoyed once he realized E&C were there more to party! party! rather than help his wife. 

• Like 8

And as we guessed, there will be a whole video this weekend about the test. They must have finally realized if they post too much on Instagram no one will watch YouTube. I think they are desperate for clicks and the only thing they have to post about is Carlin’s health. The rest of their videos are now as boring as Alyssa’s.

• Like 9
On 10/3/2023 at 5:15 PM, cereality said:

So Carlin has checked in for the 5 day EEG - showed herself packing, her and Evan driving early this morning, so I guess they're halfway thru day 1 now.

Honestly I don't think she'd ever push Evan towards a 40 hr job, nor would he take one up; though I guess maybe if things got desperate, she could push him to take on video editing from home, but those are contract gigs and hardly 40 hrs/wk.

I feel like whatever her anxieties/co-dependencies/fears of her man being out of her sight (maybe bc of Bobby) are, she simply cannot/will not deal with him having a 40 hr/wk job outside the home.

I do think though as they fall further and further behind Josie and Katie in terms of vacations, spending on those vacations, Josie/Katie likely will upgrade to McMansion type homes soon -- I fully expect Carlin to start the bullshit regarding living the #simplelife blah blah, as she gets more and more frustrated. Same thing Erin started doing when she was clearly resentful of Alyssa getting the big house and perfectly matching dresses for her girls weekly - it was all this IG bullshit re how her kids live the simple life and know how to have fun running barefoot in a field etc. Reality is though, Erin was willing to separate herself from social media/IG and live her own life and seems like she's not in touch with her sisters' lives moment to moment and seems reasonably ok with the life she and Chad have. 

Carlin & Evan OTOH aren't going to be genuinely content. They'll sit there being resentful and then be running off to the Stewarts all the time to escape their own lives.

I def think their income is down. I mean look at the YT hits. They aren't even holding 100k views consistently nowadays on a weekly basis with their boring ass videos - that means they're looking at UNDER $500/wk coming in from YT!? At its peak when they made decisions that Evan didn't have to actually hold down a job, they were making about $1000/wk.

Carlin is also a LOT quieter on shilling right now. Shilling begets shilling - when you are making sales for the company, they keep you around; when you aren't, they drop you FAST on IG. It's not shocking that her stats are down bc as you say, people are hurting because of inflation - they're less apt to pick up some overpriced make up item weekly bc Carlin said so.

To me the vacation where they basically ate chips and uncrustables the whole time kind of suggested that times are a bit tougher. And you're right it could be that the 100k car, bought right when their income started going down is pinching.

It's interesting that they don't even have the maturity or awareness to admit that the life they've set up may not be forever. I mean as much as Katie also NEEDS Trav at home just like Carlin, it is interesting that Trav has said more than once that it's great to "work" with Katie right now and both be home together all day but he admits it may not be forever. Which is so super interesting bc given that Trav has the family school, if all the IG/YT income went away, he's clearly still getting monthly checks from the family business, so he won't ever HAVE TO work like Evan likely will. I mean Trav working could just be like teaching a music class or being choir director at the school - the type of job that takes a few hrs/day max and Katie can even come watch. But he at least admits the issue - that staying home 24-7 may not be forever.

I do have two friends that have monetized Youtube channels as a Side Hustle to their full time jobs and I did ask them about how much they make, etc.

Both of them told me it depends on their Adsense program when they get set up to be monetized.  Some programs pay out more then others.   So both of my friends told me that they get $7 per 1000 views on a video.   So the secret is either making videos that will become viral or making more videos per month.

And that both of them find out between the 7th and 10th of each money how much their payout will be from the previous month.. and that payout comes on the 21st for US residents and 22nd for Canadian residents.

And one does sponsorships on a video.. but because each of their videos gets around 10K... the sponsor will pay them only $100.  The higher the views on average, the more money sponsors will give you in order to shill out their product.

C & E seem to have decent views on their videos so they probably on adsense can make up around 3 to 5K (pre-tax).  I wonder if C & E know how to do taxes because when tax time comes, YT money usually is declared as a 1099.  

A lot of times if you do videos on topics trending (i.e. the taste test video), have a consistent posting schedule, and your videos are around 15 minutes or longer then that will help get picked up by the YT Algorithms quicker.   With that said, I am surprised that Katie/Travis seem to get the most views per video then the rest of the siblings though.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

I watched the new Stew Crew video.  There was exactly zero reason for Evan to stay in that hospital with Carlin 24/5.  The hospital staff tried several different things with Carlin to try to induce a seizure, to no avail.  The neurologist doesn’t think she’s epileptic.  I didn’t hear them say whether or not she’s supposed to keep taking the seizure medication, but they took her off all meds in the hospital, and she still didn’t have a seizure.  In the video’s comment section, there are people who think that Carlin having an epidural during labor is the cause of all of her problems.  I have to go take a nap now.  Watching that video made me sleepy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Ah yes, the Gil Bates School of Financial Management. 

Lulz!!!! I was scrolling really fast and read that as "the Bill Gates School of Financial Management." 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm like, wtf, how is someone that rich skipping out on hospital bills!." 

I noticed that Carlin thanked her friend for watching the kids. I know Carlin is an attention seeker, but it's pretty damn pathetic Kelly won't step up to the plate and help with her own grandchildren. She is NOT that busy. 

• Like 11

Such a shocker. For the past 18 months Carlin seems to have reported some kind of episode weekly. According to her the episodes became less severe and less frequent while on the meds, yet somehow, while off the meds in the hospital nothing happened.

Of course she never seemed to have any episodes while carrying a kid, while swimming, jumping off cliffs, at a baseball game, on a plane, on a cruise, during a haircut or manicure, etc.

Again, such a shocker.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

That video was like watching paint dry and all I could think was - did they just drop $300 this week for the 2 of them to have breakfast/lunch/dinner out for 5 days?? Every morning Evan is running someplace to get them fancy acai bowls that had to be at least $10-12/bowl. Then Sonic/fast food for lunch and dinner daily. At one point Evan "complains" that he spent $4 to get one bag of vending machine Fritos for Carlin bc the machine kept eating his money and it wasn't fair  . . . .

Grifter Evan certainly didn't learn from Gil. Not suggesting that he could run home and whip up lunch/dinner a few times - well bc he was in party party mode, he wasn't gonna go home + he doesn't cook anyway. But Gil shows up to his daughters/DILs child births bag in hand with snacks. They couldn't at least stop by Walmart and buy bags of chips, granola bars, drinks etc. rather than paying $2-5 for every snack??

So what's next for C&E?

Most immediately they're headed to Jackson's wedding. IDK when it is but Whit last week was pulling out suitcases and starting to pack so she wouldn't have to do it last minute. And C&E have said they plan to "travel" after Jackson's wedding so I suspect we see them in Fla for the week after or at Disney.

Anyone think a trip to Europe is coming for the 2 of them bc now J&K have been to Europe, Law & Tiff have gone more than once, hell even Chad & Erin have been (Ireland for their honeymoon). And then after that pregnancy number 3?

I mean in the YT Carlin seemed like she's "done" with the health thing - saying the big stuff has now been ruled out so why not just "live with it" and move on, maybe it was something hormonal and it's over etc. Evan OTOH was like NO we are going to figure this out. They gave some explanation re the doctors will now "work backwards" to figure out the "minor" things like blood sugar etc. now that neuro, cardio, etc. is done. But this has been going on 1.5 yrs, I can't imagine that things like blood sugar haven't been looked at at all yet. Carlin mentioned doing a lot of bloodwork now and you wonder if that's drs just updating bloodwork from a year ago to make sure nothing has changed.

Though if even C&E believe/suspect/have been told it maybe had something to do with pregnancy, holy $hit be happy that you got your boy and girl and move the hell on, don't freaking roll the dice again. But what am I saying - Carlin has already obnoxiously said "well what are we supposed to do if doctors can't figure it, ONLY have 2 kids!" - the HORRORS!? Plus they need to keep up with the Bates baby races + need YT content for years to come . . . how can they do that with only 2 kids.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

I had to spend a couple days in the hospital last year and the food was surprisingly good. They had a large, diverse menu and I could check off anything I wanted. Was Carlin not offered meals during her stay? 

So more travel after the wedding? Thank God Zach and postpartum Whit are around to run the Boutique. I wouldn't want a silly little thing like work to get in the way of party party! 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I had to spend a couple days in the hospital last year and the food was surprisingly good. They had a large, diverse menu and I could check off anything I wanted. Was Carlin not offered meals during her stay? 

So more travel after the wedding? Thank God Zach and postpartum Whit are around to run the Boutique. I wouldn't want a silly little thing like work to get in the way of party party! 

Of course she was.  And Evan could've gotten nutritious meals from the hospital cafeteria at a better price than the fast food they chose to eat.  And, of course, Carlin's food would've been covered in the hospital charges.

BTW, most hospitals now offer essentially 24 hour 'room service' for patients who can call or text their meal choices to the kitchen and someone will bring the meal right to them when ready whether it is meal time or not.  And, in addition to the usual daily menu which changes, there are also items like burgers and soup and pasta which are available all day every day.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

65E576B5-642E-4552-843C-88E6C2477F6D.jpeg

Her kids are not going to know what a bowl of cereal or an English muffin (or, you know, a green salad or fruit) are when they’re grown up. 😔

Edited by Eureka
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1